PDA

View Full Version : PMing problems...

Anjierusu
06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
One thing I can't stand, is when you write up a good long PM to a great old friend, go to submit, and your login has timed out. you can't go back without logging in, and logging in loses the whole message you just typed up. is there anything you guys can do to... Not have that happen? It wouldn't be very hard, but I can't remember to copy the whole thing before I click submit "just in case", I mean, I really shouldn't have too. Don't mean to be snotty/snooty/snerrottiny... o_O Just, it'd be cool if you could fix it. I've lost countless PM's to that. having to redo them. Thanks.

Admin
06-02-2004, 10:35 PM
The best thing to do is type it out on Notepad or something similar and then just copy/paste it into the PM.

Eleryth
06-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Perhaps just plain old email might work...if you're writing things that long, anyway... It's basically the same thing, and you can check it from anywhere (as long as its something like hotmail or yahoo).

Anjierusu
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Eh. Seems like too much of a hassle. But sure, whatever works. : /

ZiggyB
06-03-2004, 01:23 AM
You can try using another web browser, like Mozilla. When you hit "back" in Mozilla, it actually keeps all the information you've typed in a form. I've had this happen to me on cp.com and livejournal. It's saved me lots of fustration.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever lost a post because of timeouts because Mozilla saves form entries.

Anjierusu
06-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Now That Helps me. Thanks Ziggy!

I can never seem to get Netscape off my computer, now I gotta worry about getting Mozilla on ... ^_^ I'll figure it out. Thanks again! :dance: