PDA

View Full Version : The Doo-Dah Parade

Paul Soth
05-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Every 4th of July, the Short North holds the Doo-Dah Parade, which is a parade that attempts to be as silly and funny as possible, as opposed to more serious 4th of July parades. The idea is to just show up and have fun. Naturally, I think this would be perfect for us.

In order to march, all you need to do is show up within an hour before the parade starts at Goodale Park. That's it. Get your stuff together, find a spot in the line, and wait for the signal to go.

I'd like to know who'll be in town on the 4th first off. Following that, the next question is if we should walk, or if someone can get a convertible, pickup, or some other open-topped vehicle. After the parade, we can go somewhere else and do whatever if you'd like.

The only thing to worry about is that it can get quite warm in the Summer, so you might want to pick your costume carefully.

Aside from that, any other ideas?

marsie
06-01-2004, 06:46 PM
*raises hand*
the 3rd is mah birfday
the big 2 4

Paul Soth
06-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Alright, the parade gathers on Park St. at Goodale Park at noon, then it starts at one. All you need to do is show up, nothing else is required.

http://www.doodahparade.com/

Rember, it may be hot. So pick your costume carefully. Also, if we have some sort of open topped vehicle, we wouldn't need to walk. My van isn't really the best thing for sitting inside and waving.

misskitty
06-24-2004, 01:14 AM
what's going on with this? i'm pretty interested.

Paul Soth
06-24-2004, 01:43 AM
It looks like we're going through with this. Mike, one of the staffers from Ohayocon is planning to arrive with his truck, so that saves us the trouble of marching through the whole thing on foot.

I started up another thread over on the Ohayocon forms (http://ohayocon.com/phpBB2/index.php), which is getting some attention as well. This looks like it could be something. I'd love to see as many cosplayers show up as possible.

I think I'll bring my Faust costume. It's plenty goofy for the parade.

misskitty
06-24-2004, 01:59 AM
hmm... i'll hafta come up with something silly. *schemes* perhaps i could put on a rectangular box and go as the paddle from pong. XD