PDA

View Full Version : what to do till next year

FRANK THE BUNNY
06-01-2004, 01:36 PM
yello, This was the first convetion ive evere been to and i had the time of my life. i cant wait a whole nother year for this, are there any other kinds of convetions or somthing to do with cosplaying till then?

SakeNinja2
06-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah there is, it's called Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA), come par tay with us in Sept!

FRANK THE BUNNY
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I would loved to but i meant cons in NC, i wouldnt be able to make it

fairel
06-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah there is, it's called Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA), come par tay with us in Sept!

yeah the spatula ninjas are also totally going to AWA... we are totally going to have to battle you with our spatulas!

GreatSG
06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm going to Otakon, hopefully I'll have a job so I can have con cash and get ready for next year. And just so everyone else going to Otakon know, Dr. Hentai will be there!

End Lifeking
06-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I would loved to but i meant cons in NC, i wouldnt be able to make it

I have checked all over and I haven't really found anything else in NC. Im in fayetteville(THIS PLACE SUCKS) and I have been trying to get cosplay meetups by using meetup.com but unfortunately no luck so far. So I guess the only thing I can do till next yr's con is just get ready for college(NC A&T), continue with my writting(Los Libros/Hell Pages productions PM me if you want more info about that) and start working on my costumes for next yr.(if I don't now I won't start until its too late)....Damn....now that I look at it I guess I got alot to do.....

Dinahsprodigy
06-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Chii (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=141181&password=03bd03df39302ea63048feedd0d7fba1&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) and I are most definitely going to AWA, and we plan to have a whole Chobits group. One of our friends is going as Hideki, and two others are going as Zima and Dita.

Anyone want to volunteer for Plum and Shimbo?

See you at AWA!

Kasumiangel
06-01-2004, 06:49 PM
As much as I'd love to go to another con, either AWA or back to Otakon (went 2001 and 2002), we just can't afford to. ::sighs:: In the mean time however, we had a great time at Animazement and are already making plans for next year. We learned a lot about trying to walk around in costumes with a lot of jewelry and stuff because we ended up doing a lot of repairs before cosplay, so next year we're doing two costumes, one for cosplay and one that's practical for walking around the con. So that's what I'm gonna be doing at least as far as cosplay goes... there'll still be work and school (I'm starting my master's degree so that will probably be time consuming) and family and all that fun stuff.

Invincible Kaji
06-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, with any luck, I might make both Otakon and AWA. I'll see you folks there if I do.

Hikaruchan
06-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I'll be at Otakon, DragonCon, and MTAC before next AZ. May throw in one or two more cons in depending on work.

SongstressDonut
06-02-2004, 12:17 AM
sadly i will not be able to go to another con b/4 next year's animazement... but i will be there... prolly as Megumi if i can learn to sew and do my own costume! XD ^^;

DDR Faery Spice
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm hoping for Otakon, but if that falls through, then AWA sounds nice. I dunno who I'd cosplay--probably Millia from Guilty Gear. I may even make a random Persocom outfit!! ^_^ I wanna make giant ears and fit a gameboy SP in one of them, with cords trailing from the gameboy to the ear. It would kick rocks.

quadrain61
06-02-2004, 07:34 PM
OTAKON!!!!!!!!!! Till then I work 6 days a seek never knowing when to get my stuff back from Link Arroway. If I'm lucky I'll go to AWA. (chances for AWA 1/1000000000)

Finding Beauty
06-02-2004, 08:27 PM
I would like to make it to Otakon, but at this point the only con I'm certain of going to is next year's Animazement, since I went ahead and preregistered at the con ($25 vs. the $45 I paid this year isn't bad!). I'm thinking of AWA, since I have some friends who have said good things about it, or Nekocon, because they're both reasonably far away as far as time goes, but not that far in distance.

I might also be in Florida in July and able to steer my way into Metrocon, but that's up in the air. I'd really like to go to Otakon, since it's pretty much an ultimate con sort of thing, but I think it's too close to AZ, so I probably won't have the funds or the time. Then again, it is close to my birthday, so maybe I can maneuver it. Who knows.

As for the person who was asking about cons in North Carolina, there's Trinoc*con in Durham, from July 23-25. I don't know anything about it, really, because all I did was pick up a flyer at AZ, but from what I understand, it's more of a general science fiction convention than anime-oriented. Sounds fun -- I might actually be going to that one.

FRANK THE BUNNY
06-03-2004, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=End Lifeking]I have checked all over and I haven't really found anything else in NC. Im in fayetteville(THIS PLACE SUCKS) and I have been trying to get cosplay meetups by using meetup.com but unfortunately no luck so far. [QUOTE]

hey thats not a bad idea, i live in Erwun wich is only 45 min away from fayetteville. Do u know any places that would be good to rent for a cosplay meeting night or something?

nixxer
06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
CCR will help you find stuff to do in NC you can join them.
oh and I'll be at otakon, I so want to go to AWA but I dont think I'll be able to, and after last years nekocon Im not sure I want to go to this years, Im thinking of going to Katsucon instead as its in Feb I can save money and its still close enough to not kill me on distance, plus as I have yet to go to it I'd like to see it. Im just hoping to not get snowed in...

FRANK THE BUNNY
06-03-2004, 11:42 AM
CCR will help you find stuff to do in NC you can join them.

whats CCR?

quadrain61
06-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Carolina Cosplay Revolution (http://forums.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=70) - Infomation

CCR Zoo Trip (http://quadrain.classycutssalon.com/ccr_zoo_trip/index.html) - Our last trip

Hopefully future official site (http://ccr.rebelcosplay.com)

Some of us at Animazement (http://quadrain.classycutssalon.com/animazement_2004/pages/DSC01518.html)

DDR Faery Spice
06-03-2004, 01:59 PM
I think we should have a meeting in Charlotte...but maybe that's just me. Anyway, Magfest is a pretty cool gaming con in Virginia, so if any of ya have time or money, I'd check it out.

SakeNinja2
06-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Otakon is something I'd love to go to, mostly because it's in my favorite city to visit, Baltimore. On one side of the con you have Camden Yards, the other you have the Inner Harbor with the Powerhouse, ESPNZone, etc, then you can take a water taxi over to Fell's Point for some crabcakes or hit all the bars and clubs. There's so much to do in Baltimore I doubt I'd even make it to the con. I'll be there in July but doubt I can make it to Otakon. But there's always AWA just a few hours away!

Bishie-Cloud
06-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Hopefully gonna make it to NekoCon and AWA.....not sure about Otakon but I'd definately like to go.

Katu Fushigi
06-26-2004, 03:22 PM
*le sob, le sob* I absolutly want to go to Otakon, who doesn't? But I can't...I can't get enough money for the tickets, and I if I could, I wouldn't have any money to get a pass...but, I'm dreaming of Nekocon. I'm really praying that I can get enough money to go.

The only problem is, it's an eight hour drive from here to there.

Rei2Rei
06-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I could have sworn I had posted in this thread. o_o Anyway, I will be goin' to NekoCon! =D

quadrain61
06-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm going to try to get to Nekocon, most likely I'll be driving though

Katu Fushigi
06-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like there are many many possible Nekocon attendees! Anyone wanna hook up somewhere? I've never been to this con, so I don't know exactally where to go to meet...

quadrain61
06-26-2004, 10:49 PM
yeah it looks like it. I dunno if I'm going to make it but I know I'll be at Otakon and possibly Katsucon.

sarabug
06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
hey kids, everyone needs to jump on the AWA bandwagon, there's dragoncon too, which is a little bigger and more well rounded....i'll be at both! see you all there!

Katu Fushigi
06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Grah! I found out I probably won't be able to go to Nekocon...

T___T I guess Animazement remains my only door to the anime community.

nixxer
06-28-2004, 11:27 PM
no nekocon for me this year, instead Im going to try saving up for katsucon...hopefully...but before then I'll be at otakon, the last con Im going to this year most likely....I dont think I can afford any more before 05

RHIshida
06-29-2004, 10:22 AM
No Otakon for me, since we're still broke from Animazement, but I will definately be going to Nekocon. Besides, Nekocon is around my birthday and my parents never get me any presents, so it'll be sort of a birthday present. Speaking of which! We could have a birthday party or something at Nekocon :D

EnigmaticAngst
06-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I would like to make it to Otakon, but at this point the only con I'm certain of going to is next year's Animazement, since I went ahead and preregistered at the con ($25 vs. the $45 I paid this year isn't bad!). I'm thinking of AWA, since I have some friends who have said good things about it, or Nekocon, because they're both reasonably far away as far as time goes, but not that far in distance.

I might also be in Florida in July and able to steer my way into Metrocon, but that's up in the air. I'd really like to go to Otakon, since it's pretty much an ultimate con sort of thing, but I think it's too close to AZ, so I probably won't have the funds or the time. Then again, it is close to my birthday, so maybe I can maneuver it. Who knows.

As for the person who was asking about cons in North Carolina, there's Trinoc*con in Durham, from July 23-25. I don't know anything about it, really, because all I did was pick up a flyer at AZ, but from what I understand, it's more of a general science fiction convention than anime-oriented. Sounds fun -- I might actually be going to that one.

Yeah, I would have liked to have gone to Otakon, since I know Reno was talking about getting the Shinra Hierarchy together and me being their Rufus ... however, I don't see that happening.

Ah well ... not that I'd have the funds anyway as it is.

quadrain61
07-03-2004, 09:07 AM
For cons in NC

1) It seems that Trinoc*con (http://www.trinoc-con.org) (I think sci-fi, comic book con) is extending their part towards Anime

and then I just followed their links from there http://www.trinoc-con.org/links.php

I'm going to go to Trinoc*con just to see what the hell it is

hellocthulhu
07-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Did you go to trinoc-con? What was it?