PDA

View Full Version : Naruto sandal assembly??

red-Otaku
06-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Ok, so I am starting work on my last item for my shino cosplay, got the jacket 95% done, and i have all the pieces for the sandals, but I hit a problem. How do I make the boot part of the sandal?? I have wetsuit material so I will get a soft snug fit on the sandals, and I am going to use 2 cheap pairs of sandals and double up on the soles. Just how to actually cut the boot part is confusing me. I found a pattern on here from awhile ago, but the parts are really confusing as to how to put them together (and not so well explained) and the measurements are off for my size. Any suggestions would help. thanks!

alostblackcat
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
i'm a bit lost

what do you mean by the boot part

^_^U

red-Otaku
06-16-2004, 06:07 PM
the top part that attaches to the sole. Cuz they are more like boots without a toe than they are sandals :)

Miki-san
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
at animecon 2004 i saw a guy who was cosplaying kakashi and he was wearing boots that he just cut of the tips so that they looked like sandals. They looked quite allright to some other attempts that i have seen.

Shanks
06-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Hm. Im use to making things like this.. Could you get me some pictures and maybe add arrows to point at what you're talking about?

Also, im gonna also make myself a pair. What do you think about black fleece material? Or should I go with something a bit more durable?

AnimefestChii
06-22-2004, 08:39 PM
If you're talking about the thick part at the top of the sandal than it's really easy to do, or at least I think so. All you have to do is roll the fabric under several timesso that it balls up like that. If that makes it too thick to sew than you can just fold it over with a big room to stuff the top with something(which I would probably suggest with your material maybe being hard to fold under so many times) Hope that helps ^^;; hope that's the part of the shoes you're talking about, lol.