PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Yaoi Panel

Yandee16
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Hello all,

This is the guy who ran the unofficial yaoi panel Saturday night out by the pool. I also cosplayed as Itachi Saturday day for those keeping track. My friend and I(the other guy helping me run the yaoi panel) were wondering if folks who were there are lurking at the forums. If you are and got a picture from the panel please post it here. Both our gf's want pictures of us that night -.-;;

nilbus
06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Everyone's posted their photos in the Photos??? forum. Take a look at all the different galleries people have posted

Finding Beauty
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Hello all,

This is the guy who ran the unofficial yaoi panel Saturday night out by the pool. I also cosplayed as Itachi Saturday day for those keeping track. My friend and I(the other guy helping me run the yaoi panel) were wondering if folks who were there are lurking at the forums. If you are and got a picture from the panel please post it here. Both our gf's want pictures of us that night -.-;;

I was at the panel for about ... five minutes. My friends and I got a little weirded out by the discussion of Dragonball Z yaoi and left.

EnigmaticAngst
06-11-2004, 02:16 PM
I was at the panel for about ... five minutes. My friends and I got a little weirded out by the discussion of Dragonball Z yaoi and left.

That, and there were bugs. ::twitch.::

Grav
06-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I went for most of it until one of my room mates was having a bit of an emotional breakdown. It was a lot of fun though Katie was tugging a little hard on that leash she put on me. I was the short kamui.

I don't have any photos but you should find some in the photos thread if not I'm sure they'll come around.

Are you doing an official panel next year? If not do you think they would allow one?

Yandee16
06-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Hehe, I do remember you Grav! I do believe there will be an official one next year, but I won't be running it this time around. I'm hopefully studying abroad so I'm trying to avoid booking myself for responsibilities in the US while I'm away.

Grav
06-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Good luck with your year abroad then!

^_^ It's surprising when people remember me since I don't do complex costumes.
That and I'm a rather short guy.

I hope you find some photos.

Lovelyangel_81
06-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Hello all,

Hi-Hi!

This is Erika *Maggie's friend*

I took some pictures at the Yaoi Panel ,but I haven't gotten the pictures develop yet. ^^;; I do believe there's a girl who was at the panel and took pictures. She also post them on her livejournal. I will PM you the link. :)

IXArachneXI
06-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I went for most of it until one of my room mates was having a bit of an emotional breakdown. It was a lot of fun though Katie was tugging a little hard on that leash she put on me. I was the short kamui.

I don't have any photos but you should find some in the photos thread if not I'm sure they'll come around.

Are you doing an official panel next year? If not do you think they would allow one?

Actually I have sent a e-mail to Animazement about running a yaoi panel and a shonen ai panel. I talked to some of the staff at the convention about it and they seemed all for it. I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy who actually sets the panels up.

Grav
06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Actually I have sent a e-mail to Animazement about running a yaoi panel and a shonen ai panel. I talked to some of the staff at the convention about it and they seemed all for it. I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy who actually sets the panels up.

That sounds great. I'll be certain to attend. If you need any help with the panel I'd be glad to offer a hand.

IXArachneXI
06-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Grav. Actually I was wanting to run an idea by yall. Should we do two panels? A yaoi panel at night, sorta of a 18 and up thing so we can not have to watch what we say, and then a shonen ai panel during the day, more of an all ages thing? Or just one panel and hope no one complains?

Either way, I want to keep the yaoi panel at night- it was too much fun.

EnigmaticAngst
06-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Thanks Grav. Actually I was wanting to run an idea by yall. Should we do two panels? A yaoi panel at night, sorta of a 18 and up thing so we can not have to watch what we say, and then a shonen ai panel during the day, more of an all ages thing? Or just one panel and hope no one complains?

Either way, I want to keep the yaoi panel at night- it was too much fun.

If you're organizing a yaoi panel for next year, let me know ... because I'd love to help with organizing and contributing to it.

Yandee16
06-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Rock on! Thank you Erica for the link! Hehe, Lesya was very happy to see the picture ^_^

Tri23
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Hello all,

This is the guy who ran the unofficial yaoi panel Saturday night out by the pool. If you are and got a picture from the panel please post it here. Both our gf's want pictures of us that night -.-;;

This is the guy running around the place with the camera.. sorry dude.. I didn't get any pictures, I did however get some video. **grin** I especially loved the part when you proclaimed the Yaoii voter's initiative to get Bush out.

Tri23's Makeshift PhotoHut, Animazement 2004
http://www.Tri23.dyndns.org/

I'll try to cap some vid clips for ya and put them on the site by the end of the week.

Lovelyangel_81
06-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Rock on! Thank you Erica for the link! Hehe, Lesya was very happy to see the picture ^_^
Your Welcome! :angel:

Grav
06-15-2004, 08:48 PM
I think it would be hard to pull two panels. Perhaps a longer panel, the first half dedicated to shonen ai and then you announce you will be moving onto yaoi and anyone who does not wish to attened can leave of their own accord. It would be rather difficult to determine who's old enough and then they really can't complain since we warned them.Though that's just a possible idea.

It really could be fun considering with it being indoors there could be photoshoot without the poor lighting.

abilean
06-15-2004, 11:22 PM
For doing the 18+ panel it could be done with just checking ids at the door. they did it for a hentai panel at nekocon last year. it ran at 12 at night and they just checked ids... and there weren't any problems.

IXArachneXI
06-16-2004, 10:51 AM
That's not a bad idea. Once someone from Animazement e-mails me back (I'm still waiting) I'll see what they think. Personally I don't care what peoples' ages are, I just know some people at the panel were wondering what we're allowed to say.