PDA

View Full Version : Making avatars

neko rinchan
05-25-2004, 02:44 AM
With the new layout of the site, i can't find the FAQ page with all the links to different threads on it. So, if anybody can direct me to a thread on making an avatar, or even tell me how to make an avatar, it would be greatly appreciated!

CosplayerGabi
05-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Are you just trying to post one or are you trying to make one?

If you are trying to make one I can probably help you a little there. I just made mine a couple days ago.
<---------

I usually use photoshop or GIMP to make my avatars and stick to a 100x100 pixel size. I also usually work in a RGB color format. Then I just do whatever strikes my fancy.Then change it to a GIF when I am all done. It cuts down on the size of the picture considerably. Which makes the MODs happy and makes for easier loading for others.
Harry Potter is coming out in a couple weeks so I made a Ravenclaw prefect badge that sparkles.

Gab

neko rinchan
05-25-2004, 09:17 PM
thanks for the tip, but how did you post it? when it comes to computers, i'm pretty pathetic...

DJCelicaStyle
05-26-2004, 12:53 AM
If you mean use it for forums and stuff, sign in and you should see a button that says 'quick links' and then 'edit profile'. Click on edit icon, selct the file, and upload. Hope that helps.