PDA

View Full Version : Great Amano skit idea...

ChibiRydia
05-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I have an amazing idea for a "skit."

In college, I was the captain of my dance team. I have choreography skills. And I love it.

I also love Amano cosplay (obviously).

I now have all the people I need to do this at Anime Reactor. Please watch for us because it will be fabulous!

sheepsarai
05-28-2004, 05:39 PM
shoo i'd make a costume for this type of tyhing! let me know what con you'd be doing it at , this is the type of thing i LOVE , preferably i would do a rydia costume for it, err but im not sure if youve got that covered already, if you do i'll do esper terra bevause that would be uber fun to do. Heh, what area do u do cons in? and how soon do want to do it? i cosplay in the new england area so if your a billion miles away this wouldnt work for me....

anime boston? errg, animeNEXT? mind you these wouldnt be for awhile but i think that wonderful skits like this need plenty of time to be visualised, i personally hope to do somthing like this myself somtime with ffx-2 or ff7 or maybe whatever else pops into my head heh *joyous*

evilchii
05-28-2004, 06:23 PM
sounds interesting!! i was just wondering when and where? i definitely wouldn't mind helping out if i could.

ChibiRydia
05-28-2004, 07:57 PM
So far I'm pretty solidly sure about Anime Reactor, but the others are up in the air.
I really want to do this, so I'm pretty open to others' ideas about where.

It's just an idea I have. Not sure when it'll materialize. At least I know there's interest though!

I don't want to give too much away on the forums, though. Don't want my idea stolen
PM me for more information, and we can work it out. It's AWESOME though...

Xanthe Kelsylva
05-28-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm an Amano Celes!!! :) Plus I love dancing. I'd need to know where and when this is exactly, and I'd love to do it. Might have trouble getting there if it's too far away though.

Xanthe Kelsylva
05-29-2004, 03:15 AM
anime boston? errg, animeNEXT? mind you these wouldnt be for awhile but i think that wonderful skits like this need plenty of time to be visualised, i personally hope to do somthing like this myself somtime with ffx-2 or ff7 or maybe whatever else pops into my head heh *joyous*

Anime Boston and Anime Next would be good for me too, as well as Anime North. I'd prefer to stick with these, but I can also go to events in California since the plane tickets are relitively cheap from here and I have family there. Anime North and Canadian National Anime Expo are the easiest choices for me though. I agree, we should put time into this, not only because travelling takes so much planning, but also because a really good skit deserves a lot of time and effort.

Xanthe Kelsylva
05-29-2004, 03:24 AM
I have:
Amano Rydia
Yoshitaka Amano-sama :rockon:

I need:
Amano Esper Terra (as pink as possible)
Amano Celes
Amano Rosa

Hold on a second... do you have an Amano impersonator or are you really planning to have Amano show up? OMG, That would be the awesomest thing ever if Amano showed up at a convention!!!!! Must... remain... calm lol. I love Amano's pictures so much, he's actually been a significant influence on my own art. You have no idea how much I look up to him, I'm such a huge fan it's nuts lol.

ChibiRydia
05-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Hold on a second... do you have an Amano impersonator or are you really planning to have Amano show up? OMG, That would be the awesomest thing ever if Amano showed up at a convention!!!!! Must... remain... calm lol. I love Amano's pictures so much, he's actually been a significant influence on my own art. You have no idea how much I look up to him, I'm such a huge fan it's nuts lol.

I would officially have a spazz attack if Amano himself showed up...it would be awesome.
Sadly, no, I have an Amano impersonator to introduce the Amano ladies in the skit, and take a bow...but that's all I'm giving away!!

This is gonna be so awesome! *shrieks*

I may consider doing this on the East Coast somewhere since most of the interest I've gotten, (and believe me I've gotten a lot of PM's on this already) have been ppl from the East Coast. I've gotta plan a little bit more around that and will post here again.

sheepsarai
05-29-2004, 12:40 PM
wooohooo! fun fun! i cant wait to find out what u decide (hopes its this area) weeehehehe! im too hyper!

Xanthe Kelsylva
05-30-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm getting hyper too lol! :D I really hope this is on the East Coast so I can do it, it would be so much fun!

fairel
06-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Ohhh please please please please do this on the east coast!! I would love to shake my bootie and lip sync with you!!!! My rosa outfit is meant for the boogie down yo, but I am guessing you already have a rosa?????

The really good esper terra costume won't be comming back out for AWA from what she has told me.. because she is doing another big cosplay thing at that con that doesn't involve amano :( But maybe... maybe we could convince her?? ;)

sheepsarai
06-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Umm i dont think anyone has posted about being rosa yet. Dont worry my Terra costume will be awesome for it so we'll be all set ^-^ weeee. *does alittle dance while waiting to find out if it will be on the east coast!* Where are you ChibiRydia? I want to hear your ideas!

fairel
06-01-2004, 01:00 PM
ohhh I really like your moogle costume sheepsarai. Are you working an a terra costume? Where are the east coast are yous??

evilchii
06-01-2004, 01:49 PM
I had asked ChibiRydia about being considered for Rosa, that's why it says tentatively taken, i believe. but i happily step aside Fariel if you would like the part. ^_^

sheepsarai
06-01-2004, 03:19 PM
evil chi: oopsie my bad on posting that! heh dont listen to me!sorry about that! i must not have remebered.

Fairel: thanks for the compliment! with all this skit talk and what not i plan to makie a terra costume for it if Rydia would consider me, and if it was around here, though now im so excited about esper terra and everything that i might do it anyway. I've got some major ideas for it and ill prob start on it as soon as i finish my current project, I like to get this st7uff done way in advance you know? I am in Massachusetts. about an hour or two away from boston.

everybody: lets all do alittle dance of impatience! *starts dancing*

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-01-2004, 04:04 PM
*dances* Yayness!

Speaking of dancing... I need to borrow that dance tape from Gwen and upload it so I can show ChibiRydia one of my dance performances. Ooh, and I made my dress for that one too :) I need better pictures of my Celes costume...

I'm a bit far away from you guys (upstate New York) but I'm totally willing to drive that far for this! :D

ChibiRydia
06-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm still trying to determine which con to do this at. I'm sorry it is taking so darn long...
Which is the earliest con on the east coast?

I promise to update.

fairel
06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm still trying to determine which con to do this at. I'm sorry it is taking so darn long...
Which is the earliest con on the east coast?

I promise to update.

There is AWA in Georgia. It is in september... about four months away I think.

ChibiRydia
06-01-2004, 07:09 PM
There is AWA in Georgia. It is in september... about four months away I think.

That would be an excellent idea. However, I didn't see anything on the site about a masquerade, rather, they have a closed-door costume contest and then a "fashion-show" afterward. With a skit, I'm not entirely sure that would fit in.

And believe me, this is a skit like none have ever seen before. I want to show it off so badly! But I have to pick a time, place, and ppl.... :waaaah:

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-01-2004, 09:00 PM
There's one in Toronto in August, and they have a Masquerade as well as Hall Cosplay:

http://www.anime-cons.com/events/info.shtml/235
http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConToronto/CC_Main.asp

This one is definitely a good time and place for me, but I'm willing to go to another con to do this. Tell me what you all think! :)

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Also, I would like to know soon if you want me to be Celes.

sheepsarai
06-01-2004, 10:31 PM
oh wow... well there is anime next this month in new jersey, theres also conventions in maine and conneticut in july... those might not be big enough tho and could be too close right now. georgia is way too far way for me... and so is toronto... urg i feel like ssuch a loser that i cant get to those... if u did wait till anime boston i can garentee it would fit in and theyre would be a huge audiance so it would be fun, then again being that u wanna do this soon that could end up being like ur second performance of it by then.

I hope i dont sound picky to you guys...if i could make those cons i would in a heart beat!
and on Xanthe Kelsylva's note i would appreciatte it if you could let me know if i could be the terra for your group err that it if the placement allows it. If you mention a con i think i can make i will push to get to it. Umm and thats my slightly less hyper input for now heh ^-^ im getting cranky its bed time!

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-01-2004, 10:35 PM
See, the thing is I can go far away but only if we don't do it this summer. I'm already taking 4 big trips this summer (SCA event in Pennsylvania, trip to Washington state, 2 trips to New York City). Plus in a little while I'll actually have a driver's license and be more independant (w00t! 7 more days until I turn 18!!!).

sheepsarai
06-01-2004, 10:53 PM
unfortunately i dont have my license and my parents wouldnt let me drive out to one alone (i'll be 17 in a few months no im not 12). So sadly im under there wings right now... meaning that even tho anime boston and next years anime next are forever away thye would be best for me.. i have to plan in advance because my parents are old and need time to plan heh.
umm thats all in addition to my previous note... yes indeed its really bed time now!

ChibiRydia
06-02-2004, 07:24 AM
I know it is really exciting and people need to plan around this, but please be patient with me. I am devoted to this and want to make it happen. I clearly have not forgotten about this thread.

The problem I am facing is getting my husband to commit to a certain con. He is not giving me a straight answer on which ones to go to - ever - so I am waiting on that.
Once that is over with, I will contact those who are interested via PM and let them know who they can be cast as, and where/when it will be, and of course, the specifics on the skit. *wee!*
I will then wait to hear back from them whether they can fit it in at that time and with that character and in that location.

Once I hear back from my man, I shall post again. Please be patient with me.

fairel
06-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I know it is really exciting and people need to plan around this, but please be patient with me. I am devoted to this and want to make it happen. I clearly have not forgotten about this thread.

No rush from me, but if you doooo decide to do it somewhere on the east coast.. I will totally drive wherever as long as it's not more than a 10 hour drive... well maybe I could go a little farther than that. ;)

Even if I am not in it, I am really exited about the idea and can't wait to see what you get together. :)

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-02-2004, 01:20 PM

The problem I am facing is getting my husband to commit to a certain con. He is not giving me a straight answer on which ones to go to - ever - so I am waiting on that.
Once that is over with, I will contact those who are interested via PM and let them know who they can be cast as, and where/when it will be, and of course, the specifics on the skit. *wee!*
I will then wait to hear back from them whether they can fit it in at that time and with that character and in that location.

Sounds reasonable enough. *wee!!!!* I'm so excited about this! *dances around forum to stay patient* lol

ChibiRydia
06-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Well, our plans for going to the east coast seem to be squelched for the time being, for personal reasons, family family reasons, etc.

Anime Reactor is the one looking most attractive right now: http://www.animereactor.org/

fairel
06-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, our plans for going to the east coast seem to be squelched for the time being, for personal reasons, family family reasons, etc.

Anime Reactor is the one looking most attractive right now: http://www.animereactor.org/

Actually... there is a chance I could go to that one because I have a lot of family in Chicago.. how far from Chicago is it?

ChibiRydia
06-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Actually... there is a chance I could go to that one because I have a lot of family in Chicago.. how far from Chicago is it?

I think it's near O'Hare airport, isn't it?
I'm so excited to go!!!

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Ok, I've looked into Anime Reactor a little, and it looks fairly do-able. Basically, I'm comparing how to best get there at this point. It looks like the best choice would be to get a group of friends together and take a roadtrip. It would be a long drive, but it's definitely possible and it would be hella fun to make my first big roadtrip with friends an Anime Convention.

Also, the time is good for me. It's far enough away that I can start planning for it and it won't interfere with my numberous summer trips.

If I'm really lucky, it will be around the same time as a family reunion I go to in the fall (I have family in Indiana, so it would be super awesome if I could go from the reunion and then to Anime Reactor).

I'm definitely going to look into it, since it sounds like this would be worth every second of the long drive. Bit farther than I was thinking, but totally worth consideration.

fairel
06-02-2004, 10:05 PM
I think it's near O'Hare airport, isn't it?
I'm so excited to go!!!

Ok I thought so, but wasn't sure. If you give me a little while to figure some stuffs out, I can totally tell you if going would be do-able. I have to figure it out with my school schedule.. and moving to charleston and everything, but I think I could do it! Will need to check with my family up there and see about getting a plane ticket and everything. I REALLy wanna goooo!

ChibiRydia
06-02-2004, 10:15 PM
For those of you who are interested, please PM me and let me know when you are for certain coming to Anime Reactor or not.

Then, the exchange of important information will begin...and facts about the skit itself...

sheepsarai
06-02-2004, 10:17 PM
chicago? *gets out map* hmmmm.... think think think.... it looks like i'd have to sit this one out .. no way i could get to that. if you do decide to do somthing down here on the east coast let me know, even if its the 2nd go of it i'd be happy to be a esper terra for ur group anyday! ^-^

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-02-2004, 10:58 PM
It's looking better and better for me. I'm not going to say I'm definite until I really am, but it looks very possible. It will take most of my spending money for the year, but it would be well worth it. I knew I would end up blowing all my money on anime one way or another anyways lol. And the drive isn't *too* insane either lol, only 9 hours which is better than some trips I've taken-- and I won't have my pesky brothers in the car! The only issue would be my parents agreeing to let me use one of their cars for the weekend and not flipping out over it ("You're WHAT? Driving to Chicago to wear a FREAKIN' COSTUME?"). But they realize I'm a bit of an adventurer and like having excuses to travel.

Here's how I figure: if my mom moved to Chicago on her own when she was my age, I can sure as heck figure out how to get there for one weekend.

Hope I have a definite answer soon, I'd love to do this! :)

fairel
06-02-2004, 11:09 PM
My family up in Chicago has been bugging me to visit them forever! So yeah I can go, just gotta get some money together for the trip and buy my ticket.

You are totally positive it is at this con?? and you would want me to be in the skit???

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Are there buses or trains that go to Chicago from the Rochester area? Because if I can take a bus or train, I can definitely do this.

ChibiRydia
06-03-2004, 07:22 AM
I am for sure going to this con. And I for sure want to do this as well.

The competition is called "Cosplay Idol." There is a maximum of 2 minutes allowed. For more information, please visit the Anime Reactor website.
It will be a heck of a lot of fun.

I am still looking for people who are positive they will go.
Once I have a definate Terra, Celes, and Rosa, we are good to go and I will send out further information about the skit to them. If they don't like the idea, they of course still have the option to back out, in which case, we are back to square one.
so far, it seems like only 2 people who have responded to this forum would be able to go to Reactor. I need to wait and see if there is further interest for Esper Terra for this...

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Would the other people who are travelling to get to this like to share a hotel room and split the cost? It's slightly risky since I haven't met any of you, but I think it would be sensible. Not only would it be more fun and less expensive, we would also be able to practice the skit in the hotel room Friday night or something.

ChibiRydia
06-03-2004, 06:21 PM
In my room will be my husband and brother, and possibly another person. I'm sorry, but being married rooming with someone else is not an option for me, but I think it is beneficial to practice in someone's room the evening we get there and as often as possible before the masquerage itself.

Agreed.

Xanthe Kelsylva
06-03-2004, 11:32 PM
I think what I'll do since we still need a Terra and I'd like to travel with someone is to look for someone nearby who can do this with me. It might be tough finding someone else who would be willing to go all the way to Chicago for an anime convention, but if I'm nuts enough to do it there's got to be other people who are just as nuts lol.

It says on the Anime Reactor webpage that the site is accessible with public transportation. Since I can get there using a bus or something, I don't have the issue of borrowing my parents' car and that's all taken care of.

If I can share a room with someone and split the cost, then I can definitely do this. Yay! I'm so excited!

ChibiRydia
06-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I now have everyone that I need. Thank you everyone for your interest!

Please check the top of the thread for information about it and where we'll be performing..