PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Rings Gathering '04

FlameSniperRei
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
I know quite a few people have LOTR costumes. IS anyone else interested in doing a big photoshoot at CC?

Sana-chan
06-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Totally! Tho I'm not sure if I'm gonna be Legolas again this year... we'll see what happens ^_^.

Preferrably can we not do it on Saturday? lol I wanna be Jack then =3

Dany
06-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Totally! Tho I'm not sure if I'm gonna be Legolas again this year... we'll see what happens ^_^.

Preferrably can we not do it on Saturday? lol I wanna be Jack then =3

It depends. Presently I plan on dressing as Dawn for a Friday shoot in the afternoon, and I have Malfoy planned on Sunday.

...and Saturday is the Masquerade. If we somehow ended up with it on Saturday, it would have to be early in the day...like..before 2, or 3 at the latest.

FlameSniperRei
06-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Sana-chan can you ask your sister what she thinks too cuz I know she wanted to wear her Frodo.

kelldar
06-11-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm for sure bringing my Arwen wedding dress thing, which I may or may not be wearing as Galadriel (y'know, blonde wig instead of black... ;)

FlameSniperRei
06-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Wow that would be cool Kell! :) I hope we can take pix together i'm bringing my "new hope dress" Arwen. YAY!

Mich
06-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Oh Poo,well I'm wearing my Arwen for the Masquerade,but if anyone is up for it afterwards ...I'm in...LOL

KelBebop
06-15-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm definitely up for some kind of photoshoot. I'll be bringing either my Fellowship Merry costume (seen in my avatar) or party Merry to wear in the halls, and I have a new LOTR costume for the masquerade. I would love a Sunday shoot so those of us who have new LOTR costumes for the masquerade could wear them. :bigtu: But if it's on another day, that's cool, too.

(And off-topic, Sana-chan, I'm bringing my Norrington costume to SDCC, so Jack better watch out!)

All good things,
Kel

Dany
06-15-2004, 06:27 PM
(And off-topic, Sana-chan, I'm bringing my Norrington costume to SDCC, so Jack better watch out!)

There's nothin' t'be afraid of!!!!

*giggle*

OK, this is only goin' by BayCon, but th' "Commodore" was right friendly there...

(maybe that was why the rum was gone!)

Sana-chan
06-15-2004, 10:17 PM

Oh heck yeah lol. Wear it on Saturday if you can! I'd love to take pics with ya... and pirate fight you hoo-hah!

Anywayz hmmmmm I wouldn't mind being Legolas on Sunday.

Freya
06-15-2004, 10:28 PM
I think Sunday is a great day! I'm not sure if my Traveling Frodo outfit will make a reappearance but definitely my Frodo Opening outfit from Fellowship will make an appearance. And Kel we've definitely got to get more pics together! XD

cgmangotiger
06-16-2004, 01:41 AM
I'd love to go to the photoshoot!

I'm avaliable Fri, Sat, Sun for the shoots and have a Ringwraith and Frodo costume.

Though I'm deciding which costume I want to do twice, either Frodo or the Ringwraith

FlameSniperRei
06-16-2004, 07:43 PM
It looks like more people want Saturday. Is this okay? how about like in the afternoon? I know this may be a problem for people in the masquerade though as they may be wearing their LOTR costumes in the masq.

Dany
06-16-2004, 11:12 PM
If it's before around 2ish I might show up anyway, just to see what shows up. :)

Freya
06-17-2004, 12:06 AM
It looks like more people want Saturday. Is this okay? how about like in the afternoon? I know this may be a problem for people in the masquerade though as they may be wearing their LOTR costumes in the masq.

Well the thread seems like more peeps want Sunday but...I dunno...for me its just if I do Frodo I'm staying in Frodo all day because I dun wanna change...>_>

Yuna
06-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I'll wear my Aowyn!! (if I can get it done) MAU, just tell me when and give me a sexy Dwarf to molest... er... I mean man.

Sana-chan
06-17-2004, 09:51 AM
I'll wear my Aowyn!! (if I can get it done) MAU, just tell me when and give me a sexy Dwarf to molest... er... I mean man.

What about a Legolas to molerst? =3

I'm still all for Sundayness so that way everyone doing LOTR in the masquerade can join us.

FlameSniperRei
06-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Hrm okay Sunday then guys?? ^^ Honestly I don't mind which day I wear Arwen, it's all up to you.

LadyAmaryllis
06-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Hopefully I'll have my Arwen Mourning Gown finished...but er...maybe not. I'm still stressing over Anime Expo at this point. Costume or no, I'll be there for sure! ^_^ Saturday or Sunday is fine with me.

Can't wait to see everybody! I've been to lots of various conventions, but this will be my first Comic Con. w00t!

kelldar
06-17-2004, 08:05 PM
First time for me too, Lady Amaryllis! :D
I hope we get to get pics together, FlameSniperRei! I want to at least say hi to you, lol :D
Mich -you're the Arwen for Middle Earth Cotillion right?

FlameSniperRei
06-18-2004, 12:23 PM
First time for me too, Lady Amaryllis! :D
I hope we get to get pics together, FlameSniperRei! I want to at least say hi to you, lol :D

Definetly, let's get a photo! Oh btw, I saw this girl with a very kewl Yu-Gi-Oh Costume that kinda looked like you at PMX04, I thought it was you and asked but she said her name was Onyx or something. ^^; my bad!!! :thumbsup:

KelBebop
06-18-2004, 04:44 PM
There's nothin' t'be afraid of!!!!

*giggle*

OK, this is only goin' by BayCon, but th' "Commodore" was right friendly there...

(maybe that was why the rum was gone!)

HEY! Hello, pride of the Royal Navy here! :sulk:

Well, I'm planning to bring Norrington, as well as my Merry costumes, and perhaps Jedi, but I'm not sure what days I'm wearing each one. All I know for sure is that I am DEFINITELY wearing Merry's Rohan armour in the masquerade, and also on Sunday. So if we're doing the gathering/photo shoot on Sunday, I will definitely be all shiny. :cool:

All good things,
Kel

Mich
06-20-2004, 06:43 PM

Ummmnn yep,I am....howdya know that?( ponder ponder)

Now then,cos I'm from the U.K. and this little outing is doubling as a family holiday( I don't think I can push it to be there Sunday too,so would Saturday night after the Masquerade be alright with everyone?
( thinking that then ppl who can't make Sunday can do Saturday,plus ppl in the Masquerade can still do it( and they'll already be dressed up), and ummmnn...ppl that wanted Saturday can do it then too?????
Phew! my brain hurts....
I would SO love to take a picture like that back home to 'Blighty' to show my M8's
( Am I pulling at your heart strings enough yet fellow Middle Earthers????? :love:

Yuna
06-20-2004, 06:53 PM
It's probably better you don't wear your Arwen in the exhibitor's hall Mich, people would step all over it >_<;

kelldar
06-20-2004, 07:21 PM
FlameSniperRei - lol I think I must have an evil twin lurking somewhere, maybe that's her XD
Mich - I'm Galadriel for it! I'm kellilla on the list :D

Mich
06-21-2004, 03:22 AM
FlameSniperRei - lol I think I must have an evil twin lurking somewhere, maybe that's her XD
Mich - I'm Galadriel for it! I'm kellilla on the list :D

Aaahhhh* sounds of pennies and dropping are heard* :thumbsup:
Oh how's your outfit coming along?( Don't forget to post pics of it when it's finished will you?)
Great to meet someone else BTW....( Being SO far away from you all.....I'm slowly piecing bits together) :razz: I've only really been chatting to Garf,and Dian on the group....( Oh and Kent a little,but that's more to do with my Anna Valerious outfit LOL)

Mich
06-21-2004, 03:25 AM
It's probably better you don't wear your Arwen in the exhibitor's hall Mich, people would step all over it >_<;

Hmmmnn Yuna,thanks for the heads up......It's really a difficult one isn't it? cos after spending SO long making the bloomin' thing, I don't want to total it,but on the other hand,it'll never get seen again,maybe only once or twice at a Con...I dunno.....I might just grab the bottom of it and 'go for it'.... :)

Dany
06-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Hmmmnn Yuna,thanks for the heads up......It's really a difficult one isn't it? cos after spending SO long making the bloomin' thing, I don't want to total it,but on the other hand,it'll never get seen again,maybe only once or twice at a Con...I dunno.....I might just grab the bottom of it and 'go for it'.... :)

There's always the subtle sewing of a ring or something to where the back could be tied up, probably. But I had a very VERY slight train on my Narcissa Malfoy coat and it's inevitable people would stomp all over it. Of course, that coat is crazy...and I ended up trading it off to a friend of mine on whom it looked considerably better. (the pattern was a bit large on me..)

Mich
06-21-2004, 05:32 PM
There's always the subtle sewing of a ring or something to where the back could be tied up, probably. But I had a very VERY slight train on my Narcissa Malfoy coat and it's inevitable people would stomp all over it. Of course, that coat is crazy...and I ended up trading it off to a friend of mine on whom it looked considerably better. (the pattern was a bit large on me..)
I'll prolly just throw it over my arm....Hey that's IF we are having the( Middle Earth) photo after the Masquerade????????

L to the 3rd
06-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Ack hehe.. i've been stressing about AX and haven't even thought about comic-con. I'll bring legolas for sunday then... =)

Dany
06-21-2004, 11:02 PM
I'll prolly just throw it over my arm....Hey that's IF we are having the( Middle Earth) photo after the Masquerade????????

....will it be a bad time to say that my Masquerade costume isn't LOTR related?

*sniffle*

Mich
06-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Hmmmnn,this is a tricky one...

Dany
06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
It's OK...I'm sure I'll live if I don't end up being able to wear my white Requiem....you'll just have to endure the costume I have instead.

...amongst other things.

*prays to the fake accent gods*

cgmangotiger
06-25-2004, 10:39 AM
So it's Sunday then? Where and when shall me meet?

Mich
06-25-2004, 04:23 PM
So it's Sunday then? Where and when shall me meet?
I'm sorry I can't make it if it is...... :waaaah:

L to the 3rd
06-26-2004, 12:02 AM
I think most people want it on Sunday but I guess everyone who's in the masquerade with a LOTR costume can meet after the masquerade (or during, backstage) for a photo. If it's Sunday, prehaps there will be a LOTR section like last year. Early afternoon seems the best but we should wait until the schedule comes out to see.

Dany
06-26-2004, 01:11 AM
*lightbulb!*

I know! I can get someone ELSE to wear my white Requiem!!!!

*looks around*

I got someone else to wear my other elven dress (the one I tend to call my Gil-Galad dress because I embroidered a design from his armor on the sleeves of it), it can't be that difficult...

Hrmmmmm...

Mich
06-26-2004, 06:57 AM
I think most people want it on Sunday but I guess everyone who's in the masquerade with a LOTR costume can meet after the masquerade (or during, backstage) for a photo. If it's Sunday, prehaps there will be a LOTR section like last year. Early afternoon seems the best but we should wait until the schedule comes out to see.

Oooo this would be great,Oh and maybe if we get two lots of different pics at least they could be sorta 'joined ' together
So maybe two different photo ops? Yes?....Saturday( after,during,or backstage) at the Masquerade,and Sunday ( for all those who'd like Sunday)

kelldar
06-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Aaahhhh* sounds of pennies and dropping are heard* :thumbsup:
Oh how's your outfit coming along?( Don't forget to post pics of it when it's finished will you?)
Great to meet someone else BTW....( Being SO far away from you all.....I'm slowly piecing bits together) :razz: I've only really been chatting to Garf,and Dian on the group....( Oh and Kent a little,but that's more to do with my Anna Valerious outfit LOL)

Hehe, I've been pretty much lurking on the group, since I don't really know anyone XD I can't wait to see your Arwen in person, though... it looks so perfect *_*

I can certainly do a gathering either day (after the masq and or sunday - sunday if it's later in the day I'll just try to catch up with some of you in the morning, since my plane leaves at 4 that day ^^; )

Mich
06-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Hehe, I've been pretty much lurking on the group, since I don't really know anyone XD
Waaahhhhhaaaaa,I don't actually know anyone anyway either...Just got a big gob! :jjacks:

Reaver
06-26-2004, 08:20 PM
ooh! I'm definitely taking pics of the LOTR gathering here (since I dont have time to take the gathering pix at AX this year XP)

cgmangotiger
06-27-2004, 05:16 AM
-Wai- I dunno anyone either, but I'm sure we'll be recognizable with our costumes. XD And I'm sure everyone will see me as my Nazgul! It's gonna be hot in that thing, I just know it!

LadyAmaryllis
07-01-2004, 03:13 AM
Oooo this would be great,Oh and maybe if we get two lots of different pics at least they could be sorta 'joined ' together
So maybe two different photo ops? Yes?....Saturday( after,during,or backstage) at the Masquerade,and Sunday ( for all those who'd like Sunday)

Yeah, two days sounds great. I'm only going on Saturday, at this point, unless I have a lot of fun and decide to go back. I'm nervous about buying an all weekend pass for a con I've never been to ^_^;; But yeah. Two days sounds best to me - then everybody can come to whichever one is best for them, or both.

That's my two cents! See you guys there, hopefully!

Ami Yuy
07-01-2004, 05:36 AM
Ah! *pouts* Well, I'm stealing LadyAmaryllis's Eowyn (I think, I hope!) for Comic Con, but I'm only going Saturday. -_- Church is Sun morning, and by the time I drove down there...yeah, it wouldn't be worth it... Erm... Bah... I really wanna meet up with you guys to get pictures taken... I think I'll be better at posing this time, it was hard at the picnic. -_- What I really need is her sword....

FlameSniperRei
07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if there is a LOTR section like there was last year? that way we can just take photos over there. :)

Dany
07-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Interestingly enough, Thursday night there is a big OneRing.Net meetup after the LOTR panel...too bad I'll probably not be in costume unless I'm REALLY lucky..

FlameSniperRei
07-06-2004, 10:36 PM
DOH! Thursday?? ;_; I doubt I'll even be at comic con on thursday. Sadness.

Ami Yuy
07-07-2004, 03:08 AM
[hypnotizes them]

Two gatherings.

One daytime Saturday and one Sunday!
[/hypnotization]

*sighs* I AM wearing Eowyn. I WANT to meet up for a photo-op with you all. I WILL NOT be there for the Masquerade or after it. I WILL NOT be there Sunday.

So, from what it sounds like, it's hopeless. *sighs*

Mich
07-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Hooorrraaaahhh! Hubby has said I can go to con Sunday morning too.....
So I can wear my Arwen on Sunday if that fits in better with all you guys? :thumbsup:

LadyAmaryllis
07-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I second that!! Let's have one on Sunday and one on Saturday. Then everybody who can make it at the time, can come. Kapeesh? Lol.

So now for times. Anyone?

Dany
07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Well, I guess I'll just be all looking at you guys then!! I've promised Lucius for Sunday and Saturday I've kind of promised myself it will be my Lara Goth bit, or Dawn if things don't work out...

However...don't be surprised if I show up to one or the other anyway with my white Arwen, just for showoff purposes. More likely Sunday. My brain will be Masquerade mush Saturday...

FlameSniperRei
07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
OK guys Saturday how about like at 1pm ish? and Sunday at 1pm-ish as well? Next to the LOTR booths, if they're having a booth section this year.

Ami Yuy
07-08-2004, 05:37 PM
OK guys Saturday how about like at 1pm ish? and Sunday at 1pm-ish as well? Next to the LOTR booths, if they're having a booth section this year.

Yay! Sounds good to me! *hugs* ^_^ Lol, I really really really love Eowyn (Amaryllis did such an awesome job on it!) and I can't wait to get some pictures with you all!

Lol, my favorite costume is one I didn't make. -_-

LadyAmaryllis
07-08-2004, 11:35 PM
1 PM it is! No more haggling! Lol. Ami and I will be there 1 PM on Saturday, as Arwen (Mourning Gown) and Eowyn (Shield Maiden).

Better make sure you can get the Eowyn costume on without me, Ami! The sleeves and everything might be too confusing for Will. Lol. Or maybe we could have a sleepover or something the night before? Finally at my house? And have you checked to make sure that the hem is better? It works on me but I dunno about you. Someday I'll be able to wear it to a con... ^_^;; Hmm, sorry, perhaps I should have PMed this. Moving on.

Oh, and where is this gathering going to be? Did we say that already and I've just forgotten?

KelBebop
07-09-2004, 01:46 PM
There is a LOTR pavillion this year, but from what I've heard, New Line won't have as large a presence at Comic-Con as they did last year.

I doubt I'll be in LOTR costume on Saturday, but I will definitely be in my masquerade costume (Merry's Rohan armour) Sunday, so I'll look for you guys then.

All good things,
Kel

FlameSniperRei
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
OK guys so its settled. 1pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday at the LOTR pavillion in the exhibit hall/dealer's room. :) See you all there! I'm not sure which day is better for me to cosplay LOTR I think Saturday for now.

Dany
07-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Hmm...anyone going to have some sort of Big Obvious Thing of Identification?

My luck I'll be standing right by you and won't know it unless you say something...so if you see me..um...I dunno..prod at me?

Mich
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
:bigtu: ( Yep sunday for me then)

FlameSniperRei
07-09-2004, 09:09 PM
OK how about this, people that are going FOR SURE either on SAT or SUN please bring a SIGN that says "Cosplay.Com LOTR gathering" On it? Does that sound ok? :)

Dany
07-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Either that..or perhaps this idea...

At BayCon, they had these really neat badge ribbons that stuck to the bottom of badges with various things on them. Now mind you, badge ribbons this close might be a problem, however, if you have a color printer, you could say, print the cosplay.com banner on a piece of paper, trim it down, and then tape it to the bottom of your badge.

I know I'll be hard-pressed to carry signs around, but I'll have all sorts of crazy things in the lines of badges ;)

FlameSniperRei
07-11-2004, 08:14 PM
That may be hard to coordinate, if people can just write on a piece of paper 'cosplay.com' i think that should be sufficiant?

Lasyrenn
07-17-2004, 06:13 AM
:drink: Hey y'all! This will be my first year at SDCC (though my 7th year going to cons) so I'm not going to be a whole lot of sure where things are going to be. The meeting place for both groups is at the LOR Pavilion in the Exhibit Hall, right? I hope that won't be hard to miss :) I'll be bringing my Eowyn refugee costume to Saturday and *maybe* Sunday if time allows. I can't wait to see you guys and I can't wait to see the wonderful masquerade! :jjacks:

~Merle *gearing up for another con* :dance:
*though paycheck still hurts from AX* :waaaah:

FlameSniperRei
07-17-2004, 08:23 PM
That is correct Lasyrenn, see you there!!! :D

My friends and myself are probably doing the Sunday gathering. We have Legolas, Frodo, Arwen and Galadriele.

cgmangotiger
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, now I have to decide what day I want to do my Ringwraith and what day I want to go as Frodo...

Any suggestions to who I should wear on what day?

Estel
07-22-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as Mich. I've got my Aragorn costume, and I'd be in if it weren't for the fact that I've got Masq Sat. :/

kelldar
07-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Ah darn I won't be able to make either. I will be around sunday morning in my Arwen but I'll have to leave around 11:30. So hopefully I'll catch some of you guys on sunday for a few unofficial pics.

L to the 3rd
07-23-2004, 05:36 PM
I'll ya guys at the gathering on Sunday, I'm stuck at work at the moment w/ half of my legolas costume sitting under my work desk HEHE. =) I'm leaving for CC in a few hours!!