PDA

View Full Version : Samus

Raphael Wish
11-25-2002, 04:40 PM
Any opinions or suggestions on how to make a Samus Aran costume? I've got an idea in my mind...and it probably sounds really dumb (which is why I'm not going to say it...) but I need some other ideas.

Thank you.

SailorAndromeda
11-25-2002, 05:30 PM
Heh, um, good luck? I have been wanting to make a Samus costume, but will not do it until I have a brilliant way to make her armor that works and doesn't look like crap. Haven't thought of it yet ^^
I know that doesn't help you. Um, you could try to explain your idea, and then I could tell you if I thought it was feasible. Sometimes, the ideas that sound the dumbest, can work the best.
Good luck anyhow, and if you do make it, I wanna see pics!
~*liz*

Raphael Wish
11-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Various types of foam combined with liquid plastic >_<;;;; It sounds bad to me.

Integral
11-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Fiberglass! ^..^

That, of if you have the time& funds to go into vaccuform plastics...

Raphael Wish
11-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Your fiberglass-ness was wonderful, Integral, however, think how much fiberglass I would have to wear!! I'd collapse under the weight! Plus, they don't sell any useful sorts of fiberglass here -_-

makio
11-25-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure what thread it was on, but you'd probably want to make the armor the same way those StarWars Stormtroopers make theirs. I don't recall the exact "how-to-make-the-armor" site link, but at least after making it, all you'd have to do is paint the colours accordingly.

Raphael Wish
11-25-2002, 10:06 PM
http://www.studiocreations.com/

I found it. Or a link. That's too many power tools for me. I'll figure something out....euhhh... Now, it probably seems like I'm going to make a crappy Samus costume -_-;;; I promise that if it looks bad, you'll never have to look at it.

Daala
11-26-2002, 07:56 AM
Fiberglass, is the root of all evil... good luck!