PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Dragon*Con Parade

Ragresen
05-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Ok There will be an Official 3rd annual Dragon Con Parade this year. This is direct from the web site on the information for the Parade so far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Annual Dragon*Con Parade

Director: Marilyn Teague

Too huge to be contained, last year’s convention poured over into the streets of downtown Atlanta in the form of our very first parade!

Such confusion and hysteria of the local “mundanes” has not been seen since the 1938 radio broadcast of H.G. Well's War of the Worlds by Orson Wells… well, at least until they remembered Dragon*Con was in town. Then people gathered from all around to witness the party, Janny Wurts playing pipes while the entire 501st Stormtroopers marched behind, followed by Klingons, Starfleet officers, fairies, pixies, aliens, and musketeers.

The best news is: we’re doing it again! Come join us Saturday morning at 10:00 AM and experience the mystic that's the Dragon*Con Parade!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

kelldar
05-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Man the parade was so awesome last year.
I won't be able to march with cosplay.com this year though, I'm promised to the LOTR group...

Aleathia Burns
05-27-2004, 03:15 PM
I definately will be there!!!!! :rockon: :jjacks: :bigtu:

KirinPandora
05-27-2004, 03:37 PM
durn, I'm also doing LOTR this year.
But yeah it was totally fun last year, everyone who is costume should come join in.

Aleathia Burns
05-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I plan on doing a Final Fantasy x theme and I hope I can get a huge group to march in the parade. Come to think of it, it would be excellent to have a mixtrue of Final Fantasy chracters from either sequels to attend the parade. That would be cool!!!! :rockon: :jjacks: :bigtu:

CapsuleCorp
05-27-2004, 10:54 PM
If you guys do organize a parade entry for cosplay.com/anime, I would be happy to mail someone the banner we used last year. It actually came back in good shape with me and can easily be used again.

Damn, I know there was a link to a funny pic of me holding it on LLNN last year...I'll try to find it one of these days...

Ragresen
05-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Well if we do not get much intrest in a Cosplay.com Group I will likely either attend with my camera or join the parade with the 501st contigent as I did last year. I was only 1 of 50 some Stormtroopers :)

Carmila
05-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Gosh, if I do go w/you all in the parade, I will have to think... I don't have a thing to wear! *gets sewing fast*

kitsunered
06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I think I'll sit out the parade this year. I was in it last year for a gaming company I did some work for and really didn't enjoy myself. It was too early in the morning and too far to walk in the heat, especially at such a slow pace in such heavy costuming. Nope. I'd rather watch it this year from the sidelines.

My boyfriend got some good pics of the parade last year, however, including the Cosplay.com group. They're in my Fotki albums here (http://public.fotki.com/Kitsune/) and here (http://public.fotki.com/lightningfox/) if you guys haven't seen them.

-K

Carmila
06-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Aw, but you have to see the cosplay.com banner. It is so pretty, and we should show our cosplay pride!

aaobuttons
06-19-2004, 03:16 PM
I plan on doing a Final Fantasy x theme and I hope I can get a huge group to march in the parade. Come to think of it, it would be excellent to have a mixtrue of Final Fantasy chracters from either sequels to attend the parade. That would be cool!!!! :rockon: :jjacks: :bigtu:

If the weather is good I'll join your FF group. I plan on going as Lulu, but if the ground is wet or anything I won't take it outside cause the bottom of the skirting drags the ground.

Aleathia Burns
06-19-2004, 05:45 PM
If the weather is good I'll join your FF group. I plan on going as Lulu, but if the ground is wet or anything I won't take it outside cause the bottom of the skirting drags the ground.

Yaaaaay now we're talking, I guess I can come as Summoner Yuna again that way there be a Rikku, Yuna, and a LuLu. Besides the more the merrier and if there are six LuLu's that would be even better. By the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" :jjacks:

RobTheStampede
06-19-2004, 11:29 PM
hey ill be there ^_^

aaobuttons
06-22-2004, 11:43 PM
By the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" :jjacks:

Thanks, thats sweet of you to notice!

Cool Scary Guy
06-27-2004, 08:45 PM
I was going to be in it with the Marines but i cant be in it and help video it so i'm going to be on the sidelines this year

Aleathia Burns
06-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Alright guys I found 20 bucks burning a hole in my pocket so I visited Fabric World and i have decided to come as White Mage Yuna for the parade. So I will be doing three Final Fantasy cosplays.

White Mage Yuna :bigtu:
LuLu :jjacks:
Wedding Day Yuna :)

Heather
07-02-2004, 07:01 PM
I can probably con my two friends into being in the parade. We're gonna be three characters from Jet Set Radio Future --- we'll be on rollerblades. Hehehe~

Hopefully cosplay.com will have a group again this year! :cool:

Schuldig
07-03-2004, 12:44 AM
I would love to have our Rainbow Brite group in the parade *___*

Aleathia Burns
07-03-2004, 09:00 PM
I can probably con my two friends into being in the parade. We're gonna be three characters from Jet Set Radio Future --- we'll be on rollerblades. Hehehe~

Hopefully cosplay.com will have a group again this year! :cool:

Now that will make the parade more fun. I love to see you guys on rollerblades. May I suggest silly string as a sustitute for spray paint that way it can look like you guys are tagging the town. Now that is what I call legalized graffit!!! :jjacks: :love:

SuthrnBelleChan
07-12-2004, 12:01 AM
I'll join in ^_^ someone just call me like an hour before so i can get ready lol I might wear my gun mage rikku ^_^

SuthrnBelleChan
07-12-2004, 12:04 AM
BTW< if there's no Cosplay.Com banner, and everyone who wants to be int he parade chip in a little i can get us one made

QueenAleta
08-11-2004, 10:36 AM
I'd gladly be in the parade if my Lum costume is ready in time.

Eurobeat King
08-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Admin & Aeris are going, but not sure if they're bringing the banner or not that they use for the c.com group photoshoot. If they do bring it, we could use that for the parade. I myself may not walk in the parade, but rather get pics of everyone who will be participating in it, including of course, members of cosplay.com. :)

Ravien
08-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I would do the parade but...

I'll be watching Saturday morning cartoons with Space Ghost (George Lowe)

Space Ghost beats walking around Atlanta :P Plus I get to wear PJs and eat cereal :)

Aleathia Burns
08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
:cool: Ahhh the oppourtunity to march into the streets of Atlanta; piqueing people's curiosty and sanity again. Man I can't wait!!!!! :jjacks:

Ragresen
08-11-2004, 10:50 PM
I have a neat banner coming from Capsulcorp that was used last year. I am also sure I bring out Jinto for the Parade. I just do not feeling like walking in my Trooper Armor this year. I will save that for the big 501st parade that happens before their picture on sunday.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-12-2004, 09:09 AM
I can't wait ^_^ I'll probably wear my Count D costume for it, it's less hot and it looks so pretty!!

Masami
08-17-2004, 02:05 AM
My group and I are joining onto the cosplay.com section ^_^

I don't know what we are wearing yet.. but we are def. going to be in the parade!!

=D This is going to be great!!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Where will we meet and when??

Ragresen
08-17-2004, 07:55 PM
It is a shame that the 501st gets to be the end slot for the parade. One of us needs to get in touch with the Con Parade folks and get them information I think.

Masami
08-17-2004, 10:06 PM
I've never been in the parade (I always slept in =D) So I have no idea when the parade line-up occurs.. We could plan to meet 15-20 mins PRIOR to the actual line-up, to finialize everything =)

Btw- Are we going to get the old banner from last year? I saw pics of it and it looks perfect! ^_^

Ragresen
08-18-2004, 07:45 AM
I've never been in the parade (I always slept in =D) So I have no idea when the parade line-up occurs.. We could plan to meet 15-20 mins PRIOR to the actual line-up, to finialize everything =)

Btw- Are we going to get the old banner from last year? I saw pics of it and it looks perfect! ^_^

I just have to make sure it is getting sent to me, but yes Last years banner is planned to be present.

Also I have sent an Email to the person in charge of the Parade to find out what we need to get to them for entry to the parade. I will hopefully have information soon for us all.

Hikaruchan
08-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I sent an email on 8/11 to mwteague@usa.net trying to get information - no luck so far just like last year. Think last year information had to be had from Star Wars group, as we weren't getting any response.

Eurobeat King
08-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Admin & I will probably be taking pictures of everyone participating in the parade, although i may walk with everyone in the parade and occasionally dash out of formation to take pics of everyone in the c.com group (if there are any stop-n-go moments), and then dash back to walk with everyone else. (I do that usually for the Cherry Blossom Festival parade here in SF, CA) But it's unsure if I will do that for Dragoncon, since I'd like to get pics of the other groups in the parade, like the 501st. :)

Again, for the c.com banner in the parade, it's up to Admin & Aeris if they plan to bring the banner they made and use at cons. I saw pics of the banner from Dragoncon last year and it looks very nice. Since Admin will be going this year, it's up to him to decide which banner to use. He should reply here about this before the con arrives.

Ragresen
08-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Well I have made arrangements for getting the one from last year banner wise.

And EBK as to501st pictures There is a bvetter tiem to get shots of them than the parade. it will not be as large a group as what you will get when they do their own parade sunday and then form for a very large group picture.

Eurobeat King
08-19-2004, 03:00 AM
Ragresen: Oh, I've taken pics of the 501st gatherings before at Wondercon and SDCC, and some of those members have seen my pics and liked them here on c.com, so I'll be there to take pics of them at both their own parade and the big parade. The big gathering photoshoot they do I'm usually there for pictures, since some of my friends who are SW fans like the pics I take of their costumes. ;)

SuthrnBelleChan
08-19-2004, 08:43 AM
The 501st parade is always great fun ^_^ We could so make EBK look like a pimp in the parade lol, all us girls nad 1 guy, fellas will be like "Dang! I wanna join this cosplay.com" lol

Ragresen
08-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Furrows brow a little. 1 guy and all Gals. Guess that means I should armor up and walk the aparade with the 501st then????? I am very male and was going to pull out my Jinto Costume for the Parade. :)

Aleathia Burns
08-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Ahhh the handsome debunare Eurobeat King!!!! I got first dibbs on his right arm!!!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
I get the left arm! LOL And Ragresen you can still join hehe we can have 2 pimps ^_^

Carmila
08-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Furrows brow a little. 1 guy and all Gals. Guess that means I should armor up and walk the aparade with the 501st then????? I am very male and was going to pull out my Jinto Costume for the Parade. :)

Rags! After all the work that got put into Jinto you are wearing it if I have to force you into it!

With all the FF people, should I wear PopStar Rikku or fit the Chii Sterotype...Hum Decisions, Decisions....

Ragresen
08-20-2004, 06:27 AM
I am still wearing Jinto. the 501st can have me for their big picture on sunday before we spend 2 hours getting me into Kozi for sunday night. Or Better yet Carm we could put me into make up sunday before I pull out my gunner or Trooper and have me look like a freak or the 501st picture with my helmet off. As fun as that sounds I think I will not.

Aleathia Burns
08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
I get the left arm! LOL And Ragresen you can still join hehe we can have 2 pimps ^_^
Ahhhh... now your talking SuthrnBellechan, buy one and get the other one free!!! :thumbsup: :jjacks:

dagmarus
08-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Definately doing the parade this year. I'm debating on whether to march with the Colonial Marines or the LOTR group..

Ragresen
09-01-2004, 11:47 AM
I have the banner for the parade. Now I just gotta be awake for the Parade :)

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 04:30 PM
lol i can call ya and wake ya up lol cuz i'll already be up bright and early hehe

YunaBrat - Amen chica!!

kelldar
09-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Let's just hope it's not a rain out x_x

Aleathia Burns
09-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Man I hope the weather's O.k and I can make the parade. But of course I will look forward to seeing you guys.

Carmila
09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh so true. I keep watching the weather channel to see exactly what things are going to do for this weekend and the parade.

Ragresen
09-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Well I am here when I should be packing and yes since Carmila is staying with me I should make it unless we both end up sleeping in as we both do what is fun at DC late nights and hit too many parties.

SuthrnBelleChan
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
LOL there's nothign like a D*C party lol seriously nothign matches it. I can't wait to se ya both! *hugs*

Everyoen don't forget the musical ^_^ (cna you tell i'm a little excited about it?) lol

Aleathia Burns
09-02-2004, 08:16 PM
I may not be able to march in the Prade but I will be able to observe it so look out for a Lulu kay. :rockon:

Ascath
09-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Man the parade was so awesome last year.
I won't be able to march with cosplay.com this year though, I'm promised to the LOTR group...

I was with the LotR group as well, I wonder if I saw you..