PDA

View Full Version : Favorite costume?

L-Lamb
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I've been hearing some negative things about certain costumes so maybe it's time to say positive stuff.
Like who was your favorite costume at Fanime?
Mine were the Miyu and Lava on Friday. They were gorgeous.
I also like Yukari from Para Kiss.
Those were two of my favs. How about everyone elses?

Richii
06-05-2004, 07:28 PM
There were a few favorites for me but all thats sticking out in my mind right now is a girl who was wearing some kind of EGL garb (my best guess) it was black and white and it had numbers all over it. It was just awesomeness.

K_Valentine
06-05-2004, 08:23 PM
The schoolgirl group on Sunday. Cardcaptor Will, 2 Sister Princess girls, and the rather cute and shy looking Azumanga schoolgirl with the long hair. ^^;

YuffieK
06-05-2004, 10:12 PM
My fav. costume was...um....PikminLink's marth!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shes the best cosplayer!!! (according to me. XDD)

Tevina
06-05-2004, 11:18 PM
I adored my friend's Vincent costume. She put so much hard work and dedication into it. Although it took like two hours for her to get ready in it!! But it really does show, =D

ZiggyB
06-05-2004, 11:47 PM
I really loved Tristen Citrine's Ulala costume. Of course my opinion is sort of biased since I was wearing Space Michael! ;-)

Richii
06-06-2004, 12:41 AM
I really loved Tristen Citrine's Ulala costume. Of course my opinion is sort of biased since I was wearing Space Michael! ;-)

No no it was good! You're not just being biased, and you Space Michael is of course always creepily sexy. X3

domestik
06-06-2004, 02:10 AM
There were a few favorites for me but all thats sticking out in my mind right now is a girl who was wearing some kind of EGL garb (my best guess) it was black and white and it had numbers all over it. It was just awesomeness.

*blink* Furry bonnet with laces sewn into it? And a shawl with black daisies? XD; Not to mention feet-killing 6 inch heels?

PikminLink
06-06-2004, 02:26 AM
too much to list ^-^

Shinsengumi
06-06-2004, 02:29 AM
too much to list ^-^

I agree with you, I saw to many costumes that I like.

TristenCitrine
06-06-2004, 04:24 AM
Ziggy in Space Michael made my weekend. Oh, it was beautiful, eeeeeheeeheeee!

That was some fun stuff walking around with him X3

Of course, how could I forget a certain Link cosplayer who was decked out in full X-2 Gunner Yuna garb! It was as awesome as it was unexpected!

pegasusmaiden
06-06-2004, 05:53 AM
There were many costumes, but only a few fit the person. I love the series chobits, but I can never bring myself to dress like one. I don't think anyone has ever captured the innocence of chobits. They got the outfit but not the character so it always seems lacking to me when some tries to be a chi or freya, like something is missing, it makes me sad. If I ever someone that comes close I surely be very amazed.

In any case I really liked stormtroopers, and I really liked myoubi, and one of the kakashis.

Maelstrom_Night
06-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I liked the Cid Highwind (FFVII), mmm...so sexy.

Sparki
06-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Maelstrom - I second that. Woo, he was hot.

Venardhi
06-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Glad to hear my efforts were appreicated, lots of positive reactions, so hopefully once I fix the few things that are really bugging me about it, it'll be all that much better!

I personally couldnt say what my favorite costume of the show was, but there were a lot of great ones, and everyone seemed to be having a great time no matter what. I did see a few that definately rose above most of us, but I couldnt for the life of me say what they were, heh.

Pikacello
06-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I agree, there were so many awesome costumes.. Cosplay has really gone up in calibur. It makes me happy! ^_^

Hanyaan
06-06-2004, 10:14 PM
The Ohmu. That was impressive beyond belief.

-no-
06-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Ohh, I'm going to have to go with that awesome Kakashi from Naruto. That contact lens was just too damn cool. Must have cost him a fortune, not to mention the rest of the constume was dead on, I couldn't have asked for a better Kakashi.

But then there was also the that really awesome Squall that, (I think it was Pikminlink, a friend pointed her out and told me who she was), just an awesome costume, and the weapons she carried, all weekend, were freakin' incredible.

And one extremely good lookin' Tifa Lockhart.

LuckInSpades
06-07-2004, 12:47 AM
I adored the little girl that cosplayed Ed from CB. I wanted to steal her away! XD

And, very biased... I was really impressed when I made Rem wear my Jack Sparrow costume *purrrrrrr*

Nadeshiko
06-07-2004, 06:30 PM
The CCS Family! No, not the crazy Kinomoto family group, but the mother / daughter CCS pair. That was sweet. *^^* Of course, I have a bias being a CCS fan myself. ^^;

Though it is hard to single out favorite costumes, just so many to name!

The tentacle ninja does stick out though. (no pun intended)

Sparki
06-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Venhardi - Props to you, boy-o. You had heads turning all weekend.
LuckInSpades - Heheh....heheheh.

SohjiroX
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Marth in the masq. Pikminlink did such a great job on it, and that is her hair to, no wig, thats skill to make it look that good, and the armor and more. Honestly check out her Marth in her gallery.

Vanessa
06-07-2004, 11:14 PM
My fav. costume was...um....PikminLink's marth!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shes the best cosplayer!!! (according to me. XDD)

THAT MARTH WAS A GIRL????

I have no shame.

Ashe
06-07-2004, 11:47 PM
The Ohmu was awesome. I don't know who did the show dress from Parakiss, but I really loved it. It was definitly one of the better renditions I've seen.
I also have to give mad props to the Pacifica cosplayer.

paruto
06-08-2004, 02:32 AM
some of my favorites include

- super awesome ohmu from nausicca
- domokun (normal, angry, kitting-eating and raving!)
- kakashi with the sharingan eye! i thought it was great that he was so detailed.

YuffieK
06-10-2004, 12:09 PM
THAT MARTH WAS A GIRL????

I have no shame.

lol, ya ^^';;; and she was link, gunner yuna, and squall (awesome squall by the way ^^)

oh yes! the CCS dou, that little girl was soooo cute!! ^_^ i got to give her a hug (heehee) and when her mom was princess kaguya and she was pudding from tokyo mew-mew, that just made my day ^.^

Ready2Rokk
06-10-2004, 11:50 PM
My personal favorite was the Fighter from 8-Bit Theater WITH SWORD CHUCKS! OMFG the awesomness. Oh, and there was this adorable little girl dressed as Shippo, she was perfect for the role!!!

LuckInSpades
06-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Well, now that two people have mentioned it... which Yukari are you both talking about? I realize there was one other than myself (she had the poofy sleeves). So I was just curious if I should be thanking people for compliments ^,^;; If so -- Thanks ^,^

dreamseerx
06-12-2004, 02:53 AM
I agree with Maelstrom... The Cid Highwind ((ff7)) cosplayer was so awesome! He even had the fake cigarrettes ((Marlboro.. lol)) and dynamite sticking outta his pant pockets!! XD I really thought that was awesome and majorly well-done.
I also really liked how my friend's Beatrix outfit looked. So pretty!!! I couldn't help but to keep making fun of her because she couldn't see in one of her eyes... He he he.. I liked her pirate eyepatch!!! Yargh!!!

Maelstrom_Night
06-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Glad to hear my efforts were appreicated, lots of positive reactions, so hopefully once I fix the few things that are really bugging me about it, it'll be all that much better!

I personally couldnt say what my favorite costume of the show was, but there were a lot of great ones, and everyone seemed to be having a great time no matter what. I did see a few that definately rose above most of us, but I couldnt for the life of me say what they were, heh.
You are my hero...Seriously...I think I am in love :heart: . :heart:

ash_chan
06-19-2004, 05:44 PM
I think my favorite costume was one of the Vashes. I don't know his name, but i know that he's 23 years old, and he looked exactly like Vash. I rode in the Mariott elevator with him when he wasn't in his costume, and he was still hella cute! :love:

deepSetthinker
06-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I think my favorite costume was one of the Vashes. I don't know his name, but i know that he's 23 years old, and he looked exactly like Vash. I rode in the Mariott elevator with him when he wasn't in his costume, and he was still hella cute! :love:

t'hee, i think you're talking about CJ. XD my friend made a fansite for him. lmao
http://www24.brinkster.com/yrfans/

he also draws things!
http://www.heavensystem.com/

favorite cosplays:
- Emiru from Lareine (domestik!)
- Okage group (by Johnny/aonceu)
- Sohma Yuki from Fruits Basket (by Michael/Rukawa) he wore the dress!!! XDDD

::hops away:: ;;>>

PikminLink
06-26-2004, 03:41 AM
TristenCitrine: :thumbsup:

..thanks everyone who mentioned me ^.^

Luna
07-07-2004, 08:17 PM
The CCS Family! No, not the crazy Kinomoto family group, but the mother / daughter CCS pair. That was sweet. *^^*

Ahhh...shucks! Thankies! You were such a pretty Nadeshiko, I didn't get it at first, but then Sakura "mini-me" told me that you cosplayed "our" mom...hehehe...

Luna
07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
oh yes! the CCS dou, that little girl was soooo cute!! ^_^ i got to give her a hug (heehee) and when her mom was princess kaguya and she was pudding from tokyo mew-mew, that just made my day ^.^

Thanks! Wow! I didn't expect people recognize us in our Sunday costumes as well, but yeah, we were stopped and asked if we did Sakuras the day before, lol.

AOneWingedAngel
07-20-2004, 03:40 PM
I liked (c)4's Vincent Valentine.

Also, Adella as Ulala was k00l as hell.

And that being said, i was suprised when a Certain Link showed up as Yuna..........

I really need to work some on my sephiroth. One of my contacts fell out the first day of the con, and i couldn't find it T_T