PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Costumes at AMA4

ladysubaru25
05-31-2004, 05:56 PM
So I am here in the process of editing all of my digital photos of AMA, and I got to thinking about how many *really good* costumes there were at this year's AMA. I mean, there may not have been as much insanely elaborate stuff as the large cons like Otakon, but the quality of the costumes has significantly gone up this year.

And I was wondering, as cosplayers (or cosplayer admirers...) what were some of your favorite costumes of the con?

I personally LOVED the Megaman that I saw on Saturday in the dealers room. He actually constructed the sleeve of the costume to hold a flashlight. It was awesome! Talk about an 8-bit flashback! ---> http://www.geocities.com/sophieg76/megaman.jpg
#1 fav. of the con, IMO.

GiantAlucard's Alucard ruled. It was one of the best versions of that costume I've seen.

There was also a really beautiful Chii in the cosplay contest. Everyone says how "overdone" Chii is, but IMO, the cosplayers that do her generally do a REALLY GOOD JOB. I also saw a few good "bakery" Chiis.

The Seiya in the cosplay did an incredible job on the armor... all I have to say is WOW.

There was a girl dressed as A-20 from .hack that impressed me simply because she was A-20. No one ever does A-20. (She was so thrilled that someone knew who she was!) And the way she constructed the costume was very creative. I never would have thought of it...

All of the FF stuff was good- there was one paticular Gambler Yuna whose costume really impressed me.

And to the Fruits Basket group... OMFG! That was amazing. You guys had almost every character. By far the best and most impressivley-sized group cosplay I've ever seen. (And it wasn't Final-Fantasy related!!)

That's all I can think of for now- there was so much good stuff, so it's hard to highlight a few. If any of you were any of these cosplayers, GREAT JOB! The pics will be up in my gallery soon.

Reiko
05-31-2004, 07:04 PM
I hope you liked the fruits group ^_^ it was awsome there. I didnt get to see many costumes on Sat but Friday I saw some. I loved the lenne and Yuna, very nice!

ladysubaru25
05-31-2004, 08:00 PM
I hope you liked the fruits group ^_^ it was awsome there.

OMFG- Fruits totally blew my mind. I turned to one of my friends during the cosplay presentation and said "I'd hate to be the one who has to follow THEM!" :crylaugh:

I have a photo of you guys that will be in my gallery soon...

Giant Alucard
05-31-2004, 08:15 PM
LOL, thanks ladysubaru. If you look in yukitoleonhearts gallery he has a well taken pic of my Auron costume.

dizzylizzy
05-31-2004, 08:30 PM
^^ i'm glad you liked the fruits. ^^ (was hanajima) we were missing tohru's mom and the yuki fan club. lol

i like GA's auron. ^^ i missed a lot of costumes this time around.

Reiko
05-31-2004, 08:34 PM
^^ i'm glad you liked the fruits. ^^ (was hanajima) we were missing tohru's mom and the yuki fan club. lol

i like GA's auron. ^^ i missed a lot of costumes this time around.

dizzylizzy - kinda glad we didnt have a yuki fan club.....yeah....I was scared enough lol

*hugs* thanks ladysubaru! lol I didnt know how much of a reaction we got from everyone...but like at every con my mind is going a million miles per second so I dont have time to think

ainslye
05-31-2004, 09:30 PM
*was Kisa in fruits* Thanks!
I wish there were more cosplayers, it seemed like less than usual.
Giant Alucard's auron, like everyone said, was amazing. I also really liked Nat's Filth Kyo.. she looked *great*

Darxim
05-31-2004, 09:55 PM
I liked the Love Hina group. You know, the girls in towels. They didn't look like their characters, they just had pink towels with the character names sewn into the back, but still, it was so neat (ick, I just described something as "neat").

There was a really cool berserker Paine. I didn't get to hug her in-costume, though (I don't take pictures, I get hugs).

I liked the Chii with the fluffy (feathery?) slippers best out of all the Chiis. Somebody was walking around asking where the "best Chii" was, and I actually knew who he was talking about. :P

Gah! I don't remember them all. So many people change costume so often. There were like 3 times as many costumes as there were people.

dolst
05-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes, you Fruits Basket people had a very impressive group. I just recently got into FB, so I don't know who a lot of the characters were, but that was one hell of a setup! I think I see someone to fill Dark Muffin's shoes here. LOL.
Wish I hadn't missed your skit. Couldn't help it though, being as we were back stage behind you. Only drawback to doing skits. Oh well. Surf Wisely!

http://www.dolst.com

dizzylizzy
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
oh yes! the beserker paine!! i had a chance to talk to her during cosplay line up. she was so nice. ^^ i absolutely luved her design. and the chii that was in the masq too. very niiiiiiiiiice. ^^

as for "fillin" dark muffins shoes... that's impossible. they are so awesome and i hope one day they'll put another skit together. it shocked me when they annouced it as a "final" poduction. ::Crosses fingers:: i looked forward to every masq hoping that they are in it. i love how they portray each anime they choose. sooooooo amazing.

btw, dolst, what skit was your's?!?!?!?!

Stueypark
05-31-2004, 10:25 PM
There was a really cool berserker Paine. I didn't get to hug her in-costume, though (I don't take pictures, I get hugs).

Yeah, I'm not even into FF and I thought that Paine had a great costume.

And Reiko, I like your new icon, haha

Flute
06-01-2004, 01:02 AM
The Berserker Paine was awesome. Definately my favorite costume of the con. Midknight's Nanami also deserves a mention. I thought it was just perfect. Also the Tsuzuki that I and Kristi hung out with was the best I had ever seen. It's a simple costume, yes, but it was done very well.

I didn't get a good look at GA's new Alucard. I only saw him when Ryan flagged me down from the balcony and pointed him out to me but the costume looked awesome from there. I'm hoping he'll wear it again soon.

Mizuno Tenshi
06-01-2004, 01:50 AM
There was one REALLY cute Rikku, and a lot of other good ones, too.
Some cute dancer Yuna's...
Let's see... GA's costumes are always good. So I don't even need to say anything.
Otherwise... the Fruits Basket group was cool too.
So many costumes... they started to look normal to me. hehe...

Tenshi

vartan
06-01-2004, 02:16 AM
the dark muffins situation is kind of funny. it's more like the group is doing seperate projects, and is no longer under the DM name, but many/most will still continue to do skits together. I've only done a couple skits with them, but it's quite common among a large enough group that more than one 'good idea' comes along at the same time, and the group has gotten large enough that it is time. so, you'll prolly see some familiar faces in skits in the future, and hopefully they will rock just as much. I'm glad so many people liked the AMA skit though, there were so many little things where I was like OMG, but it all looked good in the end. And according to my friends you totally can't tell I tripped going on stage. (I was the akio-pimp, you may have noticed me sort of 'jogging' my first few steps, but hopefully not)

oh yes! the beserker paine!! i had a chance to talk to her during cosplay line up. she was so nice. ^^ i absolutely luved her design. and the chii that was in the masq too. very niiiiiiiiiice. ^^

as for "fillin" dark muffins shoes... that's impossible. they are so awesome and i hope one day they'll put another skit together. it shocked me when they annouced it as a "final" poduction. ::Crosses fingers:: i looked forward to every masq hoping that they are in it. i love how they portray each anime they choose. sooooooo amazing.

vartan
06-01-2004, 02:28 AM
BTW lizzy, you were in the furuba group? I didn't get to see the skit but you guys looked awesome. Not only did the costumes look great but it's always cool to see so much representation of a series, hehe, especially furuba.

It's funny cause I didn't realize until i was in the cosplay green room (and near a real haru) just how similar my coat looked to haru's, I guess I was unconsciously influenced while I was making it since I've wanted to do haru for a while now. sadly, it's a bit too short so I'll have to redo it, but at least now I know how to do it easily enough.

dolst
06-01-2004, 09:29 AM

Yeah. Unfortunately, this was only the 2nd time I saw them. So I at least got to see 2 DM productions before they disbanded. Good to know they will still be around in some form or another.

The Witch Hunter Robin Geico one. <approval seeking>Did you like it?</approval seeking> Surf Wisely!

BondageFlute
06-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Kingdom Hearts group.. it was great. I loved loved loved the Sora costume. That keyblade was so beautiful. O_o

Also, the Cid from FFVII with the Scarlet, Reno, Rufus, and Hojo was the best Cid I've seen. ^^

And of course I thought Midknight's Nanami was perfect!

Edit: Forgot to mention the cutie "Chibi Action Squall", Shuichi's dog outfit, Mana, and the Kenshin group was also pretty cool..

ladysubaru25
06-01-2004, 11:11 AM
The Witch Hunter Robin Geico one. <approval seeking>Did you like it?</approval seeking> Surf Wisely!

OMFG!!! That skit was SOOO funny! Totally one of my favs from a writing perspective. I nearly fell out of me seat laughing. See, my day job is a sales agent for a car insurance company (NOT Geico!) and I get sick and tired about hearing about friggen Geico every single day of my life (and how cheap they are...)

"Fifteen minutes can save you Fifteen percent or less!" :bigtu: :dies:

Tora
06-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Heyyyy. I'm glad you guys liked the FB group. I didn't really take into consideration that we had the whole Souma family until we all gathered in the freight elevator. ^_^ ' (I was Hatsuharu, btw). We got a buncha awesome comments and hugs, so thank you for that!

Costumes I liked : The KH group! The wigs were GREAT, the costumes were awesome, and the props rocked.

Filth Kyo - Natalie, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE that costume!

I think I saw a Halo character there? If that's what you were, you OWN ME! XDDDD

Hellboy just plain rocked.

Midnight, your costumes were awesome, as always!

And I did love the DM costumes (those jackets were awesome). Even though I've never seen Utena, I could tell there was a good amt of work put into those (as well as that skit!)

I'm sure I missed alot more, but those are the ones I can remember!

dolst
06-01-2004, 12:23 PM
OMFG!!! That skit was SOOO funny! Totally one of my favs from a writing perspective. I nearly fell out of me seat laughing. See, my day job is a sales agent for a car insurance company (NOT Geico!) and I get sick and tired about hearing about friggen Geico every single day of my life (and how cheap they are...)

Hehe, yeah, we got the reaction we were hoping for. Actually better than we were hoping for. :-D I was actually spending the last few days before the con, trying to record a Geico commercial off the radio so I could have their silly little guitar riff they almost always end their commercials with. And wouldn't you know it, any other given day, you hear like 50 Geico commercials on any given radio station, but when I tried to wait for one and record it, NOTHING!!!! I even called Y101 and asked them when their next Geico spot was gonna be. After convincing the DJ that I was serious, he told me it'd be at 8 on Friday night. After my car blew up, it worked out that I was home then, and I had the recording going, and STILL NOTHING!!!! ...grumble...
But anyway, it still went off very well, even without that sound bite.
It was going to be Gundam-based, and it was going to be a twist on something like mobile suit insurance or something, but dEx convinced me to go with WHR, and I think it was all the better for it.
Glad you found it amusing. I'm a sucker for making people laugh. :-) Surf Wisely!

NeoLunaAngel
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
The Kenshin group was awesome...

I particularly remember sitting between two people in the lobby, one a guy and the other a girl, and hearing them both comment how great the Kenshin was, but both for their own reasons/interests...

XD

I loved the Bereserker Paine...so great...

Did anyone else see the hot Battle City Kaiba running around on Friday???

*Drool* I wonder if he's taken ^_-;;;

dizzylizzy
06-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Vartan- yah, i was in the fruits basket group (was hana). ::blushes::

Dolst- your skit made me crack up! lol ::Steals the tire::

vartan
06-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey there, I wish I gotten pics of you guys but I was running around crazy all day and not really carrying a camera around and stuff, but your hatsuharu was teh hottness.

Oh, and sorry for when I was like *stare* when I went to get water in the green room. I was all like...oh geez, her haru is awesome and since she doesn't know the skit she's gonna think I'm a retarded haru or some sort of horrible crossover character. And then you were like "hi" and I was like "uhhhhhhhhhhhh. hi *run run run*"
ah well.

and...thanks. I'll mention it to everyone. Some of us were worried that people were just gonna be like 'OMG they must have been too lazy to make duelist uniforms or something', which is always one of those perils with inspired-by-something costumes. At least it sounded like people got a kick out of a lot of the stuff...could you guys tell from the audience that the shiori had a rose crest on her bra with the 'wardrobe malfunction'? I realized after the fact that it might just look like a pink circle to a lot of people.

Heyyyy. I'm glad you guys liked the FB group. I didn't really take into consideration that we had the whole Souma family until we all gathered in the freight elevator. ^_^ ' (I was Hatsuharu, btw). We got a buncha awesome comments and hugs, so thank you for that!

Costumes I liked : The KH group! The wigs were GREAT, the costumes were awesome, and the props rocked.

Filth Kyo - Natalie, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE that costume!

I think I saw a Halo character there? If that's what you were, you OWN ME! XDDDD

Hellboy just plain rocked.

Midnight, your costumes were awesome, as always!

And I did love the DM costumes (those jackets were awesome). Even though I've never seen Utena, I could tell there was a good amt of work put into those (as well as that skit!)

I'm sure I missed alot more, but those are the ones I can remember!

Solairis
06-01-2004, 04:50 PM
I'd have to say my best friend in the universe....he crossplayed as Lulu...but then again, Im kinda partial :bigtu:

dizzylizzy
06-01-2004, 05:03 PM
vartan- DM could have gone on stage in normal clothes and it would have rocked. lol i thought the whole "sexy" thang was a great twist considering the series! i actually missed the whole "grabbing and the cosplay malfunction". i caught like the part where it was "open" and she held it closed. i figured that's what it was. ^^ made me laugh. DM just has original skit ideas... i shall miss it. :(

Xavier
06-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Loved Hellboy... hehehe

... of course I'm always the eternally loved schoolgirl guy ^^; (though I will be in a different costume at Otakon)

Midknight
06-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Berserker Paine was really awesome. Madhatter's Kyo outfit was amazing. Dan's Hell Boy costume was pretty spiffy (even though I only got to see it in passing). The Lulu in the masquerade had a really great costume also.

I'm so glad you guys liked my Nanami outfit. ^_^

vartan: I was wondering about the Akio jacket when I saw you guys in the green room. I figured it had something to do with your skit. You guys rocked btw.

I really didn't get that much of a chance to look at other people's costumes since I was on the go most of the time lol.

UnwantedKikyo
06-01-2004, 06:20 PM
yes Jen ur nanami rocked!!!

I like all the agents new costumes and tora ur haru was awsome-ness!! Jess I loved how u put the fur on kirara...and chibi megans little kirara bobble head...haha ^_^

Dan,ur hellboy was awsome even though I only talked to u for like...3 mins..haha ^^;

Kingdom Hearts group was good too...liked the props.

thats all...I saw more but i cant think of em right now

Nikol
06-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I'd have to say my best friend in the universe....he crossplayed as Lulu...but then again, Im kinda partial :bigtu:

I loved his costume. I have to admit it took me a second look to realize he was a guy though. That was one the best Lulu's I have ever seen though. Props to him!

Paxus
06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Dan's hellboy was great. As usual the gang had amazing costumes, i'm forever blown away how well they cosplay, glad to see you guys got some more awards : ). I was happy to get my will turner together at the last minute, (no-sew whoo!). Loved that dir-en-grey costume i saw, couldnt remember what it was from at first. There's tons more, but can't really recall much. Saw a lil EGL, which was a nice change from the "vomitted on by hot topic" look that has been running rampant. -&rew

Kyoryoku
06-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Aww, there's so much Dark Muffins love in this thread ^^. Not to attention-whore myself out, but I was Utena in the AMA skit. I was also a hall costume judge, and actually getting to look at everyone's costume up close was amazing. The two honorable mentions that I got to give out were the Jessica from Lunar and the Naussica. You guys were awesome :D *scampers off*

dizzylizzy
06-01-2004, 08:06 PM
::blushes:: i was the jessica. i was so shocked when i was called. i totally didn't expect anything at all!

::Sends more DM luv::

Reiko
06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not even into FF and I thought that Paine had a great costume.

And Reiko, I like your new icon, haha

MUHAHAHA well it fits since I was the yuki. thanks Stuuuuu, thats the only nice thing you said to me with out being a smart but.... lol stuuuuu I'm glad they announced your name right at the Cosplay ^_^

Kyoryoku
06-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Oi, I see you're wearing it to Otakon too. Yeah, I just can't say how much I loved that costume. It was just so... clean. The Ruby with you was also really awesome. I would have liked to give a few more honorable mentions, but they wouldn't let me ^^;.

Paul (vartan) seems to pretty much have the issue with "the final DM skit" covered, but just to give my two-cents: Patrick, the guy whose always been looked at as the director, decided that he didn't want to do skits with the rest of the group anymore. So him and maybe one or two other people from our original group are gonna do their own thing with some new people, while the rest of us (a good 12, possible more at the moment) are sticking together and have plans to keep doing so. We always said that if the group ever split up that we'd drop the name, just because I guess it wouldn't be fair for one half to keep it (and the regognition that comes with it O_o ) while the other didn't. Hell, we might not even have a name anymore. We didn't use one at Katsu this year but a lot of people still recognized us.

Okay I'm rambling. Short version: Dark Muffins ain't goin' nowhere. Just the name ^_^

::blushes:: i was the jessica. i was so shocked when i was called. i totally didn't expect anything at all!

::Sends more DM luv::

madhatterr104
06-01-2004, 09:05 PM
can't believe i missed this thread o.O

thanks to jen and tora and everyone else who mentioned me ;~; im really honored that you guys like it..all of you are such wonderful cosplayers

fruits was deffinatly my fav costumes out of the con..i had to resist the urge to hug tora and the momigi..>>;;

the chi in the costume contest did such a great job, i got to inspect her costume up close since we hung out in the line for the stage..we talked of how it would be cool if we got to go on stage together..because our costumes were total opposites..lol.

we all know the beserker paine was awesome..thats a given.

the hellsing peeps...

the lulu in the contest, how she walked in that thing, i'll never know XP

im sad that i didn't get to see the dark muffin skit..i've never seen one and now i never will ._.

enigma
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
im sad that i didn't get to see the dark muffin skit..i've never seen one and now i never will ._.

Aww! I just wanna say that there are a few copies of Dark Muffins skits as well as many awesome ones online on places like chocoborancher and DeathCom and some other sites as well. I'd definitely check them out. There are a lot of really noteworthy skits out there that deserve the recognition and everyone should see them!

But alas, this not be a skit thread...

My favorite costumes of the weekend were the furuba group (great job guys), the Dir-En-Grey cosplayer with the amazingly cool dreads!, and *racks memory* the Tsukasa! The staff was so coool!

As for non-anime stuff I loved Dan's Hellboy costume as well as the several Pirate's of the Caribbean costumes I saw.

Awesome job guys! I really need to not be so lazy and start doing hall costumes again. ^_^;;; I feel left out that I didnt' have a cool one to walk around in!

dolst
06-01-2004, 09:42 PM
We always said that if the group ever split up that we'd drop the name, just because I guess it wouldn't be fair for one half to keep it (and the regognition that comes with it O_o ) while the other didn't.

Axl Rose and the guys from the Misfits could learn a thing or two from y'all. ;-)

Short version: Dark Muffins ain't goin' nowhere. Just the name ^_^

That's good to know. I don't go to a lot of cons (yet) so I have only seen two DM productions. I am glad to see that I won't necessarily have to do without, after all. :-) More DM love to add to the collection. Surf Wisely!

Atrista
06-01-2004, 10:42 PM
I really liked the KH Rikku. I also saw a great lady luck yuna and a great Tsukasa from .hack//, the staff was the best I'd ever seen, although it was a touch large. I thought it was vacuum formed, but it was carved foam. Awesome craftsmanship.

raiga
06-01-2004, 11:22 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! ^.^ <-really big happy face! solairis i would say you did a sweet chun li costume and nikol, thank you very much for the compliment, i loved your rikku costume, and also dizzylizzy, props to you guys, awesome yuna and auron (A.K.A giant alucard) costumes, i was honored by the photoshoot. p.s. who ever did the giant kirara costume gets MADDDDDDDD props, they did an awesome job!

MajinAdam
06-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I loved all the costumes there, I really liked the Kingdom Hearts cosplayers the best. I can't believe I got on stage and fought Goku in my Buu costume lol. I was just sitting there enjoying the show when suddenly they all told me to run up there lol. ^_^

~ADAM~

NixKlouD
06-02-2004, 04:18 AM
Dark Muffins was my favorite cos skit, and the Filth Kyo was and Chobits (the chick who turned 21 had the best of the Chobits I saw) were my favorite costumes. Great job to anyone who attemped though- it's a lot of work ^^
Take Care,
-Nix```

Tora
06-02-2004, 07:29 AM
but your hatsuharu was teh hottness.

XDDD Thank you!!! ^_^_^_^_^

Oh, and sorry for when I was like *stare* when I went to get water in the green room. I was all like...oh geez, her haru is awesome and since she doesn't know the skit she's gonna think I'm a retarded haru or some sort of horrible crossover character. And then you were like "hi" and I was like "uhhhhhhhhhhhh. hi *run run run*"

0_0 It's totally fine! In fact I think I was in the middle of doing something stupid, like reciting my ABC's or something (to calm myself down >_<) and I turned around to see you standing there.

So that was more of a 0_0 ^_^* "Hi!" XDDD So don't worry about it!

BondageFlute
06-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Lots of Furuba talk.. Which reminds me I forgot to mention the two Harus that were wandering around. (One I believe was just there on Sunday). We stuffed dollars in their pants! So.. Automatically I loved their costumes.

I never saw all of the agents' group. I hope I can find some pictures later. ;-;

Stueypark
06-02-2004, 12:49 PM
MUHAHAHA well it fits since I was the yuki. thanks Stuuuuu, thats the only nice thing you said to me with out being a smart but.... lol stuuuuu I'm glad they announced your name right at the Cosplay ^_^
The only time? but what about that time when... or the instance where... the... ok, so maybe you're right. ^^

I also thought it was funny how he pronounced Stuuuuu, made me sound like a wrestler.

ladysubaru25
06-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I can't believe I got on stage and fought Goku in my Buu costume lol. I was just sitting there enjoying the show when suddenly they all told me to run up there lol. ^_^

OMG- that was funny as hell. I was rollin... abd I don't even watch DBZ!
And I got a great pic of it HERE! (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142164&password=b408627621a0febc2b53b59cfc01e59e&sort=1&cat=7634&page=2)

I'll never hear the Dueling Banjos song the same way ever again...

MajinAdam
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
And I got a great pic of it HERE! (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142164&password=b408627621a0febc2b53b59cfc01e59e&sort=1&cat=7634&page=2)

LMAO, That is a great picture lol. I forgot about the whole dueling banjos thing lol.

~ADAM~

Deena
06-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I really loved the Envy cosplayer. He looked so much like Envy from FMA and I finally tackled him with a hug after seeing him nearly all day Satuday. Wai~!

I was suprised how many people took pictures of me. I wasn't even in costume. I understand the people from Plushie Con taking a few pictures because I was carrying around a teddy bear at my side. But Yea. ^^; It was interesting. I really wish I could have grabbed a few pictures of the male Lulu. He was great. We forced our friend Hector to dress up in Amy's Yuna costume and made him walk around the hotel. I'm sure a few of you saw him. It was great. XD TJ put on the bra and was walking around at one point... AMA was very amusing. ^^;

[EDIT] I've seemed to have forgetting the BEST cosplayer that. He stayed in character the whole time even when just simply walking around. Jack Sparrow. It was perfect. I gave him so many hugs. It was great. ^_^

Tenshinoitami1
06-02-2004, 06:51 PM
I see a few mention of the Kenshin group, whoo! I was Kaoru. ^^ My boyfriend was the smexy Kenshin XD
I'm not sure what my favorite costumes where....I definiately loved GA's new Alucard costume and I thank him for entering the hall costume contest as ALucard with my Seras costume, I was so happy cause we won third place. =3
Sadly I didn't get to see any of the skits and I didn't get to see a lot of the costumes in the hall costumes contest because my cannon was giving me problems and I had to sit there for like 5 minutes and fix it --;
I saw a really good popstar Yuna, and of course who doesn't love GA's Auron, congrates on the award. And the huge Inuysha group, congrats on your award too. I've seen you at Nekocon and Otakon and you guys are very good at what you do, even in your other group coplays. That's what I would like, a gourp of friends to cosplay with...all I have is the Kenshin group right now and they are a hard bunch to push into cosplaying others as a group. heh ^^;
There where so many good costumes, I can't think of them all now.

Reiko
06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Thank you very much ^_^ *was Sango from the big IY group*

well it is a special feeling I guess you would would call it having a tight group of friends to share ur love for cosplay with lol ^_^

*sniffles* I love you guys!! lol

[QUOTE=Saeto

Fruits Basket: You guys were too cool. ^^ That was one of the best team efforts I've seen and your presentation was so cute.

The Inuyasha group: Awesome, especially the big mascot. I have seen your mascot walking around on all fours at several cons now, and wanted to tell you how much it rocked. Will you be at Anime USA? I have a friend who would like to pet it. ^^

Saeto[/QUOTE]

I dunno think we'll be at Anime Usa I think our next con is at otakon! Thank you so much for your comments.. I was nervous as hell getting judged! lol but I tihnk at otakon we'll have her around lol *hugs* thank you

raiga
06-02-2004, 11:39 PM
hey deena, if you want i could send pics. and im am really bummed, i missed the cosplay contest but i will definitely catch it next time, the skits sound awesome, i cant wait for next years con, new faces, new cosplayers AND NEW COSTUMES!!

MajinAdam
06-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Here are some pictures our club took, you'll just have to look around to find the cosplayers because some of the pics are just us getting ready for the trip.

THE GALLERY
http://geocities.com/swvanime/ama4.htm

~ADAM~

Toffeemuffin
06-03-2004, 01:05 AM
All those awesome skits make me wish I'd done the one I was planning! I'll have to admit, this being my first cosplay, I was a bit intimidated by all the obviously more experienced cosplayers. Also, I had no time to get a group together, next time I'll have the kinks worked out of the script............But I wish I had done it! :waaaah:

dizzylizzy
06-04-2004, 12:27 AM
::secretly puts link in thread::
http://tidalstorm.com/lizzy/album33

that's my AMA gallery. i really didn't get a lot of pics of other cosplayers this time around. AMA just flew by. O.o what i do have is a lot of the Agents of Cosplay/Gang Bonanza group. lol like tora's gallery (in another thread), it's almost like a documentary of the weekend. i haven't had a chance to add descriptions to the pics, but there are comments on some that will give you an idea of what was going on... i hope. lol btw, comment away on the pics. (also, you can check out other cons in that gallery too. ^^)

Lydian
06-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I didn't see as many Inu-yasha's as I do at most Cons, I guess this year everyone wanted to dress up as a soccer player :[

The guy in the Lulu costume...two thumbs up. He looked soo cuuute ^_^

UnwantedKikyo
06-04-2004, 03:42 PM
yes he did rock ^_^ I talked to him for like a min. b4 someone else dragged me away o.O;

raiga
06-04-2004, 04:43 PM
*reads posts as ego inflates* lol. THANK YOU!!!!! i loved your costumes! the whole I.Y. crew was awesome, your costumes looked like you really put a lto of effort in them and they looked great! i look forward to seeing you again at the next con! and next time ill make sure to bring a camera. I would have been taking pics constantly but being that it was my first con i had no idea what to bring, next time though, i want to get a pic of the whole I.Y. crew, that would be awesome!

Shastar
06-04-2004, 04:48 PM

hehe, cool, I'm even in there as Taiga (Took Buu a few seconds, but he took the guitar part to my "Golf club banjo" and it was good^_^ wish someone would have gotten a pic of me and Jack Sparrow back to back, tho^_^;; )

As for my favorite costumes:

All 3 Chun-Li's that I saw were great.

the crossplaying Lulu was awesome. He actualy had me guessing for a minute.

Shadow Trooper rocked.

Berzerker Paine was definately worthy of admiration.

and call me a dirty old man, but I was definately a sucker for the one girl in the X-2 Rikku costume.^_^;;

I'll be posting reference pics for all these in my gallery shortly.

And thanks to you all for the love for the Hellboy costume. I'll definately be wearing it around again^_^

Dan

Lydian
06-04-2004, 05:08 PM
call me a dirty old man, but I was definately a sucker for the one girl in the X-2 Rikku costume.^_^;;

Julia? She's my IRL friend ^_^

Shastar
06-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Julia? She's my IRL friend ^_^

Well she's extremely cute^_^. Hope I didn't creep her out any when I told her to "Kick her hip out a bit" when I took her pic^_^;;

Big Danny T

BondageFlute
06-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Ah, I really liked that Rikku too if you're talking about the one I think you're talking about. I think she talked to my friend who was cosplaying Squall. He said she was nice. ^^ I thought her costume looked great.

Darxim
06-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Well she's extremely cute^_^. Hope I didn't creep her out any when I told her to "Kick her hip out a bit" when I took her pic^_^;;
That pic is online somewhere, right?

Shastar
06-04-2004, 07:14 PM
That pic is online somewhere, right?

Yeah, in my "Members pictures" folder

Dan

Solairis
06-04-2004, 10:16 PM
hehe, cool, I'm even in there as Taiga (Took Buu a few seconds, but he took the guitar part to my "Golf club banjo" and it was good^_^ wish someone would have gotten a pic of me and Jack Sparrow back to back, tho^_^;; )

As for my favorite costumes:

All 3 Chun-Li's that I saw were great.

the crossplaying Lulu was awesome. He actualy had me guessing for a minute.

Shadow Trooper rocked.

Berzerker Paine was definately worthy of admiration.

and call me a dirty old man, but I was definately a sucker for the one girl in the X-2 Rikku costume.^_^;;

I'll be posting reference pics for all these in my gallery shortly.

And thanks to you all for the love for the Hellboy costume. I'll definately be wearing it around again^_^

Dan

*happy chun li dance* Yay!! :heart: 4 dan

Shastar
06-04-2004, 10:41 PM
*happy chun li dance* Yay!! :heart: 4 dan

Aww, thank ya, ma'am *tips cowboy hat*

Danny T

D2RCR
06-04-2004, 11:28 PM
I loved Berserker Paine, the Chii that was on stage during the walk-on portion of the cosplay, and the gothic lolita costumes that were floating around in there. The darktrooper, Hellboy, and both Aurons I saw were also awesome.

Emerald164
06-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah Berserker Paine was sweet and all the Yuna's and Rikku's looked good to. I also liked the couple Chun li's that were walking around...and I think I saw a Dan... ^_^

Dan...heh

Toffeemuffin
06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
I still think Solairis should've had a battle with the red Player 2 Chun Li. Prime entertainment there. You could even have made a skit out of it!

Solairis
06-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I still think Solairis should've had a battle with the red Player 2 Chun Li. Prime entertainment there. You could even have made a skit out of it!

and i would have so tolly opened a can of whoop ass.
4 i a|\/| t|-|3 1337 c|-|u|\| 1i!!!! :rockon:
lol, we'll have to do something like that next time

CosPinay
06-06-2004, 03:19 PM
wow....i just found this thread cause i haven't been online it what feels like ages, and just started going around and *BAM* all these people are saying such nice things about my berserker Paine. Thank you guys so much! I almost cried when i got my award that night i was so excited! and there were so many good costumes out there...the FB group just made me all giddy! hehe... they made me happy.... *^_^*

Stueypark
06-06-2004, 05:33 PM
wow....i just found this thread cause i haven't been online it what feels like ages, and just started going around and *BAM* all these people are saying such nice things about my berserker Paine. Thank you guys so much! I almost cried when i got my award that night i was so excited! and there were so many good costumes out there...the FB group just made me all giddy! hehe... they made me happy.... *^_^*
(I was in the FB group ^^)
Well, it was a great costume, plus you seemed to really have the posing down well.

Dorian
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
lol....i was there but i dont see anyone that said they like my costume.....lol....by the way, im new....

Reiko
06-06-2004, 07:22 PM
well what was ur costume?

Dorian
06-06-2004, 07:30 PM
it was an original character.......i was a warrior with electrical tape on my nipples....i thought i went to far but some people liked it......

Reiko
06-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Sorry I didnt see you : / but I think people would take more to you if they knew what you were..

CosPinay You rocked! *hugs*

Dorian
06-06-2004, 07:37 PM
its ok that you didnt see me....i will find you next time

Reiko
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
lol alright then u find me.. next time ^_^

but yeah I was in fruits basket too

Emerald164
06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
lol....i was there but i dont see anyone that said they like my costume.....lol....by the way, im new....
I had the same problem no one seemed to care too much since i was an original character... and I worked so hard on my costume too...sewing is my nemisis :(

0h also I found a page from one of the people taking pictures there and he has a good amount of the costumes there...

www.scrope.com (http://www.scrope.com)

Reiko
06-06-2004, 11:01 PM
ahhh nice site!! they even have katsu X on there.

^_^ sweet thank you

UnwantedKikyo
06-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Dorian(Rickyyy)!!!! I saw u buttmonkey!!! >.>' when u were hanging out with little rachelll and max!! haha ^_^ fun times!!!

Dorian
06-07-2004, 04:32 PM
aww cool awsome someone knows who i am........hello i saw you too.....

UnwantedKikyo
06-08-2004, 04:02 PM
lolz!! ^^ everyone loves u riki!!!! <3 <3 *hugz*

raiga
06-09-2004, 12:42 AM
dont worry, im sure it doesnt count as spam. and of couse! there are otakus all over the place! you just have to know where to look! lol

Lydian
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
raiga, you were my favorite!! are you going to nekocon in virginia beach?

Mizuno Tenshi
06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
raiga, you were my favorite!! are you going to nekocon in virginia beach?

Nekocon is actually in Chesapeake this year. Close to Virginia Beach... but not quite. They had to turn people away last year. www.nekocon.org

Tenshi

raiga
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
i wish i was but sadly i cant. two reasons being i have to work and also i have no money now if i could request off, get a free ride and get free room and board then hey! im there! lol

Lydian
06-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Nekocon is actually in Chesapeake this year. Close to Virginia Beach... but not quite. They had to turn people away last year. www.nekocon.org

Tenshi

Haha, everyone who lives in Virginia Beach considers anything within a reasonable, comfortable driving distance-Virginia Beach. Because we're all that matte....jkay :]

Sciguy
06-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Yeah, that Fruits Basket (I was Hiro, the Sheep) and Inu Yasha (reprising the role of Miroku) group was awesome! lol.

I liked the Witch Hunter Robin cosplayers. STN-J had an oddly strong presence here this year. Berserker Paine was awesome. Of course, the Lunar agents and Filth Kyo were great costumes! Gambler Yuna also caught my eye. good times. Ok, that's my post for the month...

UnwantedKikyo
06-14-2004, 12:13 PM
robbie ur such a dork...lolz ^^;

Kirby Parade
06-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Team Magma was the best cosplay there. I haven't seen any pics of them. So mabye I am the only person who thought they were good, or everyone is too proud to admit they like or know of an anime that pretty much is the whole reason for the anime explosion and most of the anime cons.
Or mabye there just not fanboy worthy...(rikku or anyone else like that)
I'm not trying to be nasty but I never see any pics of any anime that made it famous.
By the way I see pics of Storm Troopers, Zim, Spongebob, Capt. Jack and Hellboy....all were great cosplay BUT NOT ANIME!

Shastar
06-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Team Magma was the best cosplay there. I haven't seen any pics of them. So mabye I am the only person who thought they were good, or everyone is too proud to admit they like or know of an anime that pretty much is the whole reason for the anime explosion and most of the anime cons.
Or mabye there just not fanboy worthy...(rikku or anyone else like that)

Wow, dude, chill out. So someone didn't take pics of a group of cosplayers, big deal. I personally have a half dozen costumes that, had I not had my own camera, they'd have never seen bandwidth.

Oh, and sorry to correct you, but Pokemon is NOT the reason for the anime explosion. It was simply a well timed phenominon. I don't speak for anyone else, but I came into anime back in the days of tape trading, otakon was under 1000 people, and Ranma was king (or queen...) and most of the anime cons out right now (at least,t he sizeable ones) were formed pre-Pokeblitz (I.E. < 1998.)

I'm not trying to be nasty but I never see any pics of any anime that made it famous.

Umm, not exactly sure what you were trying to say here, dude.

But as for picture taking: maybe some fans don't want to take pictures of everything that comes their way. maybe some fans are tired of seeing pokemon and Dragonball cosplay, so they pass them by for the costumes they'd never seen before. At Otakon 2000, some fans ran by a PERFECT Sera Myu group to get a pic of me as Johnny Bravo (foam hair, blue jeans, t-shirt).

Had kevin Lillard, Deathcom, Lionel Lum, or Eurobeat King been at AMA, I'm sure the Team Magma would have been all over thier websites, but not everyone has the dedication of the aforementioned webmasters.

By the way I see pics of Storm Troopers, Zim, Spongebob, Capt. Jack and Hellboy....all were great cosplay BUT NOT ANIME!

Hey, to each their own. if someone wants to dress as Harry Potter or Zaphod Beeblebrox, I say let 'em. Anime fans are a quite diverse group and to get your panties in a bunch because some fans decide not to follow some unwritten code is really not worth the trouble.

So once again, chill out. Team Magma was a good cosplay, and I'm sure they didn't retire the costumes after showing them off at one con. So be patient and maye they'll pop up in an Anime Next, Otakon, or whatever convention gallery someplace.

singsgr8
06-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Just a quick note? I loved the Magmas... put one of them on my site. I'm not too ashamed to say that I watch, watched, and will always watch Pokémon. Same thing with Sailor Moon. Why is it that someone with a supurb Sailor Moon, or one of the other scouts, doesn't get their picture taken unless they are of a minority? If it is a big heavy person, a guy, or something off balance, they get their picture taken... if they just have an awesome cosplay, no pictures? Honestly, I take pictures of almost any costume I see come my way because, well that is what con is all about. All of those people worked hard on their costumes and should get their recognition. Hence the reason I take pictures, post them on the web, and tell people my site name. And for pertinant information... Pokémon was part of the reason for the anime explosion. I do speak for someone else and I came into anime the first year of Otakon. I was at the first Otakon, yes I was... back in the day with my family. They didn't know what Ranma was when I was at con, but then again... Dragonball and Sailor Moon were there. MMM Tape purchases... I miss those days when the boots were aboot.

I can honestly say I saw those Magmas get their pictures taken at least 25-50 times. They stood still like the best cosplayers I can think of. People who are proud of their costumes and would stand still for any number of people to take their picture. No questions asked, no grunts or moans, they just stood there, grinning or grunting (as per their character) and basked in the pride that someone was taking their picture.

I can honestly say my panties get in a bit of a bunch when I see those "off unwritten convention standards" costumes. They kinda make me think they don't like anime. If they did, they could have found something in the millions of anime, video games, or manga they could have cosplayed as. Either that or they are really really lazy....
Wow, dude, chill out. So someone didn't take pics of a group of cosplayers, big deal. I personally have a half dozen costumes that, had I not had my own camera, they'd have never seen bandwidth.

Oh, and sorry to correct you, but Pokemon is NOT the reason for the anime explosion. It was simply a well timed phenominon. I don't speak for anyone else, but I came into anime back in the days of tape trading, otakon was under 1000 people, and Ranma was king (or queen...) and most of the anime cons out right now (at least,t he sizeable ones) were formed pre-Pokeblitz (I.E. < 1998.)

Umm, not exactly sure what you were trying to say here, dude.

But as for picture taking: maybe some fans don't want to take pictures of everything that comes their way. maybe some fans are tired of seeing pokemon and Dragonball cosplay, so they pass them by for the costumes they'd never seen before. At Otakon 2000, some fans ran by a PERFECT Sera Myu group to get a pic of me as Johnny Bravo (foam hair, blue jeans, t-shirt).

Had kevin Lillard, Deathcom, Lionel Lum, or Eurobeat King been at AMA, I'm sure the Team Magma would have been all over thier websites, but not everyone has the dedication of the aforementioned webmasters.

Hey, to each their own. if someone wants to dress as Harry Potter or Zaphod Beeblebrox, I say let 'em. Anime fans are a quite diverse group and to get your panties in a bunch because some fans decide not to follow some unwritten code is really not worth the trouble.

So once again, chill out. Team Magma was a good cosplay, and I'm sure they didn't retire the costumes after showing them off at one con. So be patient and maye they'll pop up in an Anime Next, Otakon, or whatever convention gallery someplace.

Wakusei
06-24-2004, 02:03 PM
* :waaaah: Wakusei is sobbing in a cormer :waaaah: *
I noticed nobody mentioned me. I went as Hatake Kakashi and got a neat certificate for honorable mention. The biggest thing that gets me about me not even being mentioned is that Berserker Paine was mentioned in nearly every comment and I WAS RIGHT BESIDE HER. That's cold man... :blubber:

Just you wait though...

Oh, by the way, did anyone get a photo of me? I had my brother take some and none of them came out. I would really appreciate a copy, even a scanned and emailed one.

I'll be at Anime USA, not only in costume but totally in character. It won't be Kakashi, but anyone who's a Naruto fan will know me when they see me.
:crylaugh: Wah ha ha ha!

Flute
06-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Edit:: >< So sorry. This post is made by BondageFlute, who forgot again to switch from her sister's name.... Many many apologies!!::

* :waaaah: Wakusei is sobbing in a cormer :waaaah: *
I noticed nobody mentioned me. I went as Hatake Kakashi and got a neat certificate for honorable mention. The biggest thing that gets me about me not even being mentioned is that Berserker Paine was mentioned in nearly every comment and I WAS RIGHT BESIDE HER. That's cold man... :blubber:

Just you wait though...

Oh, by the way, did anyone get a photo of me? I had my brother take some and none of them came out. I would really appreciate a copy, even a scanned and emailed one.

I'll be at Anime USA, not only in costume but totally in character. It won't be Kakashi, but anyone who's a Naruto fan will know me when they see me.
:crylaugh: Wah ha ha ha!

Eh, -shrug- Paine is more popular of a character, and she's also pretty complicated. Though I've heard of Naruto, I've yet to see it. My friends advise against it. (Are they perhaps wrong to?)

But anyway, don't sweat that kinda stuff. It's not like everyone that was at the con is on cosplay.com anyway. I was Hisoka from Yami no Matsuei.. and apparently Quatre from Gundam Wing.. And though I've not been mentioned by anyone here >> I've got some pretty awesome compliments, at the con and not.

Anyway, costumes like Berserker Paine are stand out to people. Mainly because their complicated. And 'favorite costumes' lead to 'memorable costumes', I do suppose.

So again, don't sweat it. ^_^ I'm sure plenty of people liked your costume.

Wakusei
06-27-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm not so much upset that no one chose to talk about me as I am that there doesn't seem to be a single photograph of me in my Kakashi costume. :untrust:

I have seen galleries upon galleries of photos taken at the convention and some of them so extensive that they have nearly everyone pictured who participated in the masquerade, but once again.... No me. :hafha:

I won't go so far as to say that my outfit was the most elaborate, because it wasn't by a long shot. I won't even go as far as saying my outfit was my favorite out of the many that were at the con. If I had to pick it would probably also be Paine. I'd probably be a little biased though since she's my favorite because she gave me lots of tips and stuff while in line. :bigtu:
Although I was also very intranced by her outfit. She deserves to be favorite too, since she's been doing it long before me.

It would seem that there are 2 main ways of getting noticed in a post like this...
1/ Come as a very eleborate character (including articulate armor.)
2/ Come as a popular character and perform a hilarious skit.

I'm gonna try them both atleast once, the latter first of course, and hopefully I'll show up on the next "your favorite cosplayer" posting. :p

Fans of Naruto did however shower me with free pocky. That's something. Oh and if you're still up in the air on seeing Naruto, you should. There is something for everyone in it, atleast that's what I noticed and I have a wider range of likes than most.

Shastar
06-29-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm not exactly sure who Wakusei is, but you can look through my gallery and check:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Shastar/AMA%202004/

Enjoy!

Big Danny T

Reiko
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
^_^ sweet you got one of our fruit basket cast ^_^

and a pic of Andy the DJ umm as Will Turner ^_^

Wakusei
06-30-2004, 12:49 AM
Oh well.. I wasn't there either. I've decided to borrow my dad's digital camera just so I can get a picture of my outfit onto the web. It does a heart good to know that out of the dozen or so folks that asked me to pose for a picture none of them post on the internet. :lost:

Luckily this was only version 1 of my Kakashi costume. I plan to add more details to it before the next convention I attend. At that point I will come prepared with both digital and normal cameras. 3 shots for each picture should cut down on the foul ups during development.

I used to work at an amusement park and was well known by the photo place because I ended up in about 50% of all photos taken during my work days. Oh the sweet irony that now I go to conventions and end up in none. :p

Riji
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Don't feel bad, it could be worse. I easily got over 30 picture requests and I've only found two pictures on the internet. :thumbsup: :waaaah:

There were some good ones too.

Wakusei
06-30-2004, 10:40 PM
The really sad thing is that they did the masquerade after the skits, forcing nearly all the off-stage cosplayers to go skitless. The only thing I could do as entertainment while waiting in line was talk to Cloud and Paine, whom I was stuck between. They were both fantastic people and I was toward the end like I requested. It's a pity I didn't have a microphone for my Kakashi tardiness excuse, the look on Captain Jack's face was priceless.

*BIG NEWS*
Found a photo! Anyone curious about my Kakashi outfit can check out the only photo I've found on the net. It's on my profile here, just click on my name there on the left...
It's not the best one I posed for, but I'm taking some better ones soon.

seira-chan
07-13-2004, 03:32 PM
I so totally cannot believe this!!! I'm quaking! There's all you awesome cosplayers on here!!!!! :jjacks: Anyway, I'd like to say I really liked the DM group 0.0 wow! Also, I do admit that the Furuba group was awesome, thinking back on it, because at the time I had no clue what FB was, and i was alll hunhhhhhh? Loved the cute white Chi - the 21 girl. Also, I enjoyed the whole cosplay - this was my first con, and I was totally blown away by EVERYONE in costume!!!! Great job!! I love you all! Whenever we drive by the hotel... ah, the memories! Anyways, most of what I woulda said's been said, so... oh well. I will post pictures in here sometime - please tell me who you are if I got your picture! Alas, i know nobody! -_-' Oh, and if anyone got our picture, please tell me - my sister and I were the two Cardcaptors schoolgirls in their PE uniforms, gawking at everything! ^_^ (And i'm sorry for getting a little off-topic -.-')

Shastar
07-13-2004, 07:40 PM
I so totally cannot believe this!!! I'm quaking! There's all you awesome cosplayers on here!!!!!

hehe I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say welcome to the world of Conventions^_^

Can't wait to see your pics. I must have missed you, of course, I was pretty busy all weekend.

Again, welcome^_^

Big Danny T (Hellboy on Friday, Taiga as your humble halftime game show MC^_^)

Wakusei
07-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Yay, Big Danny T! The hardest workin' man in cosplay.

I plan to go out of my way to make myself noticable from now on, so I'll never get left out of a post again. Woohooo!!

I missed seeing Hellboy with my own eyes, but I did get to see photos. Nice!

BuckledWinter
07-14-2004, 08:54 AM
I wish I had seen your Kakashi costume ^^. Many great costumes, even though I was only there for a few hours. My favorite costume with the Kyo from Dir En Grey ^^.

seira-chan
07-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Yesssss!! Someone replied! Thank you! After I posted, though, I thought of some characters I didn't mention that I liked. I liked the Darth Vader (although everyone else insisted he was a storm trooper -.-') the big red mascot character (?) and the Kenshin I saw. I think he was the one with the Kenshin group, but I just saw him. When i found out there was a whole group I was like "how on earth did I miss THAT! >.<" cuz I love that show! Anyways, I'll get my pics on as soon as I figure out how to do that... And the worst part is that we lost the disk with most of the pictures from the actual cosplay. Doy! >.< smacks head. I'm really glad, however, that I got into conventions! ^.^

natsume_chan
07-29-2004, 01:50 PM
hey, I'm on here! I'm the A20 girl! this is so awesome, I'm on the web! I love it! ^_^ hey Subaru!

hakaishin_jin
07-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey, whats up Natsume-san? It's me Jin.

Solairis
07-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Yesssss!! Someone replied! Thank you! After I posted, though, I thought of some characters I didn't mention that I liked. I liked the Darth Vader (although everyone else insisted he was a storm trooper -.-') the big red mascot character (?) and the Kenshin I saw. I think he was the one with the Kenshin group, but I just saw him. When i found out there was a whole group I was like "how on earth did I miss THAT! >.<" cuz I love that show! Anyways, I'll get my pics on as soon as I figure out how to do that... And the worst part is that we lost the disk with most of the pictures from the actual cosplay. Doy! >.< smacks head. I'm really glad, however, that I got into conventions! ^.^

Lol, I know the guy, Matt,, and yeah, he was supposed to just be a storm trooper :p Does anyone know who all won the cosplay contest? I have a hunch the Inu Yasha group did, they were awesome

seira-chan
07-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Ah, so he WAS a Storm Trooper! Now that I look at the picture, his mask IS different from Vader's. And I found the disk! My pics will be up as soon as I make them all 150k... As for who won the cosplay... IF I remember this correctly, the Fruits Basket group won a lot of the novice awards, Dark Muffins' Utena group got an award, the little kid as Seiya won the huge prize of moolah, and Tsukasa won the coordinator's award for her awesome staff... but this is all my vagueness of memory... they awarded them really fast. 0_0' Hope I could help!

Reiko
08-01-2004, 09:41 PM
^_^ well *was Sanog in the Inuyasha group friday* won 1st in hall costume contest and *was yuki in fruit basket* also did win novice in craftmenship and a few others of our group won various awards, like our Hana won for jessica from Lunar for attetion to detail not to metion 1st in both drama and comedy in the AMV's ^_^ and *forgive me chris but I dont know if you are in c.com* won for best armor as Kaiba.. I believe....

*lol runs away*

seira-chan
08-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Ah, so the Inuyasha group was for hall costume... I didn't remember what they were in, so I didn't say... Didn't want to get on anyone's bad side. ^_^ Congrats to all the winners!!