PDA

View Full Version : my almost done lulu

freakyarcher
05-29-2004, 01:52 PM
will you please take a look at my gallery and let me know what you think of my attempt at a lulu dress? this is the first costume i have ever made and i would love to hear your opinion. :crylaugh:

Flowery
05-29-2004, 07:22 PM

Senko-chan
05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
thats the first costume you ever made!? THATS AWESOME! you're so pretty and talented. You're like my new rolemodel ^_^ lol. well anyways, it's awesome. Somehow...I give it 10 thumbs up ^_^ heehee

*Shiva*
05-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I think it looks amazing! I especially like the train - many Lulu cosplayers don't include a noticeable one on the back of the dress, although Lulu definately has one in the game. Also the hair is just. . . wow. *thumbs up*

freakyarcher
05-30-2004, 01:00 AM
thank you for your support. i feel that i still have work left to do on it because she has many flowers and leaves kind of on the floor more than on the edge of the train. do you understand? i have not figured out how to make all of the details work yet. i did do the belts just as i saw on the doll with the exception of a big red belt she has at the bottom.

does anyone have ideas about the dragging flowers and how i can make them do that without falling off?

procrastinator
05-30-2004, 04:36 PM
So, the flowers aren't on the train at all? That could be odd. You could either leave them off, or if you really want them, you could devise some sort of loose net out of fishing wire (The clear thread stuff, right?) and attatch it to the train... could be tricky...

freakyarcher
05-30-2004, 04:50 PM
no, they are on there but i am thinking of keeping them completely on the edge of the train as oppossed to having the petals drag on the floor. if you can see a pic of the actual lulu dress on the character, she has her flowers halfway off the edge, but i'm afraid to do that because i don't want to take the chance of them getting ripped off if someone steps on me. i don't know. i've confused myself.

ps
i added another one so that you all can see what it looks like on me.

Squall1882
06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Wow.. awesome fisrt attempt!! I've made a few costumes now for myself and my GF and I am currently working on a LuLu.. the small details are so frustrating! I commend you on your patience.. lol.. I'm pulling my hair out here!! Totemo ii desu!!

Hunter Lani
06-08-2004, 02:43 PM
You've done a FANTASTIC job on this-- it's better than most Lulu's I've seen! I love your lace and the train!

Something you may want to do is run a bit of wiring through the sleeves, because they're a teeny bit floppy, and Lulu's sleeves are made of a stiffer fabric.

freakyarcher
06-10-2004, 11:17 AM
i will try to give the sleeves a subtle shaping ( i don't want them to look like bells either :rolleyes: ) but i will definatelly do something about the "floppiness" lol. :love: the thing i am most proud of is the belt thing (you would not belive that i stuck it to the dress with industrial strength velcro! :thumbsup: ) of course i have the belts in the shape of an apron so that my waist can support it and it doesn't pull down on the dress. i also followed the pattern of the belts as close as i could. :bigtu: