PDA

View Full Version : why no AWA?????

sarabug
06-15-2004, 10:07 AM
i know it's a small con but Anime Weekend Atlanta has quite a following, i'd really like to see a forum for it on the boards, i was totally surprised that it's not already there. there aren't a lot of cons in the southeast, but there are a lot of fans that would like somewhere to discuss our plans for AWA. thanks for your consideration.

AWA Website (http://www.awa-con.com/)

Kerret
06-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'm going this year!! Is there anyone else going? Glad you mentioned it, sarabug!!

Love,
Kerret

Skullez
06-15-2004, 03:17 PM
mee im goin again ! 3rd year in a row. 2nd year as a artist alley person ! =^.^= !
I love this con alout! I never been to any other anime con except this one. Personaly I htink its pretty big, but if ppl say tis small i wana know what other cons are comapred to it really.
Now Dragon con..thats just huge...

But im goin =^.^= !!

Kerret
06-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm going as Freya from Chobits!! Look for me!!

livvylove
06-15-2004, 04:51 PM
???? This post is suggesting that AWA get its own area on the forum like some of the other cons and it gets moved here? thats very odd.

scandia
06-15-2004, 06:08 PM
I have asked about AWA having its own forum before. It is one of the largest cons in Dixie. Hey, AFO, which is smaller, had its own forum long ago. And AZ has its own as well. I think AWA deserves it big time.

I'll be attending AWA this fall- it will be my 4th year. I plan on enjoying it very much, since it may be the last time for many years that I will get to attend it. Developing my career is more important. So even though AWA is my fave con, it will have to wait.

sarabug
06-16-2004, 01:16 PM
ya know, when i posted this, i kind of expected a response from the site people, since it was originally in the site suggestion place, moving it is just sort of a slap in the face, at least tell us why, if you're not going to do it, instead of just shoving it out of the way.......

livvylove
06-16-2004, 05:05 PM
normally when they move a post they at least say why. But this post was in the right forum and was moved to the wrong one. Maybe if we keep it towards the top then we will get a reply about it.

Chibi Julia
06-16-2004, 10:39 PM
I'll be going to AWA again this yr. It'll be my third year. I too was surprised they didnt have a forum for AWA. It would make things a lil bit earier for those who want to talk about AWA

sarabug
06-17-2004, 09:15 AM
yeah, i mean, seeing as how dragoncon hardly focuses on anime at all and it has a forum, it seems like the ALL-ANIME con in atlanta should have one too!

livvylove
06-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Its like georgia gets overlooked. AWA is the only con im planning on going to and its suppose to be the largest anime convention in the south.

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah it really sucks that there aren't more cons in Georgia. I just got back from the A-kon, it was awesome but expensive . :waaaah: But if anyone feels the need to cosplay before the AWA me and some other people have already planned a cosplay picnic in Atlanta July 10th :jjacks:

livvylove
06-17-2004, 03:05 PM
If it was before the 10th than I could go but thats around the time I start classes back up for the summer. I really wish they had more stuff around Augusta or even columbia SC because I just hate driving to Atl. Its such a hassel.

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I know what you mean. Cosplay is practically unheard of in Augusta :bigcry: . But, if this picnic goes well we were going to plan another one some time in August before all the cons keep us too busy. :bigtu:

livvylove
06-17-2004, 07:49 PM
That would be awesome. I just need to get started on my first costumes. Now I have time to try to learn to sew a little better. Im hoping on by first friday ill have my first set of wings made.

nebbie
06-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Aww, the picnic is during Metrocon! ;-;

Eurobeat King
06-17-2004, 11:21 PM
There already is a thread here in the "others" section about AnimeWeekendAtlanta that was made back in May:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34459&page=1

Since we don't need 2 threads about the same con, I'm going to close this one. Please post any further replies about AWA there. If you wish for the Admin for possibly make a thread about AWA in the main section of the forums, go ahead and send him a PM to request it.