PDA

View Full Version : Costumes! - What are you wearing?

Heather
05-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Alright everyone! What costumes are you bringing to D*C?

I'm sure my list will change 4938903289034 times before then... but for now.

- my Tribe outfit (if some of the cast is going to be there again)
- Hannah Solo (my girl version of Han Solo :D)
- Murphy of The Boondock Saints (with my buddy as Connor)
- Rapid 99 of Jet Set Radio Future (roller blading during the parade!!)
- another Star Wars costume (not sure of what yet!)

What about everyone else? :bigtu:

Ragresen
05-28-2004, 10:23 AM
My Official List that may change

Kozi of Malice Mizer from the LeCeil Video
Stormtrooper Armor
Deathstar Gunner
Kris Kristopher from Battle athletes in School Uniform
Jinto from Creast of the Stars

kelldar
05-28-2004, 10:42 AM
mine, too, is totally subject to change :D
Ozma of Oz
Phoenix from X-Men
Shadowcat from X-Men Age of Apocalypse
Arwen Wedding Dress
Padme Battle suit from Ep II
Padme Wedding Dress
Lessa from Pern
Anna from Van Helsing

bleh

HealerKou
05-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Mine is subject to change, too. ^_^ But since this is my first Dragon*Con I plan on taking FULL advantage of the non-anime-ness!

A couple versions of Linsner's Dawn
Elektra
Lydia (Beetlejuice animated series version)
My Little Pony Girl
Femme Robin (Spoiler version)

aaobuttons
05-30-2004, 10:41 AM
This will be my first time Cosplaying at an event. I'm so excited. I got inspired to start from DragonCon last year. I just so enjoyed watching the people dressed up and posing for pictures. This year I'm going as:

Lulu (FFX) Main costume as I'm putting so much time and money into it.

Green Dragonrider Mirrim (Dragonriders of Pern) This is the costume I'm going to be wearing to most of the Weyrfest events.

Fairy (maybe Summer fairy with a Seasonal Fairy Group) I have to get a pic of me in my gear and see if they want to include me as "Summer".

I kinda also want to have my husband and myself go as Jesse and James from Team Rocket (Pokemon) but that one is a maybe. I don't have time to make them, so I would have to find them for sale somewhere pretty cheap.

RobTheStampede
05-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Punisher from the new movie and Alucard from hellsing it might add some more later
^ ^'''

Schuldig
06-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I can't wait to go this year. This is my list so far:

(subject to change or make me go insane)

LaLa Orange (for our Rainbow Brite color kids group)
Claudia (Anne Rice cast)
Satine (pink "sparkling diamonds" Moulin Rouge costume)
Marilyn Monroe ("Diamonds are a girl's best friend" pink dress)
Anita Blake (Anita Blake group/Cereulean Sins)
Dawn for the contest

and maybe if I feel like it, I'll finish my Evolutions Kurt (Nightcrawler) to run around in late or very early in the day. I might even be tempted to bring along my Hermione costume since I'm sure everyone will be bringing up their own Harry Potter costumes. I'm sure there's a costume I missed. I coulda sworn my Dragon*con list was longer.

Ravien
06-02-2004, 11:54 AM
My Costumes:

Ogre Fiona
Dawn (for contest again)
Sour Grapes (for American McGee's SS Group)
Ritz Malheur
Kim Possible

I also thought about doing a Crazy 88, but that all depends on how many I can get to mob together :P

kitsunered
06-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Dawn (for contest).
Dawn again (different hall costume).
Trouble, my fire fairy original creation.
Ravenclaw Student from Harry Potter.
Possibly Jenny Sparks, since Warren Ellis is showing up. Depends on time and money.

I wanted to do a Blink costume from Age of Apocolipse, but I'm not sure if I can afford it this year. It may end up being put on the backburner until next year, along with my Silk Spectre (Watchmen) costume.

Since I'm unemployed at the moment, the costumes above are the only ones I can afford to do. Maybe that will change when it gets closer to convention time.

-K
(P.S. - Ravien, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Ogre Fiona costume. I always thought she looked better as an ogre and was hoping someone would do that version.)

Ravien
06-02-2004, 04:01 PM
(P.S. - Ravien, I'm really looking forward to seeing your Ogre Fiona costume. I always thought she looked better as an ogre and was hoping someone would do that version.)

Alot of people say I look like her (just not as green ;) )

I think she's beautiful as an ogre, maybe even moreso then when she's a human.

I'll be doing the purple dress from the beginning of Shrek 2 (since green silk velvet is too expensive) and I'll be using Ben Nye cake makeup to turn my skin green ;)

Does anyone know if the green stains the skin? I'd hate to have green skin for Dawn so I'll have to plan costumes accordingly...

kitsunered
06-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Alot of people say I look like her (just not as green ;) )

I think she's beautiful as an ogre, maybe even moreso then when she's a human.

I'll be doing the purple dress from the beginning of Shrek 2 (since green silk velvet is too expensive) and I'll be using Ben Nye cake makeup to turn my skin green ;)

Does anyone know if the green stains the skin? I'd hate to have green skin for Dawn so I'll have to plan costumes accordingly...

I agree. She looks much better as an ogre. And I haven't had any problems with Ben Nye staining me at all except the orange and red, so I think you're safe.

-K

Eurobeat King
06-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Posted from another Dragoncon thread:

I might just bring 2 costumes: Shinji Ikari for the anime fans, and Hibiki Takane for the video-game fans. It'd be cool to take some pics with some Star Wars cosplayers like some Jedi Knights, to match their lightsabers with my cane-sword.. hehe

DarkindDreamer
06-03-2004, 03:14 AM
well this will actually be my first con, was going to go to animazment but funds got tied up with a roomie skipping town so we had to cover his rent and crapp.....

so.. as of what i have already and plan to bring:
Heartless Rikku (KH)
Elrond (LOTR)
Ichabod Crane (sleepy hollow) .. need to make glasses

.. i was going to do Lulu but since i see one person already doing it i'm sure when the time comes there wil been tons of Lulu's so i'll probabaly hold that out and do Elphaba from the Musical Wicked.. making her second act dress (i love the textures and layers) but making it a little more to my own likings. So i'll be in the same boat as Ravien with the green skin...
probably do a Crossplay of Dawn.. hehe.. something original for the contest.. since i have gotten hit on by guys at the local bars here in full drag i would love to see if the judges would even really notice.. plusi have her figure and could pull her off.

i'm sure things will change but i think i'm pretty set on the pieces i'm having to make.. and i have time . woooooooooo

Ragresen
06-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Posted from another Dragoncon thread:

I might just bring 2 costumes: Shinji Ikari for the anime fans, and Hibiki Takane for the video-game fans. It'd be cool to take some pics with some Star Wars cosplayers like some Jedi Knights, to match their lightsabers with my cane-sword.. hehe

Hey Al I can up that even a bit better for ya than matching up your cain to a Whimpy Jedi Knight. I am sure I would pull out my own with my Stormtrooper Armor for fun or let you and one of my friend that do a Sith Lord match up aginst ya. Trust me the darkside is much more fun.

Ragresen
06-03-2004, 12:38 PM
well this will actually be my first con, was going to go to animazment but funds got tied up with a roomie skipping town so we had to cover his rent and crapp.....

so.. as of what i have already and plan to bring:
Heartless Rikku (KH)
Elrond (LOTR)
Ichabod Crane (sleepy hollow) .. need to make glasses

.. i was going to do Lulu but since i see one person already doing it i'm sure when the time comes there wil been tons of Lulu's so i'll probabaly hold that out and do Elphaba from the Musical Wicked.. making her second act dress (i love the textures and layers) but making it a little more to my own likings. So i'll be in the same boat as Ravien with the green skin...
probably do a Crossplay of Dawn.. hehe.. something original for the contest.. since i have gotten hit on by guys at the local bars here in full drag i would love to see if the judges would even really notice.. plusi have her figure and could pull her off.

i'm sure things will change but i think i'm pretty set on the pieces i'm having to make.. and i have time . woooooooooo

First off Anime based stuff is sort of Rare at Dragon Con so far. Last year there was only one lulu I saw then entire convention. So bring along your Lulu if you have one. Dragon Con is a good Con to bring your best stuff out for. As to Dawn Crossplay for the Contest it has been done before, but not on a really serious note yet. Best of Luck with it as the winners from the last two years had great costumes and was showing much skin. I think because Dawn is known for showing skin those costumes get better points at the Contest.

Now After Staurday night I will likly have red and black staining about my eyes as I will have worn my Kozi LeCeil during the Masqurade or the after gathering that happens. I will not enter the Masqurade as mainly most will have littly clue or apprecation for a Jrock cosplay But a lot of my friends in the 501st and others that attend the Con all think it is the best costume to wear at the time I will and I agree.

IXArachneXI
06-03-2004, 07:24 PM
I want to do the outfit from Azumanga Daioh, and I'm debating if I want to bring my Kaede costume from Inuyasha. Everyone loved it at Animazement, but between the wig and eyepatch, I was sooo uncomfortable.

Lafiel
06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
This is my first time attending this convention. I hope I can make it out there.
If I do go.. Not to sure what I will wear some of these... probably narrow it down later :) I need to pick the ones I can get into by myself easily.

Eclair Kiddy grade
Rosette Chrno Crusade
Lafiel (2nd season) Crest of the stars
Dark Anko from Naruto
MLP girl
Maybe White Lily from Legend.

kitsunered
06-04-2004, 03:15 PM
As to Dawn Crossplay for the Contest it has been done before, but not on a really serious note yet. Best of Luck with it as the winners from the last two years had great costumes and was showing much skin. I think because Dawn is known for showing skin those costumes get better points at the Contest.

Actually, that's not exactly true. Rob, who won "Most Outrageous" in 2002 was pretty serious about his crossplaying. He really wanted to make sure he looked good. There have been one or two other guys in the contest who were also serious and very good (some of them couldn't be told from women unless you were right on top of them). Occasionally a guy will do it as a joke (like last year's "Dawn of the Dead"... which was pretty funny), but there have actually been more men competing seriously than jokingly.

Also, if you look at the actual winners (http://www.linsner.com/dawncontest.asp) of the contest over the previous years, they aren't showing a lot of skin. In fact, last year's winner was completely covered from neck to foot. I agree that sex appeal and how you carry yourself is a big part of it, but someone is capable of doing that just as well covered up as naked. :)

-K

Ravien
06-05-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure if everyone knows about this group or not, but I'd like to encourage all of next year's Dawn contestants to join the LJ community, dawn_lookalikes. That is, if you have a livejournal, which alot of us do.

It's a great place and friendly and helpful, especially for first timers :)

There's also links to Dawn photo galleries if you have yet to pick out your costume. (I know, most of us picked it out right after DragonCon last year :P )

Good luck to all the potential Dawns :)

Ragresen
06-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Actually, that's not exactly true. Rob, who won "Most Outrageous" in 2002 was pretty serious about his crossplaying. He really wanted to make sure he looked good. There have been one or two other guys in the contest who were also serious and very good (some of them couldn't be told from women unless you were right on top of them). Occasionally a guy will do it as a joke (like last year's "Dawn of the Dead"... which was pretty funny), but there have actually been more men competing seriously than jokingly.

Also, if you look at the actual winners (http://www.linsner.com/dawncontest.asp) of the contest over the previous years, they aren't showing a lot of skin. In fact, last year's winner was completely covered from neck to foot. I agree that sex appeal and how you carry yourself is a big part of it, but someone is capable of doing that just as well covered up as naked. :)

-K

Ok I stand corrected then. I am not the expert on the contest but have enjoyed seeing the work that is put into the costumes.

Lady
06-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Here's the list right now:

Vaysh - Storm Constantine's Wraeththu series
(spoiler) Maya - RahXephon
Haku - Naruto

I considered bringing Dom Aeris, but I don't know that I'd want to lug 4 complete costumes to this con. (And I -really- don't want to have to deal with those boots of pain!*laughs*)

ZiggyB
06-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Lady: The boots? What about an all vinyl outfit? Wouldn't that be death in Atlanta weather? :)

Oh, and I might be going to Dragon*Con... so maybe I will come back and post my costume list when I'm sure. :>

Lady
06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Lady: The boots? What about an all vinyl outfit? Wouldn't that be death in Atlanta weather? :)

No idea!*nods and laughs* I was OK when I wore it in Baltimore, though I was indoors with air conditioning 99% of the time...I'm rooming in one of the con hotels, so I guess it wouldn't be -too- bad...

Oh, and I might be going to Dragon*Con... so maybe I will come back and post my costume list when I'm sure. :>

Bring something shiny! *throws glitter*

Carmila
06-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Ok, I think I am going to just bring a few:

Carmila - VHD:B
Kurumi - Steel Angel Kurumi
Taki - SC2
Chii - Chobits

Maybe an EGL. Taki is going to take up enough of my time, that I am not really working on anything else new.

Aleathia Burns
06-09-2004, 12:21 PM
This will be my first time Cosplaying at an event. I'm so excited. I got inspired to start from DragonCon last year. I just so enjoyed watching the people dressed up and posing for pictures. This year I'm going as:

Lulu (FFX) Main costume as I'm putting so much time and money into it.

Green Dragonrider Mirrim (Dragonriders of Pern) This is the costume I'm going to be wearing to most of the Weyrfest events.

Fairy (maybe Summer fairy with a Seasonal Fairy Group) I have to get a pic of me in my gear and see if they want to include me as "Summer".

I kinda also want to have my husband and myself go as Jesse and James from Team Rocket (Pokemon) but that one is a maybe. I don't have time to make them, so I would have to find them for sale somewhere pretty cheap.

You're comeing as Lulu super sweet. Finally more Final fantasy x cosplayers this year oh and by the way LuLu may end up having a twin sister at the con cuz I am cosplaying her as well. And I am also coming as wedding day Yuna. :jjacks:

sarabug
06-15-2004, 10:00 AM
ok, dragoncon is the big one for me, so here's my monster list that as of yet will not be trimmed down any further than this...:
.ginny weasley quidditch uniform
.dark phoenix
.dawn (contest)
.eve &
.gunwitch from the nocturnals
.julie from the maxx
.satyr
.red star sprite from rainbow brite
.blueberry muff (returning from last year)

it's going to be a tight schedule, but it does work out timewise over a 4 day con!

KirinPandora
06-15-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm probably bringing my Han Solo... maybe my Alucard.
I want to make an X-Wing Pilot before Comic Con but I don't know if I'll finish it... if I do I hope to have it for Dragoncon.
New for Dragoncon I want to make Figwit from LOTR and another for the masq.

Aleathia Burns
06-15-2004, 02:11 PM
ok, dragoncon is the big one for me, so here's my monster list that as of yet will not be trimmed down any further than this...:
.ginny weasley quidditch uniform
.dark phoenix
.dawn (contest)
.eve &
.gunwitch from the nocturnals
.julie from the maxx
.satyr
.red star sprite from rainbow brite
.blueberry muff (returning from last year)

it's going to be a tight schedule, but it does work out timewise over a 4 day con!

As a big fan of the x-men seris since my birth ( o.k when I was six, just being dramatic here) I humbly, no I beseech you that you please come as DARK PHONIEX. Every year I look forward to seeing at least an old school X-men character, cuz I wish I had a way of finding some gold boots, cuz I may be thinking about making a marvel girl outfit. :jjacks: :bigtu:

Aleathia Burns
06-15-2004, 02:16 PM
By the way I was just thinking maybe it would be sweet if a J-ROCK group entered the masqurade this year, and Darkkinddreamer, come as LuLu Please!!!!! Final Fantasy is rare at Dragon Con so we need more Final Fantasy Cosplayers.

Dementia
06-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Okay here's my official list:

Dawn (contest)
Batgirl (60's version)
Purgatori
Gothic Lolita Swiss Miss
American McGee's Strawberry Shortcake
Dame Vaako (Chronicles of Riddick)

Arenyth
06-23-2004, 02:25 AM
If I get to go, I may be involved in a Hellsing group.
But otherwise, I want to do AngelSanctuary: haven't chosen who yet, most likely a demon or Metatron

Serion
07-05-2004, 05:59 AM
A friend of mine is going as Static Shock, of the cartoon series...hopefully I'll get my costume done in time to go as Gear...it'll be something new for the con ;)

Xel
07-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Im hoping to have a few costumes
but the ones im excited about are

Pai's "Wu" Fujii Yakumo from Sazan eyes
Ichi's Kakihara
and for some reason Wolfwood keeps popping my head and getting rejected.

but it would be cool to do a big Batoru Rowaiaru if there were enough people to make it worthwhile

wickedtangerine
07-10-2004, 08:20 PM
This'll be my second Dragoncon and I completely ready for it.
Have a ton of costumes and Im not sure how many I should bring and which ones they should be. Some of them go with what my friend is wearing (hopefully she can make it, it's looking like a yes but nothing is definate.)

- Severus Snape (hopefully my Remus can make it *crosses fingers*)
- (in the works) Jack Sparrow
- (in the works) Anthy Hememiya (Rose Bride) (Utena Revolutionary Girl)
- Murphy Macmanus (Boondock Saints) (*crosses fingers for her Connor*)
- Agent Sands (with bloody sockets) (*crosses fingers for her Corso*)
- Scud (Blade2) (*crossing fingers for her Deacon Frost*)
- Emmett Honeycutt (Queer as Folk, US)

Czygany
07-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi there! I was hoping that I could perhaps get a ruling on a costume idea of mine for Dragon*Con. As I've mentioned elsewhere I'm not familiar with this con but I'm hoping to choose a costume that would fit in. (Then I cross my fingers I can still go *giggle!*) I would really love to hear some peoples opinion on if this would be an appropriate costume for DC. Thanks!!!

So, I'm a big fan of fantasy artist Amy Brown and she paints some of the cutest outfits on her characters. I've been meaning to try constructing some costumes based on her art for quite awhile now and thought maybe DC would be a good place to wear one. After much deliberation I think that this is the costume I would choose to make.

Hikaruchan
07-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I think that would fit in just fine. In fact, it looks like it could be a good counterpart to a costume I saw last year.

SpikeSpiegel
07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Just bringing one costume, Barbecue from G.I. JOE and maybe a suit to be 'Mulder'.

The_Balrog
07-11-2004, 10:00 PM
oK, I'm planning to be some or all of these...

Balrog
Stepford Wife
Wendy (Peter Pan) ?
Jem ?

Not sure yet on the final costumes since working staff would be a pain in full wings and tail. None the less I'm going to try to do Jem. Maybe get my sister to be Kimberly if she wants to. They are pretty easy costumes over all.

LOTR FANS: Please join the parade group...we need an army!! I know may of you are joining us and others will soon. So come and march with other LOTR fans under banners of Middle Earth. So singing hobbits maybe included.

dagmarus
07-14-2004, 01:30 AM
This year, I'll be bringing my Arrakis Fremen, SWAT gear, Colonial Marine Armor, Aragorn (FOTR and TTT versions), my Bill S. Preston costume, my Emporer Palpatine (not gonna be wearing that one long...), and I believe that'll do it for this year. Odds are a lot of them will end up being pushed aside due to my love of the Aragorn and Marine armor, just like last year. But hey, I'll have a my Utili-kilt all rearin' to go for down time!

sarabug
07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Czygany :

i think that would be a wonderfully appropriate costume for dragoncon, in fact, i'm quite certain a friend of mine is working on a costume of a piece of art by the same artist......you'll fit in just fine!

Czygany
07-16-2004, 12:19 AM
I think that would fit in just fine. In fact, it looks like it could be a good counterpart to a costume I saw last year.

Czygany :

i think that would be a wonderfully appropriate costume for dragoncon, in fact, i'm quite certain a friend of mine is working on a costume of a piece of art by the same artist......you'll fit in just fine!

Cool!!! Thank you both soooo very much for the encouragement! I'm glad to know that my idea will be welcomed with con-relevent arms *giggle* ...so, uh, yeah, I guess now that means I just gotta construct the silly thing in time...*big grin**looks around nervously**laugh!* ...eh, *shrug* I got nothing better to do in August and sleep's overrated anyways *wink* Go me! ...*afterthought*...'I will do my best' *resolute anime grunt/nod*

IXArachneXI
07-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Any Slytherins out there? Maybe we can do a photo shoot?

Ravien
07-16-2004, 08:56 AM
I considered bringing Dom Aeris, but I don't know that I'd want to lug 4 complete costumes to this con. (And I -really- don't want to have to deal with those boots of pain!*laughs*)

I think you should bring it...I think it would be well received by the DragonCon crowd...after dark the fetish wear starts to come out ;)

Get some gel insoles for the boots :P

Aleathia Burns
07-17-2004, 01:53 PM
oK, I'm planning to be some or all of these...

Balrog
Stepford Wife
Wendy (Peter Pan) ?
Jem ?

Not sure yet on the final costumes since working staff would be a pain in full wings and tail. None the less I'm going to try to do Jem. Maybe get my sister to be Kimberly if she wants to. They are pretty easy costumes over all.

LOTR FANS: Please join the parade group...we need an army!! I know may of you are joining us and others will soon. So come and march with other LOTR fans under banners of Middle Earth. So singing hobbits maybe included.

Please come as Jem!!!! I love to see more old-school 80's icons this year. My other favorite Idol She-ra showed up last year and it got me thinking that the more old school chracters show up the more fun Dragon Con gets, cuz it sends people down "Memorey Lane", and trust me people will get excited and will want to take your pictrues for sure!!! :jjacks:

keri1966
07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I'll be packing as many of my historical costumes as I can fit in my bag. Just the ones that don't have trains, unfortunately (some of my favorites have trains) as I don't want to have my costumes stomped on (Even my 1867-8 costume, that has a tiny 2-3 inch train, got stomped on by some moron last year, grr!) I'll just take one cosplay costume (Miaka Fushigi Yuugi special trading card costume- Yuu Watase drew the costume just for that trading card set, it's my favorite Miaka costume) that I'll wear for the parade.

I'm thinking I'll mostly be bringing my 20th century historical costumes this time, as they aren't trained, and the undergarments don't take up a lot of room- thus making room for more costumes! Some are finished, some are in progress:

Finished
1917-8 dress
1923 evening dress
1910 skirt (and 25" brim hat- as big as they got, I did the tame decoration level though)
1969 Hippie costume

In progress:
1905 skirt
1900 skirt
Shirtwaist ("Gibson girl" style so fits with 1900, 1905, and 1910 skirts- and also about the only style shirt with a collar open at the center front before 1905- when more shirts of that style, and even open round "no collar" styles started to become popular for women.)

Planned to have done by con time:
1933 dress (possibly an evening dress)

SolarVortex
07-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I do not know if I will be going yet or not because I am working in Walt Disney world- and that will be labor day weekend =(

Anyhoo, if I go, I am going as Tsukasa, the boy windwaker, from .HACK//SIGN

IXArachneXI
07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
These are what I'm thinking about

-Kaede from Inuyasha
-Slytherin student- we need a Hogwarts photo shoot!
- Shieldmaiden of Rohan- I love the pattern they have out for Eowyn's dress, but there's no way I'd every look like her, so I'll go as a randon Rohan chick.
- possible Naruto character. I have friends talking about going as a group, but I don't know how serious they are.

I want a BIG costume, but I can't think of what I want to do... : pouts :

SolarVortex
07-23-2004, 01:39 AM
The Hogwarts photo shoot sounds fun! I don't have a Hogwarts costume, however- and I am still not sure if I am going to get to go or not- but I think I might make me a costume for that anyhow- if you want extra peoples!

IXArachneXI
07-23-2004, 09:35 PM
YES! We need massive amounts of Hogwarts students! That would so rule.

dagmarus
07-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Well, looks like things changed on my plans. It's just going to be a few different forms of Aragorn and my USCM armor.

IXArachneXI
07-26-2004, 09:30 PM
ALRIGHT! I have finalized my cosplay plans for Dragoncon.

- Slytherin student
- The one and only Kaede!
- Rosie Cotton from the Green Dragon scenes

I figure that since I'm short and round, I'd make a perfect hobbit. I just can't wait for someone to ask who I am- so I can say "The most evil character from Lord of the Rings." : evil grin :

sarabug
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
well, apparently some friends are having a changeling party at dcon and you have to have a changeling costume to get in, so i'll be adding a quick little nocker to my list for this year....sheesh...

fightstar
08-03-2004, 12:28 AM
okay! Who plans to go as a character from the wonderful video game "City of Heros"? I'm thinking I could but since I'm new to cosplay and Dragon Con my costume may be ghetto as ghetto can be. Holla' at we fellow cosplaying peeps.

~fightstar

Nevernaut
08-03-2004, 12:49 AM
As of right now, I'm only planning on dressing in all black and opperating around a Angel Puppet from the ANGEL episode "Smile Time." I'll be part of a big ANGEL cast (though we're still missing a Lorne), so that should be a blast. After the panicky mess that was our HELLSING costumes last year, it'll be nice to have a costume that's just a prop.

If there's time, I may redo my Spider-Man costume (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9163&ppuser=6514), though I imagine I wouldn't be the only one in one.

Aleathia Burns
08-03-2004, 12:58 PM
O.k. I have deceided to add another costume to my list!!!! I had some red fabric laying around so I have whiped up an Ayame Costume from Tenchu 2!!!! I hope to wear it either Saturday or Monday it depends. I hope a Rikkimaru shows up. :jjacks:

wuzzled
08-03-2004, 01:22 PM
As of right now, I'm only planning on dressing in all black and opperating around a Angel Puppet from the ANGEL episode "Smile Time."

I can't wait to see the Angel puppet! I've got an almost-finished Illyria costume that I'm going to wear for a lot of the weekend, and I'm working on a Rainbow Brite costume, although I just saw at the top of this thread that there's already a gang of Color Kids. I'm just me.

Ravien
08-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I cut out Ogre Fiona because...I'm lazy. Ok, I just don't want to do the whole makeup thing this year (I had to do so much makeup and stuff last year that I just don't want my hands covered in stuff again)

I am however still doing the following costumes:

Friday: Sour Grapes (Done)
Whenever: Ritz Malheur (Done)
Sunday: Sister Wanda/The Scarlet Witch (80% Done)
Saturday: Dawn (starting tomorrow)

Schu
08-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm going as Dryad Dawn and Ivy from the Village (yeah I know it's corny, but I totally liked the movie, plus it's an excuse to wear fake blood and a cape). I'm gonna pull together some sort of Naruto costume, probably Sasuke or Sakura.

whee ^^

Aleathia Burns
08-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Darn it 4 weeks and counting I can't hardly wait!!!

Schu
08-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Oh dear, I want to dress up as Jem now too. I hate getting last minute ideas, specially when you know you could manage it.....

Xel
08-06-2004, 01:23 PM
so true, lol

Aleathia Burns
08-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Darn it 4 weeks and counting I can't hardly wait!!!

Cool Old school Cosplay!!!! I wanna do a She-Ra cosplay but oh well there' always next year!!! :jjacks:

Masami
08-08-2004, 10:23 PM
^_^ DragonCon.. yosh..

Friday- LaLa from Rainbow Brite
Saturday- Little Bo Peep (naughty version >=3 )
Sunday- Heartless from Kingdom Hearts
Monday- Waldo from Where's Waldo

kelldar
08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, since Peter Beagle has canceled, I'm not bothering with Amalthea... too darn hard to breath in that costume!
Sooooo as it stands right now...I'm bringing: Padme Ep II battlesuit, Padme wedding dress, Imperial Officer, Arwen wedding dress, Dark Phoenix, Lessa, Anna Valerious, PoA Hermione, and my masq. costume :D
Geez I'm so excited!! :B

Hikaruchan
08-11-2004, 10:30 PM
I've got material for 2 Dawn costumes, need to get started on them (poledancer & a 4th one I found that I like that don't know if has a name). Also will be bringing Empress Kei, since didn't get far with that at Otakon as started raining when was going to wear it. Others still up in the air.

Ravien
08-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I've got material for 2 Dawn costumes, need to get started on them (poledancer & a 4th one I found that I like that don't know if has a name). Also will be bringing Empress Kei, since didn't get far with that at Otakon as started raining when was going to wear it. Others still up in the air.

What does the other Dawn look like? I might be able to find the name.

I'm glad you decided to do the Poledancer. I think it suits you really well :)

Hikaruchan
08-11-2004, 10:53 PM
What does the other Dawn look like? I might be able to find the name.

I'm glad you decided to do the Poledancer. I think it suits you really well :)

Attaching the other - soon as I saw it I knew I was going to do it. Fits totally into my poofy dress deal. Just don't know if will have either done for DC this year, but will try. Also need to get a wig in case get one done, as all the red wigs I have currently are ones with bangs.

Ravien
08-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Attaching the other - soon as I saw it I knew I was going to do it. Fits totally into my poofy dress deal. Just don't know if will have either done for DC this year, but will try. Also need to get a wig in case get one done, as all the red wigs I have currently are ones with bangs.

I've just been calling it Teal Dawn. It's from one of the sketchbooks I believe. Not all of his sketches have titles.

If you do go through with making this one PLEASE share how you're doing the earrings.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-12-2004, 10:15 AM
I'll bring my Ravenclaw!! ^^ A hogwarts shoot would be so great!! if no one minds walking a bit there's a bit of prettyness near the underground mall (near my hotel) it's gorgeous fountains and there's DDR at the mall lol

SuthrnBelleChan
08-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Oh yeh i forgot to mention my other costumes lol

Dawn - for the contest
Dawn - Buffy Musical (COME SEE ME IN IT PLEASE ^_^)
Ravenclaw Student
Count D (My first crossplay teehee)
the ever famous... Red Dress lol

That should be it for me

SolarVortex
08-12-2004, 09:26 PM
I decided to put together a HufflePuff Hogwarts student uniform ^.^

IXArachneXI
08-12-2004, 10:40 PM
YEA! More Hogwarts' students!

SuthrnBelleChan
08-14-2004, 01:40 PM
we so need to organize a photoshoot!

The_Balrog
08-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Well so far I have finished all but one costume.
*Stepford Wife "Barbie" - Stepford Wives
*Balrog- LOTR
*Red Handed Jill - Peter Pan/Pirate!!

Oh my sister (who is to lazy to get an account) will have
Vampire Bride (Gold)- Van Helsing
Random Pirate Girl

So look for a Bride of Dracula walking around :) She is so cute.

OmniMortis
08-15-2004, 03:20 PM
I decided to put together a HufflePuff Hogwarts student uniform ^.^

I liked our SlytherIAN concept!

nebbie
08-15-2004, 08:27 PM
I've just been calling it Teal Dawn.

I think there is already a piece by him that is called Teal Dawn. >.>

Lightning Count
08-15-2004, 08:32 PM
-Queen Jamillia (Star Wars-Attack of the Clones)
-Catra (She-ra~~action figure version)

This will be my first time attending Dragon-con so I'm excited. I've been thinking about bringing 1-2 more costumes but I haven't decided what else to bring..... :waaaah:

Eurobeat King
08-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Since I'm not bringing my subwoofer & speakers for any table-gatherings (I will have my chibi-printer, tho) that gives me more space in my lone suitcase for costumes. So I'll bring the following costumes:

-Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
-Hibiki Takane (Last Blade 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2)

Not much I know, but I'll be taking pics mostly for 4 days, so I'll be lucky if I can actually wear both of those (Shinji fersure) during the weekend. :)

Cutest_Sandgirl
08-18-2004, 10:55 AM
I'll be taking:

~Illyria
~Slytherin Student
~Sandtrooper

and possibly the Female Tusken. :) But even if I don't take my Tusken, the baby will come. :D

Evil Dr. Axis
08-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Auron...that's pretty much it. Let's hope I get more attention this year than I did last year. "I know I'll be Luke Skywalker!" WTF was I thinking. I was in one picture that this Indian family asked me to be in. I don't even think they were attending the con. LOL

Ragresen
08-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I'll be taking:

~Illyria
~Slytherin Student
~Sandtrooper

and possibly the Female Tusken. :) But even if I don't take my Tusken, the baby will come. :D

Damned I did not even realise Kimmy was on Cosplay.com. Geez it seems I just find her everywhere now. Kimmy it will be neat to see you yet again at the TDH dinner and at Dragon Con.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-19-2004, 09:53 AM
i dun want this to sound like advertising buuuuuuuuuuut PLEASE COME TO THE BUFFY MUSICAL! I'm working uber UBER hard on my Dawn Bride Dress for it, and I would love to meet everyone from here and see your pretty pretty costumes, but this is the only definate time i'm gonna be anywhere lol.

I'm so proud of how this dress came out but for plain funness i'm not going to post a single pic til after D*C ^_^ And since thsi is the only time that i definately know where i am it's a good chacne to come up and glomp me ^_^ Just make sure to tell me your sn first lol

Cutest_Sandgirl
08-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Damned I did not even realise Kimmy was on Cosplay.com. Geez it seems I just find her everywhere now. Kimmy it will be neat to see you yet again at the TDH dinner and at Dragon Con.
I'm like a disease. :thumbsup: :razz: It'll be cool to see you again too! :D

QueenAleta
08-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Well, the costumes I have in mind for dragon are.

Lum - both with full wig & gothy version with a long black & green hair fall
Catwoman - Stan Lee version
Catwoman - Julie Nuemar version
Victorian evening gown
Dawn? I just happen to have a wig on the way that would be perfect.
Umi - middle eastern outfit
Belly Dance outfit
Misc goth

I usually pack far too much clothing for any con I go to.

Dementia
08-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Well, the costumes I have in mind for dragon are.

Catwoman - Julie Nuemar version

I am doing Batgirl from the same TV show! We MUST get together... when did you plan on doing Julie Newmar?

I was looking at doing it most of Friday till about 8 or 9 pm that night....

QueenAleta
08-19-2004, 03:56 PM
I am doing Batgirl from the same TV show! We MUST get together... when did you plan on doing Julie Newmar?

I was looking at doing it most of Friday till about 8 or 9 pm that night....

I wasn't sure when I might wear that costume. It's one that I've had for a few years. But I could make a point of wearing it at that time.

Dementia
08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I wasn't sure when I might wear that costume. It's one that I've had for a few years. But I could make a point of wearing it at that time.

You have any pix of it? I have a pic of one girl who did it a few years ago, maybe it was you. I also saw one at Comic-con... perhaps we can get together off the list. because I think Batgirl and Catwoman would make for great photo ops :)

Aleathia Burns
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Man all this talk about costumes is getting impaitent ofr the arrival of Dragon con. I think we have 2 weeks to go. It feels like 2 years.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm impatient too lol yet i'm also like "nono wait! I have to finish this!!!!" I'm gonna have to drop the Dawn Contest >.< as much as i hate it i just really don't have time I'd rather do it next year when i can give it my all

QueenAleta
08-24-2004, 07:55 PM
You have any pix of it? I have a pic of one girl who did it a few years ago, maybe it was you. I also saw one at Comic-con... perhaps we can get together off the list. because I think Batgirl and Catwoman would make for great photo ops :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/queenaleta/misc/CatwomanJulieNewmarversionBW.jpg

Dementia
08-24-2004, 08:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/queenaleta/misc/CatwomanJulieNewmarversionBW.jpg

Wow, you look incredible!

my email is dementia AT virtualdementia DOT com, if you wanna set up where to meet blah ditty blah blah :)

I love that pic :)

makio
08-25-2004, 04:54 AM
Costume List:
BHK (Kingdom Hearts II... costume's done)
Baralai (Final Fantasy X-2... costume's 55% done)

...I read about a gathering of FFX people... but wasn't sure where exactly that's taking place? Is there a set date/time/location within the con where this is going to happen?

SuthrnBelleChan
08-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Ken you'll be such a great Baralai!

And good news! i'm no dropping the Dawn contest ^_^ i finished my cosutme w00t!

Ragresen
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Suthrnbellechan: Good to hear. Best of Luck in the Dawn Contest.

Aleathia Burns
08-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Hey another Baralai shall grace Dragon Con sweet. I look forward to it!!!! Final Fantasy Rules!!!

IXArachneXI
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Does anyone want to do a Harry Potter photo shoot?

makio
08-26-2004, 02:58 AM
SuthrnBelleChan--- Thanks for the words of encouragement... I'm doing costume wearability/hair tests this weekend. LoL. XD As for the Dawn contest, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that pageant, I'm told it's one of the bigger highlights of the weekend...

Aleathia Burns--- There's another one? >_o? Anyhow, if there's a time/location set for the meet up for photos, I'll try to make it(hopefully it's on Saturday, 'cause I'll be driving up from Orlando on Friday evening).

Aleathia Burns
08-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Yess there can be only one!!! O.k I love Highlander and I always wanted to type that :cool: anyway More Baralais and hopefully a Gippal would be cool, like I always say the more the merrier!!! :jjacks:

Starbolt13
08-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Okay, got a question related to this.
I'm seriously considering taking my Jinpei outfit. Thing is that the clear plexi ""beak"" on the helmet introduces a few problems. It makes it hard to talk to people, it creates a hidious glare for pics and if worn long enough would end up giving me a horrindous headache due to the refraction of the warped plexi. As such I'm asking opinions, go with it for the full outfit, or ditch the face sheild and just wear the helmet?

Starbolt

Eurobeat King
08-26-2004, 11:46 PM
OK, so I decided: My first time to Dragoncon, and I know it's going to be hectic, crazy, and fun, so I'm going to just bring Shinji with me to cosplay. Was debating on bringing Hibiki or Saitou, but it's a new con for me, and I'm unfamiliar with the location/hotels/etc. so I'll be there to enjoy the con and concentrate on taking pictures. :) So just look for me wearing Shinji (probably on Saturday, Day #2) and then normal clothes most of the weekend, with the EBK outfit (avatar picture) on one of those days. Please say hi to me if you recognize me and don't hesitate to ask for me to take your picture, if I don't ask first. See you all next week!!

makio
08-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Aleathia Burns--- I don't mind if anyone else does it... LoL, I'm not possessive like that; I just didn't know if anyone was. XD But yeah, more the merrirer makes for a slick group photo!

EurobeatKing--- Good to finally have a chance to catch up with you again! Hadn't seen you since Nekocon2002 with Celine, Lionel, Oshi, Sari(and her b/f ?). Anyway, I'll be sure to say hello to you too if I see you in the halls!

Eurobeat King
08-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Makio: Yeah, it's been a while.. You'll see myself and Lionel at D-con next weekend, and I think that's it. Oshi might be going to Nekocon, so if you're going to that you'll see him. Celine I haven't seen since A-kon 2003, and Sari is doing good (last saw her at Otakon last month) and her former-friend Keith I haven't seen at cons in a while.. She might be going to Nekocon, again, if you go, you'll see her. But I'll keep an eye out for you at D-con next weekend! ;)

Aleathia Burns
08-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Aleathia Burns--- I don't mind if anyone else does it... LoL, I'm not possessive like that; I just didn't know if anyone was. XD But yeah, more the merrirer makes for a slick group photo!

EurobeatKing--- Good to finally have a chance to catch up with you again! Hadn't seen you since Nekocon2002 with Celine, Lionel, Oshi, Sari(and her b/f ?). Anyway, I'll be sure to say hello to you too if I see you in the halls!
Nahh Your not possessive. You have great taste in characters and I look forward to taking a photo with two Baralais, or more!!! As you can tell by now I am a Final Fantasy Fanatic (Triple F as I like to call it) cuz Dragon Con rarely has cosplayers who are into Final Fantasy. Last year there were 2 Summoner Yunas so that tells you how slowly this cosplay is growing, but I am so sure there will be more of us this year and I can't wait. :jjacks:

cheesecake
08-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Mana's Illuminati get up! I would do something more elaborate, but I have NO time, and I haven't even started yet. I hope I can find a lab coat, though...