PDA

View Full Version : Bring your laptops!

DJReznorX
05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
For those with laptops and a wireless network card, you'll be pleased to know the hotel this year has LOADS of wireless access point all over the hotel, providing free high-speed internet. And if you're lugging along your desktop computer(s) like I am, you'll also enjoy wired ports in each of the hotel rooms.

And in the event something happens to their wireless network, I still have my own access point with me. :rockon:

MonoyashaJLA
05-28-2004, 10:28 PM
yes, wireless internet is the bomb, In fact thats how im writing thi post... o^-^o

Xavier
05-30-2004, 11:33 PM
The wireless was interesting :) ... you could see other people's drive on the network if they shared the C drive.

sneskid
05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Not having a laptop (and of course not having a wireless NIC), I was a total dork and brought my G4 tower, a 15" monitor, and my router (if anyone else in the room wanted to share the connection) to the room I was staying in. I noticed that the ping rates were less than acceptable, but hey for $2 (that's included in the rates anyway) it's not bad!

Toffeemuffin
06-03-2004, 02:14 AM
Y'know, that would've been useful information for me, had I known at the time. Then again, the only way I would want to carry around my laptop was if I were cosplaying as Edward ;)