PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Type Sandals

~Yukiko~
06-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Arghhh I know there has been about 32985732 topics like this, but I looked and I cant freaking find them. Maybe I'm blind?
Anyways! I am making a Gaara costume. I have the sandals, and the fabric to make them. My sandals have a foamyish/rubbery kinda soul. and they have straps. I know how to do the measuring and make it look right, but HOW can I sew the fabric to the soul!? I know doing it from the edge would work but it would also look funny I think.So I'm doing it a couple mm from the edge, where the straps are. But I can't get the needle through right there.... what have you people done previously?

Hinata
06-06-2004, 06:57 PM
I just took a cheap dark blue flip-flop from oldnavy, and cut off the straps.
Then I took a dark blue knee sock, and super-glued it to the sandal.
It's ULTRA comfy and looks good, too. Or, you could but the official ones..

~Yukiko~
06-06-2004, 07:16 PM
there's official ones? :O wow. would cutting off the straps be good? I thought cutting them off would make my foot feel unsupported and uncomfy. :D haha, I dunno.. would superglue make it stay on good too?

Hinata
06-06-2004, 07:41 PM
it did for me, but I mean like with a glue gun.. ^^;
and yeah, there is official ones in Japan.
Anyways, you obviously cut the toes out of the sock first.
It ends up looking pretty good I think, and it's cheap.

Erocku
06-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Ha! I had bookmarked a thread about sandals and I happen to have it still. Have fun. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=355279#post355279

~Yukiko~
06-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Seen that thread a while ago... ^^; not really answering my question on how to have it attached to the sandal... I have a gluegun so maybe I'll try the other way. But I have fabric to make it, and there is certain stitching that is in naruto sandals that I want to copy. Socks dont have that thing. so I'm gonna have to do some annoying measurements that probably wont work out for me. D:

Sashi
06-07-2004, 03:20 AM
I read somewhere that someone stapled the fabric to the sole with a staplegun.
Here's a gallery of Naruto cosplayers(lotsa pics)
Seems what a lotta them di was cut the toe area off a pair of black socks and just wear them with a pair of black sandles.Suprisingliy it doesn't look too bad either.
http://www.narutomania.net/gallery/index.php?cat=Cosplays

Eleryth
06-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Wow, that page is awesome!

It looks like some covered the entire sandal in blue fabric, then added on the foot parts with cutouts, snapping in the back (like in this picture, the girl on the right) http://www.narutomania.net/gallery/index.php?cat=Cosplays&gal=Unsorted%201&pic=100-0014_IMG.jpg

I had to post that too...because the Kakashi is wearing platform sandals. XD With a bit of trial and error, you should be able to make it, too.

Kagematsuri
06-09-2004, 12:02 AM
I just took a cheap dark blue flip-flop from oldnavy, and cut off the straps.
Then I took a dark blue knee sock, and super-glued it to the sandal.
It's ULTRA comfy and looks good, too. Or, you could but the official ones..
*eyes the exact same pair of flip flops collecting dust in my room* That is an excellent idea!