PDA

View Full Version : ACen 2005 - plans?

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I know this is a little early..but ACen '05 will be here before you know it! I'm planning to actually cosplay next year, I'll have my commission (Popstar Yuna) there for sure..and I might make my own cosplay and throw together a Witch Hunter Robin costume, and hopefully a Final Fantasy X-2 Thief Rikku..It's uber skin-showy, but I think it's so cute :3..In other words, more cosplaying for me!

And I will plan to get a hotel room! I won't miss the karoake again! ;-;

So..any plans for ACen '05?

Flik
05-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Music. Lots of it. With a piano. Or we'll protest. Again. Until we get a piano. And we won't stop until we get one. We'll rally the troops in arms, break down their barricade until we get a piano. We deserve a piano.

I might cosplay. I'm not sure who as, but my considerations are:

Maximillian Sterling (Robotech)
SeeD Uniform Squall
MGS2 Otacon

Probably more as time goes on.

Tiara
05-23-2004, 02:58 PM
I actually did find a piano. It was behind a curtain on the second floor. They might not of wanted something to happen to it...

And that sucks that your commission didn't come on time. Yu-ri-pa. ((Remember me I was the Gunner Yuna who stopped and talked to you))

Anyways... Right now I w\have many plans. I might not even be able to go though because of the nice military life I'll be in... But I'll try. And right now my plans are Beatrix from FFIX, Chorus from UFO Princess Valkyrie(trying to get a group together), and I think I may try to do Tiara from Shamanic Princess. But this can all change. Beatrix is the only one I'm for sure working on.

NeonRainDrop
05-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Music. Lots of it. With a piano. Or we'll protest. Again. Until we get a piano. And we won't stop until we get one. We'll rally the troops in arms, break down their barricade until we get a piano. We deserve a piano.

I might cosplay. I'm not sure who as, but my considerations are:

Maximillian Sterling (Robotech)
SeeD Uniform Squall
MGS2 Otacon

Probably more as time goes on.

that's awesome, Jer

NeonRainDrop
05-23-2004, 03:03 PM
My plans are to either go as Zabuza (and bring a white rabbit plushie to give to a Haku I see!) or put money down on a commission from Limebarb for a Kakashi costume.

I really like the Zabuza idea though. hehe :angel:

SoulCrash
05-23-2004, 03:23 PM
After Acen2004, something came up into my mind...

And that is, should I staff for ACen next year or not?

Cause yes I had fun working on staff, like recording the masquerade. But I missed out on some of the good stuff like hang with my other "crew", walk the halls in cosplay form, and other stuff.

As in cosplay wise, I'm hoping to "redux" a Final Fantasy XI group. And going to get my friend to make me a Red Mage AF costume since that's what I'm working on in-game.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Tiara- yes! I remember you! You were so nice.. :3..heehee I got you on tape when you were goin' down the escalators :D

Flik-If you guys do do more music stuff, maybe you guys could make flyers or something and give them out on the pre-registration day and the first day of the con so maybe more people can participate or something..unless you guys practice or something..:/ -is a bad idea giver-

NRD-Yes, more Naruto cosplayers! Always good! Even though there was a plethora of Naruto cosplayers this year, it never hurts to have more. :)

SoulCrash- There was two FFXI cosplayers from this year that I know of..that's all I saw..But next year will probably open up to more FFXI cosplayers since more people will be playing it! Another thing-you can't cosplay if you're on staff? Shouldn't you be able to, so you can like promote the coolness of the staff?

Hmm..things might change for next year, who knows?

NeonRainDrop
05-23-2004, 05:24 PM
r0x0r. I just loved the musicians, cuz they r0x0red. I mean, I didn't even go to the SoapBubble or the masquerade. I just sat around with the musicians. :thumbsup:

Next year, as I will be 16 yrs old (YAH! Possible car! :p ) and possibly cosplaying, I'll probably go to the Soap Bubble and the masquerade. Hrmm... i felt a bit young and n00bish at ACEN this year, being a freshman in high school and ACEN being my first convention. Perhaps it shall all change, eh?

Hope to see you droogies at AnimeReactor!

SoulCrash
05-23-2004, 05:59 PM
SoulCrash- There was two FFXI cosplayers from this year that I know of..that's all I saw..But next year will probably open up to more FFXI cosplayers since more people will be playing it! Another thing-you can't cosplay if you're on staff? Shouldn't you be able to, so you can like promote the coolness of the staff?

You can cosplay when you're in staff. But you won't get too much attention cause you're doing staff stuff. Like if in a position where you're stuck in one room, what's the point in cosplaying if people won't see your costume. For me, I did cosplay. But I didn't get "heavy" attention cause of two things. One, that peoples didn't know that I'm the White Mage from FFXI cause I'm like semi-ghetto, and they don't know the game that well. Two, how offen do you see me walking the halls during the con? That's cause I was stuck in some panel rooms....

I bet that you can't find 10 or 15 pics of me in my ghetto FFXI White Mage costume from the con floating in the net.

Maryssa
05-23-2004, 06:18 PM
The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going again. Theres going to be another big parapara event.

Karoi
05-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I didn't go this year but I'm planning to go next year. So far I plan on cosplaying as Count Cain from Count Cain and Watari from Yami no Matsuei.^^

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Next year, as I will be 16 yrs old (YAH! Possible car! :p ) and possibly cosplaying, I'll probably go to the Soap Bubble and the masquerade. Hrmm... i felt a bit young and n00bish at ACEN this year, being a freshman in high school and ACEN being my first convention. Perhaps it shall all change, eh?

You feel like YOU'RE a n00b? I'm only 13 and ACen was also my first anime convention! I'm only in 8th grade too! bwah!

BIG n00b QUESTION!-What's para para? ^-^''''

NeonRainDrop
05-23-2004, 07:38 PM
You feel like YOU'RE a n00b? I'm only 13 and ACen was also my first anime convention! I'm only in 8th grade too! bwah!

BIG n00b QUESTION!-What's para para? ^-^''''

LoL well, I guess we're on the same page then. :crylaugh:

Para Para Paradise is like DDR, except you wave your hands through sensors instead of stepping on arrows. Very fun indeedy.

BlitzballMstr
05-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Here are some costumes I am working on for Reacotr this year which means they will be at acen 2005 ^^
Saito....Spring Variant (premiered acen 2004) and maybe the regular royal blue one if I have time

Kusanagi Shiyu ....the JSDF guy from X....I'm doing the X version just because the movie version is such a #$@#$@#! and then some

Younger Toguro brother from Yu Yu Hakusho.....this is the first time I've ever seen one ^^

and these are the one I'm planning on having ready for acen 2005

Sorata Arisugawa....the X tv version maybe the movie version dont know yet....he'll most likely end up at Acen 2005 though ^^

Shinsengumi Saito....like I said if time but figure him for Acen 2005 also

and if enough people bug me to bring these guys back and security doesnt get mad at me I'l bring back two of the coolest dudes out there

Seta ala Love Hina complete with blood ^^

and Ryoji Kaji from Evangelion....like i said though only if you guys pester me into bringing them though...I'm bringing Kaji outta retirement for Reactor so look for me ^^
:bouncer:

DaphHime
05-23-2004, 09:23 PM
I have two costumes I defantly want to do for next year, Inaho from Master Mosqution (I have a picuter attached incase you don't know who she is.) and Haruko from FLCL.

I will also be Excel again. That's like my manditory costume. ^_^

RyuichiFanGirl
05-23-2004, 09:28 PM
soo far i think ill have my Samurai X costume make a come back and then ill hopefully have my xellos costume and maybe haku from naruto or rosette from chrno crusade

Ellehina
05-23-2004, 09:52 PM
My husband and I hope to make it to ACEN next year. We figure we can swing it being so close to our anniversary and it being our tenth and all. We'll be expected to do something big. We have SO MANY costumes in the planning stages right now I have no idea what we'll be coming as but I'll bet we both have at least two costumes. Probably some Wolf's Rain, maybe Trigun and maybe even Inuyasha or Hellsing.

321stars
05-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I know I'm going again. ^^ I'm gonna bring back my Alice (DDR) costume (it's so comfy!), and maybe do Haku from Naruto...I'll have Mitsurugi (SC2, 'after shower' version) and perhaps Ulala's shanghai outfit (Space Channel 5 part 2) done by then, as well.

NeonRainDrop
05-23-2004, 10:19 PM
I know I'm going again. ^^ I'm gonna bring back my Alice (DDR) costume (it's so comfy!), and maybe do Haku from Naruto...I'll have Mitsurugi (SC2, 'after shower' version) and perhaps Ulala's shanghai outfit (Space Channel 5 part 2) done by then, as well.

Haku, eh? I may cosplay as Zabuza. :bigtu:

Mokona Plushie
05-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I am hoping to make a Sakura from Tsubasa cosplay by then and if possible my friend and I were be going as Mio and Mayu from Crimson Butterfly and Naruto and Sasuke. If I don't finish my Sakura one then I will just wear my Songstress since I love it so much and then run around with YU-Yu-Ri-Pa-Na!

Andrea
05-23-2004, 10:29 PM
I want to wear Yorda's outfit again, but hopefully will have a wig. I don't think anyone knew who I was... well, actually, a wig might not help that, ICO isn't a very popular game. :P

I suspect my friend and I will be dressed as Ban and Ginji from Get Backers again (Ooooh, and by then the anime should be out in English! At least part of it.), but the question is, which of their outfits? The standard ones will be brought along, of course, and the pajamas were fun this year, but we're thinking about making their outfits from the cover of volume 15 too. And I'm tempted to make Emishi's battle outfit, but my friend has implied that she won't be seen with me if I'm walking around in a funky yellow jumpsuit. ;)

And man, I totally want to do the masquerade - just so I don't have to stand in a line to watch. ;) Also definitely going to enter the AMV contest - shame I didn't get the one I just finished done before ACen this year.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
05-23-2004, 10:29 PM
I am hoping to make a Sakura from Tsubasa cosplay by then and if possible my friend and I were be going as Mio and Mayu from Crimson Butterfly and Naruto and Sasuke. If I don't finish my Sakura one then I will just wear my Songstress since I love it so much and then run around with YU-Yu-Ri-Pa-Na!

Yeah! We should buy a private photoshoot next year Sarah and be the Popstar Yuna twins! ^-^ And your Naruto and Sasuke cosplays will be uber cute cute if you and Paz do it ^-^

I'm going to be a very unique FFX-2 Rikku..I'll have short hair! :D I don't wanna buy a wig..I'll just make sure everyone will know who I am by not having one :p

Well..I might debut a FFX-2 Thief Rikku at Reactor..just depends on how busy I am during the summer :/

Mokona Plushie
05-23-2004, 10:30 PM
I want to wear Yorda's outfit again, but hopefully will have a wig. I don't think anyone knew who I was... well, actually, a wig might not help that, ICO isn't a very popular game. :P

I suspect my friend and I will be dressed as Ban and Ginji from Get Backers again (Ooooh, and by then the anime should be out in English! At least part of it.), but the question is, which of their outfits? The standard ones will be brought along, of course, and the pajamas were fun this year, but we're thinking about making their outfits from the cover of volume 15 too. And I'm tempted to make Emishi's battle outfit, but my friend has implied that she won't be seen with me if I'm walking around in a funky yellow jumpsuit. ;)

And man, I totally want to do the masquerade - just so I don't have to stand in a line to watch. ;) Also definitely going to enter the AMV contest - shame I didn't get the one I just finished done before ACen this year.

Wait...you went as Yorda I didn't see you?! NUUU!! I love ICO...;-; If you have pictures of you as Yorda could you send them to me? I have never seen a Yorda cosplayer and always wanted to do it...^^;

And yesh, YU-Yu-Ri-Pa-NA, Paz and I will make the cutest Naruto and Sasuke...we will provide...yuri? o.O;; I don't know since we are girls dressing as guys...I don't know how many people will recongize our Fatal Frame cosplay though...

Andrea
05-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Wait...you went as Yorda I didn't see you?! NUUU!! I love ICO...;-; If you have pictures of you as Yorda could you send them to me? I have never seen a Yorda cosplayer and always wanted to do it...^^;

I've got no pictures of it on my account, but I took a couple at home and my friend took a couple pics up by our rooms late one night... I should ask her if I can upload one to my account. But...

http://www.kitarin.com/digital/0405acen/0405-acen-andreayorda2.jpg

http://www.kekkai.org/andrea/art/cosplay/04-04-28_02-yorda.jpg

It would be so much nicer with a wig. (And if I'd ironed it before I wore it at ACen. :P)

Mokona Plushie
05-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Andrea, you are so beautiful. Thank you so much for letting me see the pictures! Just a quick question: Is it hard to make Yorda's outfit? o.o;;

Karoi
05-23-2004, 11:08 PM
soo far i think ill have my Samurai X costume make a come back and then ill hopefully have my xellos costume and maybe haku from naruto or rosette from chrno crusade
I would love to see a Xellos there!

Maryssa
05-23-2004, 11:11 PM
LoL well, I guess we're on the same page then. :crylaugh:

Para Para Paradise is like DDR, except you wave your hands through sensors instead of stepping on arrows. Very fun indeedy.
Umm actually, not really. What I was referring to was parapara dance, nothing to do with the game. Its a japanese dance trend that developed from disco and goes in and out of popularity.

Andrea
05-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Andrea, you are so beautiful. Thank you so much for letting me see the pictures! Just a quick question: Is it hard to make Yorda's outfit? o.o;;

Heh, thanks, and... well, it's definitely right up there as one of the hardest that I've made personally. (Thesenis from Legend of Mana takes the prize, I think... though that was more because it was time-consuming.) I wanted the dress to be two separate layers on the bottom but not move separately on the top, and figuring out how to engineer that was a real pain in the butt. Once I put the finished product on, though, I decided the frustration had been worth it. ;)

(Not to sound like I'm egotistical or something, but I worked really hard on it, and was actually satisfied with the end result. That almost never happens to me. :D)

chiichan
05-24-2004, 02:11 AM
im going to do my haku costume again and maybe a piccolo hoe with my bf... ummo... i might also do a Tsunade costume being as though i look like her... (shes from naruto too...)

321stars
05-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Haku, eh? I may cosplay as Zabuza. :bigtu:

Haku likely wouldn't be -too- hard to do...I've already got a black wig. ^^; Maybe I'll throw that together for anime reactor...

Tiara
05-24-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm so jealous of everyone going to Reactor. My friends seemed to like rubbing it into my face.

Them:Are you going to reactor?
Me: O_O No...
Them: Why not?
Me: You remember when my ship date is? Oct. 5th(shipping out for air force basic training)
THem: oh yea...well we'll be thinking about you.
Me: Yea you'll be having fun while I'm getting my arse kicked. XD

And it went like that all weekend.

A DDR LeGend
05-24-2004, 01:14 PM
my plans for 2k5?

cosplaying as a guy ;)

Rika-Chan
05-24-2004, 04:28 PM
For ACen05 I'm planning to be Shikamaru (Naruto) and Raenef (Demon Diary) in his white coat. And then I'll probably be Sanzo again, since there's some people that I met at ACen04 who wanted to do a Saiyuki group next year.

Hopefully I can get to AR and debut Shikamaru and Raenef (Given that I've finished them by that time XD)

Nerve-chan
05-24-2004, 05:15 PM
My plans...

Star Ocean 3...

Akarui-chan
05-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Well.. I'm definitely planning on May of Guilty Gear and Celes(Ceres) Victoria of Hellsing, but I'm not sure of the last day..

effembee
05-31-2004, 01:13 PM
Currently, my friend and I are planning on Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X. ^.^

~FMB

Masayume
05-31-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm probably going to do my Trainer again... though with some touch ups and more details this time ^^ (Never hurts to do something twice, ne?) I'm thinking about the Lotus fighting costume Alice wears at the end of the manga Alice 19th. Maybe trying some Sera Myu (Sailor Moon Musicals) cosplay. Don't know for sure yet, and I really have no other cons I can make it to, though I've been asked to go to Ohayocon, Anime Expo, and Otakon x_x Ohayocon is looking more likely though, plus its to help run a fan panel so why not? XD

Tiara
06-01-2004, 12:42 PM
my plans for 2k5?

cosplaying as a guy ;)

No Will!!! Say it's not so!!

J/k

NeonRainDrop
06-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, for 2005, I'll be cosplaying as Jounin Kakashi from Naruto. But think about it... a 16-year-old, 5'4" Kakashi.... when Kakashi is about 6' tall and 26? years old. haha. I'll be one of the shortest Kakashis there.

I plan to go to more room parties, because room parties rock! I hope to find those guys who had that room party last ACEN with the projector and projected anime onto a wall. Damn. That was a kickass party.

I didn't go to Anime Hell, Midnight Madness, the Masquerade, or the Soap Bubble last year, and I'm still kicking myself for not doing so. But I'll be sure to go to those next year.

And of course, I'll be sitting with the lobby musicians like last year, cuz one of them (Flik, aka. Jer) is the friend of my friend's brother. And quite simply, they are awesome.

And, I didn't glomp any kawaii cosplayers last year. Well, for ACEN 2005, I plan on Kakashi-glomping kawaii Temari (Naruto) cosplayers!!! Haha! Sand-nins r0x!

And after ACEN 2005, begin planning cosplays for ACEN 2006!

Rydain
06-22-2004, 09:59 PM
This time around, my friends and I are going to be a Dynasty Warriors group...and my husband is participating (his first cosplay ever weeeeee), so guess who gets to make TWO insanely time-consuming and expensive outfits. I'm crossplaying Zhang He (DW4 costume with the silver pants and top), he's going as Xiahou Dun (default DW4 costume), and I'm starting work on all of this now. Why? The armor and weapons of these costumes are my baptism by fire into the w00t world of fiberglass. What can I say...I have an addiction to difficult cosplay. :p

If I have time, I'd like to finish my Berserker Rikku costume and redo parts of it. First off, I need to get the horn and headband to work as intended by putting some kind of sturdy frame inside the headband. (The existing one isn't stiff and the horn is HEAVY, so said horn drooped like crazy and I couldn't wear it.) Secondly, the shoulder fur needs to be longer (I latch-hooked as much of it as I could, but I didn't make as much of it as I'd wanted to). Third, I want to make shoes that I can actually walk around in for several hours without turning my feet interesting shades of red and inflicting so much pain on myself that I have to hobble in mincing steps and fight to keep from collapsing. I would also like to redo the ends of my gloves, making big and impressive claws (I covet Jia Crens' Berserker Yuna nails!), putting the lacing on the blue part, and attaching the fingers WITHOUT winding up with a big glob of dried E-6000 on one of them! At least I can do all of this without scrapping the sleeve portion of the glove, which is a relief...

R1KKu
06-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Although it might not have been finished, I think your berserker turned out wonderful. XD

I hope to redo some parts of mine as well. First off, Im getting a wig, my hair is no longer blonde, and my extensions pretty much died on me. I wanna fix up the armor and the horn a bit (my armor left me with painful red marks on my shoulders for a week) I also wanna make new feet and make bigger claws for the paws and feet. Oh and I wanna redo the top. And to complete the costume, a nice new pair of Rikku contacts. WEE!!!

I was also planning for a Warrior Rikku for '05, but I keep throwing other costume ideas ahead of that one, so it might have to wait.

Ive got a few costumes in the works for Anime Reactor, I might just end up wearing those to AC '05 as well. Currently, Im working on Sesshoumaru and Kikyou for me, and Inuyasha and trying to finish Auron for my bf.

Yumeko
06-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Well I don't know what my plans for ACen 05 are as of yet
*voice in background* LIAR
*Punches voice* Shut up...

But for Anime Reactor I am planning on Manga Version of Mistress 9 from Sailor moon and a original catgirl costume

Sora Kazeno
06-23-2004, 01:09 PM
X_X I might actaully miss an ACen... the first in six years. Yay for changing college finals. Ugh.

Biscuit
06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
YAY!!!!! ACEN 05!!! I'm am hopefully going as Kyo (Diru) Tsumi to Batsu (notice I said hopefully. Stupid embriodery *_*), and possibly also Aya (PLC) Michi no Sora and my guy friend might go as Diashi michi no sora (if I make him the outfit). I was going to do Kyo's Kisou outfit, but my mom saw a picture of it and freaked. so that one will wait. So far that's it.

excelMax
06-28-2004, 12:01 AM
im thinking ill do either 2 costumes
-Lupin the III (red jacket)
-Asakura Yoh from Shaman King

SyaoranFan85
07-11-2004, 04:28 AM
Well, I plan on dressing my first cosplay ever at ACen '05. I will be Syaoran (Tsubasa version)

I went to ACen two or three years ago and have been kicking myself for not going every year since, but thats all going to change!! (Thank goodness for extra financial aid money!!)

:dance: :jjacks: :bigtu: (Dance of Victory, complete with "Good Guy Pose")

Rydain
07-11-2004, 01:33 PM
R1kku - Thanks for the compliment...it means a lot to me. You did a great job on your costumes, and I can't wait to see your updated Berserker. :) Are you going to make a wig or buy one? If you have the $$$ to spare, Katie Bair will start taking quotes and orders August 1. I'm hoping to have my Zhang He hair made by her, as it has a high ponytail that sticks out a few inches (which would be difficult to get to stay up for hours) and bangs (I'm not cutting my hair, kthx), and she is teh w00tness at making incredibly accurate and well-crafted wigs. I might want to learn wig styling later, but right now, I'd prefer to focus on sewing and propmaking.

Lottie
07-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I think I might be going to ACen 2005, missed the last 2 years going so this year I am planning on it. No idea what I am gonna cosplay as though. XP

effembee
07-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, I plan on dressing my first cosplay ever at ACen '05. I will be Syaoran (Tsubasa version)

I went to ACen two or three years ago and have been kicking myself for not going every year since, but thats all going to change!! (Thank goodness for extra financial aid money!!)

:dance: :jjacks: :bigtu: (Dance of Victory, complete with "Good Guy Pose")
Oh man....my friend is going to be sooooo happy. She loves Syoaran. Alot.

SyaoranFan85
07-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh man....my friend is going to be sooooo happy. She loves Syoaran. Alot.

I'll be around, so she can stop me and say hi if she wants, maybe take a few pics *loves the camera* :bigtu:

BorgmanJayce
07-13-2004, 08:55 AM
I plan on going as Ryo Saeba from City Hunter and Nabeshin from Excel Saga.

Ayana
07-13-2004, 03:49 PM
At the moment I'm thinking of doing Galaxia from the Sailormoon Stars manga for ACen 2k5...nothing's certain yet, though.

CapsuleCorp
07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many people actually have next year planned! I have THIS year to get through first!

But I will be working on a few costumes over the winter, any number of which I'll probably have along: Naoki from DDR, Legendary Hero Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh, Yugi's pajamas, and MAYBE somebody bishonen from Fruits Basket. I'm kinda keen on those black school uniforms.

But I'll definitely still be Hiei for a time...he gets the most attention. :)

The Agent
07-16-2004, 02:30 AM
im thinking ill do either 2 costumes
-Lupin the III (red jacket)
-Asakura Yoh from Shaman King

That'd be sweet. There was only 1 Yoh this year. As for me, I'm thinking late DBZ Yamucha, Ico, or (my #1 choice) Jing - The King of Bandits

bunnybeth
07-16-2004, 03:55 PM
That'd be sweet. There was only 1 Yoh this year. As for me, I'm thinking late DBZ Yamucha, Ico, or (my #1 choice) Jing - The King of Bandits

Jing character designs are so neat! I'd love to see more Jing cosplay... and I'm kinda thinking about cosplaying as a Jing Girl next year... I just can't pick which one. :p

The Agent
07-17-2004, 05:01 PM
What about the PorVora girl? I can't remember her name, but she was the coolest

SyaoranFan85
07-17-2004, 05:15 PM
*thinks about dressing as Mario, just for the heck of it*

waste0fcarb0n
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Perhaps I'll cosplay as Uchiha Itachi O_o

SyaoranFan85
07-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Uchiha Itachi is AWESOME! I would love to cosplay Kisame

bunnybeth
07-22-2004, 12:01 PM
What about the PorVora girl? I can't remember her name, but she was the coolest

Yes Elixir (or however it's spelled) was really cool. (And that would have entailed a PorVora plushie *.*)

But, when I last posted I had 2 eps left to watch and now I have decided that I *must* cosplay Stir's masquerade ballgown from the end of the final ep. It looks so pretty and I love the masks. :love:

-Nayami-
07-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm planning on going as Ed (FMA), Shigure (Furuba), and Sai (Hikago) for 2005. I've got the height for Ed...

I'll be going as Sanji for Reactor with a One Piece group. I'll be a very short Sanji...hehe

Hinataheights
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
HOPEFULLY ill be kairi from KH. i think ive decided more on that now. the only problem is i cant sew very well at all and ummm i have little to no money, so who knows if that will actually work out. unfortunately i dont want to leave my bf out though and he most likely will be stubborn and refuse to dress up. ah well. ill leave him in hte game room and someone else can take my arm! lol jk

R1KKu
09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Heh, keep throwing ideas around. Well I bought some fabric for Major Kusanagi's Hard Drive outfit, lots o booty. Im also planning for a Kagura. I might bring some previous costumes too.

Jun_Kazama
09-08-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm planning on an Iria costume from Iria:Zeiram, and probably Priss from BGC Tokyo 2040. Other than that, i'm not sure right now.
If I don't have time to sew another costume for it, I may bring my Andre/Black Knight costume that I'm working on from Rose of Versailles.

Evrdream
09-10-2004, 01:15 AM
I really hope I'll be able to make it to ACEN '05. If I do I'd be my first time. It's too early to know for sure but right now the cosplay plan is

Blue (Wolf's Rain)
"punk" version of Robin (Witch Hunter Robin)
Hanajima Saki (Fruits Basket)

Hinataheights
09-13-2004, 01:38 PM
i might be going as Hige next year...we should cosplay together if i do :)

i want to get a pack together and have at it :) look out ACEN here we come! whos with me?!?!?!

keitaro849
10-10-2004, 12:21 PM
I know this is a little early..but ACen '05 will be here before you know it! I'm planning to actually cosplay next year, I'll have my commission (Popstar Yuna) there for sure..and I might make my own cosplay and throw together a Witch Hunter Robin (a 14-year-old Robin! yah :p) costume, and hopefully a Final Fantasy X-2 Thief Rikku..It's uber skin-showy, but I think it's so cute :3..In other words, more cosplaying for me!

im gonna do all the usual stuff like the video and game room, watch the masquerade (thats always some good times), but now im gonna go party and dance yay! :dance: :jjacks: . And my band requiem of seven will kick ass :rockon: .

keitaro849
10-10-2004, 12:30 PM
lol im too tall to cosplay anyone

ParnsAngel
10-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Hooray for more Wolf's Rain people! I've worn Cher the past 2 years at Acen, but if there's a big enough group maybe I'll wear her again ( I HAVE to have a Hubb though XD)

and so far, my plans are...*thinks* Possibly Leviathan from FF8, if I get my butt workin on it over winter. Elsewise its up in the air! Though Im sure Ill have too many again. Darn people and showing me pretty designs! XD

O-Chan
10-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Going as Anthy from Utena next year with our little girls-only cosplay group! I can definetely enjoy next year more since it'll be my SECOND time at Acen. I'll actually know where I want to go ^____^

momo_no_unmei
10-13-2004, 07:30 PM
*points to o-chan* what she said!
i am the utena of the group! *^_^* and o-chan here's my fiance!!
our kozue recently joined here too! ACEN's gonna be great!!

ArsenalFierce13
10-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking I'll be Lulu from FFX (yeah, I know, ANOTHER one). But I've gotten it into my head that I must make this costume, and that I must do a rediculously detailed job on it (heaven help me, I'm even entertaining the thought of embroidering all that flowery trim), so I'm sure I won't have it ready for any cons before Acen. Plus I have 2 other costumes planned before I start on her for Sugoicon and Ohayocon.

ParnsAngel
10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh yay! I LOVE Lulu's design! Its always neat to see how people make her. Good luck! ^^

ArsenalFierce13
10-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Oh yay! I LOVE Lulu's design! Its always neat to see how people make her. Good luck! ^^

Thanks! I'm still in the super-researching phase, reading all the corsetmaking threads and getting ideas about fabrics and beads and whatnot, but I'm really excited about doing it. Even today, I went to Hancock's to pick up a buckle for my I-no costume which I have SIX DAYS TO FINISH (eep!), and instead I came out with a buckle, moogle fabric, and pompons ^_^;

TaurusDragon88
10-24-2004, 09:43 PM
If I can go I'm gonna try and go as either Paine, Lulu, or Robin (Witch Hunter Robin)

RyuichiFanGirl
10-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Ill be doin my hitokiri no battousai from samurai X again. My Xellos from slayers which premiered at Areactor this year is a must since i worked my arse off on it and i wanna do haku from naruto and a gravitation chara but dunno who yet...probably K-san <.<

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
10-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Ooh, today I registered for ACen for only $25 (yay!) so that's outta the way..I plan to reserve my hotel room soon, because I am not missing out on anything again..

total change in cosplay plans now, I'm planning to do Temari from Naruto, my murder nurse that never showed at AR..and I dunno, a random popstar Yuna..-shrugs- Just depends if I'm gonna send it back to my commissioner to get it fixed or not lol..wheee! only..200-something days til ACen! -optimistic-

Mokona Plushie
10-25-2004, 09:28 PM
VICKI!! BE TEMARI!! I NEED YOU ;___;

I will be doing Tenten and hopefully with...-nudges Vicki- a Temari to hit me with a huge fan.

I will also possibly be doing Sasuke with my best friend as Naruto and then Songstress Yuna with my other friend as Lenne.

waste0fcarb0n
10-25-2004, 11:22 PM
I'll be bringing Kakashi back.

I might put together a fast Battle Royale kiddie cosplay.

I also might get either an Uchiha Itachi (Naruto) or an Ichigo in Soul Reaper costume (BLEACH) cosplay commissioned.

If there's anyone who wants to form a BLEACH group, I'll be more than eager to get Soul Reaper Ichigo. (Especially if there's a sexy Rukia...) :-)

Weaving_Winky
10-26-2004, 12:17 AM
im doing kurenai and possibly sexy no jutsu team with some people from AR2004 some of us are doing sexy no jutsu kakashi, gaara, naruto and maybe i can do gai or kiba...

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
10-26-2004, 12:27 AM
VICKI!! BE TEMARI!! I NEED YOU ;___;

I will be doing Tenten and hopefully with...-nudges Vicki- a Temari to hit me with a huge fan.

I will also possibly be doing Sasuke with my best friend as Naruto and then Songstress Yuna with my other friend as Lenne.

I mostly want the Temari cosplay for the huge fan..fweee...

VashzMynBackOff
10-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Damn, I can't believe that I had to miss AR for the second year in a row. But anyway, after debating (lol) on what costume I wanna wear, I've decided on Myoubi from Alichino and GoGo from Kill Bill. BTW, who saw a freaky-ass Kiba from Naruto? Lol, that was my friend John. Heh, it was his first con and cosplay.

Voltz
10-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Well I'll most likly be doing my Zabuza for ACen, it's just so annoying because they are really really really really tough on big props. Also I should have my custom costume done, I'll most likly be interchaning between all the fiberglass swords I made.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
10-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Well I'll most likly be doing my Zabuza for ACen, it's just so annoying because they are really really really really tough on big props. Also I should have my custom costume done, I'll most likly be interchaning between all the fiberglass swords I made.

You're making me a sword, right? Right? -nudge nudge- i ish luff you.. ^_^'

BlitzballMstr
10-28-2004, 04:24 AM
hmmm plans plans....well since I dont want to go over board....

Bringing Back
Saito- Spring Variant ^^
Ni Jiene- I just tested him at Reactor anyone see my crazy pumpkin monster ^^

Will be working on
Kusanagi - X - TV
Younger Toguro Brother- Yu Yu Hackusho <sp =P>

So if anyone is looking to we can have a Kenshin group, Saiyuki group
X group and Yu Yu Hackusho group.

well back to working out gotta look buff for Toguro lol ^^

:jjacks:

SupremeKai
10-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Well i am workin on my Kingdom Hearts II cosplay, working on Axel making his weapons and finished another unknown. Now that i have seen 6 members of unknown i think i have enough to keep me ocupited until ACEN.

CapsuleCorp
10-28-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm soooooooo up for a YuYu Hakusho group, BlitzballMstr. I'll bring Hiei back in various incarnations, and will probably have Kurama in addition to Youko and either Mukuru, Yomi, or Kuronoe (depending on how Snow feels).

I'm probably also going to start a Yu-Gi-Oh group, and then we'll see what else I can get into. By ACen I will also have a DDR costume and something from DOA.

Lottie
10-30-2004, 03:42 PM
So far I have a good possibilty of going to ACen and if I do, I'm going as Quistis Trepe from FFVIII and a Totoro (non-mascot type though) from My Neighbor Totoro. Gotta start working on those costumes first though. XD

HeavyArmsDan
10-31-2004, 12:54 AM
I am so excited for ACEN in May. My first anime convention was Anime Reactor 2004 in Rosemont, and once i heard about ACEN, i was DEFINITLEY going to that one. I hope to get my costume done by then. I am currently working on making Gundam Heavy Arms Custom from Endless Waltz. I just hope I can get everything as down to detail as possible on it. By the way, does anyone know if 4 spinning gatling guns are allowed(NO, they dont fire bullets!) :bigtu:
Hope to see some of you there.

bunnybeth
11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
It's starting to be the time where I have to pick out my costumes and start working on them at least a little bit, huh? Right now I'm planning on Misha, casual outfit, from PitaTen, and rewearing my Water Pretear (I'm currently making for Ohayocon). Still trying to figure out if Princess Stir, ballgown version, from King of Bandit Jing will be possible... one thing at a time though.

Totoro (non-mascot type though) from My Neighbor Totoro. Gotta start working on those costumes first though. XD
That would be so cute, I'd love to see that if you get it done. ^___^

Taxidurmy
11-14-2004, 12:40 AM
If all goes as planned I'll be cosplaying as Sora from Digimon Season one on Saturday and Sakura from Street Fighter on Sunday ^_^ Hope to see everyone there.

CapsuleCorp
11-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh dear. Adding one more costume to my potential list: Kougaiji from Saiyuki. Yui and I are challenging each other to finish our costumes in time for ACen, we'll see how that goes.

Narumi-kun
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
If Money goes as Planned .... and my ability to sew.. eh hehl..
i Should be doing Vincent from FFVII( yeah had to get on the craze
and Shinji Ikari Plugsuit form Evangelion

Evrdream
11-14-2004, 11:07 PM
If all goes as planned I'll be cosplaying as Sora from Digimon Season one on Saturday and Sakura from Street Fighter on Sunday ^_^ Hope to see everyone there.
Yes! Digimon cosplay! Awesomeness! ^_^

Taxidurmy
11-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Yes! Digimon cosplay! Awesomeness! ^_^

Thanks. ^_^ I'm still trying to get teh boyfriend to go as Taichi, but he hasn't said yes for sure.

Miss Valentine
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Planned so far:

Mina- Samurai Spirits Zero
Sailor Pluto- Sailor Mooon
Mai Shiranui 2nd Player- KOF Maximum Impact

That's the plan so far, but knowing me, they'll keep on changing up until April. Happy sewing!

~Sassy :heart:

EtoileEyes
11-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Planned for Acen 2005 as of now is all old school Anime Costumes:

~Kodachi the Black Rose~ (My boyfriend is going as Kuno, yeah for fun Ranma costumes) Hey if anyone else is doing Ranma 1/2 costumes and would like to meet up for pictures please PM me or add to this post
~Sailor Venus~ (Miss Valentine, we ought to meet up for pictures) Representing Outer Power/Inner Beauty Cosplay Group at ACen 2005

That'll probably be it. I've got some other costumes in mind, but we'll see how much I get done in the next couple of months and how well my new workout plan goes! (All costumes are subject to change)

Yeah can't wait for ACen!!! It's my favorite con!

Freyja
11-22-2004, 10:48 PM
This will be my second con. My first one was Anime Reactor 03 I went as Chii(Chobits). This year though I got sick so I cancelled my plans on AR04, but instead I decided to go to ACEN!!! So I'm excited. I can't wear my Lulu(FFX) costume anymore(I chopped off most of my hair lol). So here's my line up of my two costumes I have to chose from that I'm currently making:

-Alexiel- Angel Sanctuary
-Tifa- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Lady Morwen
11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Hum, if I can get my hands on Trigun (so Anime Deprriiiivved!!!) I really am thinking about crossplaying as Vash and most definitely going one or two days as an original character who I like to think is from FFX. Named her Morgana and am quite fond of her. Have decided she is enemy of Yuna and Co. Ok, well I came up with a whole background story for her, but only because I've been writing character bios for way too long. Spira needs more female villains anyway. If all goes well, she is most definitely lined up for ACEN '05. (Woo!)
Speaking of ACEN, I've been asked to go with a friend of mine and her friends, and I don't really like any of them v. much, (they're rather annoying and like to sit on couches instead of walking around and such) so I don't want to go with them. I've been talking to some much older friends of mine who I'd much rather go with but don't know how to turn down other girl. Any suggestions?

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Oohies I just gots my room for ACen so now I'm really pumped and ready to start sewing! YAR!!

..>>

Anyways, I'll HOPEFULLY get my Temari fan tomorrow, and I'll be sure to post up pictures of that as well..cuz its gonna be uber awesome ^-^..now..to find my headband..

bunnybeth
11-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I've been talking to some much older friends of mine who I'd much rather go with but don't know how to turn down other girl. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could explain that you've already got another group to go with, and ask her about a time you could meet up with her and her group for just a little bit of the con. Although this wouldn't work if she knows she was the first to ask...

Lady Morwen
11-26-2004, 11:45 PM
There hasn't been much in the way of really asking and planning, so as of now, I'm still open. But the girl has expressed a desire for me to go with her. Ah well, she's got fourteen other girls and several guys she's asking so I don't think she'll miss me too much.
Thanks for the advice!

Ashiri-chan
11-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Planning on Utena (anime duelist style). I'm going to have a Chigusa (sp?) and a Touga with me so far, so it should be good times. Chances are I'll have Judy (Cowboy Bebop bounty hunter show) and Selphie (my vinyl recurrent) with me as well.

Looking forward to it already!

Beverly
11-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Myself, again, and probably my roommates will be in attendance in 2005! I'm really looking forward to visiting, I had such a fabulous time last year. ^^ The only things I know for sure I'll be bringing is Azmaria's concert dress (from Chrno Crusade), and the debut of my long-in-progress Gunner Yuna, as well. Hopefully some other things will pop up, too!

Can't wait to see everyone!

-Nayami-
12-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Beverly--you'll be doing Azmaria? I'm going as Chrono, and I'll have a Rosette with me. Maybe we could get together for a photo-op ^^

Alongside Chrono, I'll also be going as Shigure from Fruits Basket and Sai from Hikaru no Go. I was originally going to go as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist, but that got scrapped due to what I expect to be a huge turn-out of Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers.

Hotaru_Yumi
12-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm planning on going for the first time this year, I am thinking of going as Ami from Sailor Moon (just in a regular school girl outifit)

Lady Morwen
12-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Question: Is it stupid to go as an original character? There's someone I know loosely (who cosplays) who once said how 'retarded it is when people dress up like original characters.' (Their words, not mine). I'm planning on going as an original character based off FFX, and I do have a background of sorts for her and she's got a name too...(Morgana, silly but I am quite fond of it). I was just curious on what sort of response the costume's going to get at the Con if people really do think it's silly or not.
If you'd like to see, I'm doing a good drawing of her make-up and full costume that I might post in several days.
Thanks, and please, feel free to be quite honest.

CapsuleCorp
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Well, Lady Morwen, that all depends on one main thing: what you want to get out of the costume. if your intent is to be recognized, fawned over, photographed, and accepted into groups of other FF cosplayers, then an original is not the thing to do. No one will recognize you and most people don't care. If, however, your intent is to make a pretty outfit you designed yourself and just wear it for fun, enjoy it, then go for it. It's all about your personal goals and desires. Just remember, though, that random fans in the halls do NOT care about original characters, not one bit. If that doesn't bother you or you don't care right back, then have fun! I'm sure a few people will still take your picture if the outfit is pretty - sometimes people see things they think are very nice costumes even if they have no idea where it comes from. Before I'd seen any anime outside of Dragonball Z, I did that too. ;)

grendizer
12-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree with CapuleCorp, Lady Morwen. I also think you'll get more recognition and less disdain should you create a character that is based on an anime, manga, or video game. (Rather than pure original costume) - Particularly if there are trademark colors, designs, and props that people can identify. For example, an original designed :

Power Ranger (unitard and hemet)
Monster Dueller (Cards and holder)
Pokemon Trainer (Pokedex and pokeball)
Bathhouse worker from "Spirited Away" (Bucket, towels, bath tokens)

You get the idea.

HyperrrMouse
12-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Greetings friends!

Acen oh acen, you are the best end of semester party anyone could ever hope for! My friends and I will likely stay Thursday-Sunday, we usually do Friday-Sunday, but we've decided to mix it up a bit for Acen this year.

As for costumes, I'll be wearing my Naruto one with some of my friends in Naruto costumes. I will be the softest Naruto ever, since the costume is made of fleece, ooo-la-la.
There will also be fun with the Lulu costume, which i've finished the corset for and purchased some of the belts, as well as begun early styling of the extensions for the wig.
Finally a friend and i have created origional designs for Sailor Moon. Basically a new take on old Fukus, so they are still distinctly a certain character, but new design. Sailor Moon was my first non-con cosplay, so forgive me if i get misty-eyed.
I may also bring a few other bits of costumes, and wear my Nuriko costume of last year, since it will be for sale soon, and that'll be a last hoorah for it, also it'll be all fixed up, and all before it's sent to its new home. I may fix, and sell it before then, so we'll see with that one.

I can't wait to see everyone there, happy costuming, and safe journeys to Acen to you all!!!

Lady Morwen
12-09-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm really considering doing it just because I really love the sketch and I've been working really hard on the design. She's based off FFX and I have incorporated that symbol that Tidus and Yuna both have in their costumes for FFX and FFX-2. It's stitched on to the back of the coat and there are little bits of certain characters in the costume too so I think it's kind of...reminiscent I guess of FFX. There's a lot of work going into it though, not like using a storebought 'Asian' dress and fan and calling yourself an original character. We'll see how everything goes ^_^

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
12-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Lady Morwen- if you post pictures of the custom character before ACen, I'll be sure to look for you and take your picture, or video tape yah or whatever I'm bringing along..

I might be going as FFX-2 thief Rikku..my friend that went to Anime Sound and Vision said that I have to do it because it fits me..neh..as soon as my mom starts driving me to fabric stores, I'll know for sure if I'm gonna do it or not..

A little side note..

ANIME CENTRAL 2005 IS ON FRIDAY THE 13TH!!! OMFG OMFG awesome <3!

Lady Morwen
12-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Thank you! ^_^ I saw you at ASV and I think you'd definitely make a good Rikku- you look like her.

Ooh! Friday the 13th- fun stuff!

Still deciding on my second costume though- too many ideas. Leaning towards Seras momentarily. This will probably change within ten minutes though. *sigh* Possibly going with several friends of mine as a group. We're talking about what- maybe a Witch Hunter Robin group, or possibly CardCaptor, or a million other ideas. Either we better decide soon because I have to take care of it all!

Mokona Plushie
12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I might be going as FFX-2 thief Rikku..my friend that went to Anime Sound and Vision said that I have to do it because it fits me..neh..as soon as my mom starts driving me to fabric stores, I'll know for sure if I'm gonna do it or not..

What about Temari? ;___;

I will be going as Tenten for sure along with my sisters as Rock Lee and Neji. I don't know...I might plan a few other costumes over the winter.

Lady Morwen, I will look for you too!

R1KKu
12-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Same here Lady Morwen, Ill be sure to look for you for piccies XD Ive seen some really beautiful original costumes, some even better than actual characters. Good luck with the costume!

Lady Morwen
12-12-2004, 06:46 PM
*Smiles!* Thank you all- I feel special! *Glows* ^_^ Guess I'd better not disappoint and get hard to work on my outfit. Yay! Thanks to all again. You make Lady Morwen feel much more confident about going as Morgana. Have nearly finished drawing and will post soonish. Or whenever feeling ready to mess with scanner again. Which could be a while.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
12-14-2004, 11:11 PM
What about Temari? ;___;

That's a 'for sure' thing..I MIGHT be doing a thief Rikku for like..Friday or something. Temari will be an all Saturday thing. Totally. And we have to sing HARUMONIA for karaoke..SCREW SAKURA AND INO! TEMARI AND TENTEN R00LZ! <3

Maryssa
12-15-2004, 05:18 PM
My only plan right now other than parapara events is to have a photoshoot with miss AllstarAlice in our rikku and yuna >.<

AllStarAlice
12-16-2004, 06:24 PM
OMG yes totally!! hehehe Acen is going to be so freakin' awesome ^_______^

DaphHime
12-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Looks like my plans have changed once again. :thumbsup:

Defintie costumes:

Quistie (Final Fantasy 8) For a group, I'm not even a big fan of this game, but I still have been wanting to cosplay this character.
K (Gravitation) For a possable group, and if not it still looks like an easy costume.

Maybe costumes:

Liza Hawkeye (Full Metal Alchmeist) If I can get my friend to go as Roy. Then if not, for Anime Reactor. I really want to do this one!
Inaho (Master Mosqution '99)
Tira (Sorcerer Hunters) Since it looked so bad at Anime Reactor.

Big maybe:

Excel (Excel Saga) Looks like one of those that will slip in and out of retirement.

Lady Morwen
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
So yay, everything is now in progress for ACEN!
-Morgana (Original FFX character)
-Alucard
-Chii (for later at night)

Still deciding what days I'm wearing which costume and between Morgana and Alucard for the Masq.

How's everyone else doing?

trekkieb47
12-22-2004, 01:54 PM
IN PROGRESS

- Akaza Ban Ban - From DekaRanger Police Suit
- Shunske Akagi - From DaiGuard Pilot Suit

CON STAPLES
- Roger Smith - From Big O
- Hubb Lebowski - From Wolf's Rain

Berry

Miss Valentine
12-23-2004, 10:43 AM
My big Saturday costume has changed but for the last time because I've already started to work on it. So this is the list written in stone ^^:

Friday - Mina Majikina from Samurai Spirits Zero
Saturday - Rith From Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata
Sunday - Mai Shiranui Player 2 from King of Fighters: Maximum Impact

I'll be bringing my Jam from Guilty Gear XX along with a Raver costume of some sort.

I can't wait! I hope to see you all there! Happy sewing.

~Sassy :heart:

Taxidurmy
12-28-2004, 08:43 PM
W00t. My Cosplay list has changed yet again. For good, this time.

-Sakura- Street Fighter
-Inoue Miyako- Digimon 02
-Still not sure about the third costume ^^;

Heidi
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
I'll most definately be at Acen '05...I wouldn't miss it for the world. :heart:

My cosplay plans are as follows:
- Lulu from Final Fantasy X
- Celes Cheré from Final Fantasy III (Amano-ized sprite version)
- Aeris from Final Fantasy VII
- Random convention schoolgirl

I'm so jazzed...I can't wait! :p

Mokona Plushie
12-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Hmm...so far for me it is:

Friday- Songstress or Gunner Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2)
Saturday- Tenten (Naruto)
Sunday- Athena, either 1999, 2000, or 2003 >.<;; Depends on which I finish first (King of Fighters)

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
01-03-2005, 12:46 AM
So far, things that I am wearing for SURE..

FRIDAY- ~
SATURDAY- Temari (Naruto)
SUNDAY- ~

Then, things that I am PLANNING..

FRIDAY- Thief Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2)
SUNDAY- either a nurse or Edward (Cowboy Bebop)..

Lately my parents have been thinking to move to Minnesota, and I am PRAYING that they don't, for then I can't go to ACen ;-;...wish me luck ><!

ShotACrow
01-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Its tough to plan and it might be shuffled, but I foresee myself for:
Van Fa---
Oh just look at the sig lol

CasualVillain
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
My plan for Acen:

Friday: Cheza from Wolf's Rain or Terra from FFVI
Saturday: For sure, Sexy no Jutsu Gaara :heart: :heart:
Sunday: Maybe Mitsuko from Battle Royale??? Or whatever I am for Friday. :rolleyes:

Evrdream
01-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Wah! Please wear Cheza? There are way too few Cheza cosplayers. ^^;

CasualVillain
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
If you go as Blue, then sure. :rolleyes: Nah, I kid. I'm leaning toward Cheza more than Terra anyway, so I probably will end up going as her. :heart:

Pixeldot
01-07-2005, 12:18 AM
I'll be Edward again, same as I was at Reactor, but I totally revamped the costume.

I'll also be with an Al cosplayer this time, xD Sure to get attention.

For sunday me and a huge group of friends are considering going as Crazy 88s.

Pixeldot
01-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Its tough to plan and it might be shuffled, but I foresee myself for:
Van Fa---
Oh just look at the sig lol

I thought you were doing Roy...

ShotACrow
01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I thought you were doing Roy...

Aww, it was my idea, but then I lost my inspiration ><

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
01-10-2005, 10:02 PM
For sunday me and a huge group of friends are considering going as Crazy 88s.

OMFG, if you do that, I will so go as Beatrix(The Bride)on Sunday.

purplevix
01-11-2005, 04:45 PM
well, my plan is in my sig, but here's my plan for the days

Friday - Lettuce (cafe)
Satuday - Chise during the day (I'll have wings and all) and Hello Kitty for the masq. (mascot head)
Sunday - Sloth with my boyrfirend as Ed (The Full Metal Alchmaholic - we're making the automail out of Sapporo cans)

Then I'll wear Hakkai for some time frame surrounding the photoshoot is, right nwo it's lookign like after the masq.

Someone mentioned having an Al with them, could they PM me? I have a masq idea involving my b/f, they won't have to do much, barely even talk.

Bobbi
01-19-2005, 04:04 AM
If I'm able to attend this year, I'll be bringing along the following (add or subtract a few, it's months away so I have no idea what I'll have for sure):

Psychicer Yuna - FFX-2 International
Lisa - Final Fantasy Unlimited
Flonne - Disgaea
Habenero-Tan (If I have it in time) - unofficial mascot of Tohato habanero pepper-flavored snacks (cause she's so freaking cute!)

cactusmomma
01-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I'll probably only be able to come on Friday...but I plan on bringing:

King - King of Fighters 99
Mai - King of Fighters Maximum Impact
King swimsuit for the SNKSamCap swim gathering

dunno when to wear what and if con staff will kick my ass for the Mai :P Even if it's super short, if it's properly secured (safety pins everywhere + tights), will I probably be told to change?

evil_pengin_uba
01-19-2005, 12:19 PM
We're probably going to come Thursday night... And we'll be there the whole time!! *happiness*

We have an Utena group and are going to be wearing those costumes for the whole con. We're not changing characters... We really don't have enough time to make others... We have an Utena (our sis, momo_no_unmei), Anthy (our friend, o-chan), Miki (our friend LadyRedComet), Kozue (our friend LadyJade), and Nanami (us, za penguin!!). We will probably make school girl uniforms for Anthy and Kozue, though... Those rosebride dresses are hard to move around in for going to the dealer's room... We're also planning on entering the masquerade! Does anyone know when you can sign up for that?? Kinda confused...

toarms
01-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Ha. That's cute. I'm going to be going as Haku. You should give me your rabbit! :love:

chiichan
01-19-2005, 10:35 PM
i have a haku costume i might wear... i most likely will be going as tsunade on saturday... other costumes still in planning

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
01-21-2005, 12:24 AM
We're also planning on entering the masquerade! Does anyone know when you can sign up for that?? Kinda confused...

Registration for Masq. (http://www.acen.org)

It's not up yet, but check that site daily for updates..

I will be staying there from Fri.-Sun. all day, all night~! YEAH~! PARTY~! lol..oh no..I'll be so hyper with a huge fan..that's gonna be dangerous.. :eeek:

HyperrrMouse
01-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Registration for Masquerade begins Febraury 1st, I asked at the Acen forums ^_^

bunnybeth
01-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Alright, now it looks like I'm going to be Misha from PitaTen on Friday and make Rosalie's ballgown from the Rose of Versailles manga for Saturday. Since that'll be non too easy to wear (petticoats and all that) I may rewear my manga Water Pretear in the morning, and just wear Rosalie starting in the afternoon. I'll probably do something simple or rewear another costume for Sunday.

We're going to be there Friday-Sunday for sure, although some of my group may be picking up our badges on Thursday night. If not, I'll at least be there super-early on Friday setting up our AA table with my comic circle.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
01-21-2005, 01:10 PM
We're going to be there Friday-Sunday for sure, although some of my group may be picking up our badges on Thursday night. If not, I'll at least be there super-early on Friday setting up our AA table with my comic circle.

I'll probably be picking up my badge on Thursday too, so I don't have to waste time on Friday..because..I dunno lol..Maybe I'll wear one of my Temari outfits for the hell of it..

Oh, here's a question~! Who's planning to walk from the dealer's room to the hotel(yes, we all remember the walk of doom from ACen04)? I, for one, am not, because with a hugeass fan, I don't want to risk it a) hitting people b) breaking or c) breaking something else...so, I probably won't be buying anything ACen05 which fine for me, since everything is way overpriced @.@..

Registration for Masquerade begins Febraury 1st, I asked at the Acen forums ^_^

Ah, smart idea XD, thanks for that (I'm planning to enter the Masq. as well..)..

Oh, and good luck with your Rose of Versailles dress, bunnybeth, I heard those were really hard dresses to wear :/

bunnybeth
01-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll probably be picking up my badge on Thursday too, so I don't have to waste time on Friday..because..I dunno lol..Maybe I'll wear one of my Temari outfits for the hell of it..

Oh, here's a question~! Who's planning to walk from the dealer's room to the hotel(yes, we all remember the walk of doom from ACen04)? I, for one, am not, because with a hugeass fan, I don't want to risk it a) hitting people b) breaking or c) breaking something else...so, I probably won't be buying anything ACen05 which fine for me, since everything is way overpriced @.@..

Oh, and good luck with your Rose of Versailles dress, bunnybeth, I heard those were really hard dresses to wear :/

We got stuck in a really long line on Friday morning last year, since we left the house a little late and rain slowed down traffic. :/ Not this year! I probably won't be cosplaying on Thursday at all since I'll be going from work to my grandma's to the Hyatt.

As for the walk from the hotel to the con. center, I hate that skywalk, it's evil. I'm hoping that the weather will be nice enough that I can make the walk outside between the buildings, as Artist's Alley is in the con. center this year. A lot of back-and-forth for me... I enjoy the dealer's room for some random good deals (if you look hard enough) and for rare stuff that's hard to find, even online. But, you have to know what you're doing so you don't pay too much.

Thanks for the good luck on my dress, though it could be worse to wear, I could be making it period-accurate. Thank goodness for manga-ka not caring if the dress follows 18th century French fashions, so much as looking pretty. :p

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
01-25-2005, 10:27 PM
As for the walk from the hotel to the con. center, I hate that skywalk, it's evil. I'm hoping that the weather will be nice enough that I can make the walk outside between the buildings, as Artist's Alley is in the con. center this year. A lot of back-and-forth for me... I enjoy the dealer's room for some random good deals (if you look hard enough) and for rare stuff that's hard to find, even online. But, you have to know what you're doing so you don't pay too much.

Artist Alley is going to be in the con. center this year? Then I have to do the walk of doom -.-..one of my best friends is gonna have a table in AA, so I'm gonna probably spend a good deal of time there :3

I'm very very bad at finding bargains anywhere..I'm just not gifted like that, I guess? lol..I guess if it's by the AA, I'll take a peek inside every now and then..

Thanks for the good luck on my dress, though it could be worse to wear, I could be making it period-accurate. Thank goodness for manga-ka not caring if the dress follows 18th century French fashions, so much as looking pretty. :p

You're welcome~! XD yeah, if it was an accurate 18th century dress, that would be..just..hell. I want to take pictures of you, though, because I <3 pretty dresses..-eyes sparkle- I still want to see someone cosplay the model dress from Paradise Kiss (I've only seen a pic of one person doing it ;-;) that is a very pretty dress..-rolls away-

shadowedfates
01-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey, I'm going to ACEN this year too!
(Best part is, I only live about an hour away from Rosemont...)

R1KKu
01-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Hmm, maybe some slight changes..Ive been wanting to revamp my FFX Rikku for some time now (my first costume!!) so Im gonna try to get that done for the photoshoot, if there is one. Also want to fix up my Berserker Rikku XD and then hopefully I can wear Sesshomaru in the middle of May without shooting myself o.O Also want to bring Juroumaru and Kageroumaru (wore it at Ohayo for those of you who were there) and since I know someone dressing up as Momiji (IY) I told him I would make a Botan (IY again) since Ive got the materials and wig lying around. Oh and Baiken, maybe just for the GG shoot,again, if there is one. And Im still struggling a bit with my masq costume :sulk: 7 costumes??? Good thing most are pretty much finished/need minor updates :eeek:

And Ill probably be there Thurs for badge pickup, because I really dont want to wait around forever on Friday when I could be running amuck and taking pictures of costumes.

AllStarAlice
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Who's planning to walk from the dealer's room to the hotel(yes, we all remember the walk of doom from ACen04)? I, for one, am not, because with a hugeass fan, I don't want to risk it a) hitting people b) breaking or c) breaking something else...so, I probably won't be buying anything ACen05 which fine for me, since everything is way overpriced @.@..

The walk actually is a lot shorter to the dealers room if you go out the front entrance of the hotel and walk outside around the block. There isn't a lot of people-traffic overall it just seems shorter.

scandia
01-26-2005, 12:26 PM
OMG Bunnybeth I need to see the pic of your Rosalie.

If only I could take an extra weekend off work....

bunnybeth
01-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Artist Alley is going to be in the con. center this year? Then I have to do the walk of doom -.-..one of my best friends is gonna have a table in AA, so I'm gonna probably spend a good deal of time there :3

I'm very very bad at finding bargains anywhere..I'm just not gifted like that, I guess? lol..I guess if it's by the AA, I'll take a peek inside every now and then..

You're welcome~! XD yeah, if it was an accurate 18th century dress, that would be..just..hell. I want to take pictures of you, though, because I <3 pretty dresses..-eyes sparkle- I still want to see someone cosplay the model dress from Paradise Kiss (I've only seen a pic of one person doing it ;-;) that is a very pretty dress..-rolls away-
Well then, I think I'll probably bump into you at AA at some point over the weekend. Good deals are hard to find... I don't find them even every year, but once in awhile... I did find an artbook I had seen elsewhere for $40 as $25 my first year. Still love it.

Paradise Kiss has some great costume designs. Although not very easy to pull off.

OMG Bunnybeth I need to see the pic of your Rosalie.

If only I could take an extra weekend off work....
I'm still not 100% sure I can pull it off! Still trying to figure out: patterns on tons of fabric and lace, scalloped edges and giant curls. Still, I hope in my heart to get it all worked out!

Ajax96
03-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I might be able to go and if I do i'm going as Tetsuo again, but totally better cuz the arm isn't going to be crappy like at Reactor 04. Sweet!

Nikki
03-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Figured I'd drop in a post, I'm not sure what days I'll be dressing up as what --- but I've got Edward Elric and my Kingdom Hearts Unknown all set to go. I haven't seen any posts up about FMA gatherings or anything related to Kingdom Hearts. Photogatherings anyone? :)

keitaro849
04-19-2005, 08:03 AM
well now since i got no money... :lost: i'm going to get wasted, then hang out with my gf :heart: , then play guitar :skidude2: , then party, then go to every event i can find, then eat in the con suite :drink: , then go to my acen gaia get together on saturday, then i take pictures of some cosplayers, then wonder around and meet people, and try to find some evil way to make money

The-Real-Link
04-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Heya everyone. Now let's see if I can remember what I was going to say after reading all of these pages ^_~.

R1Kku - Cool that you're going! We'll have to meet up sometime to take pics n'stuff.

Soulcrash - You know I could have taken your pic when you were setting up camera equippment last year at the masq right? Actually I just saw you up on a platform and were way too far away :( This year I want to talk to you though. Your FFXI stuff rocks!

Maryssa - Have I met you before? I'd like a chance to meet another mod. You rock!

Bobbi, 321stars, Voltz, Heidi, and a lot of other people - It'll be cool to either meet / see you all again. Must get pictures!

Oh wait! Plans... I think if our group's plans stay unchanged then we're getting there Thursday and staying to atleast Sunday. Not sure about cosplaying on Thursday, but maybe I'll have time to do it. If anything it seems like this'll be but the 2nd time I can rotate through everything prop/costume-wise that I have. Just look for the Link... It'd be a miracle I could get anything else together in time, and so far I just plan to cosplay him for the whole con.

Voltz
04-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Hope to see you there too "TheRealLink", my other plans are to have fun and more fun. That's about it =)

o0marikit0o
04-24-2005, 12:23 AM
See you there guys! I will be in there mostly in the Artist Alley on Friday and SUnday, BUT, Saturday I will be running around in green spandex you CANNOT miss me! LOL. Voltz, Beth, Soul and everyone else, drop by my table Xn3ct Productions and say HI!

I plan to have this debut of my company as the best rockin con i have had yet. :heart: :jjacks:

CasualVillain
04-24-2005, 02:12 AM
I only have one plan for Acen this year and that's to have fun. Last year blew since my friends just wanted to stick around in the dealer's room. Not fun. :/

keitaro849
04-26-2005, 07:11 AM
See you there guys! I will be in there mostly in the Artist Alley on Friday and SUnday, BUT, Saturday I will be running around in green spandex you CANNOT miss me! LOL. Voltz, Beth, Soul and everyone else, drop by my table Xn3ct Productions and say HI!

I plan to have this debut of my company as the best rockin con i have had yet. :heart: :jjacks:

then i'll be freaked out and say oh my god what the hell?

R1KKu
04-26-2005, 07:55 AM
I only have one plan for Acen this year and that's to have fun. Last year blew since my friends just wanted to stick around in the dealer's room. Not fun. :/

Hah, there's nothing wrong with the dealers room. I usually walk back and forth from there to the Hyatt several times a day. It's good exercise and you get to see many different cosplayers along the way. ^.^

Marikit, I'll be sure to stop by at your table, And The-Real-Link, I'll be lookin for ya. And everyone else can kiss my...... no, Im just kidding. Ill try to stop and say hi, and request some photographic images. :bigtu:

keitaro849
04-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Hah, there's nothing wrong with the dealers room. I usually walk back and forth from there to the Hyatt several times a day. It's good exercise and you get to see many different cosplayers along the way. ^.^

Marikit, I'll be sure to stop by at your table, And The-Real-Link, I'll be lookin for ya. And everyone else can kiss my...... no, Im just kidding. Ill try to stop and say hi, and request some photographic images. :bigtu:

ya but when you run out of money its not as fun anymore

AngelSamui
04-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow, I'm always so late to check con forums. Silly school and theatre eating my brain and sanity. I feel for everyone who has ACen hit their exam week. I actually have an exam on that Friday I have to finish before I can head to Chicago. *sob*

But my costume list this year isn't anything spectacular.

-Bring back Umi Ryuuzaki's final armor (MKR)
-Most likely Blue from Wolf's Rain since it hasn't seen a con yet
-Princess Neptune if I can somehow have it done in time

Can't wait to see some of you there. ^_^

AllStarAlice
04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
I really thought that I had posted my costumes here, but I guess I didn't! >.<
Friday: Warrior Yuna along with Maryssa's Warrior Rikku <3 And Adora from Magna Carta later on.
Saturday: Seung Mina 1P from Soul Caliber 2.

Wheeeeeeeeeee only 16 days!

keitaro849
04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
i wanna take pictures of all the awesome cosplayers :)

Lady Morwen
04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Bah. Well I'm hopefully coming on Saturday but *sob weep!* Not in costume. :'(
It looked like I wasn't going for a long time and then I was just informed a few days ago I could probably go after all. So I'll probably be there, but no costume. *Sorrow!* I'll wear my oh-so-kick-arse Hellsing t-shirt that I have bought and modified from Hot Topic and whatnot. And I want to make an FFX Rikku scarf. I could probably make a very simple costume in the time before the con if I were better at sewing but it's ok, I'd rather go without costume than not go at all!

Speaking of which, I'm a lonely cosplayer and want to meet other cosplayers so I know them in the future. I wanted to meet new people at ASV this year, but was still too shy to talk to anyone. (I was the most Ghetto Seras ever with the red costume if anyone remembers). So I'll hopefully be there saying hi and seeing all the really spiffy costumes! ^_^

trekkieb47
04-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Friday - John Crichton from Farscape
Saturday - Roger Smith from Big O
Sunday - Hubb Lebowski from Wolf's Rain

Berry

CasualVillain
04-28-2005, 02:35 PM

It's not a bad thing, i'm just saying that's all they did on Saturday and then afterword had the nerve to complain that the con was boring. =_=;

Risako
04-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll be there, but of course I "love" cramming and have only started a little bit on my first costume. Anyways,
Saturday: Sailor Neptune
Sunday: Goodbye Natsuo Aya Matsuura (no one will recognize this one XD unless there are other jpop cosplayers there)

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Ack, ACen is creeping upon me..my cosplays have changed (again..) and (hopefully) will be as follows:

Temari from Naruto (first outfit) - Friday
Temari (newest outfit) - Saturday
Temari (first outfit in the Naruto Gekitou Ninjya Taisen! 3 variation) - Sunday
Custom Temari cosplay - Might not make it, but if it does, it's going to the Soap Bubble or the Pillows concert

I was just running around in my cosplay for Saturday, the fabric I used for it rawks my socks.. I'll be comfortable all ACen weekend, which is a good thing for me :D

Hikaruchan
04-29-2005, 02:45 AM
I was contacted about a Higuri You cosplay group - I didn't even know she had been announced as a guest so now I am trying to go.

Costumes most likely to bring
Cesare & Lucrezia (Higuri You cosplay)
Lady Oscar
Naraku
maybe artbook Nuriko or Miaka

And if can get a decently close hotel room
Inu-Papa

keitaro849
04-29-2005, 12:50 PM
It's not a bad thing, i'm just saying that's all they did on Saturday and then afterword had the nerve to complain that the con was boring. =_=;

there is a lot more stuff to do then going shopping all day like going to my get together on saturday.

Lady Morwen
04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
So who decides two weeks before the Con that they're going to make a Meryl costume after all and now can't get anyone to drive her to the fabric store?
*Sigh* 'Tis a cruel, cruel world it is.

SamuraiMujuru
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
I know this is a little early..but ACen '05 will be here before you know it! I'm planning to actually cosplay next year, I'll have my commission (Popstar Yuna) there for sure..and I might make my own cosplay and throw together a Witch Hunter Robin costume, and hopefully a Final Fantasy X-2 Thief Rikku..It's uber skin-showy, but I think it's so cute :3..In other words, more cosplaying for me!

Cosplay wise, Daisuke Jigen and Generic Samurai, much like I did last year. BEyond that, running around, hanging out with friends, karaoke, and all that fun stuff.

Lady Morwen
05-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Question! Does anyonne know what time the Masquerade is at? Thanks!

R1KKu
05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Question! Does anyonne know what time the Masquerade is at? Thanks!

Most likely Saturday night, I think its usually like 6 or 7, thats my guess. Factor in any delays though. The schedule should be up sometime this week I heard.

kyoushu
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
All weekend! : Newest Gaara

Awww yeah.

Lady Morwen
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks R1kku! ^_^

keitaro849
05-05-2005, 10:07 AM
the masquerade is the best part i think

Heidi
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Forgive the spam-nation, but I finally have my Celes costume done! :) I've uploaded a few quick pictures to my gallery, here: http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=17154&userid=16220

Evrdream
05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Final cosplay plans:

- Winry (casual version; FMA)
- Sasu-chan (original female version of Sasuke but not really in an SnJ way; Naruto)
- Fuu (Samurai Champloo)
- Blue (Wolf's Rain)

Lottie
05-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm just gonna be cosplaying as the Mad Hatter (Angel Sanctuary) on Friday night but I'm also bringing 2 Gothic Lolita outfits.

Who else is excited for the Anime Price is Right? *is prolly the only one T_T*

Nikolai
05-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Here are my ACen cosplay plans:

Thursday: Chuunin Shikamaru from Naruto
Friday: Ginji from GetBackers
Saturday: Ryuichi from Gravitation, Part 2 Shikamaru, and Chuunin Shikamaru
Sunday: Genin Shikamaru

Lady Morwen
05-12-2005, 06:40 AM
HELP! Quick query and v. important. I'm packing for ACEN tonight and will be leaving tomorrow. I'm staying at a friend's house tomorrow night and when we go to ACEN on Saturday, I need to take my overnight bag with me. Are there any lockers or anywhere I could store this stuff? Thanks so much!