PDA

View Full Version : finishing touches for Naruto cosplay

DemonSquirrel
06-11-2004, 08:37 PM
hey all. i'm on the finishing touches of my Uzumaki Naruto cosplay, and decided i could use some opinions. the pictures i have here are not the full costume, the hair and the prop scroll are the focus of this post. so yea, first of all, what do you think of my scroll? does it look good as is, should anything be added. i'm trying to keep it simple but classy, and it's not suppose to look exactly like the reference.
also, i just bleached my hair, and today i tried to do the naruto hair, only using hair wax and hairspray, hoping to give it a less gelled look. but in result it looked like a baddly styled wig, frizzy and the hair didn't stand well. i've had better results with gelled hair, so i might just stick with that. my question is, do you think the hair is too long? should i keep it, or get it trimmed?

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/pose.jpg
http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/shinobi.jpg
http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/henge.jpg
EDIT: here's one more picture of my hair, using only hairspray and water. good or bad? (http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/hair3.jpg)

reference pictures: one for the scroll (http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/scroll.jpg), one for the hair. (http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/AimForMyHead666/onlinepictures/naruto.jpg)

Wakusei
06-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Beautiful. It's nearly perfect(I'd say perfect, but am in fear of being reamed if someone finds a fault.) I'd love to see the finished jacket when you're done.

Lilmrhalfazn
06-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Both are REALLY good,

Sasuke(me): Stupid Naruto, with his hair and scroll, well my Chidori can still whoop his Rasengan's ass

Are you coming to Otakon?

DemonSquirrel
06-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Beautiful. It's nearly perfect(I'd say perfect, but am in fear of being reamed if someone finds a fault.) I'd love to see the finished jacket when you're done.

thanks ^^
accually, i don't have a jacket for this costume ^^; i didn't have the money to buy the official one, and i lack the sewing skills to make my own [i wish i could though]. i decided to make the costume with the skills and sources i do have [ie: making a shirt with a swirl on it using my school's graphic arts equipment]. hopefully when my costume premieres people won't stone me for not having the jacket, hehe.

DemonSquirrel
06-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Both are REALLY good,

Sasuke(me): Stupid Naruto, with his hair and scroll, well my Chidori can still whoop his Rasengan's ass

Are you coming to Otakon?

thanks.
i'm not going to otakon this year, but me and my friend both wanna try go maybe next year.

KuroBara
06-14-2004, 12:26 AM
I like the hair in the first picture better than the hairspray and water one. It looks very accurate, good job! (It does look like a wig, but that may be a combination of the style and unnatural blondness of it)

Hinata
06-14-2004, 12:56 AM
I don't think it looks too much like a wig, and I like it better without hairspray and water. Awesome job!! Sooo many people can't get his hair right!! they always gel the crap out of it. >_<

alostblackcat
06-16-2004, 04:58 PM
you're hair is so perfect for naruto

it's alot better without the hairspray and water

^_^U

you look so awesome with the poses!!

DemonSquirrel
06-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Sooo many people can't get his hair right!! they always gel the crap out of it. >_<

that was one of my goals with this cosplay, i was like ahh i <3 naurto hair, must make it look decent XD hehe

Mako-san
06-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Wow what a wonderful job!! I love your hair!! and the scroll is faboulous!! The first pics of your hair is great!! I would recommend doing that.
Can I ask how you made your scroll?

Ina
06-18-2004, 10:23 PM
o wow, the scroll is very neat and spiffy! it really looks professional coz its so... clean cut and very nicely put together. the hair is reaalllly awesome too =) looks a lot like the character xD

alostblackcat
06-19-2004, 04:54 PM
o0o

if you're REALLY lazy and jsut wanna do a shirt

but the iron on paper

print out the swirl thing

cut it out and iron on a shirt

=^~^=

Shanks
06-23-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks ^^
accually, i don't have a jacket for this costume ^^; i didn't have the money to buy the official one, and i lack the sewing skills to make my own [i wish i could though]. i decided to make the costume with the skills and sources i do have [ie: making a shirt with a swirl on it using my school's graphic arts equipment]. hopefully when my costume premieres people won't stone me for not having the jacket, hehe.

Dont say that!
I myself have never used a sewing machine, but ive successfully made some garments! Im gonna be making a type of hooded shirt thing soon for my anbu cosplay and i'll be making a Chuunin/Jounin Vest pretty soon too. Just look at countless pictures, make a pattern, some sketches and FORCE someone to help ya! You make the perfect Naruto, round-eye :P!

On an edit, How'd you make that scroll? >.>

allyunion
06-24-2004, 01:30 AM
The hair is to die for. It's just perfect. In fact, draw the lines on your face wear the headband, and you're Naruto out of his normal costume.

Good job! I hope I can make my Naruto look like that.

Kit Foxfire
06-25-2004, 01:06 PM
I think the first hair looks great! ^^b and that scroll is pretty awesome too.

Savior Arucard
07-17-2004, 12:28 AM
The scroll is awesome dude.

XenoAssassin1
07-20-2004, 04:42 PM
The scroll looks bad @$$ how long did it take you to make it???? Nice hair by the way

vash112
07-24-2004, 03:46 AM
The scroll is just sweet keep up the good work

DemonSquirrel
12-19-2004, 01:06 AM
i know this post is old as hell, but i forgot to check this thread after the convention, and missed everyone's wonderful comments. you probably don't care anymore, as this thread was form the summer, but i feel rude not replying.

for those who asked, the scroll is made out of PVC piping wrapped in a few layers of bubble wrap. i took pipe caps and painted them red, and stuck them on the ends of the pipe. since i knew i'd be proping the scroll on the cap ends alot i took clear nail polish and coated the paint so it wouldn't chip so quickly [only on the part that i knew would meet the floor, hate to waste nail polish XD]. then i took colored posterboard i bought at drug fair and cut and glued it over the bubble wrap. the white part is some promotional wallscroll calendar that i flipped over and glued over the scroll. finally, the symbol ["shinobi"] was painted in black paint. then i tied the rope around it.
it was a fairly cheap project, and took about a day to make.

i warn you though, because the only thing supporting the posterboard was bubble wrap, the scroll lost it's shape quickly, and was a beat up mess by the end of the convention. it served it's purpose, but u should see it now, lol.

with some new ideas, if i have the time i might make a scroll v2 that should hold up a bit better. i'll post it once it's finished.

diamondscan
12-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Hairspray and water= bad, but the waxed first version looks good. I would use wax or gell, or a combination of both. I'm so glad you're actually doing his hair with your own! ^_^

The scroll looks pretty good to me to. I haven't seen it in awhile, but from what I remember (without looking at your reference pic), it fits the bill. I don't think anyone at the con will be complaining about it. Just make sure it doesn't get bashed up!

I hope the rest of the costume goes well!

ZakuKitty
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
I love your hair. Nice job! ^__^

Amberle
12-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Its done really well!! o.o Its near perfect. (it is~ XD)