PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill Gathering

aznaphrodite
05-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Anyone interested in doing a Kill Bill gathering? I've got Go Go Yubari ready for action and maybe I can convince my boyfriend to be a Crazy 88 again, like we did for Wizard World.

Yuna
05-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Bryant and I were going to do Pai-Mei and the Bride, but he changed hism ind and is doing something else now. =D Less for me to stress out over! XD~ But far less fun ;__; I wanted swishy swishy beard fun XD~

aznaphrodite
05-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Awww...I would have loved to see Pai-Mei and the Bride!!! =(

Jinyo
06-10-2004, 12:46 AM
If you could get a Game of Death Bride and like a couple dozen 88s plus an O-Ren on stage, that would rock! Big battle, cheap plastic toy samurai swords flying... I would totally sign up for that!

Lightning Count
06-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Keep trying to get together a Kill Bill gathering, if anyone can do it, you can :rockon:
I'll bring my new and improved O-Ren. Trying to get my sister to go as Sophie :jjacks:

DragonCosplay
06-10-2004, 01:15 PM
I will try to come to Comic Con

Kill Bill Gathering would definitely rock at Dragonfest

www.dragonfest.com

Glendale,California

I would bring my Johnny Mo

Dragon

nisho34rl
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm thinking about going as Bill, not too sure. Ha.

Mich
06-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Aaahhh I'm coming all the way from the U.K. to go to the Con.....I'm entering the Masquerade already,but I'm hoping to bring my 'The Bride' outfit to wear one of the days too...( depending on what I can pack in my case).So if any of you see me....please say 'Hi' as I'll be a bit like a fish outta water
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v57/michpowell/Conventions/con10.jpg

Lightning Count
06-14-2004, 11:50 AM
::gasp:: Sweet Bride costume, Mich!! :bigtu:

Jinyo
06-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, you look pretty cool, Mich!
Did you sew on the stripes or did you print them? And were you weilding live steel at that con?

Mich
06-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah, you look pretty cool, Mich!
Did you sew on the stripes or did you print them? And were you weilding live steel at that con?

Ahhhh Looong story( Do you have time? LOL)
Well I bought the track suit, and the pants were huuuge,so I had to take them in 'bucket loads' and sewed those bloomin' stripes on by hand( as I had never used a sewing machine),and it took ageeess,but I was SO chuffed when the stripes all lined up.
Oh and it was just a plastic sword and I painted the hilt and re-wrapped the black ribbon on....
Which reminds me,I won't even be allowed to bring that on the plane,so does anyone know of places near to the Con that sells cheap plastic Samurai swords?
Ta muchly....

Jinyo
06-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Which reminds me,I won't even be allowed to bring that on the plane,so does anyone know of places near to the Con that sells cheap plastic Samurai swords?

Really!? Wow.
I can think of a couple places in town that I would look for one, but I'm not certain that any of them would have them. I was actually planning on picking up a really cheap, plastic toy sword in LA before I head down. It won't be painted authentically or anything, but I want the security guys to be able to tell that it's fake from like 50m away, so I don't get shot and end up on the news. "Nerd killed by police, film at eleven..."

If you'd like, I'll pick one up for you too. We can meet up at the con, and I'll "arm" you. I plan to be there on Preview Night, and every day of Comic-Con.

Mich
06-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Really!? Wow.
I can think of a couple places in town that I would look for one, but I'm not certain that any of them would have them. I was actually planning on picking up a really cheap, plastic toy sword in LA before I head down. It won't be painted authentically or anything, but I want the security guys to be able to tell that it's fake from like 50m away, so I don't get shot and end up on the news. "Nerd killed by police, film at eleven..."

If you'd like, I'll pick one up for you too. We can meet up at the con, and I'll "arm" you. I plan to be there on Preview Night, and every day of Comic-Con.

Oh Jinyo,that would be really great...Thank you...
I am actually flying over from the U.K. to come to the Con,(yikes!)...
I do hope to be there for registration too,so maybe nearer the time we can exchange cell numbers and meet up somewhere( baring in mind I don't know anywhere LOL)Arrrgghh,just thought...'nearer the time' It's not long now is it?

Jinyo
06-16-2004, 04:59 AM
maybe nearer the time we can exchange cell numbers and meet up somewhere( baring in mind I don't know anywhere LOL)Arrrgghh,just thought...'nearer the time' It's not long now is it?

Cell number? What in the world is-- Oh, wait, you mean my mobile! :square: Sure, that sounds great!

Yeah, that time is almost upon us... I *really* have to get cracking on my costume... :waaaah:

Mich
06-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Cell number? What in the world is-- Oh, wait, you mean my mobile! :square: Sure, that sounds great!
:
Hahahhaha...cheeky! I said mobile to one of my on-line American friends and they didn't know what I was on about... :razz:

aznaphrodite
06-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I saw Mich's post that she'll be wearing her Bride costume on Friday and Friday is great for me to wear Go-Go so I want to propose we hold this gathering on Friday in the afternoon.

Is that okay with everyone?

Lightning Count
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I saw Mich's post that she'll be wearing her Bride costume on Friday and Friday is great for me to wear Go-Go so I want to propose we hold this gathering on Friday in the afternoon.

Is that okay with everyone?

HERE!! HERE!! :bigtu:

Mich
07-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Oh yes...GREAT! GREAT!....BIG pretty please Jinyo don't forget a sword for me? :heart:
Ohhh can't wait to meet you guys....

Jinyo
07-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh yes...GREAT! GREAT!....BIG pretty please Jinyo don't forget a sword for me?

No worries, Mich! I just picked up a few toy samurai swords yesterday, and I didn't forget you! They look really cheesy and fake, but on the upside, you are unlikely to get shot by any but the most myopic of policemen... and if their eyesight is that bad, they're unlikely to be able to hit you.
The blade is white plastic and should be quite safe, I was running around my apartment last night, slashing at invisible enemies (well, okay, it was my furniture) and I'm pleased to report that no innocents were harmed.

Midnight Rocket
07-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Aw....I want a cheesy Samurai sword...Well, I, unfortunately, don't have a Kill Bill costume but my friend that may or may not be coming with me has a kick as Elle costume. I'll see if she's gonna bring it.

Mich
07-14-2004, 06:27 AM
No worries, Mich! I just picked up a few toy samurai swords yesterday, and I didn't forget you! They look really cheesy and fake, but on the upside, you are unlikely to get shot by any but the most myopic of policemen... and if their eyesight is that bad, they're unlikely to be able to hit you.
The blade is white plastic and should be quite safe, I was running around my apartment last night, slashing at invisible enemies (well, okay, it was my furniture) and I'm pleased to report that no innocents were harmed.

Great,fantastic,thank you my friend... :) I will try and PM you my mobile number( when I get a new phone sorted),and maybe you can do the same for me,so we know when to meet up?
We are down to the wire regarding my Hubby's passport( I might have to fly out with my daughter,and he fly out a bit later)All we know at the mo is to phone back on friday to see if he can collect it( he lost his other one on a business flight would you believe) :sulk:
I can't wait to meet you guys....( I know I keep saying that.LOL,but I can't) :bigtu:

Oh and btw, I am meeting for a Raider Quest group pic at 3pm by the sails pavillion,so somewhere around there( seeing as I haven't a clue where anywhere is LOL) might be good .....and for what time?
What do you all think?

aznaphrodite
07-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Is noon on Friday okay with everyone? Any suggestions on where we should meet?

Mich
07-14-2004, 04:22 PM
How about the sails pavillion?

Lightning Count
07-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Is noon on Friday okay with everyone? Any suggestions on where we should meet?

OO! OO! YES!! Could we make it @ 12pm? That would be perfect!! :drink:

Where's that pavillion? We should do it where there are a lot of people like somewhere on the first floor, what do you think? :toothy:

aznaphrodite
07-15-2004, 01:15 PM
What about if we meet in the lobby area in front of the first Exhibit Hall entrance that is the farthest right when you are facing the Exhibit Hall? It looks like there is an open area and it's easy to find since it is the very first entrance.

Or maybe at the eBay booth (209)? There looks like there is an empty space next to it that we can take pics. What's easier for everyone to remember or get to?

Lightning Count
07-16-2004, 03:42 PM
What about if we meet in the lobby area in front of the first Exhibit Hall entrance that is the farthest right when you are facing the Exhibit Hall? It looks like there is an open area and it's easy to find since it is the very first entrance.

Or maybe at the eBay booth (209)? There looks like there is an empty space next to it that we can take pics. What's easier for everyone to remember or get to?

I think in front of the first exhibit hall entrance is perfect. We could always head over to the ebay booth area right afterwards? :)

Wolfgirl
07-16-2004, 04:31 PM
What time is the killbill gathering agian. I'd like to go . I have a crazy 88 outfit and I also have from the first movie my lovely bloody outfit of um (cant remember her name) you know the one who has the gun in the cearl box.

aznaphrodite
07-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Okay, this is finalized for

12 pm on Friday in front of the first (far-right) Exhibit Hall entrance