PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors for CNAnime 2004

Mekou
05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
<_< I thought a new thread about the topic should be posted since the old thread might have people confused as to when the group is now planned for. I hope you don't mind Ochika! ;.;

Yes, lets invade downtown Toronto garbed in ancient china-style costumes! XD wootness!!

We'll start the list from scratch just in case anyone has changed thier mind. ^^

Mekou-chan ~ Da Qiao

Yuna-X2
05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
<_< I thought a new thread about the topic should be posted since the old thread might have people confused as to when the group is now planned for. I hope you don't mind Ochika! ;.;

Yes, lets invade downtown Toronto garbed in ancient china-style costumes! XD wootness!!

We'll start the list from scratch just in case anyone has changed thier mind. ^^

CNAnime already?!? Lol, I'm one to talk, I was the one daydreaming at work today about what I should start making.

megumi_mitsukai
05-24-2004, 07:13 PM
eeee! ^___^ Dynasty Warriors! I would love to see some of the DW cosplayers at CNA. =O I would love to do Yue Ying, but I really have no idea how I would go about doing that, and honestly, I think it would look really bad ^^;;. I'm not that great at making costumes at the moment ._.

But yeah, I'm excited to see more DW cosplayers ^____^.

Mekou
05-24-2004, 07:13 PM
>> CNAnime already?!? Lol, I'm one to talk, I was the one daydreaming at work today about what I should start making.

lol! Well this was originally planned for AN but when was moved back to CNAnime. ^^ It's all in the old thread but I figure tht most people aren't reading it because they think "Hey, AN's past now so I don't have to bother reading this thread. It's too late to join"

Had I not been following the thread, I would be thinking that. ^^ This way it gives other people a chance to find out about it. =)

Ochika
05-24-2004, 07:17 PM
i did diao chan at an and wong most beautiful ^_^ and no im not mad mekou.. i was about to type it up anyway x.X seeing as it was MY idea XD. anyway im hopeing to get loads of dw chars, so far i think theirs like 11 people in the group and we're always glade to see more people join, and as for not knowing how to do it you can always ask me or perhaps mekou for sugestions and tips. and im hopeing to get a few more dynasty warriors sewing sleepovers happening. we had like 3 to try and get costumes for AN ^_^ v,, and dont worry about not thinking youd do i good job. iv only made like 4 costumes ( all really crappy) and i still managed to win most beautiful XD

megumi_mitsukai
05-24-2004, 07:32 PM
iv only made like 4 costumes ( all really crappy)

LIES, say! LIES! XDDD;;;

>__> Well actually, I've only seen your Diao Chan costume which was really pretty! (I stared at for quite some time thinking that it looked familiar then figured it was Diao Chan, but I wasn't able to get around to getting your picture because either you happened to be too far away or your were walking too fast and my sandals were hurting my feet and I was also too lazy to walk that far/fast so I just stared at the prettiness of it ^^... w00t. Run-on sentence ^^. I did manage to take a picture of it when you were in the masquerade but it didn't turn out too well T__T;.).

Hum hum. >_> I think I'm more concerned about the armor and the weapon Yue Ying has if anything ^^;. Then I can be concerned about the designs on the fabric XD;;.

Ochika
05-24-2004, 07:37 PM
i dont think her costume would be that dificult, maybe just that dragon pring on her leg things, but everything els is solvable, even the weapon. heh and thanks ofr the complemnts, i hated the top so much, i didnt the fabric painting the night before and it shows. and as for the masq i was supose to have my sun shang with me but she left feeling sick like 20 minutes before. but since half my costumes are already done for cna iv got time to help other dw coplsayers with their costumes, i could probly do the wepon or other parts for you if ya really wana join... and to top it off if you join my group in the maq you'll all be considered journymen XD go most beautiful award!

Mekou
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
You can always try designing a simpler version of the outfit. =) Still keeping the same basic design but making the fabric and armour more simple. I've had a bit of fun doing this for a couple characters..(Like Sun Ce!!!) Yes...you can tell I want someone to be Sun Ce. ;_;

And woot for run on sentences! I lost my breath just reading it! XD

oneas
05-24-2004, 08:20 PM
mommy! it's fridge!

mikcy
05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Zhen ji = me. I'm showing a lot of my back. XD Sexy ladehhh. I need to make my weapon. x.x; I want to finish it, so I can make the golds weeee The end. :heart:

Ochika
05-24-2004, 08:30 PM
right now im e-mailing CNA to see if their gona put in a skit contest..then we can do our full skit x.X

mikcy
05-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I hope so. O.o The skit contest would be good for us Yup

Mekou
05-24-2004, 09:04 PM
^^ Hm.there's a possibility I'll be with other people for the masq at CNA but..*shrugs* It's still too soon tosay for sure.

Ryukka
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Sun Shang Xiang pour moi~ XD

;-; We need a Lui Bei. I want my hubby. rawr.

mikcy
05-26-2004, 10:43 AM
*pokes thread* don't die again :(

Does anyone actually know how many people there are so far? XD

Mekou
05-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Hm..Let's see..

Mekou-chan ~ Da Qiao
Mekou's friend ~ Qiao Qiao
Ochika ~ Diao Chan
Scoti ~ Lu Bu
Ryuuka ~ Sun Shang Xiang
memisama ~ Zhen Ji

Those are the ones that were 100% /for sure/ gonna do DW cosplay. (at least that I can think of from the top of my head.)

We need more guys! =O

megumi_mitsukai
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
lol. I'm for sure gonna TRY to make the costume for Yue Ying. =)

Nagii
05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
I know for sure my friend is doing Jiang Wei and I'll be Yue Ying since I've already started with the staff and stuff hehe I'll be Megumi's clone or we can choose different costumes of Ying since she as 6 ^_^ -thinks about being the black one-

megumi_mitsukai
05-28-2004, 07:58 AM
ooo!!! Another Yue Ying! ^_______^!!! *t3h luv*!

Nagii
05-28-2004, 10:09 AM
ooo!!! Another Yue Ying! ^_______^!!! *t3h luv*!

I'll be your dark twin! -huggles-

Mekou
05-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Updating the list. =)

Mekou-chan ~ Da Qiao
Mekou's friend ~ Qiao Qiao
Ochika ~ Diao Chan
Scoti ~ Lu Bu
Ryukka ~ Sun Shang Xiang
memisama ~ Zhen Ji
megumi_mitsukai ~ Yue Ying
Nagii ~ Yue Ying (Dark Version)

^___^ I still say we need more guy characters! XD Come on men (and ladies)! Cosplay some guys! XD *prods with stick*

Nagii
05-28-2004, 03:17 PM
someone should do Simi Yi and Zhang He...yummy yaoiness

Ryukka
05-28-2004, 03:56 PM
I'll make a cardboard Lui Bei ;x; cardboard hubby, the perfect husband! XD

Mekou
05-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Omg! XD That's the best idea EVER, Ryukka! ^_____^ Hm...If I don't get someone to cosplay as Sun Ce and may steal it. =O buwahahahaha!!!

Ochika
05-28-2004, 08:25 PM
bwahaha i get my husband e_e bwahaha *snuggles scoti* wub my Bu Bu man meat ^_^

Nagii
05-28-2004, 09:43 PM
O.o;; cardboard Zhuge Liang...Hehe! Cardboard hubbies will be so much fun..we can have them rage war on each other o.O;;;

Ochika
05-28-2004, 10:07 PM
LMAO XD yes you must, then i must get lu bu to beat them all to the ground e_e all hail Bu Bu Bear!

megumi_mitsukai
05-29-2004, 01:33 AM
XD;;;;. Cardboard hubbies rule all! ^o^v

mikcy
05-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Someone make a paper doll hubbie. A nekkid one so you can make paper clothes. :D

O.o;;; don't ask. It's 2:47am leave me alone XD

I DEMAND YOU ALL GET WORKING NOW *cracks whip*

<.< >.> Exclude that fact I haven't worked on Zhen Ji all week. *shushes and runs*

Ryukka
05-29-2004, 03:51 PM
....I love you XD human size cardboard paper doll hubbies w00t <3

Suns 70% done so HAH TO YOU. Yes, get cracking on that Zhen ji... or I'll be forced to feed you to my Millia wig O_o; that thing is evvvilllllll *runs*

Ochika
05-29-2004, 04:37 PM
omg omg omg, i was walking in toronto today and it was sooo packed with people, and the whole time im walking im thinking of what reaction a group of people dressed in ancient chinese grab would get...... so im thinking at cna we all go walk around toronto and do lil photoshoots at random locations >_>?? anyone up for that

Mekou
05-29-2004, 04:46 PM
As long as I'll be available for it, then sure! ^__^\\// (ie, if I don't have anything I need to be at the con for..)

I hope we don't plan on venturing very far thugh. o.o;;

Nagii
05-29-2004, 05:17 PM
they might call the cops..saying there were a group of crazy people stuck in the future o.O;;

Ochika
05-29-2004, 05:47 PM
well more like the past >_>. but i mean there's a pretty lil fountain thingy on young street ( i think its there) or around there and it was so pretty and i thought it would be a nice place. and maybe go to spadina XD

Scoti
05-29-2004, 06:56 PM
lol hey maybe you'll get free stuff on spadina for proudly displaying historical figures!....sort of

Ochika: I think I know what your talking about but I think that fountain is on Queen

Mekou
05-29-2004, 07:43 PM
That would be funny actually. XD We're walking along minding our own business then someone comes up to us and gives us..stuff. o.0 lol!

Ochika
05-29-2004, 08:47 PM
i thinks its around queen and young but i dont know, the street didnt have a sighn on it even though its a main road >_> but YES! he need to take 45 minutes out of con time and strut up young, along queens, and to spadina XD and then take the street cars back XD

Nagii
05-29-2004, 09:38 PM
People stuck in the Future from the Past...does that sound better?

Ochika
05-29-2004, 09:41 PM
ahh... im confused now...YOU MADE ME USE MY BRAIN *cries*

Nagii
05-29-2004, 10:38 PM
O_O;;;; Ochika....are you gonna die....?

Ochika
05-29-2004, 11:26 PM
no ;~; just over stimulation of my cranium cause headaches... AHH BIG WORDS COMMING FROM MY LIPSSSSSSS

megumi_mitsukai
05-30-2004, 12:16 PM
XD;;;;

I wouldn't mind going around random places and taking photos XD;. Scaring normals is fun ^^. The fountain place sounds pretty =).

Ochika
05-30-2004, 01:49 PM
theres also that lil park on spadina its all pretty too. but we have to for sure go down to spadina and strut around there, and its always so busy so we'll get lot of attention, but we gotta be carefull incase people in the group have fragile stuff

Nagii
05-30-2004, 09:35 PM
what if someone is stupid enough to rob us?

Ochika
05-30-2004, 09:50 PM
lol, we're gona be walking around with weapons XD i dont think people are that stupied... ancient chinese MOB!!

Nagii
05-31-2004, 06:50 PM
lol
XD;;

Ryukka
05-31-2004, 09:10 PM
The thing is with large props (such as their weapons) might consern security gaurds/police while out in public places...so I wouldn't sugest taking them with you. I know some people have been harrassed by them before about props before they went to a convention because they didn't have it covered. The main concern being it possably alarming to anyone whos walking around the area...so yeah O_o;

megumi_mitsukai
06-01-2004, 02:05 AM
^^;;;

By the way, I was wondering if anyone had pictures of either Yue Ying's weapon... any version is fine at the moment, lol. x.X; I'm having trouble finding good pics of it where I can see the detail and stuff ^^. Or the basic shape for that matter.

Or the dragon design at the side of her leg things XD;.

Thanks a bunch =O!.

Nagii
06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Me know -jumps up and down- http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=profiles.shu.yue_ying the links below

megumi_mitsukai
06-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Ahh! Thanks a lot~! ^_^

Nagii
06-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Your Welcome! ^_______________________^

megumi_mitsukai
06-07-2004, 10:20 PM
XD How's everyone's costume doing? ^^? Has everybody started their's yet? XD Megu hasn't... she still has school so all she can do is plan for it ^^;;;;.

mikcy
06-07-2004, 10:34 PM
The basic outfit of mine is cut out and needs to be sewn. I can't work on it till after exams aka next week. X.x

Scoti
06-08-2004, 07:47 AM
I've started cutting out all the clothing under Lu Bu's armor. Right now I'm experimenting making the armor and i have no idea how I'm going to make the dragon heads yet...But I always figure out something in the end...

Squall1882
06-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey guys I think I finally decided on doing a Gan Ning costume.. lol.. too many people to choose from..

Scoti
06-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Gan Ning! are you planning on doing all the body art?

Squall1882
06-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah... the body paint I'm not sure of.. I want to, but it depends on how much money my "big project" costume drains me of.. so basically on my financial situation.. Oh.. plus I'm doing the Dynasty Warriors 4 version, with the shirt so a lot will be covered.

Mekou
06-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Woo Gan Ning! =D I'm sure you're gonna look awesome! ^.^

Scoti - I saw a japanese Dynasty Warriors cosplay site where a Lu Bu cosplayers simply drew on the lion heads. It looks a LOT better than you might think. From certain angles it looks like it was 3D anyway. It's jsut a suggestion thought. Just in case it gets to a week befoe the con and you still haven't figured anything out. XD

After next week I'll be able to go and buy the fabric I need. I wanna try making her outfit as accurate as possible and I will even dye fabric. (I will be gradient dying the sleeves anyway. ^_^). There's only a few things I have yet to figure out but I know I will eventually. =D

Can't wait to see everyone's costumes now! *.* It's gonna be so awesome!

mikcy
06-08-2004, 02:39 PM
<.< >.>

I'm considering making a male character too. Mainly someone from Wu because I have some red fabric, sooo ya. ;D Many people from Wu are taken though and I have no idea which versions. x.x;

Hmmm who could I bug to wear DW4 Zhen Ji...*thinks* I might have to do someone else anyway because I think I lost my zhen ji patterns :waaaah: If I don't find them, I'll die. ;_;

Ryukka
06-11-2004, 07:16 PM
XD ahaha Lui Bei's so unloved. Poor hubby.

erm.. I'm lazy and haven't done anything to Sun since where she was at for AN @_@; someone hit me XD

Ochika
06-11-2004, 08:19 PM
*whacks ryukka with a paper fan....sanzo style*
that help??

megumi_mitsukai
06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
ooo!!!! Paper fan! *steals* =O!

By the way, how do you gradient dye? o.O;;;; I haven't done that before ^^;;. And I need to do that for the sleeves as well =O.

mikcy
06-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Minako taught me how, but I forget where I put the instructions. It's really simple though. It's something like dipping how much you want to be dyed for 30 minutes straight and moving around the fabric piece for 30 minutes. It's annoying, but I end up always watching X/1999 for some reason to pass the time. XD Then I think you hang it so it drips down then let it dry. I forget. XD Something like that. Yeah, just test it out a few times.

For Zhen Ji, I can't start on her till Daishi and Shinya are done. X.x; I'll finish it in time don't worry. :P

megumi_mitsukai
06-11-2004, 09:52 PM
=O!!! Did somebody say SHINYA?!!!!!!111one11!!! XD

ooo... must learn how to gradient dye =O. Time consuming I see o.O;;;;.

mikcy
06-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Is anyone making Da Qiao DW4?

=O!!! Did somebody say SHINYA?!!!!!!111one11!!! XD

Yes. Yes I did. :D

Mekou
06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm making Da Qiao from DW4. ^^;;

mikcy
06-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Zhen Ji.. I lost the patterns, so.. ;_______; :waaaah: I rather not make it allll over again. ;_; Sooo much work. I'm trying to think of another character in which I can use the fabric I have... Zhang He Dw4? I think that's taken though.. *curls up into a ball*

Ochika
06-13-2004, 02:01 PM
no ones doing him >_> if ya wana, and sorry about losing your patters ;_; but if ya do a guy char it wont be all girls for the masqurade skit...that is if your gona be in it

mikcy
06-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I found some of the collar randomly, but I need all the other pieces. >.< I think mom threw them out >=( She was cleaning the basement not too long ago and she tends to throw out the tissue paper I use. KPODSFK PLEASE NO. I have all of Zhen Ji that I've done spread out on my bed and it's so pretty. >.> *goes to find patterns* Oh come out come out where you are....

Mekou
06-13-2004, 03:06 PM
I really hope you find your pattern. ^_^ You'd make a pretty Zhen Ji. <3

Squall1882
06-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Lol.. so I've had a little bit of luck making my Gan Ning costume (DW4).. the hard part is finding the right fabrics to make it out of.. lol.. and the pants fabric is really givin me a hard time.. I can't find it anywhere.. I've tried Queen Street, various FabricLands and BouClaire's.. anyone have any suggestions?

Mekou
06-13-2004, 04:17 PM
I think your best bet (for accuracy) would be to buy a fabric to be the base colours, then dye it.

Personally I think something that is the closest colour, even if solid, would still looks great. ^_^

Ochika
06-13-2004, 04:17 PM
id go with a dark blood red velvet type material, you can get an immitation velvet type thing ( i got some for my friend guan yu costume) and its really nice, good for making that shinny two tone type look]

mikcy
06-13-2004, 05:01 PM
velvelt = a lot O.O but worth every penny<3333

>.> still looking. I might just do Zhang he, but I won't say anything yet because I will check one more time around here and at my dad's house. Ah, just for fun... how would one make those little thingys on his hand and the purpleness on his shoulderchestneck?

http://www.yueying.net/dw/index.php?pid=koushiki/ssm3/zhang_he2.jpg

Ochika
06-13-2004, 05:21 PM
well the claws can be dont with rake spike things and the shoulders would be purple with gold lining stuff

Mekou
06-13-2004, 07:20 PM
His "hand thingies" XD can be made with some craft foam (for a strong yet flexible base form, cardboard (for the claws =3), some paint (acyrlic would be best), and probably a few things you may find around the house. ^_^;

I'm not entirely sure how to make the armour but I'm sure that if you wish to know, you could post a thread in the VG cosplay forum and peopel will give you helpful tips. =D

Ochika
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
look at my new signature XD VVVVVVVVVVV sexy!

Mekou
06-13-2004, 08:01 PM
You can't use angelfire for pics. ^^ Use www.photobucket.com it works great. =D

Ochika
06-13-2004, 08:15 PM
does it work now?

Mekou
06-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Yup yup! X3 Teehee it's so cute!!! XD *pokes Caocao*

megumi_mitsukai
06-14-2004, 11:51 PM
eeee! Chibis ^o^!

Memiiii... which Shinya outfit are you doing? My friend and I *WILL HUNT YOU DOWN*. ^___^;;;;;.

err... back on topic... errr.... I like... swords? o.O;

mikcy
06-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Cage Shinya XD

<.< >.> Yess. I like swords too.

I'm still hunting it down. I will look one more day on Wednesday when I'm at my dad's. If I can't find it, I will start making Zhang He. *pets Zhen Ji* I looked for armor tutor. and stuff and um it's easier than I thought O.O

Squall1882
06-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah!! My extra hunting payed off!! I went to Fabricland in Scarborough and found the last bits of fabric I needed for my Gan Ning costume!! Wow.. almost everything is 40% or more off there right now.. all the way to the end of the month!! Good time to stock up!

**On a side note my GF got all the fabric to make a Lulu costume (the main dress) for a whole $17.50!! ha ha ha

mikcy
06-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Zhang He. Yup. That's me. I can't wait to make the armor. First time ever XD Fear my claws. :)

megumi_mitsukai
06-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Zhang He. Yup. That's me. I can't wait to make the armor. First time ever XD Fear my claws. :)

I would love to see how the claws turn out =). You should go around saying "Shall we dance?" XD; Or dance around the con ^__^!

Ryukka
06-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Dancing...haha...DW Can-can line o_o;;;

...I shouldn't be up at 11 at night functioning on 2 hours of sleep when I have an early exam the next day...does things to my head XDD

mikcy
06-21-2004, 12:08 AM
I would love to see how the claws turn out =). You should go around saying "Shall we dance?" XD; Or dance around the con ^__^!

Omg. I will so do that. XD

megumi_mitsukai
06-29-2004, 12:29 AM
bump ^^

*and attacks anyone passing by* o.o;;;

DW4!!! *still hasn't started her costume... and hits herself with a brick* XD!!!

mikcy
06-29-2004, 12:51 AM
sodpfksa I can't start till after Otakon and yes I will have it done, but AHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO START IT. I just know Zhang He will be my favourite outfit for a long time. I'm going to go fabric shopping on Wednesday if fabric Land is still having the sale. I can't wait to make the armor. I'm trying to finish Shinya and Daishi, so I can start it. XD The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the painting.

There's no love for the beautiful people. XD

Mekou
06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Horrah for beautiful people! XD

For the past couple of days I've been browsing through various japanese sites with DW cosplay..it's a great inspiration! =D I can't wait to start it now *___*

Can't wait do do the skit too XD It's hilarious!

mikcy
06-29-2004, 01:06 AM
I love the skit. XD

megumi_mitsukai
06-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Nyo~ What is the skit gonna be about? o.o;

Ochika
06-29-2004, 11:44 AM
add me to mesanger or aim and ill send it to you >.> Little_elf_girl@hotmail.com or Rien Shiana (aim)

Ryukka
06-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Zhang He has the best lines XD

mikcy
06-30-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm guessing I can't wear my claws on stage can I? YOu know.. because of the mirror part.

Mekou
06-30-2004, 12:59 AM
If you could figure out a way to do the mirror part with the claws I'm sure you could keep them on for the masq. XD

I must practice falling to the floor and getting up realyl quickly /without/ my skirt flying up. o__o; oh joy...XD

mikcy
06-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Well, the falling part wouldn't work with the claws either because I have to fall and make sure I don't hurt my armor on my shoulders which means I'd have to fall over using my hands. jiasjd damn. I'll just wear them around the whole day then give them to my friend to look after. She'd love that. XD

megumi_mitsukai
07-01-2004, 12:58 AM
XD Thanks Ochika for the script! <3 <3 ^^

Bweee... maybe you can take off the claws during the mirror part of something? o.O;;; Zhang He isn't the same without his claws x.X;;; ^__^;;

O_O;;;

:dance:

Mekou
07-01-2004, 03:47 AM
I love the script so much...XD We should have some BG music from the game playing under our voices. X3

mikcy
07-01-2004, 03:51 AM
I was thinking maybe we could add something in where I can be like Hold this love ^_^ *hands claws* Hahah maybe I can be like *bends over and winks and puts claws on the ground*

..PLEASE NO O.O;

Though, it'd work because I can fall over beside my claws, but nooo I will not do that. XD

megumi_mitsukai
07-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Ahahaha. Awake at 5 AM, eh peoples? XD!!

*imagines Memi doing that and falls over* XD!

Nyo~~ BG music would be a good ideaaaa ^^. Although which one would be good? o.O;

Mekou
07-01-2004, 04:24 AM
How about Lu Bu's theme? XD

Ochika
07-02-2004, 03:42 PM
lmao XD that would be perfect

megumi_mitsukai
07-07-2004, 03:59 AM
nyo~~ random question: When are you going to record the skit? (well... obviously not in this month XD)

Alsoooo... Megu's having trouble figuring out how she'll do the leg... thing o.O;; the skirt. Have any advice for meh? T___T;;;

mikcy
07-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I was thinking. Are we going to have a DW photo shoot AFTER cna because lot's of people tend to forget things or won't be done for CNA. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Ochika
07-12-2004, 10:46 PM
i guess that can be arranged....

and as for recording the skit...ummm >.> i will have to put a date together to get all the actors together and stuff

Mekou
07-12-2004, 10:59 PM
It'll have to be the very next weekend after CNA then since I know I'll be busy getting ready to go back to school after CNA. x.x;;

mikcy
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah, we need to practice and I think the week after would be the best time for the photoshoot if it happens.

Heyyy since I'm here. It's time for moi to ask a question. Two infact. One being, what should I make the claws out of? I mean, I have foam, but what about the um.. actual claws? XD The other one is, what would be the best way to make the under clothes for Zhang He? Just buy a brown body suit? My dad thinks it's just black and in the game it looks black top brown bottom, but I'm weird like that. XP Anyway, should I just buy a bodysuit? Like a Spandex or a polyester type? I'm not really sure if it should be a bodysuit anyway. *shrugs and runs off*

Ochika
07-14-2004, 08:25 PM
lol. well you could make the claws out of rake spikes >.> and as for the body suit. its definatly brown >.>

Mekou
07-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Keep in mind that it shouldn't be made out of something that would actually /hurt/ people (aka the rake spikes. x.x) I suppose I mean anything non pointy, sharp or metal.

Ryukka
07-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Use craft foam for the spikes and spray paint them, light and cheap *nodnod*

Ochika
07-14-2004, 11:30 PM
pssh screw you XP i say rake SPIKES!!! HAZAAAA HAVE-AT-YOU, onguard XD

Mekou
07-15-2004, 12:41 AM
XP Ho ho ho

I suppose rake spikes would be okay so long as they're the plastic kind...so HA! XD

Next week...will start on Da Qiao! O__O; Fan...I'm thinking of making them myself but >_< blarg I dunno if i can make 4 big fans plus 2 intricate(sp?) costumes before CNA. -.-

Ochika
07-15-2004, 12:47 AM
go to the dollar store and get those plactic rakes. and paint them silver >.>

Ryukka
07-17-2004, 01:10 AM
You'll still get in trouble if its plastic o_o;

Nagii
07-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey how is everyone doing their armor?

SimiHe
07-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey you guys got a Simi Yi yet or Zhuge Liang?

megumi_mitsukai
07-24-2004, 03:28 AM
I think most of us are using craft foam for the armor o.o; Not sure. I know I am XD. And I don't think we have a Sima Yi or a Zhuge Liang yet =)

Nagii
07-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh ok, I think i'm gonna gather ideas, put them in a hat and pull one out and that will be my armor choice.

Ochika
07-24-2004, 08:04 PM
nah we dont have either of them >.> so you can do them if you wish >.> oki needs to redo her diaos wig, shoes, and accesories

Ryukka
07-25-2004, 02:20 AM
*still has work to do too, but is lazy xD* It WILL be done though O_o; not that much stuff left now... I actually worked on Sun for a bit today :D~

Ochika
07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
OMG XP its an act of god!!! you actually worked on it. tehehe. but i should do the same and redoe stuff on diao that got distroyed on the way home from AN v_v le sigh

Ryukka
07-25-2004, 02:05 PM
O_o How did you manage to do that?

Ochika
07-25-2004, 02:22 PM
all the foam stuff i have riped and blah, gona re do it with sheet metal >.>

SimiHe
07-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Hmm.. I think I'll be Simi Yi, Yuush I think I will do that.

Ochika
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
heres just a little curiouse question...how many people have actally started their costumes?? XP

Schubuttercup
07-27-2004, 10:02 PM
I want to do..umm..Ooooh... I want to do Zhou Yu!

PS- SIMIHE I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!

Ochika
07-28-2004, 10:35 AM
teheheh best signature EVER ^_^v

megumi_mitsukai
07-28-2004, 11:23 AM
*squeals at the siggie* =D

Megu did not start her costumes =D.
._. I need fabric *paws at her mother to give her a ride to the mall*

Ochika
07-28-2004, 11:27 AM
bad megumi *spanks* walk you lazy arse to the mall XP

Squall1882
07-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I bought all the stuff to make a Gan Ning cosutme (DW4) a while ago, but am having trouble managing my time to make it (*~*)' lol.. I just have to get through the 3 I've already started first... aghhh!! the 27th is creeping up on me!!

Schubuttercup
07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
I HAVE HAVE COMPLETED ZHOU YU'S SWORD! -bows-

;-;

I have no life....lots of time on my hands.

Nagii
07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Not to shabby, Schu

megumi_mitsukai
07-31-2004, 12:00 AM
bad megumi *spanks* walk you lazy arse to the mall XP

XD!!!

... only problem is that i'll probably take me hours to get to the mall which sells fabric... o.o;;;;;;;;;

shoo yeah XD. My mom's taking me tommorrow, so yay! ^___^

Talking about swords, I still have no idea how I'm going to make my staff thing. Never did props before. XD Yesh. Have to figure it out somehow o.o;;;.

*paws Schu's sword* =O

Nagii
07-31-2004, 10:25 AM
I made my staff with half of a boomstick, Paper Mashe and Cardboard for thetop design, I still need to paint it and get feathers.

Hmm.. I just got the dress completed, I'm working on my armor now.

megumi_mitsukai
08-01-2004, 02:26 AM
^__^ Thanks for the idea/suggestion, Nagii. <3

Just got my fabrics today ^^! Yay. Err... not as nice of material I would have liked, but good enough. XD *dies of lack of mon3h* Haven't started sewing yet though. =D Had to clean my room first so I could reach my sewing machine XD!!!

How's everyone else doing with their costumes? =)

Ochika
08-01-2004, 12:01 PM
i was done my costume at AN. iv just gotta redo the lil bit of armour diao has. redo my hair extension part.....and as for Guan Yu *which im making for my friend* iv got alot to do, unfortunatly i found material that just wont bleach...so the gradiant is gona be difficult and i gotta make the damn beard v_v

Squall1882
08-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Does anyone have any advice on how to make / where to get Gan Ning's bells? I was thinkin of papier macheeing some balloons, letting it dry, then poping them... but that won't give me a nice circle.. any other idea's?? Or am I gonna have to just use those foam balls and paint and modify them? Arigato!!

Ryukka
08-02-2004, 09:00 PM
MWAHA one pant leg is painted O_o;;;

Ochika
08-02-2004, 09:15 PM
*claps* good job

Mekou
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
I've been thinking..I dunno if I can get Da Qia done on time for CNA simply because a lot of the material I need to make it look good is unavailable for the season. <_< I'll try my hardest to get it done, but I'm not going to make it hafl-assed just to do so. >_>

Don't kill me Ochika. ;.;

Ochika
08-02-2004, 11:49 PM
i got too many people to kill as it is v_v ill ahve to give you a number

Mekou
08-03-2004, 01:01 AM
hey, i haven't no for sure yet. I still have time to go an dlook for stuff but lately I haven't been having any luck. <_< Bless me with the retared fairy dust! =D

Ochika
08-03-2004, 01:30 AM
*throaws dustin in her eyes* dahhh i dress myself <_>

Schubuttercup
08-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Hairband and his white robe!

megumi_mitsukai
08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Hee. Cute sig Ochika =)

Ochika
08-04-2004, 11:41 PM
teheh i need to get a pic og Lu Bu plushie up XD in his sexy Bikini

Nagii
08-05-2004, 11:30 PM
-has a Lu Bu plushie- My mother made me plushie kingdoms. I have all 42 characters and everyone month I change the kingdom on my bed. I have all the Wu guys on my pillow right now.

megumi_mitsukai
08-15-2004, 12:12 AM
^__^ That's cute~~~. *attacks your plushies* ^_____________^

Ochika
08-16-2004, 09:04 PM
neee. well people looks like our masq idea has gone downt the drain cause all the important people have decided not to do the costumes anymore x.x so if people were gona be in our skit...you'll have to either go on alone or group up with others. iv already worn diao-chan in a masq and won so i wana wear another costume >.> unless perhaps someone els has an idea for a skit

megumi_mitsukai
08-17-2004, 08:09 AM
neee. well people looks like our masq idea has gone downt the drain cause all the important people have decided not to do the costumes anymore x.x so if people were gona be in our skit...you'll have to either go on alone or group up with others. iv already worn diao-chan in a masq and won so i wana wear another costume >.> unless perhaps someone els has an idea for a skit

T__________T

meep ._. shoo who *is* doing their costume now?
are you guys all wearing it on saturday? =D

Ochika
08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Im wearing mine on sat. and i do balive we still got sun and perhaps some others, but i havent heard from people in the group for a while so i dun know whats going on =\. but ya im still wearing mine sat

Nagii
08-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm wearing my Yue Ying Sat Morning/Afternoon half and my Guo Jia Sat Rest of Afternoon and evening maybe do the same thing on Sun or Fri

SimiHe
08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
It doesn't matter to me since I'm still cosplaying Sima Yi, I wasn't in the skit to begin with.

Nagii
08-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Wanna make a skit, Simi?

Ochika
08-18-2004, 09:20 PM
if your gona make a skit you can count me in on it >.>

Killmesarah
08-19-2004, 10:50 PM
When you guys pick a time/place for your meeting/photoshoot, let me know so I can add it to the master list! ONEGAI!!!

Sarah-san

megumi_mitsukai
08-20-2004, 05:36 PM
^__^ Oh yes! When do you guys want to do the photoshoot thing =OOO. Or do you guys just want to hang out together, lol. XD Perferably Saturday Afternoon o_O; Since Nagii is wearing her's the morning and afternoon ^^. And most people are dead in the morning anyway XD.

Ochika
08-20-2004, 06:08 PM
ummmmm how about 1ish? cause right afterwards i gotta go spend an hour getting into me masq costume >.> freaken half an hour worth of painting spots x.x

Schubuttercup
08-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah that sounds good. I can't wait to see all the costumes ^^;

Killmesarah
08-20-2004, 08:45 PM
So.... Saturday at 1pm??? I will add y'all to the masta list.

S-san

megumi_mitsukai
08-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Yay! 1PM is fine with me ^___^. I'll be there! ... if I get more of my costume done o_O;;

Shoooo~~~ o_O I think our list of DW cosplayers issssss...

Ochika - Diao Chan
Schu - Zhou Yu
SimiHe - Sima Yi
Nagii - Dark Yue Ying
Megumi - Default Yue Ying

I'm not sure about anyone else like Squall1882, Memi, Mekou or Ryuuka o_O;. I'm assuming Ryuuka should be fine since she got most of hers done before Anime North. XD

Mekou
08-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Nyah..^^ I'm not Da Qiao anymore. ;~; But I'll probably stalk the photoshoot and take piccies. ^.^

Ryukka
08-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Yesss, I'm fine with getting it done, but I don't know if I can still wear it to the photoshoot o_o since I'm busy at that timeeeee XD;;;;;

megumi_mitsukai
08-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Nuuuu~~ T___T;
*clones Ryukka* ^__^ There we go! =DD

Awww... no Da Qiao T_T

Ryukka
08-25-2004, 03:43 PM
xD;;; Sorrrry, if I see dw people walking around I'll harrass you with a mini photoshoot with me haha. ;_; I refuse to miss the Tofu Records thing. *licks* CDs~~~~

megumi_mitsukai
08-29-2004, 10:48 PM
*paws random people* ^_^
Nyo~~ I'm sad because I missed some of your costumes T_T. Ochika, Ryuuka and I found each other (although Ochika, myself and some of Ochika's friends ran around to find Ryuuka XD) but we couldn't find anyone else T_T. I know Schu and Nagii were around somewhere because of one of Schu's recent posts XD. But we didn't find you unfortunately T__T;. So we actually just sat there near one of the escalators hoping you guys would pass by XD. I couldn't find you guys around 1 PM either o_O;. I think I'm blind XD. But yes, I would love to see your costumes <3. Post a picture if when you get one, ne? =) Please?

Ryuuka, Ochika and I are at the front of the group in this picture:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v227/lilac_neko/?action=view&current=268.jpg

o_O I also think I saw a Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao wandering around.
I'm not completely familiar with the costume design for those two, but there's the picture I took. XD
http://photobucket.com/albums/v174/ashiori/CN%20Anime%202004/?action=view&current=113_1338.jpg

Ryukka
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I saw the Qiao's after I had gotten changed xD;

Schubuttercup
08-29-2004, 11:06 PM
somewhere because of one of Schu's recent posts XD. But we didn't find you unfortunately T__T;. So we actually just sat there near one of the escalators hoping you guys would pass by XD. I couldn't find you guys around 1 PM either o_O;. I think I'm blind XD. But yes, I would love to see your costumes <3. Post a picture if when you get one, ne? =) Please?

SUMIMASU!!!!!!

We were looking everywhere, until food nearly done us in. I didn't fine Nagii until 5pm Fri! And I will post picy's as soon as the last 7 pictures are gone, then we will take it in to get delevoped. I really wanted you guys to be at my mini b-day party in teh convention centre -.-;;;

Hey did anyone see a really hot Japanese male dressed as Jiang Wei!? I smashed into a pole while walking and staring x.x;;;

megumi_mitsukai
08-29-2004, 11:21 PM
XD! Lol. I didn't see the Jiang Wei T_T. I actually don't remember at all how he looks like. XD So I probably wouldn't be able to reconize him. I don't use Jiang Wei that much in the game XD or notice him much o_O;. The Qiao's a reconized a bit easier since I've used them a bunch of times. And their costume design is a bit more reconizable. ^^;

Wow! A B-day! My friend also had a b-day during the weekend O___O. Her's was on Saturday and my friends circled her and sang happy birthday in the lobby. I was too lazy to stand up because my feet hurt XD. But yes, happy belated birthday! =D

I suppose you guys didn't see Sima Yi wandering around? T__T

Random: UTADA!

Schubuttercup
08-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Hehe, Nope I didn't see Sima Yi (SimiHe) he might of been there and we missed her, but I never met up with him. Too bad you can't send cake through the mail. I still have a bunch left over, cause they had to go for the supersized b-day cake and I would send you guys some ^^; -gives a virtual cake slice instead- will this make up for it?

-gives a Utada plushie-

SimiHe
08-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Gah I was there on Sunday. I was surpose to be all week by my parents wanted to go to Wonderland for my sister's b-day on Sat so ;-; but I was there in Sima Yi..to bad I missed everyone.

Nagii
08-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Iya! You stole my staffie, Schu x.x; Well anyways,I saw Ryu and Och during AN but didn't see them at CN o.o; ;-;

Schubuttercup
09-01-2004, 06:51 PM
SIMIHE! We looked everywhere for you! Um yeah I do. I'll bring it to GCAF for you.

megumi_mitsukai
09-01-2004, 08:07 PM
fweee~~ anyone up for rewearing costumes for Anime North? lol. XD I know i'm going to since I still have to actually complete my costume >_>;. Since it still looks like junk ^^;. I have to figure out where to get dye for my sleeves ^^;. Fweee~~ et le such.

Simiii~~ I missed you on Sunday T___T.

Yay! Virtual cake! *Eats* =D!

Schubuttercup
09-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I am wearing my Zhou Yu as well as my Mitsuhide, Hikaru and Yazoo cosplays to GCAF and AN 2005. ^_^

-squeek- Megumi..almost bit my hand off o_O;

megumi_mitsukai
09-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Buhahahaha XD. ^_^ Virtual cake is yummy ^O^.

;alkfl;dkfl;dkf;lkadf. MITSUHIDE. =O

I should do a SW costume too. For the heck of it. XD I want to do that parasol lady. Even though I haven't unlocked her yet. But, she has a PARASOL! A pretty one! And she kills people with it! Or Ranmaru Mori, even though I still have no friggin idea what gender he/she is. XD But yes, PARASOL LADY! =D

*attacks your Hikki costume* =D
KITTEH EARS! ^_____________________^
... I want to do her Sakura Drops (the PV) costume ._.; Shoo pretty.

SimiHe
09-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Ahhhh! -watches Hikki cosplay run in fear of attack- Oh my ^^;;;

Ranmaru is my yaoi pet

Ochika
09-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Ranmaru, also known as war whore, cause everyone seem to wana touch his face and get him into bed XP

SimiHe
09-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I agree..I thought something was happening there

Ochika
09-03-2004, 09:30 PM
*snickers* i have MANY stories to go with SW chars.....you just gotta sleep over and play SW till 5 int he morning to hear them all XD *snickers at Scoti* i seeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuu *bang bang*

SimiHe
09-03-2004, 09:36 PM
LMAO! Koei must have Yaoi lovers in their company o.o

Ochika
09-03-2004, 09:39 PM
speaking of SW...im gona go play it >.>

Nagii
09-03-2004, 11:05 PM
SW will never be as good as Dw ^^

megumi_mitsukai
09-04-2004, 12:50 AM
XD!

DW doesn't have monks that say funny things when they die ^________^.
... but then again, I haven't played anything before the 4th one. XD

I would like to announce that Oichi officially amuses me.

I really feel like doing a Samurai warriors costume for AN now o.o;;;;;;;.
Lyke SW vs. DW photoshoot! =OOO
Fans vs. crazy ball thing on string attached to a wooden hammer thing

XD shush. I forget what it's called.

... o_O; we should make a new thread soon, or people will be confused for when it's for. XD

Nagii
09-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Sw = No like.

Not enough characters, costumes sucked and Kouichi e.e she annoyed the world out of me. But anyways, maybe we should o.o

Schubuttercup
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
It's all good, Nags.

jiyoon
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
@ _@ I didn't even realize there was already a thread up for DW cosplayers before I started the other one...

I'm going as Da Qiao from DW4....

does anyone have pictures from the DW5 version of all the characters?