PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers

AmazonPrincess
06-06-2004, 03:50 AM
I know it may be "old-school" but the series rocks, and Emma Peel always looks good.
Or there are cool costumes from the 90s movie as well (with ever so popular, Uma Thurman as the fabulous Dr. Peel) which I watched for the first time today, and after seeing some of her outfits, my first thought was, That'd be fun to cosplay!

So, has anyone cosplayed from either the original series or the movie?
I'm considering it, allthough I don't know where I'd wear the costumes, since so far I've only managed to make it to Anime cons, and I'd feel a little wierd cosplaying something not anime related there.

quadrophenia
06-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I've not cosplayed Emma yet, but I have always wanted to, even before I started cosplaying ^_^ She's just got so much style and humor and intellect. I love the original series with a passion... The movie did have some cool outfits as well, I'll agree, and I would love to see them cosplayed (hehehehe I just thought of those teddy bear suits the bad guys wear), though I think I'd definitely want to cosplay old-school Emma Peel.

Eleryth
06-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Her outfit reminds me a fair bit of Julia, from Cowboy Bebop (but I haven't compared images). You could always make it, then be Julia (or Fujiko Mine from Lupin, sometimes she wears a catsuit) to an Anime convention, and if you go to SF/fantasy cons, or Halloween, the rest of the world knows "Emma Peel".

Or, you can wear it anyway, and identify yourself as "Emma Peel" if they ask, and just say you had no where else to wear it?

Odysseanpromise
06-06-2004, 01:40 PM
The movie that was made recently sucked. It sucked and it blew. Sorry, had to say that. It is a personal opinion, but I don't think Uma Therman was a good Emma Peel.

In any event, I love the series, and it would be cool to see that cosplay.

Yeah and I do have to agree, you might be mistaken for a "Julia". If you have dark hair, like Peel did, people might think you were just lazy and didn't dye your hair blond (or bleach or, or whatever you would do) when you decded to do "Julia"
: \

AmazonPrincess
06-06-2004, 08:50 PM
I know the movie was bad, but it was still fun. And I know if one sticks to the catsuit they'll think you're Julia (except not blonde) at an anime-con, so there's always picking something else to make.

From the movie I like the burgundy fencing outfit. and I haven't picked anything from the series yet.

Sarcasm-hime
06-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I've wanted to cosplay Emma Peel for years. Unfortunately nobody I know would pull off a decent Steel....

Fatwetdog
06-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Oh I love Emma Peel. I love the costumes from the 90s movie too. J. Peterman did reproductions in his catalogue, but the whole "Movie memorabilia" thing failed. I'm sad for that.

I don't think I have the guts to wear her catsuit in public (shows off too many of the wrong places) but I just love the cheongsam she wears around the house.