PDA

View Full Version : The Official who is going to Dragon Con Thread

Ragresen
05-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Ok I am going to begin a list of who will be attending Dragon Con this year. As we get a list going we can actually plan different things to maybe do as a Group.

The Official List:
Ragresen
Carmila
Bluelady
Digital Cactus
Kell
Admin
Adella
KirinPandora
Heather
aaobuttons
IXArachneXI
QueenAleta
RobTheStampede
Kitsunered
Hikaruchan
Ravien
ame-chan
DarkMgcnGirl
Schuldig
Sarabug
HealerKou
Ashiri-chan
Aleathia Burns
keri1966
Taipa
Dementia
anycynwilldo
Xel
SpikeSpiegel
SuthrnBelleChan
The Balrog
Dagmarus
Daitenshi
Darkskuld
Schu
LionBoogy

Total so far 36

*Edited 8-4-04. And the List continues to Grow*

KirinPandora
05-27-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm definitely going!

Heather
05-28-2004, 09:13 AM
I'll be there, no matter what! :D

Carmila
05-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Wow, w/o saying a word I get added. Hum...making assumptions are we? ^_^

aaobuttons
05-30-2004, 09:42 AM
I'll be there will bells on! No, I'm serious, I'm really going to have bells on!

Ragresen
05-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow, w/o saying a word I get added. Hum...making assumptions are we? ^_^

I sure am Makeing Assumptions when it comes to you.

IXArachneXI
05-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm have been going to DragonCon for a couple of years, but this is my first year cosplaying there.

QueenAleta
05-30-2004, 09:44 PM
I'll be there Hopefully in a leather Lum costume

RobTheStampede
05-31-2004, 01:34 PM
ill be there ^_^ i will cosplaying the Punisher from the movie and i do not know what else

kitsunered
05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm going again this year, as I've gone for the past seven or eight years. :)

Hikaruchan
06-02-2004, 12:30 AM
My older sister (keri1966) and I will be there again.

Ravien
06-02-2004, 10:14 AM
I got to D*C all the time :)

Costumes:

Ogre Fiona
Dawn
Sour Grapes
Ritz Malheur
Kim Possible

ame-chan
06-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Schuldig and I will both be going. We're supposed to have our Rainbow Brite group then.

Ravien
06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Just wondering, what made all you newbies decide to attend this year? Is it because cosplay.com is going to officially be there or is it just a coincidence?

I mean, the guest are the same as last year and the admission is $10 higher :P

I can tell already this is going to be taken entirely the wrong way...I don't mean anything bad by this, just curious.

kitsunered
06-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Just wondering, what made all you newbies decide to attend this year? Is it because cosplay.com is going to officially be there or is it just a coincidence?

I can tell already this is going to be taken entirely the wrong way...I don't mean anything bad by this, just curious.

Maybe because the veterans have been talking it up? :) It is a really huge, fun con, and IMHO, the best one in the Southeast. You know what they say, enthusiasm is infectious.

-K

Ravien
06-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Let's hope my computer doesn't lock up again when I make this post :P

Anyway...like I was saying HUGE is right. They really need to add on another hotel. Sure they can't change hotels because of the contract but there's nothing that says they can't take another hotel on.

Last year I kept getting crammed up against sweaty people :(

I'm going to avoid the main floors during peak hours.

(Not to say D*C isn't one of the best cons ever, it is, everyone should go...they just shouldn't all stand in the same place at the same time ;) )

Ragresen
06-03-2004, 11:27 AM
From what I have heard from a friend of mine who is in charge of Security for the Dealers room at the Con. They are currently in talks with the Hilton, which is directly behind the Marrott, to have them as a 3rd hotel for possibly 2005 or 2006 at the latest. Also they have contracts with both the Hyatt and the Mariott for the next 5 years.

DarkMgcnGirl
06-03-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll definatly be there. I was totally upset about missing last year. Not even a clue as to what costumes I'd like to do/wear.

IXArachneXI
06-03-2004, 06:21 PM

This is my fifth year in a row going to DragonCon.

Ragresen
06-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Dragon Con is definatly not new to me. As an Atlanta Local I have been an Eternal Member since 1993 and attending since 1991. I go back a long ways and did not start Costumeing until 1996 or so.

Schuldig
06-04-2004, 09:45 AM
we've been trying to go for the last two years... our problem was we lived in Florida and other out of state cons won over our funds first. LOL

sarabug
06-04-2004, 10:13 AM
i'll be there! can't wait to see you guys again!

HealerKou
06-06-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm definitely going. The past couple years I've had to miss it for various reasons. This year everything is all set and it's a "go". ^_^ The reason I've wanted to go is because my friends that have attended for years have said that it's probably the best con they've ever been to, and even though it's fairly expensive it's the only con WORTH spending all that money. How could I argue with that? A con that has sci-fi, comics, costuming, anime, and movie junk really does have it all! It's for the ecclectic geeks like myself. ^_~

Ashiri-chan
06-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I was there last year and I'll be there again this year. ^^

Aleathia Burns
06-09-2004, 11:25 AM
If it was the last day I had left to live I WOULD BE THERE!!! Just kidding anyway I am defininetly going.

keri1966
06-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Got the official okay for getting off work the days I'll be out of town for Dragon Con now, so I'm definitely going.

aaobuttons
06-10-2004, 07:36 PM

Actually, DragonCon came first, I went last year with my husband, and DragonCon got me interested in Cosplay. I joined this site to get some info and Ideas about my costumes for this years Con.

KittyCanuck
06-10-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm going! ^_^

PS: Hi Cali! ^_^

Dementia
06-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Count me in :bigtu:

Ragresen
06-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Great to see this list growing more and more. I am actually supprised to find this many Cosplayers that will be attending. Dragon Con has allways had more of a Sci-fi pull in the past, but I know a lot of Sci-fi Costumers are branching out now as well.

anycynwilldo
06-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Count me there as well :p

Xel
07-06-2004, 06:00 PM
ooo
Im there as well

SpikeSpiegel
07-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I'll be there. Not as a anime character though.

SuthrnBelleChan
07-10-2004, 10:52 AM
*boucnes up and down* I'm going! I'm Going! I'M GOING! ^_^ Are we getting a cosplay.com place in the parade??

Ravien
07-10-2004, 11:01 AM
*boucnes up and down* I'm going! I'm Going! I'M GOING! ^_^ Are we getting a cosplay.com place in the parade??

There was a place last year, so I'm assuming there will be a place this year.

If I'm not mistaken, someone had posted around here somewhere about still having the banner from last year to use this year.

I'm never awake in time for the parade :P

SuthrnBelleChan
07-11-2004, 11:51 PM
lol i'll definately wake up for it, jstu soemone please tlel me the wehn and where

The_Balrog
07-18-2004, 12:04 AM
I'll be there.

QueenAleta
07-31-2004, 08:41 AM

The first time I went to DragonCon was in '99 with my role playing group. I was there last year as well though I didn't get to see much of the con. I spent the entire weekend helping out at the Brute Force Leather booth. I must admit I almost prefer sci-fi cons. I don't feel so old in comparison to the average con goer at sci-fi cons. ( At 28 that probably puts me at roughly 10 years older than the average anime con goer. )

Ravien
07-31-2004, 10:00 AM
The first time I went to DragonCon was in '99 with my role playing group. I was there last year as well though I didn't get to see much of the con. I spent the entire weekend helping out at the Brute Force Leather booth. I must admit I almost prefer sci-fi cons. I don't feel so old in comparison to the average con goer at sci-fi cons. ( At 28 that probably puts me at roughly 10 years older than the average anime con goer. )

I <3 Brute Force Leather :)

I also prefer sci-fi cons due to the same reason. I go to anime cons and I almost always regret it because it's full of "kids". Sure there's some 20-somethings mixed in but they're sparse. It's a whole different feel at an anime con and it's not really my bag. Most of my friends are late 20s to 30s so the whole vibe doesn't mix well with me. DragonCon is cool though because that's the age of most of the attendees :)

It's like at the last anime con I went to, my friend was trying to pick up chicks and I had to keep yelling at him saying "NOOOOO SHE'S ONLY 15!!!" You don't have to worry about that so much at D*C ;)

Ragresen
07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
I know how you feel when I am cresting the 30 mark this year soon.

dagmarus
08-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm definately there this year.

Daitenshi
08-01-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm scrambling to raise the extra $100 I need for my plane ticket... ToT I had so much fun two years ago, and this time there are more guests that I want to see. If I can't wear my Amalthea for Peter S. Beagle I'm going to cry. ^^;;

Ragresen
08-02-2004, 08:06 AM
I will update the list tommarow as I gotta get ready for work right now. Geez it is hard to beliee we got abpout 4 weeks till Dragon Con now.

Schu
08-02-2004, 01:48 PM
I'll be there. ^^

Aleathia Burns
08-02-2004, 03:52 PM
I will update the list tommarow as I gotta get ready for work right now. Geez it is hard to beliee we got abpout 4 weeks till Dragon Con now.

Dude I need a time machine!!! :crylaugh:

Darkskuld
08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I think I will there

Ragresen
08-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Well Any plans as a group? I would love to see if we could maybe pull an AX tradition to DragonCon and have a table party later on. So Admin or Eurobeatking think we could maybe work that out. I know that the only thing with it is eventually things get quiet in the con areas later at night as most of the folks move on to the room partys that go on each night. But things are allways happening till about 2 or 3 am in the con areas.

Schu
08-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Last year there were tons of tables and stuff that could easily be shanghai'd later in the night. I'm down for it, or at least stopping by. :)

Aleathia Burns
08-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I have never heard of a table party (I'm so sheltered), but I am game it depends on if I can get a hotel room for saturday as well so I can stay up late. Anyway it sounds like fun.

Ravien
08-03-2004, 12:20 PM
What exactly is a "table party"?

Ragresen
08-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Well The Table party is pretty simple. Basically Cosplay.com has in the past at AX and Katsucon set up at a table later for us all to gather at. There is normally food and lots of cosplayers to hang with. It is not anything too special, but a good way to have fun when ya got nothing else to do.

Aleathia Burns
08-03-2004, 02:00 PM
I guess I can stop on by after I finish causing Trouble, greef, and Mayhem...uhh I mean having good clean fun!!!!

Eurobeat King
08-04-2004, 01:09 AM
UPDATE: Well, the final piece to the puzzle has been solved.. I purchased my airline tickets tonight, and it looks like EBK will FINALLY make his first appearance to Dragoncon! :skidude2: Thankfully the price wasn't that bad with a month to go, and calling an airline via phone and SPLITTING the cost on 2 credit-cards doesn't feel so painful.. heehee So I'll be arriving on that Friday, September 3rd, around 7:30am, and hopefully should be at the con by 8am. I'll head straight to the pre-reg. line, and then the photo-madness begins! ;) I'll be there for all 4 days, leaving on Monday after 8pm, so that means the picture-count goes all the way until I leave the con after 6pm..

Can't wait to see what this con is all about, and I'll be busy until then posting the Otakon pics and moving into my new place. By the time the con comes, perhaps then I'll get back into the swing of cosplay-photographs after a looong 5 weeks off.. See you all there!!

Ravien
08-04-2004, 01:17 AM
So I'll be arriving on that Friday, September 3rd, around 7:30am, and hopefully should be at the con by 8am. I'll head straight to the pre-reg. line, and then the photo-madness begins! ;) I'll be there for all 4 days, leaving on Monday after 8pm, so that means the picture-count goes all the way until I leave the con after 6pm..

Can't wait to see what this con is all about, and I'll be busy until then posting the Otakon pics and moving into my new place. By the time the con comes, perhaps then I'll get back into the swing of cosplay-photographs after a looong 5 weeks off.. See you all there!!

Good luck in "The Line". I arrive on Thursday partly to avoid it ;) Last year it took me two hours. Not sure how long it took the people that arrived on Friday onward.

I've never stayed long past checkout on Monday. People tend to scurry away once the dealers room closes, though there are still some panels going.

DragonCon is alot of fun, try not to get lost in it all ;)

Eurobeat King
08-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Ravien: Well, another airline would've gotten me there at 5:15am, and even though I've gotten to cons around that time before, I reallly get tired, as I usually can't sleep on planes. So at least if there's some people around at 8am, I can try to stay awake and hopefully pre-reg. won't be too bad this year.. As for leaving on Monday, my only other option with the airline I got was to leave at 9:30am, but knowing me, I like to stay around until the con's over, since you never know who might like to cosplay on the last day.. ;)

Costumes.. I think I'll just bring Shinji to Dragoncon, since I want to pack light again like I did for Otakon, and so maybe one costume won't hurt. Was tempted to bring Hibiki to fight off all those jedi's and other sword-packing characters using my cane-sword, but I plan to bring just one suitcase and a backpack. Bringing the cane-sword (or just the sheath) would require another case or box.. But we'll see.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have a table-gathering at Dragoncon, since at the last few cons the table-gatherings weren't as successful. (I think the last good one I had was at Anime Central in May..) And I can't really play that much anime-remixes or Para-Para, since Dragoncon isn't really an anime-based convention. *gasp* The con-attendees may not even know what Eurobeat is!! :thumbsup: But we'll see. If myself & Admin choose to have one, I'll make a seperate thread for it. ;)

LionBoogy
08-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Well, of course I am going... haha

Here is last year's LLNN report that still to this day gets uber amounts of hits... probably another contributing reason why D*C attendance will grow for 2004. http://www.usagichan2.com/Dragon2003/

- Lionel

Admin
08-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Adella and I are going.

Ragresen
08-04-2004, 06:49 AM
EBK: I warn you the prereg line on Friday will take you about 2 to 3 hours to get through. That is because Dragon Con runs somewhere close to 20,000 attendees easily if not more. Think of the size of SDCC and you have a good idea of the size of Dragon Con. Play what ever you wish at the table as the crowd at Dragon is into more than just sci-fi and fantasy. Trust me there are lots of Anime folks in the crowd and would like a break from the Sci-fi and Fantasy stuff. It is one reason Anime is makeing a stronger return to Dragon Con. I could allways arrange for Shinji to carry a laser based weapon if you desire.

Admin: Got you onthe list allready. Guess I need to add Adella.

Well look forward to having those who make Cosplay.com fun to have about at a con present.

wuzzled
08-04-2004, 09:08 AM
I've been reading this site for a long time, but I just started posting, so I'm pretty new, but I'll definitely be at Dragoncon. I can't wait until they put up the schedule grid!

For anybody who decides to go get in line Thursday night for badges, be sure you go early enough. A good bit before the end of the time they're supposed to be there, they'll cut off the line. I want to say it was an hour or two ahead of the end last year, but I don't remember exactly.

RamenNoodles
08-04-2004, 02:50 PM
I plan on going too. ^-^ It'll be my first Dragon Con, but I've wanted to go for years! I'll only be there on Saturday though, most likely.

Aleathia Burns
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey guys is it a good time to get in line on thursday at lets say 7:00 p.m cuz I get off work at that time and I am already prereged and all. Will it take me about 2 hours to get my badge?, I don;t mind the wait cuz it is worth it, but I would like to know so that I know what I am in for.

Ravien
08-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey guys is it a good time to get in line on thursday at lets say 7:00 p.m cuz I get off work at that time and I am already prereged and all. Will it take me about 2 hours to get my badge?, I don;t mind the wait cuz it is worth it, but I would like to know so that I know what I am in for.

I got in line last year around 5pm and the wait was about two hours (and I was in high heeled boots...ouch) I don't know how long the wait will be at 7...probably somewhere between 2-3 hours. Bring a gameboy or a friend :P

Aleathia Burns
08-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Believe me I will now!!! Besides it sounds like waiting in line to get your License renewed. It;s better to get it out of the way or regreat it later that's what I say.

Ragresen
08-04-2004, 07:15 PM
I honestly hate braging but this is one time I am proud to be an Eternal Member to Dragon Con. I get to wait a entire 5 mins tops at the VIP area to get my pass.

Ravien
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I honestly hate braging but this is one time I am proud to be an Eternal Member to Dragon Con. I get to wait a entire 5 mins tops at the VIP area to get my pass.

Do they always offer eternal memberships? How can I go about getting one?

Ragresen
08-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Do they always offer eternal memberships? How can I go about getting one?

Last time I checked they had 2 or 3 left to sell. They are about $600 dollars. Go to the website and get the main number to the Regrestration and give them a call. They will tell you if any are left and if there is can sell you one. I have had mine since 1993.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-06-2004, 12:44 PM
ADmin, EBK, and Adella I can't wait to see you all again! I also can't believe Otakon is over. Hopefully i'll get to find you guys at D*C lol it's insanely easy to lose someone LOL

As said before here's my cell number for everyone to find me or set up pre-D*C meeting plans
256-426-2369

kelldar
08-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't remember waiting a terribly long time last year... well I take that back, it probably did take about an hour, lol.
I'm flying in on thursday evening this year- I'll probably be getting there around 9. What time does prereg close on thurs?
Al - glad you're coming this year!

Two costumes done, two to go... !

Aleathia Burns
08-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I think it closes at around 10 or 11:00.

Cutest_Sandgirl
08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
I'll be going this year. Wasn't originally planning on it, but Andy (my bf) tricked me. (With help from our friend Emily) :thumbsup: So I'll be there with bells on. :D

Eurobeat King
08-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Kell: Yeah, I'm really excited about Dragoncon, and I know my weekend will be busy, so I'll do my best to take a lot of pics and TRY to cosplay 1-2 costumes during those 4 days. Last time at A-kon and SDCC I missed out on a costume of yours, so this time I'll try to get it perfect this time.. ;) Since you know the layout of the hotel(s), you can tell me at the con where's a good place to meet up for photoshoots. Good luck finishing up your last 2 costumes!! :D

Good luck to everyone else working on your costumes for Dragoncon! See you all in a couple o' weeks!

Daitenshi
08-22-2004, 12:11 AM
12 days left and I'm still scrambling for plane tickets. @_@ The prices have dropped, though, and since I'm ready and willing to endure a red-eye flight I'm almost there!! I just need to raise an extra $100 and I'll be able to afford the tickets. Gah, wish me luck!!

Aleathia Burns
08-22-2004, 11:30 AM
I hope you make it!!!

Eurobeat King
08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Daitenshi: Kewl if you can make it! :) Our last meeting at a similar comic-book/sci-fi con was so brief, but I'm glad I was able to get a couple of humorous LOTR pics of you at SDCC. hehe Will you be cosplaying at D-con if you can make it? Good luck getting that last amount o' cash so you can get the plane ticket!! :D

sarabug
08-23-2004, 10:53 AM
!!11 days left!!!!!

i can't believe it's getting so close! and i still have soo many loose ends to tie up on my costumes.....somehow i've managed to get the count up to 10 costumes that i'm responsible for getting out the door next week! geez...hehehe, but it's going to be a total blast! i can't wait!

Aleathia Burns
08-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Man 11 days I guess I can wait!!! esides the longer the wait the bettr cuz once D.C is here and gone we have at least 300 and some days left before the next one.

makio
08-25-2004, 03:46 AM
Though it's still a toss up on whether or not I can leave early from work on Friday to get to Dragon*con, it's at least "green-light" for me on Saturday to Sunday. I just kinda wish the 'experience' wasn't as expensive... but I'm told it's worth it. My wallet certainly hopes so! LoL!

Ah well, at least I'm getting two friends of mine to go along for the fun, one from Florida(making the drive with me) and the other from the Carolinas. All three of us are newbies. :thumbsup:

Lady
08-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Lady will be there!*flexes* Definite costumes are Vaysh from Storm Constantine's Wraeththu series and Haku from Naruto. Just found out they're airing Juon, Juon 2, and Ringu back to back in the film track, so I'm super happy and looking forward to seeint that.

Aleathia Burns
08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
umm. let's see it' the 25th to day soo.......Oh Shiva!!!! We have 8 days left this YunaBrat better start packing her costumes!!!

Ragresen
08-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I am currently refinishing the tweaks on my Kozi and my Jinto. God I am only bringing one starwars Costume I decide to not bring out the trooper armor this year.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-26-2004, 09:45 AM
i gotta pack! holy crap!! And like AS SOON as i get back it's my b/fs birthday, then on the 9th i roll out for college >.< (in tomo-chan voice) "HOLLY FRIGGEN CRAP!"

Daitenshi i really hope you get to make it!!

Ken it's gonna rock seeing you again!!

glowinthedark
08-26-2004, 04:53 PM
hey im going to! ill be there with my big sis SUthrnBelleChan!

Aleathia Burns
08-26-2004, 08:39 PM
T-minus 7 days and pouting :hafha: ..uhhh I mean... :thumbsup: counting yeah counting. Oh and pouting!!! :sulk:

cheesecake
08-28-2004, 07:47 PM
:P I'll be there, best part is, I live in ATL, so I don't have to do any traveling

Aleathia Burns
08-28-2004, 08:13 PM
:P I'll be there, best part is, I live in ATL, so I don't have to do any traveling
You got that right!!! Oh... let's see T-minus 5 days and super pouting and counting!!! :sulk: :jjacks:

makio
08-29-2004, 02:54 AM

Heh, believe me when I say you're saving at least $175-250 bucks by being local... temporary hotel stays and out of state travel(food/gas from Central Florida to ATL)... eyouch. :thumbsup:

...but I'm still eager to go! Much to do, and many more people to see there(some of you on this board for the first time)afterall!

Lafiel
08-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Ack so few days left..
I still got to fix things and pack.. >.<
.. and go over the boarder.. IEEeee

SuthrnBelleChan
08-29-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm so glad it's so close and all the costumes are finished LOL I cna't wait to see everyone!! Yay! Yeah everyone glowinthedark is my little sister ^_^ Everyone be nice to her ^_^ D*C is her first con hehe, oh lordie what a place to lose your con virginity >.< haha

Daitenshi
08-31-2004, 07:21 PM
With 2 days to go I managed to get plane tickets! O.O I've been looking forward to this since D*C 2002. Two years of waiting paid off! *dances*

Eurobeat King
09-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Daitenshi: Yay!! Glad you managed to secure tix to go! :bigtu: My first time to D-con too, after a few years of missing out (I forget why..) but it'll be great to see a familiar-CA-face like yourself there! :D Come try to find me on FRI when you get in so we can get your stuff settled into the room. ciao~

dagmarus
09-01-2004, 11:45 AM
It's sixteen hours till I leave for Atlanta and there's still so much to do! I have to finish putting together the aragorn duster,weathering it, cut, round off, and paint my bow, make straps for shoulder armor and then pack! So little time.

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I know amen! SO very little time

Will everyone PLEASE come see me in the Buffy Horror Picture Show? It's Friday night at 11:30 i'd love to see some friendly faces in the crowd ^_^ i'll probably have a heck of a lot more fun on stage hehe

EBK, please come fidn me there, it'll be so good to see you again!

kelldar
09-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Daitenshi: I'm glad you're gonna make it! Are you still doing Amalthea this year?
I hope I can come by the Buffy Horror Picture Show... it sounds like fun :D

I got everything finished monday... I still need to pack my suitcase tho! I leave tomorrow night and get into ATL around 9:30- don't know if I'll have time to get my badge that night or not but I hope so.
See you guys there!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 04:48 PM
See ya there kell-chan! DOn't be afraid to say hi! I haven't seen you since MTAC Pi >.< it'll rock to see you again

Aleathia Burns
09-01-2004, 06:16 PM
T- minus 2 days!!!!!!! Come ooonnnnn Weekend!!!!!! See ya guys Thursday in the verrrrrry back of the Pre-registartion line.

makio
09-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Still waiting on the 'green light' that it'll be decent enough to make it up to ATL on Friday afternoon/evening from here in Florida... though I'm almost certain the damn hurricane isn't changing course, if it does, I'm haulin' ass up there. LoL However, if I don't go, have fun everyone.

...the coincidence of it all is that I didn't make it to Yasumicon because of Hurricane Charley two weeks ago. And now Dragon*con this week. Who knows what'll be flung to godawful Florida next when AWA rolls around. :thumbsup:

Carmila
09-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Is anyone getting in on Thurs? I will be there most of the day, and was wondering if anyone wants to get together for a while.

Eurobeat King
09-02-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm leaving tonight for Dragon-con, so everyone who's going to be there tonight, have fun! :) And be safe in getting there today or tomorrow (like myself) since we can only hope the weather doesn't hit us that badly.. (Not to mention letting us leave on Monday..) :thumbsup: But I've been through worse weather *cough.. Katsucon 2003* But overall let's have as much fun as we can, 'k? Look for me in the pre-reg. line, and I'll see you all tomorrow morning!! :skidude2:

Daitenshi
09-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Kell: No Amalthea for me. ;o; At first I had to cancel that costume due to lack of funds, but now without Peter S. Beagle there I just don't have the heart to make her. I think I'll wait until I'm back in Northern California before I set out again on that project. The character is so close to my heart I just want to wait until the right time.

Aleathia Burns
09-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I got my Badge!!!! Now let the chaos....uhh.. I...mean.. Fun begin!!!! Yeah that's the ticket!!!! Oh yeah and Chaos can't forget Chaos.

Eurobeat King
09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone,

My last post before I depart for Dragoncon, and again, be safe getting there by car or plane. :) I decided NOT to bring Shinji, so NO costumes for me at the con. My first time there, so I want to concentrate on picture-taking and see how many I can get at this con if I don't cosplay. And it's more a sci-fi/comic/movie con (like SDCC) I'll wait until the next anime con (NDK in 2 weeks) when I'll cosplay more. :) So look for me in regular clothes, walking around and taking pictures. And if you're a member of c.com, let me know who you are (in case we have yet to meet in person) as it's always nice to meet new people and new members!

Also, I'll be bringing a portable stereo, which isn't as loud as my subwoofer & speaker system can dish out, but it's easy to move, so keep an eye out for me since I might set up a cosplay.com table-gathering either tomorrow (FRI) or Saturday night. And you know what that means: Eurobeat music and printing out cosplayer pics from the day's assortment! :skidude2: Not sure WHERE to set it up tho, but I'll try looking out for one tomorrow when I get settled in..

See you all tomorrow morning!!

RyousukeT.
09-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah unfortunatly I will not be going to dragoncon =[. Hurricane Francis made sure of that =\ i work securtity so they called a lot of us in and I wanted to stay to help my family with evacuation and stuff. hopefully ill be able to make it to the other cons i planned =] Have fun everyone and ill be there next year :D

JiggyJigen
08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
don't know if my bud posted in the forum for me like i had asked, but me and my friend are going fer 3 days. we never have any money to get to cons out fo state, so this one we lucked into. thank god. *isnt an anime fan, but is a scifi/comic nerd*

YunaheartsVivi
08-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Ill be there!

D-Chan
08-07-2005, 12:48 PM
oh definately count me in.

AuroraCeleste
08-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I'll be there, costumed for sure :D . I'll be at the Costuming Track, doing some lectures on beginner costuming, corsetry, and beginner cosplay, and I'll be doing the Harry Potter costumes lecture at the YALit track, so come check them out if you're interested!

a-tastic
08-07-2005, 08:57 PM
i will totally be there. i went last year and loved it.
i look forward to meeting everyone!

Bevandera
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm going as Chris Redfield (Resident Evil) and Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

vampirate
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll be there running around in various costumes.

Aleathia Burns
08-10-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm going as Chris Redfield (Resident Evil) and Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Hey me and my firnd Tise are coming as Resident evil 1 & 3 Jill!!! Can't wait to see ya there.

TheWickedOne
08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
i'm definately going to be there, i'll be the guy inthe alcoholic costume, you know... dressed in street clothes acting beligerant and making obscene gestures and noises at all the women passerbys. no wait, i did that last year, i'm doing cyclops this year, with a bunch of other x-men. but i'll probably bring the alcoholic costume this year, since it was such a big hit. look for me and my boys, we'll all be wearing the same t-shirt on friday, it'll be white with black writing, and have our nicknames on the back, the front will have something to do with a D*C costume... see ya there! :drink:

katrinastrife
08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm going! ^__^ *skips away to finish costumes*

Aleathia Burns
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm going! ^__^ *skips away to finish costumes*
Oh my god your costume are gorgeous!!! I have to know what are you gonna cosplay at Dragon con. :jjacks: I am gonna do Jill from Resident Evil 1, Lynn Minmay from Macross, Dawn, WHjite Mage Yuna and Gogo Yubari. Dang I just realize I am gonna be carrying a lot of baggage to this con. Oh well it's worth it. :bigtu:

Southernl3elle
08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I shall be there.

vampirate
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Aleathia you should bring your Yuna to a FF shoot we're trying to get together for hopefully Sunday afternoon, but possibly Friday night.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?threadid=65752

Kiante
08-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I will be there. I will be Alice from Resident Evil Apocalypse. :D and A fairy LOL but my main costume fo the parade is Alice :D

I finished the majority of both costumes. There is still so much to do ~dies~

Aleathia Burns
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Aleathia you should bring your Yuna to a FF shoot we're trying to get together for hopefully Sunday afternoon, but possibly Friday night.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?threadid=65752

I'll bring my white mage Yuna cuz my summoner is gonna have to be retired cuz of the skirt. But I won't have my staff cuz that is retired as well. I maight makw a new one next time. But I will definitly bring Yuna so that means I am gonna have 2 Final Fantasy costume. Oh and my wedding day one is retired too due to weight gain. Sorry but donuts are my weakness. :drink:

mocha
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I will be there. I will be Alice from Resident Evil Apocalypse. :D and A fairy LOL but my main costume fo the parade is Alice :D

I finished the majority of both costumes. There is still so much to do ~dies~

Wellll.... I plan on bringing Jill from Apocalypse. Would be cool to march with an Alice too....*pokepoke*

vampirate
08-24-2005, 06:39 PM
I'll bring my white mage Yuna cuz my summoner is gonna have to be retired cuz of the skirt. But I won't have my staff cuz that is retired as well. I maight makw a new one next time. But I will definitly bring Yuna so that means I am gonna have 2 Final Fantasy costume. Oh and my wedding day one is retired too due to weight gain. Sorry but donuts are my weakness. :drink:

Awesome! White mages are definitely nifty. I plan on doing a white mage costume for my next FF costume actually. I'll post more about exact time and location information about it a bit later.

Kiante
08-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Sure. :D IM sure we will find each other. YAY!

fightstar
08-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I hope I get to see and meet you all!!! So much to do, but so little time to do it in.

Aleathia Burns
08-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Finally!!! Final Fantasy can slowly conqur Draogn Con.

fightstar
08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Finally!!! Final Fantasy can slowly conqur Draogn Con.

LOL!! Have you seen the Numbers of Cobra Troopers in recent times? Not just blue troopers, but Cobra Lady types as well. ;)

In all seriousness, I look forward to taking pictures of you all, Final Fantasy and otherwise.

Aleathia Burns
08-27-2005, 11:15 AM
I love G.I joe. It is funny when they used todo those moral lessons on the episodes and they say "And now you know. And knowing is half the battleA". That is so funny I still say that.

Monicator
08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey, count me in...im aiming for Saturday. Look for the 4'11 Cyrax LOL

vampirate
08-28-2005, 10:20 PM
So for anyone here who's interested who I haven't talked to already:

Final Fantasy shoot is Sunday afternoon at 1 in the Marriott on the level with the panel and dealers rooms.

_T3_
08-29-2005, 10:56 AM
This'll be my third consecutive Dragon*Con, but sadly my friend Kat won't be able to make it this year. But my friend from here is going as a Boba Fett, so I'll get to sit back in the AC and watch as he marches in the parade in his baking hot costume. (I've tried the helmet on, and that thing insulates heat some fierce.)
This year I'll be doing Vash the Stampede again, this time with a few improvements made, and also I'll be doing Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2. But, PH is huge and cumbersome, and the helmet really limits my non-peripheral vision, so I'll only be doing that during times when there's not much going on. (S'still a cool-looking costume, though. Only took about a gallon of vinyl primer to get the paint to stick to it though...)

Next year I'll be sure to join in the FF fun. (Seems fitting, what with all the major releases due out next year.) Me and Kat have already planned a Cait Sith costume, and I'm contemplating also doing Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. (Those cutlasses would rawk if done right...)

Aleathia Burns
08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
T-minus 4 days and pouting..uhhh I mean counting.

Neo Dave
08-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Less then 48 hours..... :)

AshleyV
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
I hope that everyone has a safe trip to DragonCon. I'll be starting my journey tomorrow afternoon with my brother.

_T3_
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Less then 48 hours..... :)

And I just now finally finsished the final touches on my costume! Awesome.

fightstar
08-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I hope that everyone has a safe trip to DragonCon. I'll be starting my journey tomorrow afternoon with my brother.

Here here!! Be safe everyone and I hope to see and meet you all at D*Con!

RobTheStampede
08-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Then after that with me from my house with you and your bro ^_^

reannaremick
08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Last post before the con! I've got a ton to do tomorrow before I leave, so see ya'll there!

kelldar
09-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm leaving for the airport now - I'll be to the airport by around 4:30 this afternoon (won't be around the hotel tonight though - we're going to see Phantom of the Opera!) See you guys tomorrow! Everyone travel safe!! :)

a-tastic
09-01-2005, 10:43 AM
:) see everyone tomorrow: travel safe!

ps-- i'm driving down from chattanooga- how evil do you think the traffic will be in the morning (friday)? any slacking off in the cars what with the crazy gas price gouging?

Joanie
08-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm going :D

R-chan
08-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm hope to go too!

Ichigo_Kurosaki
08-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm going ^^

AshleyV
08-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I can't remember if I have already posted in this thread but both my brother and myself will be at DragonCon!

reannaremick
08-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I'll definitely be there. Dragon Con #11 for me ^_^

Mandy Mitchell
08-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I'll be going to Dragon*Con for the very first time! I can't wait to see the Harry Potter actors, the D*C parade, and the Masquerade!

dagmarus
08-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Missing Dragoncon would be like Missing my own funeral. It's impossible for me.

JStrater
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm there! D*Con #3!

Amechan
08-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Me! I'm going!

TheDemon2300
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I'll be going. D*Con number 2 for me. Working parade staff again this year, so be sure and say "hi" if ya happen by the parade table on Friday.

BelleChere
08-20-2006, 11:16 PM
My husband and I will be there! First timers, but I'm sure it'll definitely not be the last - we've wanted to do this since we were 14 (23 now)! So excited. Driving down from NH - the car is cheaper than airfare!

EDIT: HAH! I just noticed when this post started. 2004. Whoops?

TheDemon2300
08-21-2006, 01:14 AM
lol, what matters is not when it was started, but when the last post was made...you're the 11th one to post in the thread this year.

Dany
08-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, talk about thread resurrection ;)

Ahwell...at least we're well-contained over here.

Blakrose
08-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I will be there. I will only be wearing Lolita, except I might wear a Tribe costume one day.

But at least one day most my dolls will all be doing Naruto characters, Temari, Naruto, Kakashi, Baby Gaara & Gaara, at least one day. One of my tiny dolls does a great Inuyasha.

I wish I could get my loveless costumes for my dolls done, but I am having a a heck of a time getting the little green over shirt to fit over the black turtle neck. I am on my second try. And I have to find a better fur wig, the ears just don't stand up on the one I have. I ned a better source of fake fur.

crimsonvision
08-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I'll be there! Yay!

Lady Skywalker
08-21-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm coming!!! woo hoo!!

Aleathia Burns
08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll be there Saturday and on thru Monday!!!! Party central!!!!

Dany
08-22-2006, 12:42 AM
I figure it's already obvious, but I'm a sheep. Baaah.

My sweetie and I will be in attendance starting Thursday evening, and will leave ungodly early on Monday morning. Stinky, I know, but hey, it is what it is and saves us some hotel moolah.

Now then...I am going to go clean dusty stuff off of me and lament for the destruction of the cleanliness of my home. It really looks like a tornado hit in here.

Hikaruchan
08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
As usual, I will be there. I will arrive sometime on Thursday evening and will be there til Monday afternoon.

KNIVES5991
08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
i'll be there. ^__________^

RyeCrimsonMoon
08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll be there on Sunday (My Birthday! :D Presents are always welcome! ^_^). Now, I duno about the rest of my party, but thats when I'll be there XD

NausicaaBlue
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Yay, I'll be there! Friday thru Monday, and I'll be marching in the parade as Zoe from classic Doctor Who - look for the sparkly catsuit! :bigtu:

fightstar
08-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I hope everyone has loaded up on their, vitamins, Omega 3s, anti-acids, pepto, Zicam, and whatever else so that you do NOT get sick and enjoy the wondeful moments in time that is Dragon Con 2K6!! Sorry to sound like a 'worry wart' or 'your mother's voice' , but I do want everyone to forget the outside world, if only for a bit, and enjoy themselves. As wonderful as Dragon Con is can you blame me?

Darth Takeo
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope everyone has loaded up on their, vitamins, Omega 3s, anti-acids, pepto, Zicam, and whatever else so that you do NOT get sick and enjoy the wondeful moments in time that is Dragon Con 2K6!! Sorry to sound like a 'worry wart' or 'your mother's voice' , but I do want everyone to forget the outside world, if only for a bit, and enjoy themselves. As wonderful as Dragon Con is can you blame me?
:bigtu:

Great advce!

...also get plenty of rest in these last few days before the con. Personally, I don't see myself spending a lot of time sleeping while in Atlanta!

:cheers:

The Kraken
08-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I'll be there very early Thursday morning. Look for me in the Hyatt lobby in costume that afternoon for a little bit, then our big group reveal is Friday night. Come say hello if you see me!

Aleathia Burns
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
T- minus 1 day and counting ( at the same time shouting) hey I made a rhyme!!!