PDA

View Full Version : Rabi-en-rose

Houki
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I finally got the pictures up of my finish rabi-en-rose. I am in the working of changing the wig color but tell me what you think of the costume. Any advice or comment is welcome.

I worked really hard on this costume, this is my pride and joy.

Lystrade
06-14-2004, 01:37 PM
I love your ears.. Not many people get the big ears right! Good job! XD

Houki
06-14-2004, 02:24 PM
Thank you, I worked so hard on those things. It just kept bugging me that everyone who did HER didn't get her ears right and I was not going to make that mistake with my costume. :untrust:

Senko-chan
06-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Yes, it came out very well! i love the ears and I love the socks with the ribbons, I love it! good job! ^_^

chubbybunny
06-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Very cute! Just a few things:

The apron- you might wanna do a tiny little stich at the corners so it doesn't flop over when you're walking around like in that last pic- it did just a tiny bit ;)

And hair: Are you gonna get a pink wig? :heart:

livvylove
06-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Looks pretty good, probably the only thing I would change is getting thicker ribbons for the wrist.

Houki
06-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Yes, I am getting a pink wig soon, also I have been having trouble with the waist Bands but I think I am getting closer to a good fit. Still working on it though.

Any suggestions would help??
:thumbsup:

Mew_Pudding
06-14-2004, 08:22 PM
I LOVE the ears! *_* Mega-kawaii! I think your costume came out extremely well overall, since you said that you were trying to change the wig color I won`t nag about that but, I second the thicker wrist ribbons, Great Job! Thats a really great costume!

Hime no Toki
06-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow, you nailed that costume! o.o The ears are terrific, you have them the right size, shape, and they are very perky too (most Rabi-en-Rose cosplayers can't seem to get that aspect right, as the ears can be rather awkward). Loving the dice, and your choice of fabric for this costume. I myself tend to shy away from shiny fabrics for costumes unless it's called for, I noticed a lot of people who cosplay her use satin and the like and it's not really what I like to see in a Rabi-en-Rose cosplayer (or almost any costume, for that matter...). Very clean, crisp appearance overall with the costume. I can't really see anything bad about it. The hair might need a bit improvement, but it's difficult to style a wig like that, so it's understandable.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sammie_San
06-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Woot ^^ Its AWSOME! You really did a nice job on it! Your ears are so big 0.0 and fluffly how did you get them to stay on your head so well! and Your dice O.O so kewl ^^ I reall ylike your socks too. Anyway the only thing that I noticed that I was going to be picky about was the bow arround your neck It looks really nice only I wouldn't have made it with fabric to me it wouldn't give the rabi~en~Rose like effect I think using ribbion or some sort of shiney sturdy fabric would have looked better .. .buuuuuttttttt thats just Me ^^ I really like it though! one of the best I have seen!

Houki
06-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Thank you all for your comments and advice. I love to hear from some more people if there is anything else I need to work on.

I will be wearing if again for OTAKON 2004 if anyone wants a picture of me??

Houki_sama

peachrin
06-19-2004, 06:06 PM
You're going to wear the costume for Otakon this year?! =D=D=D=D Yay! Will you be wearing it Friday? That's the day of the photoshoot for Digi Charat, I'll be wearing the same thing ^.^ Only I'd be sort of a chibi you since I'm short v.v

Scrapped Neko
06-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Generally, I have a problem with Rabi~En~Rose cosplayers, because nearly all of them get at least one aspect of her look wrong. [She doesn't have bright purple hair, people! Deal with it! *has seen one too many Rabi~En~Rose cosplayers wearing neon purple wigs*]
But your Rabi~En~Rose is really accurate! The ears, shoes, and dice are three major details that a lot of people mess up. However, you did a great job on all three. I love the bigness of the ears, and your shoes are perfect. I can't tell what color your wig is in the pictures, is it deep burgundy? (I know you already said you're changing the color so I'm not critiquing that, I'm just curious)
I salute you! You've got the best Rabi~En~Rose costume I've ever seen. Great work!

Houki
06-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Generally, I have a problem with Rabi~En~Rose cosplayers, because nearly all of them get at least one aspect of her look wrong. [She doesn't have bright purple hair, people! Deal with it! *has seen one too many Rabi~En~Rose cosplayers wearing neon purple wigs*]
But your Rabi~En~Rose is really accurate! The ears, shoes, and dice are three major details that a lot of people mess up. However, you did a great job on all three. I love the bigness of the ears, and your shoes are perfect. I can't tell what color your wig is in the pictures, is it deep burgundy? (I know you already said you're changing the color so I'm not critiquing that, I'm just curious)
I salute you! You've got the best Rabi~En~Rose costume I've ever seen. Great work!

Thank you, that was my motivation, I notice the character and it really bug me that no one did her really good so I was determine to do my best. I have been fixing it for about 3 years now and all i have to fix is the wig, ribbon for the wist and neck. I will be at Otakon this year also, wearing it on Friday so I hope to get to that photoshoot as well.

musica heart
06-20-2004, 09:57 PM
YEAH! the ears are a big plus, usually the cosplayers I have seen look like they have paper for ears. You on the other hand have the ears big an le floppy wich is just great,
good clean sewing..grand just grand.

Houki
06-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Has anyone hear of glue that is made for your skin. I like to get some for my wists for this costume.

Any comments??

Houki~pyo

_Mandy_
06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Your costume is so cute ^^ I wanna steal it XD I really love how you did the ears and they aren't "wilting" like I've seen a lot of them do. What did you use on the waist peice thing...it doesn't look wrinkled at all. Very stiff actually. Great job altogether.

dchan
06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Has anyone hear of glue that is made for your skin. I like to get some for my wists for this costume.

Any comments??

Houki~pyo

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome job! ^_^

I second the thicker wrist ribbons, as well as tacking the edges of the apron.

Are you referring to spirit gum? It'll probably stain the fabric :x

Houki
07-01-2004, 07:57 AM
Well something because the waist are thick but they kept moving around the whole time and I might want to fix that soon before Otakon!