PDA

View Full Version : advice for Harry Potter cosplay...

Fire Fae
06-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Well, first of all..I would have posted in the other Harry Potter thread, but I didn't want to hijack the topic.

Okay, so, here's my problem. I'm planning on cosplaying as a Ravenclaw student for Connecticon in July, however....well, the con is in July. Which means temps in the 80's or higher, and the many layers of the Hogwarts uniform (the movie style) won't exactly go along very well with temps that high. I do remember reading about summer robes in the books, and so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or links to information about Hogwarts uniforms for the heat.

Sweet~Pea
06-15-2004, 09:08 AM
There is a vest, instead of a sweater, that would keep you cooler. http://www.wizardknits.com/schoolsweater.html
You could also wear a short sleeve shirt instead of the usual long sleeve. I seen this done before and it's still accurate looking and more functional in the heat.

Cheers
-Christa

Fire Fae
06-15-2004, 09:29 AM
There is a vest, instead of a sweater, that would keep you cooler. http://www.wizardknits.com/schoolsweater.html
You could also wear a short sleeve shirt instead of the usual long sleeve. I seen this done before and it's still accurate looking and more functional in the heat.

Cheers
-Christa
ooo, I like those vest. Thanks! ^.^ I hadn't seen those before and that'll help stay cool. The shirt and sweater were the two peices that worried me the most; the skirt will be fine and I'm making the robes from light fabric. ^.^ Thanks again.

Sweet~Pea
06-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Always happy to help :japan:

Cheers
-Christa

Zelyre
06-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Always happy to help :japan:

Cheers
-Christa

If you want to go POA style... they have very lax uniform rules...

Don't have to wear robes at all times, sweater can come off, you can look slovenly...

yuffieleonheart
06-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Well, first of all..I would have posted in the other Harry Potter thread, but I didn't want to hijack the topic.

Okay, so, here's my problem. I'm planning on cosplaying as a Ravenclaw student for Connecticon in July, however....well, the con is in July. Which means temps in the 80's or higher, and the many layers of the Hogwarts uniform (the movie style) won't exactly go along very well with temps that high. I do remember reading about summer robes in the books, and so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or links to information about Hogwarts uniforms for the heat.

=3 well if it's a con.. chances are you'll be inside all the time XD with the wonderful AC. A few weeks ago I went as a ravenclaw student to City Walk orlando.. where yes where it was past 90 degrees @____@ but it's tolerable really.

Lucifer
06-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I would highly recommend the sweater vest. That is what I use for my Slytherin robes, and you have no idea how much more comfortable it is without a full vest.

*Shiva*
06-21-2004, 08:06 PM
If I were you, I'd just nix the sweater entirely if things get too hot - its not always visable under robes anyway.

CinsAngel
06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
I made my Robe out of Polished cotton. it breathes GREAT and looks really high quality..and best of all..cheap!

Cins

dustbunny
06-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Yeah my friends and i were really happy with the new uniforms of POA. So you don't have to where stocking or shoes and the vest or sweater. ^-^