PDA

View Full Version : Yuna skit

Anna
06-17-2004, 02:34 AM
I was planning to go to animefest in my summoner Yuna costume and entering the cosplay contest in september . And I was just wondering if just doing the sending dance sounds okay. There's a 3 minute time limit for singles(I doubt any of my friends will do a FFX cosplay)

Yunalesca
06-17-2004, 02:44 AM
I dunno.

It was pretty, but that was because of hte water and the sunset lighting.

It might not work without them.

dizzylizzy
06-17-2004, 02:55 AM
i've seen 2 people do it. it was really nice. ^^ i applaud them because i know from years of colorguard, it's hella hard to NOT get that staff stuck in the arm thingies.

if and when ya do it, be sure to look sad and drained. (like she was in the game.) no smiling! ^^

i wish you the best of luck!

Anna
06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Well from what I can tell from the video You've got to keep you arms moving to keep the staff from getting in the sleeves(Plus I'm going to have over 2 months to practice)

Mokona Plushie
06-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I say, go for it. I am learning it with my new staff and if you know color guard then it makes everything easier since alot of the color guard movements are close to Yuna's sending dance.

Anna
06-18-2004, 11:18 AM
I don't know colorgaurd.What is it?

sheepsarai
06-19-2004, 09:09 PM
the girls that tiwl the flags all pretty like with marching badns and at football games and what not at school ^-^ i know i never heard of iut before i saw them with the amrching band once at a school thing.

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I can do the dance ... and yeah, when I first tried it got all tangled in my sleeves, but you kind of have to be fast or the wind has to be working with you. Animated things ... so perfect ... so perfect. >.<;;

Anna
06-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Well Iv'e been practicing with a VERY heavy broomstick. I pretty much got it down it's just stopping when you have to do all thoose clockwise spins that troubles me. But my staff will be lighter than the broom is so I really shouldn't have any trouble their.
Thank you for all the help!

Masayume
06-22-2004, 04:10 AM
I think doing the Sending would be really wonderful, if done properly. Best of luck and too bad I won't get to see how you do. You're gonna have to let us know ^^