PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Cosplay event

Demtri
06-06-2004, 10:17 PM
I didn't get to see the cosplay show because they couldn't fit anymore people inside the ballroom. Does anyone have the video uploaded or know where I can buy a tape from?

PirateKitty
06-06-2004, 10:39 PM
i downloaded last year's cosplay video (in parts) somewhere-- i'll try to find the site to see if they have plans for this year's...

Scortia
06-06-2004, 11:23 PM
You could have seen the skits on the screen outside of the main ballroom or on A-kon tv in the hotel rooms... since it was filmed I know it will be played at next year's con... someone is bound to have it all recorded too... but unfortunately the skits in general were worse this year than last and it was rushed because of the concert. ;-;

Tenya Muyo
06-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Very true Scortia. MAde me sad that they were rushing us like that. Ah well, perhaps next year they will learn their lesson and not try to jam ssssooooooooooooooooo much into one night.

PirateKitty: I do believe you're talking about CosplayMemories.com. He has the entire load of skits and awards from a few cons, and sure enough A-kon 14 was one of them. He might do the same for A-kon 15, if he was there. Check out his page here:

http://www.cosplaymemories.com/

TogabitoIon
06-07-2004, 05:26 PM
First, let me make a quick comment on this. I'd like to defend the people, but I'd also like to defend the con itself. They put in a lot of effort to get Nami Tamaki and her presense made quite a few people very happy. (I was watching my roommate, who's a huge fan of her's squeal and go nuts- it was really amusing. >D)

However, they originally had their cap for the cosplay set at 60 people, if I recall correctly- and they actually allowed 72 in before finally capping it. I don't know details exactly, however... that was the case. I was actually shocked to hear that they made it to 12 over the cap. Second off- I'm actually saddened to see that people are complaining when there /was/ the original 3 minute rule in place, like always, which A-Kon has always been 'nazi-like' over by reputation. If you're still on stage at 3 minutes, they will shut the lights out on you.

You don't need that long to get the point across anyway. The first place group was the Mortal Kombat group which was just /awesome/, afterall. They were just a walkon.

What I'm upset about is that they've always had strict time arrangements. Nami Tamaki was ONLY performing at that time- it seems that perhaps while everyone wanted to see Do As Infinity or Psycho le Cemu, or Camino... (Psycho le Cemu got two concerts, even)... People will complain when another artist is slipped in for a short 30 minute concert during the cosplay judging.

I'm incredibly amazed that A-Kon was able to get its cosplay to work over an hour and fifteen minutes. It was a fun cosplay too. I had fun backstage with the other groups. That's what it's all about, right?