PDA

View Full Version : Prop size limit?

NeonRainDrop
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
What is the prop size limit for ACEN? I am making Zabuza's Kubikiri Houcho, and I want to know if I can make it to scale or not. Thanks.

ZiggyB
05-26-2004, 12:44 AM
You're better off going to the ACen web site then asking here, they would know better what the weapons policy for next year would be.

BlitzballMstr
05-26-2004, 08:33 AM
I would figure since part of the reason there was limits this year was the hotel had a couple things either broken or set off (ala the ffire alarmsthe previous year 2003, so it would be a safe bet that there is going to be similar regulations the following year....personally I can't see them shortening the length any more without an all out angry out cry from the cosplaying communitty....did you happen to catch the thread about this years limits ^^

Menchi
05-26-2004, 01:03 PM
from my experience, i have seen ppl cosplay alot of things with the outfits alone an be recognizable still. while it may be nice to have the big sword/gun/prop/etc it isnt always needed. i wont touch on this again being the subject is very very very old news. but make something 4' an under an be mindful of ppl/objects around you an things shoud be ok.

Xanthix
05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
The hallway cosplay size rules for 2004 were:
- No props more than 4 feet in length
- No rigid/hard part of your costume may extend more than 6 inches from your body

I saw a ton of costumes and props that ignored this rule, but I also did see security asking people about their extra-large props. I imagine the rules will be similar in 2005.

NeonRainDrop
05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
The hallway cosplay size rules for 2004 were:
- No props more than 4 feet in length
- No rigid/hard part of your costume may extend more than 6 inches from your body

I saw a ton of costumes and props that ignored this rule, but I also did see security asking people about their extra-large props. I imagine the rules will be similar in 2005.

Do you think that it would include the handle of a prop sword as well as the blade? If I make a 4' blade and put on a 8" handle, you think they would care?

Xanthix
05-28-2004, 02:19 PM
According to the 2004 rules, the total length of a prop in any dimension could not exceed 4 feet, so that would be illegal. But like I said, I saw plenty of props that were longer sneak by, and next year's rules may be different.

R1KKu
05-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Do you think that it would include the handle of a prop sword as well as the blade? If I make a 4' blade and put on a 8" handle, you think they would care?

The full length of the prop, blade and handle, must not exceed 4'

I had brough a sword to this year's Acen. The blade was 4 feet, the handle was an additional 18" or so, and boy did I get kicked around by security. Was for picture purposes only, not like I was sword fighting or swinging it around, I kept it to myself most of the time.

As long as they dont change the 4' prop rule to a shorter size next year, I'll be happy.