PDA

View Full Version : Fake nails?

Claire
06-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum - maybe accessories?

For all us mere humans who can't will their nails to grow overnight, does anyone know of a good brand of press-on nails? I'm looking for some long-ish ones that will most likely be used in some sort of j-rock evill-ness. I know press-on nails have a history of not staying on - maybe some sort of glue? I really don't have a clue. Help?

mikazuki
06-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Blah... press-on nails. If you use press-ons make sure you use a better quality glue then what the stickers usually provides with them.

shaoshao
06-11-2004, 01:07 AM
could always get acrylics too, they last a while, but look the best (so i think) and have the least chance of falling off

KittyCanuck
06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Blah... press-on nails. If you use press-ons make sure you use a better quality glue then what the stickers usually provides with them.

Sticker? I've never heard of nails that attach with a poor-quality sticker! The only ones I've ever seen come with a tiny tube of glue, that is essentially super-glue.
You can find nails like this at any Wal-Mart or almost any drugstore. They stay on for a week or so, depending on how much rough activity you do with your hands. If you're just walking around a con for a weekend, they should be fine. In Canada they usually cost from $8-$20, depending on the style, brand and design (ie fake nails with airbrushed designs cost more than "french manicure" nails).

The only brands I can think of off-hand are Nailene, Fing'rs, and Sally Hansen.

Curtis
06-11-2004, 08:56 AM
being a guy and all the one i used for my crossplay where Nailene but they don't stay on that much, But acrylics nails stay on for a long time but from what i hurd they are a pain getting off so it you choice on if you like to do it have fun ^_^ and hope my advise help out

Claire
06-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I've had acrylics several times before - but I'm looking for something temporary that I can use for a few hours for one costume, and that I won't have to worry about snapping off at the slightest movement. =/ Thanks, though.

Tsubomi-chan
06-11-2004, 10:47 AM
I've had acrylics several times before - but I'm looking for something temporary that I can use for a few hours for one costume, and that I won't have to worry about snapping off at the slightest movement. =/ Thanks, though.

I've used those press on nails with the cheepy stickers, and they've worked great for me for about 2 days or so. You need to rough up your nails with the rough part of a buffing file before you put them on or else they pop right off. Once you do, they're pretty hard to get off. I had to take them off for after-prom bowling and they were a little evil. You have to soak your fingers in hot water for a while before even tryng...
The brand I've used is California Girl. They have a bunch of different size nails in the little pack, but all the designs other that French tips are uber-girly.

megumibish
06-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I've seen some press on nails that actually have a clear gel like adheasive already on them, not the sticker kind. And the few I played with they had a death grip for being only adheasive press ons. I think walgreens carried them as well as walmart.

Just make sure to clean your nail with either alcohol or soap to remove the natural oils before using them.