PDA

View Full Version : ugh... unknown artist... heeeeelp please?

Lilli
11-27-2002, 02:26 AM
Hi hiiii! A while ago, (back when Win MX still worked *gasp*) I'd been downloading many many songs! One of which I downloaded was labeled as being a Dir en Grey song. I gave it a listen, wasn't overly impressed, and put it out of my mind.

Alone it sat on my hard drive, unloved, because Lilli was unaware of the sheer, addictive coolness of this song. So one day I was humming, I couldn't get this tune out of my head, and I stumbled across THE song in my archives, and realized, "OMG, this song is freakin awesome!"

._. After listening to it a few (hundred XD) times on loop, I realized that while it has the feel of a Dir en Grey song, and the vocalist's voice is similar to Kyo's, it's... not quite Kyo. Who is this mystery band that sounds so much to my ears like Dir en Grey? I asked a few friends, two of which whom I consider to know borderline obscene amounts of information about JRock, and they agree, it's not Dir en Grey, but they don't know who it is.

^^; I've done searches through song lyrics of some bands who have similar sounds, I've tried to do fuzzy romanji searches on the pathetic few words I can make out, all to no avail. And I really want to find out which band this is, so I can hear more of their work, and confirm my love for them in my mind ^-~ So I turn to you: The happy fun sparkly super shiny JRock/JPop/whoever is listening-type people on cosplay.com for help!

Edit: Yaaaaaaay! The question has been answered! Thaaaaankyou Mifyuu!! :skidude2: (Muahahahaaa, you rock muchly!)

psythe
11-27-2002, 07:32 AM
That song is kick @$$ ^^v

But, your friends are right it isn't Dir En Grey.
And I'm not sure who it is..errr, The Boredoms perhaps??

Lilli
12-02-2002, 01:20 PM
^^; Heheheee, I dunno. Anyone else? -Someone- somewhere has to know, LOL!! Ooooooooooh the humanity *falls over*

Integral
12-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Well.. I can tell you that it's DEFINITELY not Dir en Grey. It sounds more like Siam Shade to me.. but it's not Siam Shade, either. >..< I've never heard the song before, but the artist sounds familiar. I think that you probably won't find any of the lyrics on lyric pages.. as most people have lyrics of the more mainstream stuff. I'm going to work on this for a little while and poke around. Maybe I'll be able to get an answer back to you soon >..<

Lilli
12-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Yaaaaay yaaaaay :3 Thanks, hehe. Yes yes, I know it's not Dir en Grey, I just dunno whoooo it is. Only time shall tell ._. *dun duuun duuuuuuuun*

Integral
12-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Well, even though I haven't heard the song before, it's bugging me b/c so many parts.. guitar/vocals/style sound so familiar. It's killing me b/c I should probably know who this is.. lol

Squall-chan
12-03-2002, 12:22 AM
That song is awesome...urg...it's gonna bother me that I don't know who it is...I should know...but I don't...hopefully someone who does know will show up.

mifyuu
12-03-2002, 06:16 AM
aa~ the song is 'ashita no machi' by drug store cowboy!
do i get a prize? haha

psythe
12-03-2002, 07:06 AM
*rings bell*

*hands lifetime supply of Pocky to mifyuu*

I was beginning to wonder if we would ever figure this out. :D

soshi
12-03-2002, 02:23 PM
woo!

hey, that IS a good song.. I think I'll look into purchasing a cd of theirs. ^_~ about time, ne, I think they're on or in just about all of my magazines. *lol*

any suggestions?

Lilli
12-03-2002, 04:57 PM
*-* Yay yay! You win... uhhhmmm... *looks around* A squeak? Yes! A squeak! *squeeeaaaaaaaks!* hehee

omg, thankyou so much *-*

I never would have guessed, hehe ._.\/

Lilli
12-03-2002, 04:59 PM
^^; Ohya. As for how they could be confused with Dir en Grey, hehe, like I said, that's what it was labeled when I downloaded it ^^;; And I didn't know who it was, so that's all I could reference it as, LOL. "It says they're Dir en Grey, but I really don't think it is." etc ^^;
*runs away and embarks on search for a cd or two by Drug Store Cowboy*