PDA

View Full Version : Black? ...or Grey??

Jibrille
06-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Alright... under some protest i was the one elected to make this post. ^^
Lady Somairot, myself and some people in my group have pondered this question since soon before Otakon.

anyway, a trend has been noticed and we are curious:
Why are 90% of the Lulu costumes made Black instead of Grey?
In the pictures its grey, in the game it looks very grey. but most costumes are black.
is it a 'black mage' thing? are there pictures of her in black that we missed? or something else? or do you think it just looks cooler? what?

its just a question, not an insult of any kind. just curious cause we are weird and have wondered. ^^ lol

Lady Somairot
06-13-2002, 11:54 PM
it was actually before katsucon, but hey.. ^_^

my guess is that it's cause she's a black mage, therefore should be wearing black? ?? ? i dunno, really. someone answer our silly question so we stop feeling silly!! ^_^ arigato gozaimasu!

Ayaka
06-14-2002, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna go with, she has kind of a goth-bondage looking outfit, and most of those people would prefer a costume in black? (My friend would anyway, lol.) More varieties of fabric come in black than gray? I just ran and got my Coke figure - the bodice is black and the rest is gray on that. So who knows. OO Well hopefully someone does, now it's gonna bug me! I hadn't noticed it before.

Babbit_Chan
06-14-2002, 11:11 AM
That's just like the thing with what Omi Tsukinoyo wears - everyone makes black costumes, when in reality he wears blue but it's sort of an optional thing I guess <<;;

kelldar
06-14-2002, 01:15 PM
I wondered that myself when I made it ><; Maybe because good Lulu-skirt material is easier found in black than grey? I ended up going with suede because I couldn't find a good grey vinyl/leather type material. (I'd still love to find some and remake my skirt and sleeves if anyone knows of any... XD)

Ayaka
06-14-2002, 07:06 PM
I know a place that sells awesome leatherette, believe they had gray. But . . . uh . . . it's $55 a yard. That price tag floored me. The lady who I asked about it, I said, "how much is the vinyl?" she says, "we don't HAVE vinyl." The lady next to her says, "Oh! The leatherette!". I still think it's VINYL, they didn't have to go all elitist on me randomly . . . but anyway if you're interested I'll be there in the next few days when they finish fixing my sewing machine. It's got some stretch, and SUPER SUPER nice.

HuongStar
06-18-2002, 08:09 AM
It's hard because there are so many inconsistencies between the CG artwork, ingame pictures, and merchandise. The Kotobukiya figure has Lulu in black; the CG Nomura art has her in medium charcoal; the regular Nomura has her in regular grey; and ingame shots have her in almost black.

Kellilia is right in her assumption because grey anything (that isn't shiny uphlostery vinyl) is hard to find. I think I saw the same grey suede you were talking about and I almost used the same thing for my Lulu. The fabric is absolutely gorgeous!