PDA

View Full Version : best white face make-up

RikkuX
05-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I need to have a white face - a lot like the JRockers - so i'm asking if anyone knows of a good type/brand that looks good, doesn't take hours to peal off, and doesnt leave your skin blochy or anything nutty ^^

any help would be very very much apprieated ^_^ thank you!

JunJun
05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Ben Nye is professional theatre makeup; they make a white base. I haven't used it myself, but a lot of people i know swear by the stuff.
Here's a link to the cake makeup, which does include a white. http://www.ec-securehost.com/WouldYouBelieve/Ben_Nye_Cake_Foundations.html

Songstress_Yuna
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey, I was also looking for white make up. The thing Im worried about is it going to leave a rash or anything. I haven't got any rashes with make up, most of it is hyperallergenic(sp?), but is that white make up also? because I need it to be to, since I get rashes easily. It says it sensetive, do you know anymore about it?

RikkuX
05-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Thank you very much, Junjun ^_^

Genki Panda
05-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Depending on what level of whiteness you want depends on which Ben Nye product you would want.

I haven't tried cake yet... it's really expensive and we don't use it very often in the theatre at my school. So I can't really say how it works.

But there are two types of white makeup that I have tried and know work.

(Note: all are Ben Nye products if that wasn't clear ^_~)
White foundation. Doesn't give extreme white coverage. Some of your natural skin tone (depending on it's shade) will show through.

White face paint (specifically a style called "Clown White"). This stuff covers heavily. It'll give you a solid white face and comes off easily with cold cream or a makeup remover.

Also, if you're going to use Ben Nye makeup, use a moisterizer(sp?) before hand on your face (anywhere the makeup will touch basically). This will keep the makeup from getting into your pores and nasty facial blemishes from happening =D.

archangeli
05-31-2004, 12:29 AM
look at my photo gallery for my experiments with a cake makeup by Mehron (another theatrical makeup company). This one is virtually identical to the Ben Nye.

For heavy stage makeup I always use a makeup primer first. Smashbox makes a wonderful one :)