PDA

View Full Version : The Sign-Whore Hallway Forum Reunion!

keyoume
06-09-2004, 03:18 PM
^_^ Does anyone remember this years sign-whore hallway at all? Hahaha! I love it, truely brought out sides of people..... I realy didnt need to see. BUT, it was still a nice little spot to hangout. I meet two guys that ended up being my slaves or somthing like that so it was pretty cool ^___^! ...WHat did 'you' do in that hallway ???

HuongStar
06-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Does anyone else wish that signs were banned? :square:

keyoume
06-09-2004, 03:30 PM
*pout* Signs are nice because there an easy was to make friends, plus they dont realy happen out of conventions so there supposed to be a little weird..

Ryo Ikari
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM
i think it was fun but then there was time i wish i wasn't there. ^_^ but its all fun a games.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
*nod nod* ^-^; Yes there were 'times'. *remembers the two girls making out who just had to jump in front of me* x_x

Ryo Ikari
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
What?! O_O 2 girls!

i wish i seen that.

animethink
06-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Does anyone else wish that signs were banned? :square:
I'm with huong on this one. damn you sign kids. :miffed: there are other, less intrusive and irritating ways to make friends that don't involve actively panning for hugs (or worse) from complete strangers. like talking to people...you know, without using a posterboard. I don't know you, of course I don't want to hug you...for all I know, you could be a serial killer...didn't your mom ever tell you about stranger danger?
I guess it's useless to rant; there's nothing to be done. Just...try cosplaying or something. I swear it's more fun, and people might actually have some shred of respect for you... whatever, it's your con, do with it what you will.

*...damned sign kids...*

Cherry
06-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Some signs were a lil over the top this year.

Someone came up to me with a "FREE KISSES" sign when I was in Sora, and I ran away. x.x; Full speed.

But besides that, they were harmless. My friend had one that said "I got dumped last night. Hugs/Condolences/Money/Food accepted".

Some of them were cute, and MOST of them were really nice people! That hallway was a blast, and a great place to chat with people.!

keyoume
06-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Please stop freeking out over such little things. Most of the people in that hallway were harmless, and stayed 'only' in that hallway, so its not like you chouldnt stay away from them, or did I miss somthing o__O;? And no im not one of those sign people, I cosplayed Ichigo. ^-^ But I did make realy good friends with some of those sign guys so respect that!

Gren
06-09-2004, 04:59 PM
I absolutely dispised the sign whore hallway.

No. I do not want to hug, kiss, grope, glomp, feed, hire, or do ANYTHING else with you. I want to go to the elevators without walking through the Texas heat, and I want to do it in relative peace. That hallway had a very nice view, and would have been a pleasant place to rest my aching feet and talk with friends for a few minutes, but instead it was filled with terrible shrieking fans, all vying for attention over each other, approaching me every 10 eseconds, not with a greeting or an introduction, but by holding up some crumpled bit of notebook paper with some pathetic request scrawled upon it in ballpoint pen, and through SOME delusion, expecting that I would receive this is a positive, welcoming fasion.

No. Leave me alone. I want to enjoy the convention. Not pander to a bunch of attention starved fans without the social skills enough to even start a conversation. Who cannot talk to me except by shouting and giggling.

I

Hate

Signs.

shin kurenai
06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
i dont mind people wearing signs~

i mind people like who harass you and they think they can because they have a sign ~_~;

keyoume
06-09-2004, 05:07 PM
^-^; Come on people, have a little compation for these guys! (P.s. Gren, that sounds like a personal probleme to me)

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Next guy who holds up a "hug me" sign gets the "SPINE BREAKING HUG 'O' DEATH" from me. You have been warned....*begins practicing bear hugs*

Anakha
06-09-2004, 05:48 PM
i had fun hugging the guys who wanted hugs from chicks, i could tell they didna like it. :p

FromHerAshes
06-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I really dug the whole sign thing a lot. I purposefully passed through that hallway a bit more than I needed to just to read all the cool little signs and occasionally hand out hugs.
What I didn't appreciate were people who thought it was okay to randomly wander around the REST of the convention harassing me when it was OBVIOUS I was doing other things.
But in the hallway, it was fun, and I actually met a couple of fun and nice people, got some good hugs, and got to rest in an atmosphere that was dynamic and funny. I say, way to go sign people!

But remember that people aren't at the convention to read your signs-- try not to openly harass people. They'll read your signs if they want to. Don't bug people.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey yusuke! ^_^ I saw you at a-kon! You people should post your picture more often. ^.^ Its realy nice when I can remember see in people( dont know why.... but it is)

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 06:21 PM
thanks keyoume, and I hope sign whore hallway becomes a traditon at A-Kon. That would be interesting....*resumes practice*

suikodee
06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I thought the sign thing was annoying... originally they were okay but after the 10th sign I read that said things like "you looked" or something, I just didn't read them anymore. *shrug*

keyoume
06-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Is anyone going to 'Anime Fest?'. Maybe we should start the tradition there too?

Scortia
06-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Have your signs just don't badger people as they make the unavoidable walk between buildings. argh ~_~;;

Da Tenshi Kurai
06-09-2004, 07:04 PM
The hall scared me.... x_X;; The line of cat-girls and dog-girls whose signs all said "free tummy rubs" was a bit too much. I didn't go back in there. X_x;;

Seeing certain signs on certain cosplayers irritated me, especially the cosplayers whose signs were out of character. -_-;; Geez....

keyoume
06-09-2004, 07:09 PM
^_^; Some people were being a little creepy, but theres allways going to be some creepy people. ^___^ I made so many friends in there, maybe if you'd of stayed in there longer, you might of had fun.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I Will ask again.... Is anyone who went to A-Kon Going to anime fest?

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 07:23 PM
where/when is anime fest, and how many people usually go to it.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Ummm, AnimeFest I think is in Dallas. It should be on laborday weekend ^-^;. This will be my frirst time to it, so im not realy sure how many people will be there.

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Hmm, i'll have to consider it. And on a side note. I was just waiting for that skybridge area (sign whore hallway) to collapse considering there were alot of people in there and it probly had a maximum weight limit like most things in the real world.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 07:33 PM
O__O; did it realy?? Hahaha, that whould have been funny(it whould have hurt tho x.x).... I guess it whould of stoped the signs tho *glares at sign haters*

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I probly would have laughed while pointing my finger at the mess, then people would have been staring at me, then I would have done somethin anime-ish and walked away.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 07:45 PM
*nod nod nod* ^-^......hmmmm, you should go to anime fest tho... im scared that i'll go and there wont be anyone i know. I meen i dont know you, but i've seen you talked to you on a forum and you've seen my picture. o_O; I dunno. Am I weird for thinking that?

Wedge
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I found the sign skywalk to be rather amusing - though nothing can top the "Anime Dad - Need money and therapy" sign at ushicon!

BTW, to the person that got dumped, I still owe you a hug (handshake doesn't cut it, does it?)

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 07:58 PM
ehhhh.. it helps when you go with friends or with a group, but other than that....

keyoume
06-09-2004, 08:01 PM
^__^ heh heh heh.....x_x oki (im so retarded, forgive me)

Yusuke Urameshi
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
sorry, I've been looking for a reason to post that for a while now, lol. Anywho, if your gonna find people from A-Kon who are going to Animefest, might I suggest starting a new topic.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 08:07 PM
^^; Yeah I should lol, but im about to go watch a movie, so i think i'll go ahead and stay on this topic for a while.(^^ i liked the bunny)

keyoume
06-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Okay, i'll be back later people and again, sorry im kind of stupid o__o(sorry yusuke) I'll be back when the movie gets boring, see ya! ^__^

Wedge
06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
continuing with the off-topicness and imageness... if you see a yaoi guy headin' my way...

Skyline Kyo
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I actually enjoyed walking through the hallway seeing all the crazy people holding all their signs. It was a nice comic relief plus some of the hugs were nice ^_^

I admit... some of those signs were a tad odd... but all in the name of being a "sign whore"

Cherry
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I have to say. PEOPLE HOLDING SIGNS IS FINE.

Jumping in front of me and Gren, harassing us, wanting to kiss us, hug us, give them money. That is wrong.

Personal space is a good thing.

Yes. It IS a personal problem, by the way. If Gren, or me, would like to walk form place to place in peace, that is our personal problem, and should be respected. Now, the cute signs, those were funny. I appreciate those.

keyoume
06-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Hahaha! *just now saw the pic from wedge* XP

Anakha
06-09-2004, 09:39 PM
yea, stay outta the bubble, or ill smack ye

FoxPhyre
06-10-2004, 03:16 AM
I have to say. PEOPLE HOLDING SIGNS IS FINE.

Jumping in front of me and Gren, harassing us, wanting to kiss us, hug us, give them money. That is wrong.

Personal space is a good thing.

Yes. It IS a personal problem, by the way. If Gren, or me, would like to walk form place to place in peace, that is our personal problem, and should be respected. Now, the cute signs, those were funny. I appreciate those.

Im not even a sign whore but i feel i can speak on behalf of them. maybe they wanted hugs-n-kisses because you guys are so damn kawaii, ne? :love: :thumbsup:

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 03:46 AM
I had to give out like 8 hugs (2 of which were in the sign whore hallway), and I didnt even have a sign. I think I may have become the unofficial Yusuke-Bear.

Jonio
06-10-2004, 03:47 AM
I was in the sign hallway, afraid to give away hugs though. Didn't want someone to flip out that I was invading their space.

That and I noticed some people with the "Hug Me" signs were really only looking for hugs from "certain" people.

FoxPhyre
06-10-2004, 05:39 AM
I was in the sign hallway, afraid to give away hugs though. Didn't want someone to flip out that I was invading their space.

That and I noticed some people with the "Hug Me" signs were really only looking for hugs from "certain" people.

you must have missed the fine print at the bottom. a disclaimer of sorts i suppose. fine print in ( )
i.e.
FREE HUGS (if you look like mune-mune)
GLOMP ME (unless you weigh more than 120lbs)
KISSES FOR POKEMON CARDS (as long as you are a bisexual girl above the age of 17, like yaoi, eat pocky, drink ramune, drive a mercedes, suck at DDR, speak broken fan-japanese, dont really live in dallas, and or have a really really really rare and expensive card)
(p.s. i really love pokemon soooooo much that even if your the ugliest girl in the world ill kiss you anyway for a really cool card.....)

poor, poor soul...

lol, j/j the only thing that bothered me about the hallway was that people always wanted to stop you and take pictures RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE... then once you were engaged in a pose at the request of an obviously impatient photographer, the evil-staffer-thats-had-a-super-bad-day-because-hes-stuck-babysitting-sign-whores comes up and yells at you to get out of the flow of traffic.. yes i understand hes trying to save the passers thru from his fate(stuck in the hallway) but he could have at least been a little more aggressive.. like grabbing people and tossing them against the wall... that would have been fun... or maybe chucking them out the window into the busy dallas street below... i would have stopped in the middle just for that one...

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 05:46 AM
lol, I was thinking of making a "Hug Me" for next time. It'll read...

HUG ME, and in fine print (and get a punch in return if your a guy)

Btw, FoxPhyre, are you the reptile from the Kombat group, and if so how much did all that stuff cost ya. It was an allready great costume but going as a group made it a sure fire winner.

FoxPhyre
06-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Btw, FoxPhyre, are you the reptile from the Kombat group, and if so how much did all that stuff cost ya. It was an allready great costume but going as a group made it a sure fire winner.

ill just put it this way.. my colleagues and i spent enough on the costumes that we had to share a room between 6 people at the hampton down the street.. we had originally planned for 2 rooms.. but.. instead i slept on the floor or halfway off the bed, lol

thanks for the compliment, by the way. however, i feel that alot of others deserved awards too.. when cherry and gren got second i looked over at the girl who was mileena and said "we lost.. no chance in hell now..."

when the MC yelled mortal kombat i liked to crapped my sneak-suit...
good thing i didnt, ne?

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 06:18 AM
lol, sorry I'm too busy laughing. I got the picture of the guy saying, Finish Him! Then a piece of crap rolls out your pants. Then it gets real silent.

FoxPhyre
06-10-2004, 06:23 AM
haha, another funny note about the whole mortal-kombat group thing:

scorpion and I were walking through the vendor room dodging cameras like all the other cosplayers were saturday, and we walked up to a random non-descript hentai vendor, browsing the wares if you will... the vendor makes a smart remark about scorpion and reptile browsing hentai titles, and reptile, without missing a beat bites back with. "excuse me, but its a well known fact that ninjas love smut.. its the source of their powers.." the vendor nearly became incontinent

sorry for the off topic-ness..

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 08:29 AM
This is slowly creeping towards the official off topic thread apparently, not like that's a bad thing.

kleykulele
06-10-2004, 11:14 AM
There were only five people I hugged at the con that I didn't "know" before - Al on friday, and then on Saturday when I was being harassed by the sign crew (well, I WAS half naked...I was one of the Lums >.>), I smiled politely and kept walking. Sign people scare me @_@;;.

I did however, hug the big Sonic, Steve Bennett, a Nabeshin cosplayer because he was so cool, and I sort of hugged the green mortal combat guy while we were taking a picture *.*;;.

I didn't give away free kisses or the like _-_;. The sign people didn't bother me, just sort of scared me X_x;.

HuongStar
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
If bums aren't allowed to carry signs in Dallas proper....

Cherry
06-10-2004, 01:45 PM
If bums aren't allowed to carry signs in Dallas proper....

Then Anime Fans that are paying to be at a convention shouldn't be allowed to either!~

Admin
06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I . . . hate . . . signs

Due to better judgement, I removed a couple of choice words in that sentence before I hit the submit button.

keyoume
06-10-2004, 03:02 PM
.......o.o....... yes well............ ....... ....... does anyone remember me??? .. cause I cant remember ANYONE in there.... ;-; should I be ashaimed? This hole post was going to be about people I remember but um....... x___x

Cherry
06-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I . . . hate . . . signs

Due to better judgement, I removed a couple of choice words in that sentence before I hit the submit button.

:x ::Pets:: Relaxxxxxxx.

Lol. I don't like signs either, but no matter what, they are going to be there, so I just stopped fighting it.

ZiggyB
06-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I wasn't at A-Kon, but I do remember this one instance in which there was a cosplayer walking by. I only saw her on the side, the costume looked really cool and I got up to go take her picture. She turned and was holding a sign. I sat right back down.

I don't even remember what the sign said, hug me, kiss me, pocky, whatever.

I'll join in the "sign = bad" brigade, but it also distracts from the costume and in a lot of cases, they want the sign in the picture. So it basically blocks the costume (and cosplayer) from being photographed.

Yah, not worth the trouble and I sat right back down. Actually, I had friends sitting next to me crack up laughing when they saw me do this. :)

animethink
06-10-2004, 05:51 PM
:x ::Pets:: Relaxxxxxxx.

Lol. I don't like signs either, but no matter what, they are going to be there, so I just stopped fighting it.

I'm all about fighting for hopeless causes... It's what I do best. :bigtu:
...and damn those sign kids piss me off. :fuming:

bums aren't allowed to carry signs in Dallas proper....
Then Anime Fans that are paying to be at a convention shouldn't be allowed to either!~

I'm seeing some similarities between the two here...

<I feel sorry for the bums...> :skidude2:

and keyoume, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here...namely that nobody likes the sign kids (except the sign kids themselves) and starting a thread entitled "The Sign-Whore Hallway Forum Reunion!" (notice the term Sign-Whore is decidedly derogatory) is just asking for this manner of abuse. I think we can all see by now that there is much more animosity felt by the general con populus for the sign kids than love, and that maybe, just maybe, signs aren't the way to gain acceptance. The lesson? Ditch the damned signs and enjoy the con like everyone else does. Better for you because other con-goers don't hate you; better for everyone else because you aren't begging them for glomps...whatever the hell that means... And besides, who buys the rather expensive tickets to a con (and possibly a hotel room) and says, "I'm going to go make a sign! This'll be the best con ever!" ? Last I checked, this was about anime...it's not called Sign-Kon--for good reason...

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 05:56 PM
lol, passing through sign whore hallway made for an interesting experience. Next time I'll be prepared with something unique to add to sign whore hallway (until it collapses that is)

p.s. I am also curious as to what glomp means. Someone enlighten me.

Cherry
06-10-2004, 07:04 PM
lol, passing through sign whore hallway made for an interesting experience. Next time I'll be prepared with something unique to add to sign whore hallway (until it collapses that is)

p.s. I am also curious as to what glomp means. Someone enlighten me.

A glomp is a big hug.

A glomp in the way that the people who are fighting the sign thing are thinking, and the thing that I hate as well, is when a TOTAL STRANGER comes up and HUGS you and is all over you WITHOUT your permission.

shin kurenai
06-10-2004, 07:40 PM
yes kids, you too can GET HUGS by using the magic words. think of it as a SPELL but not all MONSTERS will react to it!

HI. CAN I HAVE A HUG?

anything past there is up to you! THE POWER IS YOURS!

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Goooo Planet!!

tearpixy
06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I was the girl with the "Boobs Plz, k thx" sign. Later in the evening I got some mardi gras beads and it was ON. So much fun. I had intended to poke fun at the other sign kids, until girls started flashing me. You might have seen my roommate sitting next to me with the "OMG It's a weiner!" sign. :heart:
My screen name on AIM and Livejournal, also: Tearpixy.

keyoume
06-10-2004, 09:46 PM
;___; people people, I was only a sign holder for ..what.. 5 minutes, and even if I was for the whole time, you dont need to hurt 'mine' and 'others' feelings just because we want a hug... we were all harmless, if you didnt like it, im realy sorry.. we were just having a good time, you know... what you do at conventions? Anyway, I do admit, some of the signs were really over board, but I really dont think 'anyone' deserves any sort of being less accepted, because we have fun in a different way than you..

keyoume
06-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah and P.s. ^_^ I started a realy big thread! ::cheers:: Bigest one i've ever made~ lets rock! ::funk music:: ^_____^ ooo~oo Yyyyeaa~ahh ::dances::

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 09:52 PM
that remind me, I was gonna bring a boom box to the next sign whore hallway with various anime music cds. It'll be a fun time until the security tries to kick us out. Ohh well, we'll just all ignore them.

keyoume
06-10-2004, 09:53 PM
^__^ that whould be awesome!

Yusuke Urameshi
06-10-2004, 09:56 PM
nods head back and forth with closing eyes* I havent gone to sleep in like 30+ hours, tryin to fix my sleeping scedule (thanks A-Kon). Later everyone.

keyoume
06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
See Ya Yusuke! ^-^; Thanks for talkin to us!

FoxPhyre
06-11-2004, 12:11 AM
I did however, hug the big Sonic, Steve Bennett, a Nabeshin cosplayer because he was so cool, and I sort of hugged the green mortal combat guy while we were taking a picture *.*;;.

im proud to be one of the few, the proud , the hugged...(yes, its redundant i know... go on and scold me)

Gren
06-11-2004, 02:29 AM
;___; people people, I was only a sign holder for ..what.. 5 minutes, and even if I was for the whole time, you dont need to hurt 'mine' and 'others' feelings just because we want a hug... we were all harmless, if you didnt like it, im realy sorry.. we were just having a good time, you know... what you do at conventions? Anyway, I do admit, some of the signs were really over board, but I really dont think 'anyone' deserves any sort of being less accepted, because we have fun in a different way than you..

Oh yes, look at me. Trying to enjoy my convention without a group of giggly teens hopped up on pockey cat calling at me, charging up to me, and trhinking that if they talk REALLYREALLYLOUDLYREALLYREALLYFAST it will somehow make me desire their company, despite the fact that I was walking through the hallway without so much as looking at the signs, clearly demonstrating my lack of effort. By all means, drag me into your fun! I must not be interested because I haven't yet had someone try to force me into reading and appreciating your witty scrap of paper. But here I am, actually discouraging your behavior.

Oh, I am so very cruel. Expressing my own opinion.

Mean! Mean! MEAN!

Stop trying to villainize everyone who doesn't agree with you and shows their dissaproval twards your intrusive method of having fun.

Anakha
06-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Ok, so if they wanna sit in a hallway and hold up signs, let them, as long as they stay outta the way, its cool, eh? Besides, if i ever finish my Nightmare costume, the first sign whore who gets in my way will join the rest of the souls im collecting.... i mean, NOT KILLING, at that kon

Jonio
06-11-2004, 02:59 AM
All the signs were fine, only sometimes, people would come up to me, and look at me, and I'd read there sign and be like...."Really"

the only one that really bugged me was the one kid who would get in your way with the sign that read "Hey, this is a sign" or something of that calibur.

Proz
06-11-2004, 06:09 AM
I found the sign skywalk to be rather amusing - though nothing can top the "Anime Dad - Need money and therapy" sign at ushicon!

Actually I spotted him @ A-kon holding up that sign.

An idea I'll throw out is giving people stickers to those that hold up signs that says things like:

"I came for the anime, not for you"
"You make an anime kitty cry"
"Thanks, I no longer feel like a loser after seeing you"

I called it the Hall of Shame. It rightly deserves that title.

kleykulele
06-11-2004, 12:47 PM
im proud to be one of the few, the proud , the hugged...(yes, its redundant i know... go on and scold me)

Your group was so cool *_*;. I was like "hell yes, I get to take a picture with the mortal combat guy!"...not that I showed it. I was pretty laid back and non-excitable at the con this year o_o;. But yeah, that was a highlight of the day :D.

keyoume
06-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh yes, look at me. Trying to enjoy my convention without a group of giggly teens hopped up on pockey cat calling at me, charging up to me, and trhinking that if they talk REALLYREALLYLOUDLYREALLYREALLYFAST it will somehow make me desire their company, despite the fact that I was walking through the hallway without so much as looking at the signs, clearly demonstrating my lack of effort. By all means, drag me into your fun! I must not be interested because I haven't yet had someone try to force me into reading and appreciating your witty scrap of paper. But here I am, actually discouraging your behavior.

Oh, I am so very cruel. Expressing my own opinion.

Mean! Mean! MEAN!

Stop trying to villainize everyone who doesn't agree with you and shows their dissaproval twards your intrusive method of having fun.
Sorry... I wasnt trying to be rude..

FoxPhyre
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Your group was so cool *_*;. I was like "hell yes, I get to take a picture with the mortal combat guy!"...not that I showed it. I was pretty laid back and non-excitable at the con this year o_o;. But yeah, that was a highlight of the day :D.
awwww... i didnt think we were that cool.. i was more excited to be taking my picture with a beauty like you.. ;P that is until the staffers started yelling at us for being in the middle of the flow of traffic!!!! then i was just irritated... haha thanks for the picture anyway.. if ya want a copy of it let me know and ill be sure to get one to ya when my friend gives me the picture CD!

Space Invader
06-11-2004, 10:17 PM
>that is until the staffers started yelling at us for being in the middle of the flow of traffic!!!! then i was just irritated...

Haha, I had the same problem! I would go up the escalators in the Adam's Mark near the bridge, and some security guy kept yelling at me because I was wearing a costume that made people want to take my picture ;_;. He did it like 10 times! He STILL kept yelling at me, even when I was backed against the wall. Listen, D00D, it's not my fault if the people taking my picture stand in the middle of the hallway! I wanted to tell him off so bad, but I knew I would get kicked out of the con if I did it. Rararararar. *gives the random security gorilla the finger*

I was not fond of the sign hallway. Like Gren said, I want to walk back and forth from the hotel and convention center in peace, not with 10 (or more) people shoving their grimy little illegible signs in my face. If you want to talk to me, fine! I'm a nice person, I don't bite! Standing there and waving a sign that says "grope me", "give me food / money", or "free hugs / glomps / kisses" doesn't cut it. You get no respect from me.

kleykulele
06-12-2004, 01:00 AM
awwww... i didnt think we were that cool.. i was more excited to be taking my picture with a beauty like you.. ;P that is until the staffers started yelling at us for being in the middle of the flow of traffic!!!! then i was just irritated... haha thanks for the picture anyway.. if ya want a copy of it let me know and ill be sure to get one to ya when my friend gives me the picture CD!

OMG I know @_@;;. I never know what to do when they yell at me, and they yelled at me alot because alot of people were taking my picture. I usually end up just smiling and nodding and then going back to doing what I was doing once they leave.

At NDK they told me that my wings to one of my costumes were a health hazard and I had to either take them off or pull them in while walking around -_-;. Yeah, they were big, but I was careful...I only poked a few people >.>;.

And thanks for the compliment :P. That would be awesome to get a copy of the picture...but I must warn you, it might turn out not so good...sometimes I'm not so photogenic X_x;.

Gren
06-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Actually, one thing I have found is that I can rule over photographers like my little pawns mwah hah hah!
Cosplayers are really nervous about not just stopping where you are and letting people take pictures, but I've found photographers very willing if you want to move to a less croweded area, or if you want to direct them to stand paralell to the flow of traffic, so that people can still fit through on either side. Don't be afraid to direct photographers to keep them out of the way of the crowd. But thaaat's off topic.

Yusuke Urameshi
06-12-2004, 03:32 AM
*holds sign up* HUG ME!

Yusuke Urameshi
06-12-2004, 06:22 AM
random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble, random babble ,random babble, random babble, random babble hehehehe *edit button* (sorry last one, couldnt help myself)

ZiggyB
06-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Yusuke Urameshi: Do not post random babble in this thread. Stay on topic or the thread will be closed down.

keyoume
06-13-2004, 04:45 AM
Dont close it down mister! I made a big thread I did........... ;____;... im very proud...of what... I have acheved!...^__^; even thooo... I cant even spell acheved..

ZiggyB
06-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Well as you guys have decided not to take me seriously, this thread is closed for going off topic and turning into random babble.