PDA

View Full Version : Photo's wont load

Kazzi
05-21-2004, 12:58 PM
The photo's in the Photo gallery wont load, i just get a red x. Not even thumbnails. How do i fix this?

Fireflystar
05-22-2004, 11:42 AM
You dont...>D it's been like that for me for um..at least a couple months. All galleries, and c.com offical galleries, all red x's for me.

So I guess I'll say something now,I just rarely come here anymore

Admin
05-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Disable any firewall you have running and you'll probably see the photos. If so, then you'll have to add images.cosplay.com and cosplay.com into your "trusted sites" list.

Kazzi
05-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Ah thank you that worked wonderfully. I forgot about my firewall actually *dope*

Admin
05-25-2004, 12:59 AM
If you have a firewall enabled, you should be able to disable it temporarily to see if it's the problem. It'll probably have a little icon in the bottom-right corner near the clock on your desktop.

If disabling it fixes the picture problem, then you'll want to find out where in your firewall program you can enter "images.cosplay.com" and "cosplay.com" into your Trusted Sites List. Since there are many firewall programs out there, you'll have to find out how to do that from someone who knows your program.

AskGm069
05-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Alrighty, I did that, and it still won't work.

Admin
05-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Are you sure you completely disabled it?

Another thing to try is checking your Internet Explorer settings if you're using IE. Make sure you don't have security set to "High" as it blocks your browser from sending referrer information which causes the server to think you're trying to direct-link to every part of the page, thus giving you the red "x".

Fireflystar
05-25-2004, 07:28 PM
The only way I figured it out was to disable my norton internet security program..which I *hate* doing..but..the firewall thing had no effect.. So yeah, Askgm, if you have a new computer, looke for a globe and grid icon and right click to disable it for whenever you want to look at the galleries.
I'm happy I finally figured out the problem..but wonder why this started happening when the site got re-arranged..

AskGm069
06-04-2004, 04:26 PM
The only way I figured it out was to disable my norton internet security program..which I *hate* doing..but..the firewall thing had no effect.. So yeah, Askgm, if you have a new computer, looke for a globe and grid icon and right click to disable it for whenever you want to look at the galleries.
I'm happy I finally figured out the problem..but wonder why this started happening when the site got re-arranged..

*gasp* And it works! Is there anyway to see the pictures with the firewall up? I added them to my trusted users list.