PDA

View Full Version : so is anyone going to enter the masq anymore?

Yui
05-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Due to the new schedule (http://pacific-media-expo.com/pmx/events/schedule.html), the masquerade is now slotted during the Sunday Psycho concert.
So it's lots and lots of cash prizes v.s. continuing PLC supporting.
Tough call.

I think several of us are pulling out of the masq now, tho. Is anyone still entering? Or coming to watch?

Saeru
05-25-2004, 12:01 AM
I'd really like to enter the masquerade, but...I don't want to abandon my friends that are going to the concert, either. GAH. Why did they do this? e.e I was really looking forward to that masquerade. *is going to have to re-evaluate things*

hello kenney
05-25-2004, 12:02 AM
plc is playing two concerts- so you can support them one day and go to the masq the other day.

problem solved.

Yui
05-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Well, except if you already have vip tickets one day and skitmates with backstage passes the next. Plus, a good portion of people were coming for PLC, and the masq was just a bonus thing. I feel bad we have to choose now.

positivespace
05-25-2004, 12:34 AM
You already know this Yui... but me and the 4 other people I was going to do a skit with have decided to back out of the masquerade in favor of the concert. It sucks, but what can we do, right?

I'm going to try to catch the first part of the masq then will run off to the concert... anyone else want to join me in the shuffle? LOL

XJhideSB
05-25-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm out of the masquerade as of now. Sure, I can win a crapload of money. But how many chances in my life will I get to see one of my favorite bands in concert?

hoshikage
05-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Err. I was still planning on being in the Masquerade. I guess I'll expect a pretty small audience and set of people to chat backstage with, though... ^^;;;;

Michi
05-25-2004, 11:50 AM
o_O; I'm reaaaally curious as to why that decision was made. No con should put two such major events at the same time.

I'm sticking to the masquerade, though. I have to be there as part of my group. I can see one of the other PLC concerts and I'll be fine. ^_^;;

hoshikage
05-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Michi: According to Shogun on the PMX messageboard, PLC requested the time change. I suppose it's kind of a bad idea to tell your GoHs "No, you can't have your concert when you want it." ^^;; It does suck for the attendees and contestants who have to choose, but I guess it just can't be helped...

Michi
05-25-2004, 01:24 PM
o_o; Did PLC know a major con event was at the same time? :p Haha.

Anele
05-25-2004, 01:34 PM
*reads through the thread* I am sorry to hear about this everyone. Hopefully things will work out for those who wanted to do both. I guess if PLC requested the time change, they can't BE requested to change it back (with regards to what hoshikage said above). Because of several circumstances, I can't make it to PMX, but it does not stop me from, again, hoping things will find some sort of way to work out for everyone! ^_^

Evil Bishounen
05-25-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't think it was wise of the band to request this time change and force the two events to compete (assuming they knew about it...perhaps they didn't, perhaps they did and didn't care - in which case, I guess it'd be stereotypical celebrity ego).

My friend and I will still be in masquerade though - I personally had no interest in that concert to begin with. :razz:

Or at least, we HOPE we'll still be in masquerade...we're still waiting for our wig order to arrive >.> I made it early last week, and normally this company is REALLY good with speedy delivery and I should have gotten the box on my doorstep by now - but I've yet to even receive a shipping notification in my e-mail inbox @.@ gn....

Yui
05-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Nah, I don't think they did that on purpose - if anyone is supportive of cosplayers, they are.
I'm just sad that if they're doing the concert at that time, our dreams of them being cosplay judges are now dashed. ;_;

Michi
05-26-2004, 05:11 AM
That's really odd. You think if they knew it was the same time, that they wouldn't've rescheduled to then. =/

Isn't it like their third concert of the weekend though or something? o.o;;

Yui
05-26-2004, 04:56 PM
It's their second.

Well, I'm going to bring the costume I'd be using for the masq just in case. I can decide once I get there, I suppose.
Maybe they'll let us go first...? And then I can run off to the concert....? ^_^
Um....otherwise, I have a feeling I'll be subjecting everyone in the greenroom to an impromptu 'remote concert'. XD

jennekohan
05-26-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping for some reason they'll change the time of the masquerade when we get there. This really frustrates me that the times were changed since we've all been planning things out for a while now. If for some reason there's a time change I'll definately still want to be in the masquerade, but if not then I'm sticking to PLC. I'd really love to enter the masquerade, but PLC and TMR are the reasons I'm going to PMX.

Michi
05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Well at least it isn't as if PLC's only concert was moved to the same time as the masq. If they did that, I'd be pretty annoyed and angry too. @_@ But they're performing multiple concerts. ^_^;

jennekohan
05-26-2004, 08:31 PM
That's true. Still, people bought tickets for the Sunday concert a while ago thinking it would be at a certain time and it got changed and not everyone will be able to be at PMX for both concerts.

Yui
05-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Okay, I'm out. I'd feel too guilty not going to every single moment of PLC-ness. Plus, I'll be in the airport(s) alone for over 12 hours sitting on my huge props that I was intending to bring for the masquerade. So yeah, this is probably for the best.
(That makes only 2 cosplays for the whole weekend for me...that's some kind of record.... ^_^;)

Michi
05-26-2004, 09:18 PM
jennekohan - Oh! I forgot about the paid tickets. o.o; Wow. That... really sucks. Wow. X_X That's not cool. >/