PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast

KaineMaxwell
11-27-2002, 10:21 PM
The Dreamcast I won in an online Survivor game finally came today! Came with 6 games- sub-par titles. keeping three of them and hoping to start to build a decent DC collection soon. :)

Cassandra
11-27-2002, 10:47 PM
ooooooooooooers....the Dreamcast is very nice :D I really like Shenmue. And Seaman was funny too. (It's kinda weird seeing your poop thrown at you ;) )

Michi
11-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Dreamcast makes me happyyyyyyy.

If only for KOF 98 and KOF 99. x_x; ...and Soul Calibur, and stuff. I need more games for it. *^^* I borrowed Grandia II from a friend once. Arr. Good stuff.

Studmaster
11-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Dreamcast is love. Total Love. I own around 50 Titles for the System, and plan to collect more.

Sami
11-27-2002, 11:35 PM
I was surprised when I went to Funcoland, they were selling them for around $70 or $80..

Curious, what popular games are on the DC that I would know of? I know it has online capabilities.. right? *not very knowledgable*

Garou
11-28-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
The Dreamcast I won in an online Survivor game finally came today! Came with 6 games- sub-par titles. keeping three of them and hoping to start to build a decent DC collection soon. :) Get the KOF Series, MOTW, CVS 1 and 2 and SF3 3S!!!

A gamers Must!!

ZiggyB
11-28-2002, 04:44 AM
The games I really liked on my Dreamcast are Soul Calibur (someone said that already), Crazy Taxi and Spaaaaaace Channel 5! :)

Pool Cue Ronin
11-28-2002, 07:10 AM
*cough* Arcade perfect GGX*cough*

psythe
11-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Dreamcast + GGX = a happy psyth3 :D

Oshi
11-28-2002, 09:45 AM
If you're into RPGs, two you must get: Grandia II, and Skies of Arcadia ^^
And it's Sega... you GOTTA get a Sonic game. I reccommed Sonic Adventure 2.
Fighting games... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! You forgot about MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2!! ^^

Ahh, I will hang onto my DC for a while... it's like, kind of a collectors item now, being Sega's last console >.>;;

Sakura
11-28-2002, 10:02 AM
Skies of Arcadia and Space Channel 5 are my favorite Dreamcast games ^___^ They rock!

KaineMaxwell
11-28-2002, 10:19 AM
I'mn ot big into fighting games and I'm slowly getting used to the DC controller as it is.

Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 ar eon my list though...evne though I've got too many rpgs as it is with the PS2.

I still want to get Hydro thunder and Recor dof Lodoss war (rare game in the U.S. but found 4 copies at my local TRU).

Here's what games came with it:
Fur Fighters (keeping)
NBA Showtime (Like NBA Jam- keeping)
Striker Pro 2k (Not into sports games but keeping cause it's rare)
Sydney 2k (Selling probably)
WWF Royal Rumble (really selling)
The Ring (crappy RE clone)

Madmann
11-28-2002, 05:24 PM
If the made smaller controllers id like it seeing is that i only play with one hand.

Ranma Saotome
11-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Fighting games... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! You forgot about MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2!! ^^

MvC 2 doesn't count... That game was hella weak.

Pool Cue Ronin
11-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Oshi

It's good, but it's sooooooo broken.
AHVB anyone?

Studmaster
11-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Sami: Yes, the DC does have Online Capabilities, however you may want to check the Sega.net website to see if they're still supporting the network, since it'll be 2003 soon.

Ranma Saotome
11-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Sega is no longer supporting online gaming. They sold that to Earthlink. Best bet is that if you're on broadband, find yourself the broadband adapter and save yourself some cash.

Studmaster
11-29-2002, 06:06 PM
Yup, Ranma is right. I totally forgot that.

KaineMaxwell
11-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I got Hydro Thunder today.

nails
11-30-2002, 06:09 AM
Shenmue and Shenmue 2 will always be my favorite dreamcast games. I definately suggest adding them to your collection. Rack up on what games you can get, it will be harder to find them in the future. Also modding the DC is extreamly easy. (compared to the PS2) Even though you don't really have to (which I didn't know bcak then). You can just use a boot disk to break the region lock.

KaineMaxwell
11-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Pimping out my DC for emulators is something I plan to do once I get used to it.

JoeBoeing
11-30-2002, 03:04 PM
I love my 2 dreamcasts with a passion... than again I also love my SNES, Genesis and TG-16 a lot too.

Anyways, the best games for the dreamcast are:

1. Capcom vs. SNK 2 (a ton better than the PS2 version but it's an import more depth than any other fighter)
2. Skies of Arcadia
3. Last Blade

other must haves are:

KOF 99 (really KOF 98)
DoA2
Shenmue I and II
KOF 98
Sega Rally
Space Channel 5
GGX (Arcade perfect - Import)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves in the US)

These are what is in my collection.

Note: Avoid Street Fighter Alpha 3 ... controls are way to lose and sound is subpar. if you have a Saturn find the impoort... it's arcade perfect barring any load times.

FRom,
Joe

KaineMaxwell
12-01-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm getting Chu Chu Rocket with VMU tommorrow at my EBX for $7.99.

Ranma Saotome
12-01-2002, 12:57 PM
CCR is a kick ass game! :D Too bad the GBA one wasn't as good.

nails
12-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Someone tricked me into thinking that you could change the dub language on the domestic release of Berserk for DC. So I bought it, went straight to the options menu and to my suprise.. no such option.. I had just spent $60 on the game, so I figured I might as well play it for awile. Of course the game was great, right until you got to the cut scenes where everyone started talking.

I think I got past the first two levels, then I went out and bought the import version. MUUUUUCH better :D

Rey-Rey
12-01-2002, 02:05 PM
"Shenmue and Shenmue 2 will always be my favorite dreamcast games."

Excuse me. Do you know where sailors hang out?

Celine
12-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Nobody mentioned Typing of the Dead??? That's an amazing game. It teaches you typing *and* is House of the Dead 2. There is nothing as cool as typing correctly and watching zombies be blown to bits. Hehehe... I love it. ^_^

If you like mindless and addicting games, or have a high tolerance for stupid RPGs, I'd also recommend Time Stalkers and Evolution. Time Stalkers is particularly fantastic since it incorporates Pokemon-esque qualities and has a whole bunch of playable characters. Plus, it's really funny.

nails
12-01-2002, 04:32 PM
omg, I would so own at that game. I'm checking into it right now.. thanks Celine!

Ranma Saotome
12-02-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry but Evolution was horrible.

Celine
12-02-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
I'm sorry but Evolution was horrible.

Yes, it is definitely not for everyone. I thought it was mediocre, but Time Stalkers was good. Then again, I enjoy pointless games with randomly-generated dungeons. I find it addicting. ^_^;;

Samba de Amigo!! Play that, if you can find it!! It's SUPER!!! Jet Grind Radio is very different and interesting too. I love Dreamcast games...

Ranma Saotome
12-02-2002, 12:43 AM
Project Justice is my #1 fighting game, then there's Psychic Force 2020. I always wanted to play Time Stalkers tho...