PDA

View Full Version : xxxHolic

Aino_Akki
06-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi! *newbie* Does anyone have any tips for how to cosplay Yuuko from xxxHolic? I'm thinking I'll probably do the outfit she wears with the strapless dress and flower on the front, but I don't really know how. *sweatdrop* I'm a bit of a beginner... *brighten* But I do have the gloves and think I can make the socky-legging things. So... any suggestions?

Aino Akki

that1guyyouknow
06-17-2004, 01:11 AM
well it all depends on where u live...
in some places ive actually seen dresses quite similar to that in store windows

well that also brings up, how much money r u willing to spend on it cause dresses seem to get more expensive everytime i see them in store windows!!

So in short...if u live in a popular area u can probably find it in sum upper-class store

Flippy
06-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Do you mean this one? The 11th from the top in the monochrome section...it's pretty if so :)
http://xxx.tokyo-girl.net/gallery/index.html#bw

I got it from a great site that has a ton of other xxxHoLic info and manga scans...great for referance pics.
http://xxx.tokyo-girl.net/

Aino_Akki
06-17-2004, 01:12 PM
*sweatdrop* I live in the middle of nowhere so... just buying much more than a wig and gloves is out of the question. (Though I'm thankful for the gloves - now I know how to make them if I need them in another color, and I don't have to make them this time around ^-^*) *shrug* I'm pretty sure I know how to make it - buy some stretchy fabric and use fabric paint for the flower. The problem with that is having the flower pic crack and all... I'll have to think on that. I found a pic of a similar outfit on her in red, so I'll probably do that... I guess my only real problems are getting the flower on the dress and getting bangs like hers on the wig. *grin* This'll be my fourth cosplay and the only one I actually finish so *waves banner* go me!

Akki

(I really do want to actually make the outfit though. I love sewing and all that goes with it. Last convention I had a completely sucky outfit, but just cuz I made Anko's trenchcoat and shorts right, people got it. ^_^)