PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Uzumaki's Jacket X.X

Kross
05-21-2004, 06:51 PM
::scratches head:: anyone know what meterial will be good to make his jacket with? i dont own an orange jacket so i cant do anything @.@;

or does anyone know where i can find a plain orange jacket like his?

ZiggyB
05-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Please do not make duplicate posts. Since you have one here I'm going to delete the one you have in Props and Accessories.

Kross
05-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Please do not make duplicate posts. Since you have one here I'm going to delete the one you have in Props and Accessories.

sorry about that ^^;

Kurai Kaze
05-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm using polar fleece, but then again I'll probably end up baking. If they sell the stuff they make wind breakers from, that'll be good.

Eleryth
05-23-2004, 02:12 AM
You could also use galaxy twill - its a slightly ribbed cotton material, good weight. If you use the backside, it's not so ribbed. The ribbing is hardly noticiable unless you look up close.

Don't forget to make the pants out of the same material. Due to the design on the pants (the way the pockets are, and stuff), windbreaker material might not work (too light, I think). You could also buy white, if you can't find orange, and dye it with RIT dyes (probably more than once, to make the color bright enough).

Any other heavier cotton should work as well. Just take a picture in to the fabric store, and look around. The employees might also be able to help you find patterns for the jacket and pants.

pyrosam
05-23-2004, 10:55 AM
for a jacket you could find one in a hunting store usually but they'll usually get hot after 10 minutes cuz their fleece.... *darn that fleece =_=* I recomend a kind of quilt-ish material *yes I made that up* cuz the way it hangs in the anime it apears as a heavier material.... if you get it done you must post pics ^^

orichimarux13
05-23-2004, 01:07 PM
http://www.geocities.com/janimesekai/cosplay.html.................that has the naruto jacket.... it is a good resource if you want to buy the jacket ....but if you want to have the fun experience of making it thats a whole other story any ways good luck....and naruto rocks!!! ps......if you end up not buying the jacket maybe the pictures of it will help you find a fabric ....

orichimarux13
05-23-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.geocities.com/janimesekai/cosplay.html the link above dossent work so maybe this will!