PDA

View Full Version : How can I get DARKER SKIN FAST?? FF12 FRAN

Razvan Sedekiah
06-07-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm curious about the different methods for making your skin tan.
Especially something non-permanent that can be removed the next day.

Ruby-Chan
06-08-2004, 12:37 AM
i suggest calling your local tanning salons and asking them if they have the airbrush tan. You can go a couple times and get a really dark tan. Its very smooth and even and lasts a little over a week. usually costs abot $20, which is what a good over the counter self tanner would costs you anyway, except its more error proof

archangeli
06-08-2004, 01:59 AM
ok, since you have to do a pale skin --> dark skin transformation overnight i suggest 3 methods that you could choose from

1) self tanner. in which case, read the existing threads in this forum :)
2) a GOOD brozing powder. that means one that doesn't have huge chunks of glitter in it.
3) alternative to the bronzing powder is a theatrical makeup. Mehron and Ben Nye have great color options to go darker with.

great thing about #2 and #3 is that you control the color immediately. self tanners take time to develop and can streak if you don't apply thoroughly :)

Razvan Sedekiah
06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Thankyou for your reply. Hmmm only $20.. I expected they would cost more! thanx!!

i suggest calling your local tanning salons and asking them if they have the airbrush tan. You can go a couple times and get a really dark tan. Its very smooth and even and lasts a little over a week. usually costs abot $20, which is what a good over the counter self tanner would costs you anyway, except its more error proof

Razvan Sedekiah
06-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Thankyou! you've definetly givin me some things to think about!!

ok, since you have to do a pale skin --> dark skin transformation overnight i suggest 3 methods that you could choose from

1) self tanner. in which case, read the existing threads in this forum :)
2) a GOOD brozing powder. that means one that doesn't have huge chunks of glitter in it.
3) alternative to the bronzing powder is a theatrical makeup. Mehron and Ben Nye have great color options to go darker with.

great thing about #2 and #3 is that you control the color immediately. self tanners take time to develop and can streak if you don't apply thoroughly :)

Albinochii
06-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Self tanner, spray on tan, things like that.

HuongStar
06-14-2004, 02:28 PM
I have just started my Fran costume from Final Fantasy 12. I have pale/rudy complexion. I need to get darker. FAST. I am also cosplaying Usagi (Sailor Moon) in her school uniform. And need to be pale for that. I will be Usagi one day and then Fran the next..... How can I get darker that fast.

I'm looking for:

Good NAMES of BRAND of products for instant tanning or makeup (preferably makeup) that don't rub off easliy.

And good brands of tights that come in darker skin tones.

Any help would be loved!
Check out this thread on self-tanners (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=31288&highlight=self-tan) for brand recommendations. I personally prefer Estee Lauder Go Bronze for face (http://www.esteelauder.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5870&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5732) and body (http://www.esteelauder.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5870&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5734) and I've heard great things about Neutrogena Instant Bronze Sunless Tanner & Bronzer Foam (http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails.asp?ID=135). These are all self-tanners but they will provide an instant bronzy "glow" and the color will deepen over time.

Ginger Catgirl
06-17-2004, 10:17 AM
wow... O_O my skin is crazy, i could stay inside in the dark all day every day and it would still darken in the summer and lighten in the winter.... >_< some small part of me wishes the major cons were in the winter so i wouldn't be so dark!!! Of course, then not only would it be freezing cold, I'd probabl have school >_< ewwww.

Hinata
06-17-2004, 05:32 PM
I love Origin's "the great pretender" I have skin similar to yours, and it always makes me tan niceley. It doesn't streak, smells nice, and isn't orange like some self tanners out there. I love it. Make sure to exfoliate before you apply a self tanner, so that it goes on smoothly! Try the cocoa butter scrub from the body shop. It's smells so good, and makes your skin so nice!! Good luck with your cosplay!