PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does the site keep going down?

vyrax778
06-07-2004, 12:30 AM
seems like every know and then I cant connect to cosplay.com but other sites and my IM programs work fine. then a couple hours later im able to connect to the site.

allyunion
06-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Maybe it's just you or your Internet Service Provider.

Anele
06-07-2004, 10:57 AM
No, actually, the site goes down for me once in a while, too. And when it does, I ask some of my other friends (who are also members here) to check to see that it's not just my computer.... and it isn't. The site is down for them, too. After a while, the site comes back up again. This has happened quite a few times.

allyunion
06-07-2004, 03:24 PM
It looks like to me that their firewall is glitchy and the database is glitchy.

It looks like the port goes from filtered to open then back... so either the port is blocked momentary or the server's web service goes down.

pegasusmaiden
06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
probably for maintance. I had a hard time getting on yesterday too. They were posting more pictures of fanime. that might have slowed it a down a little.

vyrax778
06-07-2004, 10:04 PM
ah ok just was making sure it wasnt just me.

Admin
06-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Yesterday was my fault, I hadn't cleared out a table in the database that needed clearing out, and it wouldn't let anyone log in using sessions. It's fixed now.

Quisty_Quest
06-08-2004, 12:54 AM
It could actually be that too many people are trying to conneect to the site too (sorry I had to add..it)

Admin
06-08-2004, 01:05 AM
It could actually be that too many people are trying to conneect to the site too (sorry I had to add..it)

Any time it gives a "too many connections" error it's actually the fault of one of the scripts, which I've debugged and am waiting on an update for. Something in it doesn't like to clear out the user sessions all too well and once in a while the server thinks 100's of people are querying the database at the same time, causing it to artificially reach its safety-point "limit" and giving the "too many connections" error.

We can easily handle 100's of people on the site at any given moment and push over 200,000 page views on a good day, and not factoring in the connections error the CPU's can handle about twice as much as they handle now before I have to add yet another server to spread things out a bit. Don't even ask how much bandwidth that translates into every month. ;) I'll just say we're fast closing in on terabyte land . . .

Anele
06-09-2004, 10:10 PM
*nods* It just happened again, for myself and a few other people I am talking with over AIM, along with some technical error messages.