PDA

View Full Version : What is your most memorable experience at PMX?

laserkei
06-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Me being bored I'll start a thread ^ ^;; Getting to see Psycho le Cemu and even tho I had to wait in line for hours for the concerts it was well worth it. And getting a picture with the PLC members at the photo opt and umm other things too during that time ~_~;;

FlameSniperRei
06-01-2004, 12:24 PM
The most memorable experience was just hanging out with my cosplay group :) ! I wanted to see PLC but I didn't have time. ;_;

Claire
06-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Seeing Yura in a cab outside the hotel, and being glared into the ground by his entorague, and the Advanced Jrock Panel that turned into the Iron Loli Battle. ^^

jen_kat
06-01-2004, 01:16 PM
The T.M. Revolution/Nami Tamaki concert was the first pop concert I've gone to, and it went quite well. ^_^ That makes me really happy. This was also the first time I've shared a room with so many people, so it was a good thing that we had adjacent rooms otherwise it would've been crowded like no tomorrow. o_O;; I think the best part of the con was meeting people that I knew online, but had never met in person before. ^^ It was kind of funny.. my friends kept commenting that I knew a lot of people. ^^;;

laserkei
06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Seeing Yura in a cab outside the hotel, and being glared into the ground by his entorague, and the Advanced Jrock Panel that turned into the Iron Loli Battle. ^^
I went to the Adv jrock panel, i loved the dresses! :bigtu:

Rey-Rey
06-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I think the best part of the con was meeting people that I knew online, but had never met in person before. ^^ It was kind of funny.. my friends kept commenting that I knew a lot of people. ^^;;

I missed you there although I knew you were part of that huge group.

I was the one that gave that Chii cosplayer a buck after her walk-on. I would've given two but she only asked for one. >=D

positivespace
06-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Everything PLC-related was a highlight for me... such an awesome experience!

FlameSniperRei
06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
*waves at Cheryl* :) yay I actually got to see you finally lol!

Evil Bishounen
06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Yasuhiro Nightow! I sat through his panel! And later, I got his autograph!

...And he liked my hat!!

.....And finally winning a presentation-based award in a masquerade was also a nice high.. :rockon:

jen_kat
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I missed you there although I knew you were part of that huge group.

I was the one that gave that Chii cosplayer a buck after her walk-on. I would've given two but she only asked for one. >=D

But I didn't miss you! Ha! I actually saw you a few times around. I just wasn't able to go up and say hi. One of the times was when you were standing off to the left side of the Masq room, and another was outside in the hallway after Masq. Do you know where Jeanne went though? After seeing her up on stage, she disappeared. I wanted to tell her she did a great job up there.

You actually gave her money? Hahaha! I gave her my fries.

FlameSniperRei
06-01-2004, 02:44 PM
*waves at Jen_Kat* :)

Rey-Rey
06-01-2004, 02:49 PM
But I didn't miss you! Ha! I actually saw you a few times around. I just wasn't able to go up and say hi. One of the times was when you were standing off to the left side of the Masq room, and another was outside in the hallway after Masq. Do you know where Jeanne went though? After seeing her up on stage, she disappeared. I wanted to tell her she did a great job up there.

You actually gave her money? Hahaha! I gave her my fries.

Of course, how can you miss this handsome face? ^___^ v

Yeah, I gave that girl money. Then I immediately talked to her after telling her that I'm not a freak. O___O

jen_kat
06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
*waves back* ^_^

I'm glad I saw you there! And your performance during half-time was great.
I tried to take a video of it on my digicam.. but darn thing died on me.. so I only got a little clip. ^^;;

I got to take a picture with Rebecca, but I wasn't able to come up and ask you to take a pic together as well. ;_;

Next time, yeah? ^^

aimee
06-01-2004, 05:24 PM
PLC... nuf said!!

shinichiusagi
06-01-2004, 05:45 PM
this is the first time that we went to the pmx together, realli having fun ther~
and also made some new friends which are kool, especially that kenshin's group! *because we are shinsengumi! btw, the most excited moment was that we got the first place of the masq. contest! so nice.......^^~

XJhideSB
06-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Anything PLC related. Especially meeting seek, Yura, and Aya at Denny's. ^_^

laserkei
06-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Anything PLC related. Especially meeting seek, Yura, and Aya at Denny's. ^_^
I saw you many times and i must say your costume is awesome

AgentSakur9
06-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Hmmm... For me?

Getting to see SJ Perform for the first time (for me!!!) I was starry eyed... **^_^**

Also hanging with Dk_Squall, Yuna, Rey Rey and all. Text messages are eeeeevvvvuulllll.

Also giving the registration people $46 dollars, citing that that PMX needs the extra dollar... oooo I went there... Bad Sakur9, BAD!!! Oh yeah and getting that Yuna Vinyl Statue for $20. ha ha haha...

And my Miyazawa Yukino Pin!!! YAYness!!! **looks at it** =^_^=

FlameSniperRei
06-01-2004, 07:06 PM
^o^ aw that's so sweet to say! I hope we did okay, the mics were turned down so low that I practically had to yell-sing to be heard. X_X; *falls over*

>:O ITS MOON REVENGE WOOOOO! <~ me!

Videl-chan
06-01-2004, 07:28 PM
PLC!!!!!!!!!! I was in awww...and even now my neck hurts from head banging!!! I wish the concert never ended and I wish I would've seen everybody from the group somewhere else other than the actual concert. But I am still satisfied with seeing Aya live! He's amazing! I can't wait until my hair ends up like his wig. Two more years!!!

Jubei-chan
06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Videl and I had a blast!!! Top moment of the con was to get to thank Mr. Yoshimatsu and Mr. Nightow for such wonderful works such as Trigun and Jubei-chan. With Mr. Yoshimatsu I wouldn't have my alias. He even signed my Lovely Eyepatch, and signed autographs "To Jubei". That made my con! Of course then there was pics with him in my Jubei costume. And having Mr. Nightow wear "Drunk Vash's" tie and get a pic with him. That was most awesome! And of course there was getting to see PLC! A most excellent con! and Guy/Sam in the open autograph lines really rocked my socks too!!!

Michi
06-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Hmm... The masquerade was really memorable for me.. Practicing with my group and getting ready and performing.. All of it was so much fun. I haven't been in a masq since '02, and after this one I kept getting compliments on my singing.. O_O I've never been so flattered so much.. XD;;
Seeing PLC live (twice) was really fun.. and oh god the TMR concert was so exciting.. I had a much better time at that one than I did at Otakon. *_*
What else.. well, my friends and I had some late night con hotel antics but I think they wouldn't be as amusing if I described them here. :p
Most of the really fun stuff happened at like, dinner and in hotel rooms.. haha oh well.

the mics were turned down so low that I practically had to yell-sing to be heard. X_X; *falls over*!

Yeah... @_@ You had to be REALLY close to them to be heard well, and you guys had to do the routine so it was hard. =/ (My skit was the first one that did the song and stuff, so I've dealt with those things.. XD) But I could hear you guys fairly well anyway. ^^ :bigtu:

Matrix7reloaded
06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
The TMR and Tamaki Nami concert! And getting Tamaki Nami to pose for me as I took 2 great shots of her. And getting her autograph. And having her tell me that she remembered me from her panel. That was cool. Of course, I got to meet many many many people. Can't do that at a big con. Here, I kept running into the same people or just socialized in the lines. One positive thing about 5 hours of waiting in line. I give this con experience, an A+. The people I went with were pretty cool too. Thanks to Ken for lending the car. Jeremy for replacing our other member. And Kanvis for letting us make fun of you the whole time.

Maryssa
06-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I had a good time seeing the usual people. Other than that I didnt really have a great time. There really wasnt that much to do if you arent a fan of jrock (which I am not). Its kind of odd that such a small event was held in such a huge facility. I guess it was to accomodate the jrock bands though.

AgentONeal
06-01-2004, 09:14 PM
The most memorable moment for me was getting into an elevator and seeing Takanori (TMR) standing right there, bobbing his head as if he was listening to music (there was no music). Then when he got off, we said "WE SAW YOUR CONCERT LAST NIGHT! IT WAS AWESOME!" and he goes "Oh rearry?!?! Thank you!!" Then stood there and smiled.

He's so cute. I love him. =(

XJhideSB
06-01-2004, 10:01 PM
I saw you many times and i must say your costume is awesome

Thank you very much ^_^. I am glad that you liked it.

cutekawaii
06-02-2004, 12:12 AM
While my friends and I were in costume we saw Yura across the room going to the elevators. He saw our costumes, stopped dead in his tracks, and waved. WOW!!!

Then I met the *ahem* PRESIDENT OF SWEET CHILD WITH LIDA and got his business card ::frames::. Lida is really quiet and dresses nice lol.

Hanging out with O-Dai all weekend was a blast, they are so fun, especially Cas~

~Nikki

Dark Vision
06-02-2004, 03:57 AM
Riding in someone's trunk to the denny's, and popping out randomly when saw friends on the street on their way there.

Masquerade = stress but fun

Hanging out cuz well that's what filled most of the weekend.

Lastly Carls Jr. Con at the very first Carls Jr. ^^

Visual_Kyoist
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Everything... but I liked meeting PLC and seeing TMR again!!! Very fun!!

waynekaa
06-02-2004, 12:32 PM
this is the first time that we went to the pmx together, realli having fun ther~
and also made some new friends which are kool, especially that kenshin's group! *because we are shinsengumi! btw, the most excited moment was that we got the first place of the masq. contest! so nice.......^^~

Congratulations on winning in the masquerade.
That's good for a first time going to a convention.

Recca-kun
06-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Psycho le Cému singing "Roman Hikou" a capella style. As if they couldn't be any cooler already. ;) The story of the Psycho Balls was a riot too.

Anything Psycho-related over the weekend was awesome, but I know I'm not the only person who feels it was almost surreal. XD

Kusanagi
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Well, this was my first PMX.

I got to hang out with some old friends and made some new ones too ^_^

But I must say the funniest thing that happened, at least in my eyes, was that band Secret Secret that played for the masquerade. I mean, who stops their concert and says "Hey, we're sorry to be here!" I thought "Well, we're sorry to have you."

Those guys were PISSED when they went off stage. Plus I think the only japanese word he sang in the whole song was "Nichiyobi..." over and over.

The lead singer looked like he was in a hot topic when a bomb went off.

Claire
06-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Secret Secret's other concert got screwed up, but decided that they were there, so they should play sometime. They KNEW that the audience didn't care about them, so they skipped to their finale. They're all really nice and were there to have fun like everyone else - so give 'em a break, eh?

Evil Bishounen
06-02-2004, 05:07 PM
But I must say the funniest thing that happened, at least in my eyes, was that band Secret Secret that played for the masquerade. I mean, who stops their concert and says "Hey, we're sorry to be here!" I thought "Well, we're sorry to have you."

Those guys were PISSED when they went off stage. Plus I think the only japanese word he sang in the whole song was "Nichiyobi..." over and over.

*LAUGHS ASS OFF* XD I can't say I disagree with any of that....

People are going to have their opinions about them, because they aren't everyone's cup of tea. That's just how it is.

Pillowchii
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM

XD I totally agree! ...but to me, what was even better than Secret Secret was the band that played before them, O-dai. I'd heard some bad things, but when I finally saw them, I thought "They'd be so good if it weren't for the vocalist"...she just kept screaming at these sporadic intervals, it was almost painful. *shrug* But when the bassist took his shirt off I knew that they'd captured the hearts of every horny 13-year old in the room, so what're ya gonna do.

But I think the most memorable point was when the members of Psycho le Cemu walked throughthe Hilton to get ready for their discussion panel/signing and they weren't wearing their costumes, and since nobody realized it was them until they had gone EVERYone in the room just turned and was all like, "wow...that was PLC."...woo. I had fun. I hope PLC comes back next year!

Ameria
06-02-2004, 05:25 PM
The T.M.R./Nami Tamaki concert's definitely up there! I saw Takanori-sama getting out of the elevator Friday afternoon, it was my first time seeing him in person, and my jaw dropped. XD

Also, the karaoke room!! I hail Sponge, Haruko, and the rest of the karaoke staff! The Karaoke Ninja bows to your greatness!

And last but furthest from least, my most memorable experience was getting on the shuttle to Downtown Disney with a friend and meeting an absolutely AWESOME GUY that personifies my belief that anime fans are the kindest people in the world. He works at Downtown Disney and was sweet enough to get my friend and I into both parks for free. I feel so bad because I can't remember his name, so maybe someone could help me? He works at the confectionary shop down there, was wearing a white chef-type shirt and walking around the con with the big con bag. Pretty tall, black hair? Anyone know him? We must get in contact with him and thank him again profusely for one hell of a great Memorial Day!

Pillowchii
06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
...hey Ameria-chan, were you that Bag Girl I kept seeing at PMX? Hehe. I'm just curious.

laserkei
06-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Psycho le Cému singing "Roman Hikou" a capella style. As if they couldn't be any cooler already. ;) The story of the Psycho Balls was a riot too.

Anything Psycho-related over the weekend was awesome, but I know I'm not the only person who feels it was almost surreal. XD
I love how they sung Roman Hikou in that way! :heart:

Ameria
06-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Bag Girl? You mean the girl who wore the con bag as a vest? No, that wasn't me. ^_^; I'm as you see in the avatar. XD And I was also one of the Narutos. XD

cutekawaii
06-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Are you being sarcastic? I really can't tell lol. What did you hear bad about them, pray tell?

~Nikki

XD I totally agree! ...but to me, what was even better than Secret Secret was the band that played before them, O-dai. I'd heard some bad things, but when I finally saw them, I thought "They'd be so good if it weren't for the vocalist"...she just kept screaming at these sporadic intervals, it was almost painful. *shrug* But when the bassist took his shirt off I knew that they'd captured the hearts of every horny 13-year old in the room, so what're ya gonna do.

Rey-Rey
06-03-2004, 12:04 AM
My most memorable moment is meeting CUTEKAWAIIKAWAIICUTECUTECUTE. She's so hot that I can make my scrambled eggs and fry my bacon on her. >=D

Woof. >=D Cute Kawaii Kawaii Cute. >=D

Tetsugyu
06-03-2004, 12:13 AM
For me it was Cosplaying as "Young Carl in Japan" From Adult Swim's Aqua Teen Hunger Force and having Yasuhiro Nightow sign my ruined Gungrave poster (Which I spilled nacho sauce on) as the following:

"To: Tetsugyu cosplaying as Carl from ATHF,
YEAH, WHATEVA!

-Yasuhiro Nightow"

That plus my tribute to Mitsuteru Yokoyama as Ootsuka from Tetsujin Nijuu Hachi Go. Now if only my bottom left Button hadn't had fallen off as I walked on stage! ><

Lastly Carls Jr. Con at the very first Carls Jr. ^^

Damn you to hell Hui...Damn you to hell for ever conciving such an evil plot. That is the last time I ever point out that we're dining in the very first resturant ever built of a Fast Food Chain. *** damn you to the depths of hell!

PS: Thanks for stashing my crap for the Masqu :P

Hikari-chan
06-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Hello all! This was actually the first convention I've been able to attend, even though I've long been into anime & manga. :)

Such being the case, it's hard for me to pic my most memorable experience. The Nami Tamaki/T.M.Revolution concert was amazing: the energy of both the performances and the ecstatic crowd was indeed infectious. And the music was great to boot!

It was cool winning things at some of the panels and just listening to the announcements. I hadn't been that exposed to many AMV's before either, so many of the classics were new to me. Loved that Utena "Baby One More Time" video!

I really loved just "cosplayer watching," looking at the variety of costumes and trying to figure out what everyone was dressed up as. The masquerade was really fun too. There were a lot of well-done, hilarious skits. My favorite was the Secret of Mana skit, as I have very fond memories of that game. That and it was a crack-up watching the dancing shopkeep, lol! As Rose of Versailles is my favorite anime, I also really enjoyed the musical number Marie Antoinette and Countess DuBarry performed. There were so many good ones I can't remember them all...

I also enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the con. As there weren't as many people as, say, an AX, it left for plenty of breathing room and ease of access to pretty much all of the events. If I make it to AX this year, I dread standing in line to get those coveted Masquerade tickets. @_@

And finally, I will always remember the first PMX as the first time I cosplayed. :) It's amazing how much fun dressing in character is, and how good it feels to have people ask you if they can take your picture. I guess I did a pretty good job for my first cosplay then! I've found a few pics of me here and there online already too. I guess the feeling's still novel, eh? :p

The only problem I had at the con had nothing to do with the con itself: my digital camera is a piece of $#!%. I lost a number of my good pictures, and at times the camera would just crash so I couldn't take pictures when I wanted to. On top of that, all of the pictures I did get were of poor quality. I guess I'll have to look into getting a new camera, sigh.

All in all, I had a great time at PMX and am looking forward to attending next year!

cutekawaii
06-03-2004, 12:42 AM
My most memorable moment is meeting CUTEKAWAIIKAWAIICUTECUTECUTE. She's so hot that I can make my scrambled eggs and fry my bacon on her. >=D

Woof. >=D Cute Kawaii Kawaii Cute. >=Dahahahaha. yes.

~Nikki

cutekawaii
06-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Well, this was my first PMX.It was everyone's first PMX honey ^^;;

~Nikki

Tetsugyu
06-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Actualy it was my 7th year. I've been going since '98.

Evil Bishounen
06-03-2004, 02:05 AM
I really loved just "cosplayer watching," looking at the variety of costumes and trying to figure out what everyone was dressed up as. The masquerade was really fun too. There were a lot of well-done, hilarious skits. My favorite was the Secret of Mana skit, as I have very fond memories of that game. That and it was a crack-up watching the dancing shopkeep, lol! As Rose of Versailles is my favorite anime, I also really enjoyed the musical number Marie Antoinette and Countess DuBarry performed. There were so many good ones I can't remember them all...

BEST OLD SCHOOL GAME EVER!! *cough* >.>

Anyway XD we're glad you enjoyed our dopey little skit - and I'll be sure to pass the comment on to our dancing merchant. If you find us at AX, I'm sure he'll dance for you.

And yes, masquerade was tons of fun. The Rose of Versailles ladies were flat-out AWESOME. I got a really good laugh out of the .hack character mocking DBZ, since I used to be into that show back when I was first getting into anime. XD I also enjoyed the Wolfwood walk-on. And Darryl is a great MC, he's a funny guy and played really well with everyone else while keeping things moving.

And I had that guy version of "Hit Me Baby, One More Time" stuck in my head for TWO DAYS afterwards... >.>

Hikari-chan
06-03-2004, 02:19 AM
Hi Evilbishounen! ^_^ Yep, Secret of Mana's definitely one of the best SNES titles. I keep on waiting for another Mana game worthy of the original, but it hasn't happened yet. So whenever my husband and I get an action-adventure RPG craving, we pull out the good ol' SNES and plug in Secret of Mana. :)

I hope I can go to AX and find you guys... I don't know if my job will permit it yet though.

And actually, I STILL have that lousy Britney Spears song in my head! :waaaah:

cutekawaii
06-03-2004, 02:20 AM
Actualy it was my 7th year. I've been going since '98.But isnt PMX um..new?

~Nikki

Pillowchii
06-03-2004, 12:33 PM
But isnt PMX um..new?

~Nikki

Ya, I think this was the first PMX ever held. And btw I know of O-dai because my b/f is sort of their unspoken "rival" of sorts....kinda >.>;; Also, his friend used to be their guitarist, who lives in Florida also...but he got kicked out some time ago. Maybe because he wouldn't do fanservice XD

laserkei
06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Speaking of fan service, Someone was doing some fan service in the room where the psycho le cemu photo opt was being held.

Pillowchii
06-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Speaking of fan service, Someone was doing some fan service in the room where the psycho le cemu photo opt was being held.

oh, god. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a mediocre band that tries to up its numbers of fans with blatant and tactless fanservice. But I digress. How are you ^-^;; Hehe, spoken to Teara since the con? I do remember you. I forgot your name though, I just knew you as "the Miyavi Teara knows"

cutekawaii
06-03-2004, 04:09 PM
oh, god. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a mediocre band that tries to up its numbers of fans with blatant and tactless fanservice. It was just two random people at the PLC thing, jeez ~_~

~Nikki

laserkei
06-03-2004, 05:19 PM
oh, god. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a mediocre band that tries to up its numbers of fans with blatant and tactless fanservice. But I digress. How are you ^-^;; Hehe, spoken to Teara since the con? I do remember you. I forgot your name though, I just knew you as "the Miyavi Teara knows"
I haven't spoke to Teara since the con but i do know her LJ name.

Frozen Emotion
06-03-2004, 06:13 PM
laserkei... weren't those fanservice guys you and Kanvis(Chris/Kris..sorry I still can't spell it ';_;)....Yeah I would have to say the best thing about PMX were the 2 PLC concerts and anything PLC related... Head banging and para para at the concert were awesome!!! And I was also at the PLC panel...clinging to my new body fetus mommy Lol.... but I got in yay!!!! Harry was so nice :D! I love PLC..their live is awesome!!!

Michi
06-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Psycho le Cému singing "Roman Hikou" a capella style. As if they couldn't be any cooler already. ;)

YES YES YES.

After the first part of the concert, when they were off changing costumes... I said to my friend "I really hope they play Roman Hikou; that's my favorite song by them." and then... they came back and sang it in that freaking awesome a capella style. *_* AMAZING. XD

laserkei
06-03-2004, 06:19 PM
laserkei... weren't those fanservice guys you and Kanvis(Chris/Kris..sorry I still can't spell it ';_;)....

yeah XD;;;;

Kenjiro
06-03-2004, 11:08 PM

We were getting d*cked around the entire weekend. They didnt do enough promo that they promised for us, they moved around our second show 4 different times without telling us, and they moved our panel around 2 times, over two days. They really f*cked with us at that con, so we decided to f*ck them back by not doing our whole set. Nobody wanted to see us at the Masq. anyway, so we thought it was a good idea to just f*ck it and leave.

All of us were getting really fed up; luckily the PMX staff kept most of us drunk from that point on, so we wouldnt start too much trouble.

Partying in the Hilton with O-dai was awesome though...but Cas is too user friendly...if you know what I mean. lol

Tetsugyu
06-03-2004, 11:25 PM
We were getting d*cked around the entire weekend. They didnt do enough promo that they promised for us, they moved around our second show 4 different times without telling us, and they moved our panel around 2 times, over two days. They really f*cked with us at that con, so we decided to f*ck them back by not doing our whole set. Nobody wanted to see us at the Masq. anyway, so we thought it was a good idea to just f*ck it and leave.

All of us were getting really fed up; luckily the PMX staff kept most of us drunk from that point on, so we wouldnt start too much trouble.

Partying in the Hilton with O-dai was awesome though...but Cas is too user friendly...if you know what I mean. lol

That's a darn shame. I really feel for you if that was the case. Dispite that, I think it was bad taste to say "We're really sorry to be here." From the response from the crowd, you had some jubulant fans out there who cheered you on.

J-Rock or Visual Rock isn't my scene, I'm much more of a Metal Head, with elements of everything from Orchestra to Motown to J-pop and beyond, but I was willing to try something new when you guys came onstage. I always am, and even though I didn't get into the music or whatnot, I still gave you the respect you deserved for putting yourselves out there onstage and performing for an auidence. That takes alot of guts, more so than even half the cosplay/anime comunity has the balls for- especially here.

Maybe next time a Convention dicks you like that, you can take it out on them or figure it out through the right channels instead of ostracizing your audience. As a band, it'd be better to take it out on "The Man" instead of your fanbase. They'd appreciate that kind of respect.

Side Note: I have to say your Lead Singer, while being brave enough to wear everything Hot Topic has to offer (minus the Married With Children "No MAMM" Tees) is also a really nice guy. I really respected that about him...and when he said "We're...really sorry to be here" (or whatever the exact words were) it honestly made me sad.

Ameria
06-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, and the big hecklers at the masquerade were unfortunately sitting directly behind my group. I almost wanted to 'accidently' slam our Luffy flag pole into one of their abdomens...and trust me, it takes a lot to get me that mad. They were so rude, especially to Secret Secret and the cosplay MC. I hope a karma system really does exist. *nodnod*

Kenjiro
06-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Secret Secret's other concert got screwed up, but decided that they were there, so they should play sometime. They KNEW that the audience didn't care about them, so they skipped to their finale. They're all really nice and were there to have fun like everyone else - so give 'em a break, eh?

Well you're a sweetheart for defending us. Thanks.

Kenjiro
06-03-2004, 11:35 PM
That's a darn shame. I really feel for you if that was the case. Dispite that, I think it was bad taste to say "We're really sorry to be here." From the response from the crowd, you had some jubulant fans out there who cheered you on.

J-Rock or Visual Rock isn't my scene, I'm much more of a Metal Head, with elements of everything from Orchestra to Motown to J-pop and beyond, but I was willing to try something new when you guys came onstage. I always am, and even though I didn't get into the music or whatnot, I still gave you the respect you deserved for putting yourselves out there onstage and performing for an auidence. That takes alot of guts, more so than even half the cosplay/anime comunity has the balls for- especially here.

Maybe next time a Convention dicks you like that, you can take it out on them or figure it out through the right channels instead of ostracizing your audience. As a band, it'd be better to take it out on "The Man" instead of your fanbase. They'd appreciate that kind of respect.

Side Note: I have to say your Lead Singer, while being brave enough to wear everything Hot Topic has to offer (minus the Married With Children "No MAMM" Tees) is also a really nice guy. I really respected that about him...and when he said "We're...really sorry to be here" (or whatever the exact words were) it honestly made me sad.

The few that were supporting us got the whole story monday at the panel, so everything is cool. And thanks for your respect, also.

Ameria: Feel free to accidently kick the crap outta anyone who heckles us....muaaarrrharrrharrrr!

Pillowchii
06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
The few that were supporting us got the whole story monday at the panel, so everything is cool. And thanks for your respect, also.

Ameria: Feel free to accidently kick the crap outta anyone who heckles us....muaaarrrharrrharrrr!

I never spoke to any of you personally, but I did catch Jhonen Vasquez talking to ya. LOL Just so typical of him...sorry ^-^V We don't speak anymore though.....not that we ever did before, but at least he was nice to me before the whole Zim drama unfolded. Oh well, lets save that story for another thread. Hehe.

Tetsugyu
06-04-2004, 12:54 AM

You're welcome. I'm glad most of it got worked out for ya. It's too bad these hecklers couldn't have had the same comon respect for you, the kind that performers deserve. To Hecklers: You should try getting up there, hypocrites. Then you'd understand.

PS: I think Kabuki has cosplayed as your Lead Singer. What's his name again?

Claire
06-04-2004, 01:32 AM
That's a darn shame. I really feel for you if that was the case. Dispite that, I think it was bad taste to say "We're really sorry to be here."

I think, judging from the blank, unenthusiastic, and sometimes hostile, looks they were getting from the audience, that comment was meant more along the lines of "We're sorry we're not what you guys came here to see," and not, "We regret coming to PMX."

I was on staff, and I know that a lot of audience members were taking the delay WAY too seriously. Compared to other conventions held at the same center (*cough*), a fifteen minute delay is a fucking miracle. I'd rather wait a few minutes for a band to get their makeup on than an hour for tech to find where they put the CDs, or something, y'know? And Secret Secret was there setting up and doing a soundcheck and all that jazz - quite considerate compared to some preformers I've worked with.

Well you're a sweetheart for defending us. Thanks.

No problemo.

Tetsugyu
06-04-2004, 02:43 AM
True, but they had to have know that going into it. Still, Justin has cosplayed as the Lead Singer. I'd like to know his name or alias.

Kenjiro
06-04-2004, 10:15 PM
His name is Robert. No alias, just Robert.

Tetsugyu
06-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Right Right! I remember Justin's Robert costume. It was pretty great.

Michi
06-04-2004, 11:10 PM
x_X Jarod... *shakes head*

Anyway... I dunno... I never looked back at any expressions, but I remember hearing a lot of cheering/happy screaming for Secret Secret at the masq. =/

Tetsugyu
06-04-2004, 11:14 PM
What?? Justin's Robert Costume was fantastic. I think Justin went a step further and actualy wore the Married with Children "No MAMM" Tshirt underneath it, to complete the Hot Topic Fall Collection Line of Menswear.

Yeah I heard alot of cheering for you guys.

cutekawaii
06-04-2004, 11:32 PM
YES YES YES.

After the first part of the concert, when they were off changing costumes... I said to my friend "I really hope they play Roman Hikou; that's my favorite song by them." and then... they came back and sang it in that freaking awesome a capella style. *_* AMAZING. XDOh WHAT'S UP. That was definatly one of the highlights of the show *____* Most everyone's fave PLC song is Rouman Hikou, so I think 90% of the audience was absolutly floored. GOD to see that again!!!! GAH!!! *listens to cd*

Also, one thing that really impressed me... you know how there were staff members every 3 or so rows in the aisles? The guy in the aisle next to me had never seen or heard PLC, but after they did their second song he said to another staffer, "These guys are freakin awesome." YA DAMN STRAIGHT!

~Nikki

Jack Kim
06-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Though I have attended previous conventions like AX and SDCC, this is the first convention I attended with a digitial camera (The Picnic was the first gathering).
Thanks to all who let me take their picture, and you can see the results in the members' photo gallery under my screen name. I hope to take more at the upcoming AX2004.
See you all there!

Michi
06-05-2004, 12:16 AM
The guy in the aisle next to me had never seen or heard PLC, but after they did their second song he said to another staffer, "These guys are freakin awesome." YA DAMN STRAIGHT!

Yeah! Awesome! :bigtu: I brought a friend with me to the concert who had never heard of PLC either... But afterwards he was saying how great they sounded and how he wanted their CD. Bwahaha, conversion.

cutekawaii
06-05-2004, 12:52 AM
*totally random and off topic but* OMG Michi your sig!! I say 'badong' all the time XDDDD And it was nice finally meeting you :p

~Nikki

okita semi
06-05-2004, 01:26 AM
TMR is the best!!!!

But to me...the most memorable moment is when the judge announced we are the winner of the masquerade......haha~

doragon
06-05-2004, 02:25 AM
I'm beginning to wish I had gone everyday and seen all the concerts, but alas.. I only went Sunday to go to the meer Moriyama Daisuke panel. It was an awesome thing to go to, I might add.. bit sad that I was one of the few there that had read the series and knew what it was about and such. But still fun, especially to find out out he's extending the ending and such.

Well first, when my group walked in, cosplaying as his characters [I was Rosette, a friend was Joshua and the other Chrno] .. I noticed he made a gawking sound, out of joy and such... but then someone asked him about his opinion on people cosplaying as Chrno Crusade characters and he just says "I'm really happy yo see them..." and then his manager steps in going "he's estatic to see them! He makes me hunt them down!" and Moriyama then adds more to which the translater says, "yes, he is really happy to see them .. like those three over there" pointing to me and my friends and then she continues, "he's so happy he wants to cry!" To which I'm like.. oh my gawd, he loves us! and I squealed. All of us, unfortunatly, lost the raffle to get his sketches and I was bummed... so, after the panel ended, we were wondering if we should ask to take a picture with him and had a little debate, but to our surprise his manager [Moriyama is really shy...] came up to ask if we could take a picture with him [and then I go into 'Oh my gawd! he loves us!' all over again] and we took the pictures. After, a woman approached us explaining that Moriyama was really happy and excited that we had cosplayed and wanted to do something special, espeically if we weren't going to the signing, but we were so we got our stuff signed by him. [he signed my pocket watch] .. so I was all happy from that day.

Though, it continues [le gasp!] .. the next day, me feeling still giddy and making a creator happy, get an IM from our Chrno [who was able to go everyday] saying that Moriyama's manager told him that Moriyama-sensei wanted to give us sketches [to which I like.. died] .. so, I got his autograph and got a really pretty sketch from him [I'm still waiting for it in the mail *shakes fist at Alex*] So, that was my memorable moment from PMX .. yeah.

Michi
06-05-2004, 02:44 AM
doragon, that is such a great story. ^___^ I love hearing happy stuff like that. :D Yay for you!!

*totally random and off topic but* OMG Michi your sig!! I say 'badong' all the time XDDDD And it was nice finally meeting you :p

XDDD It is a WONDERFUL word indeed. And yes. Definitely. Next con we should hang out more. :bigtu:

Tetsugyu
06-05-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm beginning to wish I had gone everyday and seen all the concerts, but alas.. I only went Sunday to go to the meer Moriyama Daisuke panel. It was an awesome thing to go to, I might add.. bit sad that I was one of the few there that had read the series and knew what it was about and such. But still fun, especially to find out out he's extending the ending and such.

Well first, when my group walked in, cosplaying as his characters [I was Rosette, a friend was Joshua and the other Chrno] .. I noticed he made a gawking sound, out of joy and such... but then someone asked him about his opinion on people cosplaying as Chrno Crusade characters and he just says "I'm really happy yo see them..." and then his manager steps in going "he's estatic to see them! He makes me hunt them down!" and Moriyama then adds more to which the translater says, "yes, he is really happy to see them .. like those three over there" pointing to me and my friends and then she continues, "he's so happy he wants to cry!" To which I'm like.. oh my gawd, he loves us! and I squealed. All of us, unfortunatly, lost the raffle to get his sketches and I was bummed... so, after the panel ended, we were wondering if we should ask to take a picture with him and had a little debate, but to our surprise his manager [Moriyama is really shy...] came up to ask if we could take a picture with him [and then I go into 'Oh my gawd! he loves us!' all over again] and we took the pictures. After, a woman approached us explaining that Moriyama was really happy and excited that we had cosplayed and wanted to do something special, espeically if we weren't going to the signing, but we were so we got our stuff signed by him. [he signed my pocket watch] .. so I was all happy from that day.

Though, it continues [le gasp!] .. the next day, me feeling still giddy and making a creator happy, get an IM from our Chrno [who was able to go everyday] saying that Moriyama's manager told him that Moriyama-sensei wanted to give us sketches [to which I like.. died] .. so, I got his autograph and got a really pretty sketch from him [I'm still waiting for it in the mail *shakes fist at Alex*] So, that was my memorable moment from PMX .. yeah.

I'm so happy for you! It's always awesome when fans get to experience things like that with the people who make the entertainment they enjoy. I'm proud of you and wish you further luck and happiness in the future. :D

Teh Suu-chan
06-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Most memorable...? Hm. Definitely the cosplayer watching was one of them, and so was the karaoke room's variety show-- it was Monday, though, so I think a lot of people missed out. It was really, really funny. No, really. :D

Yeah, being the dork that I was, I was in there for pretty much the whole time. But that's alright-- I ripped up my voice, so now I have to save it till AX. Giving me an excuse not to talk to anyone but mah friends. :P Also, the PLC pre-thingy on Friday night was REALLY great. I couldn't see Yura-sama teaching us how to dance, though. ;_; Note to self: next time, sit nearer the front if you're behind tall people/people in tall costumes. But I got mah photo with the band, so yay. My mom asked who the blond girl was. :S Poor Yura-sama... too pretty. @_@ And it goes without saying that the concerts were amazing! Psycho balls... XD I was so highly amused. And yes, the a-cappella "Roman Hikou" was so so so so so great. <3 Though at first I was like... "Um, they're humming. Should I be worried?"

Overall, PMX was amazing, and I will definitely go next year-- I want to sign up as a volunteer, actually. Guess where at, too? :P

darrylhw
06-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Yo all,

I have two truly cool moments. The first is the combined experience of getting my first and second sketches ever. I got a Kuro-Neko-sama and a Rosette from Yoshimatsu and Moriyama respectively. Yoshimatsu was super cool and stayed well beyond his allocated time to sign everybody's items. Moriyama laughed at the fact that I wanted a nun with a gun because I attended 12 years of Catholic School. My roommate won two raffles and got a yoshimatsu and nightow sketches....I'm going to make those part of the rent he owes me.
The second was the Masquerade. It was my great honor to be the MC this year. Thanks to all the preformers. Secret Secret, I'm sorry for all the problems you encountered at PMX. We had our share too. I hope everybody enjoyed the Masquerade. I found it kind of funny that almost half of the audience was actually performers. I heard the hecklers. As an MC, I have mixed feelings about hecklers. On the one hand they are rude and disruptive. On the other hand, they provide such great fodder for the MC. Hopefully we will see everybody back for PMX 2005 Masquerade.

Darryl "Come support me at AX's Chibi Masquerade" Hwang

AgentSakur9
06-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Who rocked the house? Darryl rocked the house, and when Darryl rocks the house... he rocks it all the way down...(to his shorts at Denny's!!)

Man, you were a heck of a MC... You worked the crowd and even partcipated with some of the acts. Outstanding. I believe that Masquerade wouldn't have been as fun without you at the helm... Kudos to Darryl.

I got to see another side of Secret Secret the very next day. At the Masquerade they were sooo kowaiiii **runs** but after the SJ Panel, they were very gracious about time going a little over and even asked me to take pictures of him with Sailor Mars and Sailor Neptune on his camera phone, i sent him my copy as well. **^_^**

Rey-Rey
06-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Darryl's a hell of an MC.

But I'm keeping the twins, thank you very much. >=D

Woof. >=D Spring Ruffin'. >=D

Ameria
06-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah Darryl! Pirate-approved! :bigtu: I was sitting directly in front of a group of those hecklers and I think you dealt with them better than I would have. They were -that- close to getting a smackdown from the straw hat flag pole. XD But yes, hail the uber-MC!

shagrath
06-11-2004, 12:34 AM
well having TMR say that we should meet again and actually accepting my phone number should be most memorable, but it actually isn't. i met some one and now i can't remember his name!! if i post a picture of him would anyone help me identify him? i feel really guilty for forgetting his name......

cutekawaii
06-11-2004, 12:50 AM
well having TMR say that we should meet again and actually accepting my phone number should be most memorable*falls over* so has he called you yet? :p

~Nikki

Kenjiro
06-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Shagrath? Shagrath? Is someone else a Dimmu Borgir fan at this site? *_*

shagrath
06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
no, he hasn't called me, and somehow i don't expect him to either. and yes, i am a Dimmu Borgir fan!!! i love shagrath, he's so adorable!

DigitalCactus
06-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Mine would have to be spending time with the woman I care for, but I wont go into that here... kind of personal ^_^

But getting to meet Yasuhiro Nightow, creator of Trigun and Gungrave was an experience not soon forgotten! His art, to me is quite fascinating. I like his style and the way he weaves story lines...

The main purpose for extending my first visit to the west coast was to be with my friends and to be able to attend PMX. Thanks to my good buddy Jim, Jarod and I were able to get in.

I knew Nightow would be holding a panel at PMX, so of course I had to go!! Anyway, I saw him at the panel, got to ask questions, etc. Afterwards was where the real magic happened. (yeah that sounds gay I know) I got a pic of him with me in costume. He grabbed one of my guns, posed and he leaned over and said to me "We bad-ass dudes!" He was highly impressed with my costume, at least that's what I gathered from him saying "So coooo" in his thick Japanese accent :)

Later on, at the autograph section he posed again with me and I gave him the bunny ears after he signed my poster and artbook (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=144024) ^_^

My girlfriend and I decided to change, so we went back to our room... yadda yadda went wandering aound the convention centre and I remember saying to her:
"Man it'd be cool if I bumped into Nightow again..."

"Yeah, it'd be cool but I doubt he'd be wandering aimlessly"

Not too long after she said that, she got bombarded by photographers again (she was in her Helena from Dead or Alive costume) I saw Nightow coming out from around the corner, looking lost.

"NIGHTOW-SAN!!!!!"

He looks over and he recognizes me out of costume which was cool in itself and says to me in his broken english"Oh... Grave! Why you change?" I told him I was getting all uncomfortable in costume and I had to change. "But it so cool!" I asked him for another photo (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=142217) to which he humbly agreed to. Hahaha he must have thought I was stalking him XD

To be honest, the purpose of my trip to California (I currently live on the east coast...long story) was to be with my girlfriend and I extended my trip a few days more when I found out Nightow was the guest of honour at PMX, so basically the only reason I went to PMX was because of Yasuhiro Nightow XD

Later on after confirming my flight with the airport, we came back to watch the masquerade and lo and behold Nightow comes walking in and sits right infront of me!! XD I didnt want to disturb him though, he seemed interested in what was going on so I was going to wait till after it was all over when I saw him standing up and I again exclaimed "Oy! Nightow-san!"

"Oh, Hello!" I still had one more thing I wanted him to autograph but I felt kinda bad asking. He was gracious enough to take my request. I didn't have a pen handy but my gf did. I started talking to him about the coffin that went with my costume that I could not bring to California due to expensive shipping fees.. "Coffin?!" As you can guess by now, Mr. Nightow speaks little English. I showed him pics of my coffin (which can be seen in my gallery here (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=8439&userid=678):-p) and he was very impressed. " That so cool! You crazy!!" XD He kept staring at the coffin pictures it was great!! Sadly he and his čntouráge were in a bit of a rush to get to the Psycho le Cému concert so he had to go.

As he left, the next thing I hear is Tabitha exclaiming"Did Yasuhiro Nightow just steal my pen???"

XD XD XD

What I didnt know also is that the man was half drunk as I came to later find out by my good friend. At the closing ceremonies he explained that he wasn't trying to avoid "Grave" but was merely "... drunk from vodka..."

haha XD!! Meeting Nightow was definatly worth going to PMX, it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Michi
06-14-2004, 02:13 PM
That was a wonderful story, DC. ^^ Haha I'm sooo happy for you!! It was great to finally meet you, too. :D

Sagara-san
06-15-2004, 03:43 AM
DANG! This is what I get for not taking the work days off and being able to witness these amazing moments for myself *bashes self* Next year I'm gonna let my boss know I'll be taking the days off for next years PMX.

Anyways the most memorable parts were just getting to see the third volume of Ninja Scroll the tv series, meeting the neko twins, and the Carl's Jr. Con.

I was also floored to hear just before Jarod, Andy, and I left that Quentin Tarentino and Chiaki Kuriyama were supposed to be at PMX on Monday but didn't show up cuz it was Memorial Day.

Michi
06-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Whoa, really? For the actual con? O_O Chiaki Kuriyama would've been awesome. :O

CARL'S JR CON YEAH~

Sagara-san
06-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Yeah I know, I would've had Chiaki sign my Kill Bill DVD disk and Quentin would sign the DVD cover...but just as I heard, they couldn't be there because of the holiday but at least we went to Carl's Jr. Con eh?