PDA

View Full Version : Camera/interview people at Acen '04?

AllStarAlice
06-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I should've posted this a while ago, but did anyone see the 2 people that were walking around interviewing/filming people? A girl was interviewing, and I believe it was a black man who was filming. They interviewed me and my friends about our costumes, and I saw them interview several other cosplayers. They said it was "for TV" but they failed to mention when and where it would be on -_-

It was a pretty professional interview, and I'd really like to see it somehow >.> Can anyone help?

ChibiRydia
06-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Same here. Our Final Fantasy group was interviewed and I would love to know how to see it, get a copy, etc.

Good thinking! I'd almost forgotten about that. I'm glad someone posted this.

Troppy
06-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Heh, I don't know if it was the same people (doubt it), but on Friday my para para group was interviewed by a girl who was...EXTREMELY rude. She asked questions such as "WHAT inspired you to dress as whorish bunnies?? :D" and then after a calm explanation of the costumes' origins, why they were NOT "whorish bunnies," etc... we'd just get another bull-headed response such as "ssoooo...if I told you this was ACen Girls Gone Wild would you take your tops off???"

...if *that* was for TV, and that's how they were treating people, I think a lawsuit is in order, lol. More likely, though, it was just ignorant, bored otakus with a camcorder. ...in that case, if said person reads this, get a life. :heart:

...I have been interviewed in the past, (specifically 2k2) though, but it was for like...Michigan Public Access TV. I am neither public or accessed enough to get ahold of such a broadcast. :E

dchan
06-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah, our Violinist of Hameln group was interviewed on Saturday during the masquerade x.x (like...right after we got off stage).

I think they said they were from Ohio or something o.o

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
07-04-2004, 02:25 AM
I should've posted this a while ago, but did anyone see the 2 people that were walking around interviewing/filming people? A girl was interviewing, and I believe it was a black man who was filming. They interviewed me and my friends about our costumes, and I saw them interview several other cosplayers. They said it was "for TV" but they failed to mention when and where it would be on -_-

It was a pretty professional interview, and I'd really like to see it somehow >.> Can anyone help?

I saw you guys getting interviewed so I walked in the backround a couple of times just to get on tape, lol >>

I'm pretty devious.. >: D

I also saw the same people interviewing some Naruto cosplayers I know..maybe I'll ask them and see if they know..

edit-- I talked to the Naruto cosplayer that got interviewed..the interviewer girl came up to him and a Naruto but he didn't stay because he didn't want to get interviewed I guess..sorry I couldn't help :/

AlexHidell
07-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Yes. They are from Ohio. They are M.D. Productions, doing interviews and filming cosplay at various cons in the northeastern and central area. And yes, they ARE doing it for TV, for a channel in Cleveland. I talked to John, the producer, at Anime North 2004, and he told me the channel, but I kinda forgot. I also send my own footage to them, and they are using their footage, and mine, for a DVD release.

My videos can be seen here:

http://www.cosplaymemories.com/

:)

AllStarAlice
07-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Awesome! Do they have a website where this DVD is available to be bought? Or will you know when it is available?

AlexHidell
07-17-2004, 01:57 AM
"Awesome! Do they have a website where this DVD is available to be bought? Or will you know when it is available?"

I think they're still making the DVD. They just requested my BLOOD concert footage. I don't know what kind of editing applications and software they use. I personally use Windows and Premiere, with 1 terabyte HDD.

ChibiRydia
07-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Good. They interviewed us in our Final Fantasy costumes for like 30 minutes. I would really like a copy of that DVD, if anything to see how ridiculous I looked answering questions that caught me off guard.

Especially if it was on TV, then I really want to know how dumb I looked!!!

Please, if anyone knows, give me some contact information to email/write them or something so I can get the ball rolling on this...