PDA

View Full Version : confusion SPOILER WARNING for those who have watched trigun all the way only!! sorry!

nekochan
11-25-2002, 10:27 PM
does knives die or not in the end?? i'm a little confused on that! sorry for the stupidness but i watched it twice.. and if he didn't die how did vash manage to keep him alive? THANK YOU!!

Koumori
11-26-2002, 06:45 AM
No, he doesn't.

KuroBara
11-26-2002, 07:12 AM
Vash only shot him in the legs to disable him, but he can't kill. Rem taught him better.

Aurora
11-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
Vash only shot him in the legs to disable him, but he can't kill. Rem taught him better.

Vash killed Legato in the anime though ;__;

KuroBara
11-26-2002, 09:58 AM
That's because Knives wanted him too, but he came to terms with it and reaffirmed his stance on not killing anyone.

Koumori
11-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Aurora

Yes. He had to (or possibly he just really wanted Legato to SHUT UP - oh no, wait, that was me). But that was a moral call - did he want to kill Legato, or let Milly and Meryl die as a result of his inaction? No such problem with Knives.

nekochan
11-26-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Aurora

yeah that was right.. i remember that.. because he couldn't allow two people.. his companions, especially.. to die..

thanks you guys ^^

KaitouKurogo
11-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Ah, emotional trauma to our poor Humaniod Typhoon...poor Vashie. T_T

True, he did kill Legato. If he hadn't though, Legato would've had the villagers under his control kill Millie and Meryl, plus then he might've killed the villagers as well. He _was_ under orders to make Vash as miserable as possible, so what better way was there?

As for Knives, no, he did not kill him. He shot him through the arms and legs to disable him...which rendered him unconcious for quite some time, apparently...I guess Knives has a very low tolerance for pain. ^_^' I wish we could've had more closure at the end...where did Vash go with Knives? What will become of Meryl and Millie? WHY DID HE DITCH THE KICKASS COAT AND GUNS!? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY!?!?!?!

*Ahem...*

nekochan
12-02-2002, 04:00 AM
hahahaha wish we could have seen vash and meryl get married!! hehe.. oh well. i actually think the coat was considered "rags" in the show, but idk!! hehe i agree, they were SO kickass.

Radical Urd
12-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Okay Knives didn't die vash said he'd "Take care of him" not kill him. LEGATO DIED OH GOD *cries again* he was so evil!! And Wolfwod dies too *cries even more* OH WHY WHY?????? THEY WERE BOTH SO SEXY!!!!!! Anywho another question do you think Merle and Vash got married I mean isn't Vash immortal, he's like 130 already.....

KaitouKurogo
12-02-2002, 08:20 PM
I don't think he's immortal so much as he has an enormous life span. I suppose they could get married, but they'd spend all their time quarralling over one thing or another even though they'd love each other regardless, but then Vash would have to watch her grow old and die whilst he stayed young and he'd be all broody and weepy and sad and crying and OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD POOR VASH!!!! **Glomps Vash**

**Tumbleweeds blow by**

Eh....Yah.

nekochan
12-05-2002, 01:11 AM
awww hehe Radical Urd i agree.. they were both so sexy.. *sob* i cried my eyes out while watching that ep where Wolfwood died.. hm well i HOPE they got married.. because they were so cute!! haha FANFIC

Shadow Lady
12-07-2002, 12:26 AM
Knives - shot in legs
Legato - shot in head
Wofwood - Shot by Chapel the Evergreen. *SOB* Why!?! He was my favorite character.

John Booty
12-07-2002, 12:58 PM
OHMYGOD WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME ABOUT TEH SPOILERZZZ????

Just kidding. XD

It's amazing how much Trigun progressed from action-comedy into total psychological torture territory (for Vash) isn't it? Hee hee, I wonder how they're going to edit some of those scenes once it starts showing on Cartoon Network?

Koumori
12-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Lady

Wofwood - Shot by Chapel the Evergreen. *SOB* Why!?! He was my favorite character.

Nothin' better than an emotional kick in the stomach three-quarters of the way through a good series, huh?

Morrissey
12-07-2002, 05:00 PM
Knives should have died. Damn Vash and his wussy "no killing" policy. If he would've just killed Legato and went after Knives in the first place then Wolfwood wouldn't be dead. It was also Vash's stupid preaching to Wolfwood that screwed him up in the head and caused him to let Chapel kill him. Don't listen to Vash people. Just imagine how many lives would be saved if Batman killed the Joker? If Hitler was killed before WW2? I'm not saying killing is right but in some circumstances it is. Vash is a friggin wuss.

Scoti
12-08-2002, 09:26 AM
I think there could have been a better ending. It should have been comical like If he killed Knives, dressed him up in his red coat and claimed that he killed Vash the stampede and collected his own reward lol

KaitouKurogo
12-10-2002, 11:10 PM
I personally think that Vash's preaching, though idealistic, helped Wolfwood define himself in the end. He reevaluated his experiences and wished to better himself before he died. It made him more human in his death and less like the killer he had grown to be.

Besides, it was Legato who killed Wolfwood. From Chapel's reaction to his defeat at Wolfwood's hand and the fact that he was visibly struggling to restrain himself from raising the gun, he was obviously not going to kill Wolfwood. Afterwards he even went for revenge. Legato had the whole mind-control bit going on at the time, so it's clear that he was the one in control. Killing Vash's friend was a prime point in making Vash miserable, so Wolfwood would've been killed regardless of Chapel.

And in any case, Vash never would've gone on a killing spree against Legato and Knives. It's against his nature.

...Hey, anyone ever wonder who the heck put the reward on Vash's head? And who has sixty billion double dollars?! I never saw any real intones of governmental control in the series...

K_Valentine
12-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, there is cavalry on that desert planet. I guess the government made that little group to scout town disappearances, make arrests, and arrive late as usual.

I figure the government put that bounty on Vash after he blew up the first town.

What if Knives put that bounty on Vash to cause his brother some hell and torment?