PDA

View Full Version : ~*Tokyo Mew Mew Pudding Battle Complete~*

Mew_Pudding
06-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Heyo, I was hoping that I could get some imput on this costume. =D

First, Lemme say a few things:
This was my first costume that I did most of by myself. (My Mom made almost ALL of my Misao one. )
I know I have no wig. I should get one because my hair is too long for Pudding. x.x;
I remade that top so that the straps woudl come from the sides like 20 times. XD

Anyways, Sorry I don`t have the best pictures of the costume...I haven`t had my pictures from AnimeBoston developed yet. *SOB* :waaaah:

So I was just hoping to get some input on things I should maybe fix before AnimeNEXT. ^.^

Thanks!!!

By the way, I`m not really sure if the files I attacthed here will show up. It may take me a few tries. o.o;; Sorry!

Mew_Pudding
06-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Okies, I finally got some pics. XD Sorry about my stupidity. :crylaugh:

And finally, a good reference shot! =D (http://moon-heroes.narod.ru/anime/Mewda/pudding.jpg)

Pudding and Zakuro...again. Btw, I made that costume too. o.O; (http://weekendanime.twysted.net/animeboston04/113_1308)

Puddin` and Zakuro =D (http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/meljyou/)

Pudding Zakuro and Keichiro! (http://www.fansview.com/2004/animeboston/0410d0112.jpg)

Pudding Solo Shot (http://www.fansview.com/2004/animeboston/0410f0043.jpg)

Hunter Lani
06-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Very nice-- especially for a first cosplay! You're a natural! ^_^ The bloomer-jumpsuit looks like it fits you very well. Since you are blonde, I think you can get away with no wig better than most.

My only concern is the leg-cuff/bloomer. It doesn't seem to sit quite right. You may need to buy spirit-gum to keep it anchored to the right part of your leg.

Mew_Pudding
06-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks so much for all of the compliments!! =D

About the leg thingey, I know what you mean, after the first few hours of wearing it, the started to get stretched out and was falling and stuff, I even had to safety pin it to me in the masquerade. x.o; Spirit gum is an excellent idea! Thanks for your input! =D

Rei2Rei
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Yay~ A Pudding costume! You hardly ever see them! *_*

For the first costume you made by yourself, it's awsome! I think you did a really good job. It's really accurate!!

Since you have blonde hair you really don't need a wig. Your hair looks fine!

Mew_Pudding
06-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Whee! Thanks so much!!! Pudding rulez. *Nodnod* :dance:

Mew_Pudding
06-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Anymore opinons or changes I shpuld make before AnimeNEXT? ^.^ (Which is Friday.Wheeeee!)

Aer
06-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Lol, I sat behind you guys during the AB masquerade.

You had cute outfits ^_^

I do agree that you can get away without a wig as well.

Senko-chan
06-16-2004, 08:48 PM
aww it's such a kawaii costume! good job Mew_pudding! ^_^ yes they are correct, you diffinatly can get away with out the wig ^_^

Nozomi Wazawa
06-17-2004, 10:03 AM
For a first costume, it's very good. It's amazingly cute and yeah, you don't need a wig... it looks just fine. I would chage only 2 things. The first thing is make the garter a little smaller and have it sit a little lower on your leg. also, I don't know what you used to make it stay but, it didn't look like it was working. Try buying 1-1 1/2" elastic and make the garter around it... I don't know if it's "really" the best thing to do, but yeah, it worked for me. Also, one of the ring weapon things should be just a litle bigger... It looks fine just the way it is but you're talking to a perfectionist here.

Mew_Pudding
06-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks so much for all of the compliments, I feel so special! ^.^

Yeah, your probly right about the garter leg thing. I should try and make it a little thinner but, about the elastic, would that make it gather up? Just wondering `cuz I don`t want that to happen to my precious legband. I should just redo that evil thing. >.<

The ring weapon was the original one, that you buy. So, I couldn`t really change the size^.^;;; (It makes sounds and stuff!!! It`s so kewl!)

Eleryth
06-20-2004, 12:00 PM
You could try velcro for the leg garter. Or double sided tape (carpet tape, toupee tape, medical tape...).

Can't say too much else about the costume. The images of you were too small to see details clearly. But the color looks really good on you, and it looks like a great first costume.

musica heart
06-20-2004, 09:44 PM
YEAH PUDDING GETS RESPECT!
godo jobo!

Skullez
06-20-2004, 10:06 PM
awww thats so cute!!!

Mew_Pudding
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Wheee!! I got a positive response from the judges at AnimeNEXT `04 too! It helped our group get Best Youth! ^.^

I`ll try and get some more larger pictures. There may be some since AnimeNEXT is over. ^.^

Thanks for all your guy`s help and imput!!! =D

Nozomi Wazawa
06-23-2004, 08:15 AM
about the elastic... if you do it around your leg and actually sew the fabric unto the elastic on your leg(or at least do a sort of "primary" stitch and then use the machine for the rest) it will look amazing when you put iton... it will scrunch when you take it off though.

Mew_Pudding
06-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Hmm, I probly could manage that, all I would have to do it remake it as if it were an armband, but without the gathers....*thinkthink* Hey, that might work! =D Thanks! =D