PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE cosplay

Scortia
06-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I have seen perhaps 2 cosplay from this CLAMP title thus far... curious how many people are considering it and such... it has soooo many gorgeous designs and is especially nice if you like a certain CLAMP character but want a new outfit for them. I'm personally torn between two Fye costumes, Tomoyo's costume, two Syaoran costumes, and Ashura's costume >_<

Archelon
06-18-2004, 09:27 PM
I hope to do Syaoran's costume sometime. Maybe for Otakon 2005, since I'm already full for this year's Otakon.

Ina
06-18-2004, 09:30 PM
yah those tsubasa costumes are really pretty. i really wanna do either tomoyo's costumes [those robes/kimono style costumes are just gorgeous] and sakura's princess outfit xDDD

Fragmentor
06-18-2004, 09:41 PM
im loving this new series, its so cool. I was looking one of sakuras dresses, the one in the pied piper story and Nekoi's new costume. Of course, im thinking farther into the future when my sewing skillz become more 133t. I love Fye costumes, they look really really cool....i d love so see some fye cosplays.

Claireon
06-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I was thinking of one of Sakura's outfits for Otakon . . . ideal summer wear, as she lives on a desert world. But I'll have enough trouble getting done the other things I have planned. . . . Maybe some other con.

Makoto
06-18-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm personally torn between two Fye costumes, Tomoyo's costume, two Syaoran costumes, and Ashura's costume >_<

Choosing a character was a ridiculously difficult decision for me. ^_^ I had originally planned on a Syaoran costume, but my feminine side grabbed hold and decided I should try a Sakura costume instead. (I would have been a lot better off if I hadn't made that decision two weeks before Ushicon.) But Nick-kun was willing to be my Syaoran, which was very sweet of him considering the English manga release was months away. Since he reads no Japanese, he had no idea why the heck those kids from Card Captor Sakura were now grown up and in some desert. XD

I'm sure I won't get out of this without making at least a few more Tsubasa costumes... it's really the costume I'm very happiest when I'm wearing. Let me know if you're interested in a group sometime, Scortia-san! I'd love to see a big cast get together.

elfinder
06-18-2004, 11:29 PM
I plan to do a Fye costume eventually, I wanna make three parts of it XD First for AX 2005 I will probably do his first layer costume. Which is his white collar jacket and the black pants and glove. Then I will take my time and slowly make his two fur linned jacket hehe. I'll cosplay him in those whenever they're finished. Since they're so detailed and require so much fabric....... that might take a while lol.

Scortia
06-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Makoto: Sweet! You were the Aoi at Ushi. ^_^ *hugs Flame of Recca manga* Anyway. Yeah I'm trying to coerce my friend to make one of the Tsubasa Shaoran costumes instead of the CCS one... and then I'm very likely to make Fye's fur ensemble that elfinder has planned too. It's so tough... the girl in me keeps shouting for Tomoyo's princess clothing while the RG Veda fan in me wants to make Ashura. >_< I haven't seen a storyline about him in the manga yet though.. well time will tell. It'd be great if we could do a group... I don't know if I'll get to mine for Ushi or not until A-kon. The list is crazy at the moment >_<

ScottArtsXD
06-20-2004, 03:32 AM
A few friends of mine and I are actually planning a Tsubasa cosplay group sometime next year... probably around Acen/ Anime Detour...

I was given the role of Syaoran for my part, unfortunatly, I haven't read much of the manga (I can't find it anywhere!!) I was wondering if anyone know where I can find some pics for reference? Because I actually wanna get started on it soon... His costume is pretty freakin' sweet, and I have HOPES of hitting Anime Reactor, and would love to go as Syaoran.

Scortia
06-20-2004, 10:07 AM
There are hardly any color pictures yet *grr* They need an artbook... *looks for the scan gallery site she found yesterday* Argh... can't find it... but here's one link if that helps at all >_<

http://kss.mysticalaura.com/info/tsubasagallery.php

ScottArtsXD
06-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the linkage! It does help!

Ringo
06-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Yay for Tsubasa Cosplay!!
I can't wait to see what everybody makes. =D

I scoured the internet looking for color pictures of Yuuko's dress before I made mine, thankfully I found one head shot. But darn you Clamp let's get that Artbook goin'!

Scortia: We have to get some pictures together when you finish your Fye costume. ^^ Maybe I'll even have my Yuuko outfit completed by then. lol Or Maybe a new one. hehe

A bit off topic but did you all hear they are planning a XXXHolic movie for 2005! *squee!* My thought is that they are making a XXXHolic movie to lead into a Tsubasa Anime. It only makes sense that way!

kawaii_mon
06-20-2004, 09:00 PM
ooh tsubasa cosplay!! ^_^
i'd love to do chii with the furry ears and have my bf do fye in his fur outfit.. that would be nice..but i have too much other things to make at the moment so that will have to wait u.u

Makoto
06-20-2004, 10:19 PM
A bit off topic but did you all hear they are planning a XXXHolic movie for 2005! *squee!* My thought is that they are making a XXXHolic movie to lead into a Tsubasa Anime. It only makes sense that way!

That'll give me a solid year and a half to make as many costumes as I can before they animate them and show me I was completely wrong with the colors. XD Although I think as long as I stick with the pinks and whites and you stick with blacks and reds, Yuuko-san~... ;)

I'm so excited to see so many people interested! All the costumes are amazing (and each illustration seems to change the details oh-so-frustrating-slightly) so there's a lot of room for creativity and personality.

Ina
06-20-2004, 10:52 PM
wouldnt there be more costume choices available later on in the series coz they DO travel thru different worlds, with different culture, characters annnnnd costumes! imma wait for awhile to see what tsubasa/XXXholic has to offer xDDD but if i cant stand it, and the urge of cosplaying tsubasa rises, imma just make sakura's dress with all those pretty jewerly thingies xD!

=O a XXXholic movie? yah i agree, this might lead up to a tsubasa movie. dang, i really hope it gets released early 2005, before con season xD

Scortia
06-21-2004, 09:53 AM
sweet... movie *_* Yes they should animated Tsubasa for sure... it needs to be... it's very cute. Ringo, photoshoot all the way. ^_^ So far I only have a Syaoran... but it's time to coerce other friends... Ashura's costume keeps beckoning me... and Tomoyo's... so I dunno if I'll have Fye or not... maybe I'll make all and die. >_< Yeah, the choosing of colors.. ugh... I have yet to see a color shot of Fye's coat but I assume it's tan. I'm not making my outfits for 9 months or so so here's hoping that there'll be more manga color images by then. Ashura is bound to do something sooner or later.

yuki-usagi
06-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm planning to crossplay Tsubasa-style Yukito. I'm waiting for a color image too... although it looks like he's on the cover of vol 6? (the hardcover edition, maybe). His robe seems to be red and gold... that's not what I would have guessed at all! I hope they make Tsubasa into an anime! ^_^

Kat Murz
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
How did I miss this thread...humm. I'm planning to crossplay two costumes for Ai-kon 2005 (Gives me about a year to make them, which I'll probably need) I'm doing Yukito's magician robes and Fye's color spirit town outfit ^_^. Yay for Tsubasa cosplay!

Digital Blush
08-05-2004, 09:22 PM
i'm going as Princess Sakura for a-kon 16 next year! (the normal dress she wears in the manga without the coins) coins bug me for some reason lol. the noise is probably why. lol my boyfriend is going as Syaoran too i hope we figure out that crazy staff xD and how we're going to get it there if we take a plane :P

bakudan777
08-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I'm going as Syaoran from the manga, but I'm not sure when...Now I have to hunt down some good pics, though there's a really good one of him on the cover of the first manga. Now how to build the staff...

Edit:

Ohmigod...I didn't know that Syaoran was from CardCaptors...boo for Cardcaptors! I hope that even though he is from CardCaptors, he doesn't have anything to do with the Clow cards and all...I didn't very much like CCS...*hopes Syaoran has a seperate role from CCS as he goes off*

Digital Blush
08-06-2004, 03:02 AM
bakudan777 the Tsubasa storyline is completely different from Card Captor Sakura.. but Card Captors did stink. But the japanese uncut one is better. You should really see it. i have scans of syaoran's costume if you want. IM me on AIM look at my profile for the s/n.

Poisonous Intent
08-06-2004, 10:02 AM
I have a tsubasa group arranged for 2005 cosplay season, I'll be going as Sakura, my boyfriend as Syaoran, Aya as Tomoyo, and two of my school friend's as Kurogane and Fai.

~If any of you guys are planning to come to Ohayocon, theres a photoshoot in the planning...

hikarilight
08-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Wee~ A Tsubasa thread~

Even though I'm not making one now, my friend in Korea and I will be making Princess Sakura (that's me) and Fye (that's her) for CN Anime 2006 ^^;; Now that's some plan for the future XD

As well as making the chinese styled clothes that Syaoran wears in Koriyo? I just love the simpleness of it and how it's not done that much, more like not at all. So pretty *_*

bakudan777
08-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I just now realized that Syaoran probably has like 50 different costumes, due to the multiple worlds he goes to, but I'm gonna go with one of these two costumes:

http://hk.geocities.com/magi00megi/005.JPG
or
http://hk.geocities.com/magi00megi/01.JPG

An off topic thing, would anyone like to give me a few votes on which I should go as? I think the second picture is more doable, and I definitely like his staff, but I'm just not sure.

topleka
08-11-2004, 05:39 PM
The second one is definitely more common, but I love that first one. I'm considering attempting the first one some day. The second one would indeed be easier, but I'd love to see that first one done.

Mokona Plushie
08-11-2004, 05:51 PM
I plan to work on a princess Sakura cosplay sometime in the following year. I probably would work on it this year but I have way too many cosplays to finish --;

sorachan
08-11-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd really love to do Kurogane's outfit, the one he wears in the very first manga, with the cape and big sword ;p. I've only read a little past the first volume, since I'm collecting it as it comes out in English, but I'd love to do the costume someday. Maybe maybe Otakon next year.

Scortia
08-11-2004, 07:17 PM
I just now realized that Syaoran probably has like 50 different costumes, due to the multiple worlds he goes to, but I'm gonna go with one of these two costumes:

http://hk.geocities.com/magi00megi/005.JPG
or
http://hk.geocities.com/magi00megi/01.JPG

I adore the 2nd one and always have... I've considered it myself and I'm not even a huge Syaoran fan. ^^;; The first, wow, I've never seen that picture before... sweet costumes.

sorachan: A Kurogane!? Finally... poor guy... I'd be glad to see him cosplayed.

bakudan777
08-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes, I think I'm gonna go with the second pic, seeing as I lack any major sewing skills, which the first would obviously require. Now I just have to wait till a 2K5 Con schedule comes up.

Digital Blush
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
yeah! yay for the kurogane cosplayer! you better show us good pictures when its done :D!

sorachan
08-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Geez, the pressure! I guess I'll have to do it now ;p. Speaking of which, does anyone have any links to a site with color pictures of Kurogane in his first outfit?

Kairi G
08-13-2004, 09:15 AM
well i made Sakura's white dress from the first few pages of the manga. I wore it at otakon but only on friday. I loved this costume so so much! i made flowy wings that moved with my arms, and hand beaded gold trim! I love this costume to pieces, but like no one recognized me, i think there were only two people who got all excited cuz they knew i was from Tsubasa, and like no pictures were taken of it. even my own family didnt get a picture for me. Once it stops raining here ill go out and do a photoshoot with the costume and post pics of it. I made the costume in about 2 days too, because i knew i wouldnt finish my Umi costume in time for Otakon. It was rushed, but still ended up looking fabulous, in my opinion.
im really glad there is a thread for this series, cuz more people need to be exposed to it!

Digital Blush
08-13-2004, 09:57 PM
i have the special hardcover edition of tsubasa with kurogane on it, if you want sorachan you can IM me sometime and i'll scan you the picture. its in color and everything. ^^

bakudan777
08-15-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking about doing Kurogane as a secondary costume. Or Fai/Fye. Depending on what my group needs.

Kairi G
08-15-2004, 12:17 PM
I love Fai's coat, and just whole costume in general! its so fluffy!