DJ(SiC)ness
11-29-2002, 12:47 AM
yeah some new media was put out

heres a link to some new pics

http://ffxposed.com/ffx-2/pictures02.html

i want to marry this girl

neoangelwink
11-29-2002, 01:09 AM
i heard very littie bout it. spost be 7 or 10 year after ffx.
also heard they remaking 7.if they do i will very happy.

Bell-chan
11-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by neoangelwink
i heard very littie bout it. spost be 7 or 10 year after ffx.
I thought FFX-2 takes place 2 years after FFX...

DJ(SiC)ness
11-29-2002, 03:37 AM
yeah it does take 2 years after 10
and they may remake 7 or make a sequel depending on how weel FFx2 goes

tamahomegurl
11-29-2002, 10:46 PM
i can't wait for the remake or the sequel to ffVII......***can't get enough of cloud and tifa**

Studmaster
11-29-2002, 11:42 PM
Am I the only one who is pretty disgusted by the Charcter Designs of this new game. I'm sorry, but I never liked Yuna to begin with, Rikku....can we say Christina Agurelia, and not in a good way. And this Pain Character.....What the f*ck, is she supposed to be a replacement to Lulu. I'm sorry, this game is not appealing to me charcter wise. Square really has lost it's touch IMO. It's a shame too, there was a day when I expected them to be more original.

nails
11-30-2002, 04:26 AM
oh man, Yuna's new costume is sweet. I'm drooling all over myself. (what a mess). Those skin tight cut off short shorts. >.<

I'm getting the Japanese import of this as soon as it arrives at the local video store.

Choice
11-30-2002, 04:40 AM
i like the design to the female characters, but the samurai look to the male ones are kind of dorky

DJ(SiC)ness
11-30-2002, 05:20 AM
yeah it has a weird feel to it

psythe
11-30-2002, 09:40 AM
http://ffxposed.com/ffx-2/media/ffx-2_35.jpg

Nice...This must be Pain/Lulu :D

I really hope they stop the sequel making here with 10. Not that I won't go out and buy them....*hopeless Square fan*

Yui
12-02-2002, 02:32 AM
So FFX-2 is indeed a sequel, huh? Darn, I was hoping it'd merely be a remake. You know, where they'd do horrendous redesign, but keep the plot amusingly the same, so you'd play it and have lurching, confusing deja-vu.
And if they skankified the ladies...who have been the coolest designed female leads since FF6...they could've done some male alteration, too. Like stuff that's shocking and not necessarily even a good change. Like Tidus could shave his head. Or Auron could be in a skin-tight catsuit. Or Seymour could wear some Kuja-inspired thong and show off his lovely verrucose viens. X_x
Heh, well, they still could do more weird and scarey stuff before this little soujourn is through. I have to admit, I don't even know if I'm for or against the whole concept X-2 -- only that the sacradness of FF7 is next at stake, and for that cause, I am concerned.

Alaria
12-02-2002, 03:04 AM
who's that blond female with the purplish outfit, any word O_o.......a skanky female villain to complement the new outfits for the heroines? =P

ThrustPuppy
12-02-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Alaria
O_o.......a skanky female villain to complement the new outfits for the heroines? =P

I think that'd be your answer.

Did FFX really sell so badly that Square needs to increase the sex quotient by 500% in order to sell the sequel? Or is this a brilliant artistic statement?

Alaria
12-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Actually, FFX sold reeeaaally well, though I think a large part of that was just the graphics, the addition of voices, and the evergrowing population of gamers that have been introduced to Square. But to sell any sequel of a Final Fantasy, which has never been done before, I guess Square is resorted to playing upon the baser instincts of its male gamer population

Nine
12-02-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness

i want to marry this girl

I wanna cosplay her! She looks wicked! :D

rikku wears a thong XD that's cute.. XD

also.. that grey haired person better me lulu.. *shakes fist*

Celine
12-02-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Alaria
who's that blond female with the purplish outfit, any word O_o.......a skanky female villain to complement the new outfits for the heroines? =P

I actually like her design best of all of them. Haha, like that strategically-placed heart... What's up with the funny hair ornaments? It seemed to make some sense when Lulu had them, since she had long hair that was styled, but this chick has short hair with random ornaments shoved into it. Silly. Those guys she's with do look like total dorks, though.

Adella
12-02-2002, 10:50 AM
IT'S FINAL FANTASY BAYWATCH!

Yuna
12-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Other blonde girl = villian.

Come on, it's damn obvious people.

Sirami
12-02-2002, 02:08 PM
I really loved FFX... and I HATE the new skimpy outfits for the females! It completely ruins the characters IMO. I was actually very upset with Squaresoft when I saw Yuna's gun toting outfit and Riku's funky two piece bathing suit!

For those of you that don't like the FFX characters, immagine a similar thing happening with FFVII 2. Imagine that Tiffa is now wielding guns and wearing an even more skimpy outfit than before, and that Aris (assuming that she came back to life) is also wearing really skimpy clothing.

Arc_The_Lad
12-02-2002, 02:19 PM
You can always count on X-Box to ruin a great game.

Studmaster
12-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Arc_The_Lad
You can always count on X-Box to ruin a great game.

Aeris, Admin, I'm sorry. But I must.

This is stupidest post thus far in this forum. What does the X-Box have to do with the slutting up of FFX characters, huh? I hate fanboy dribble.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-02-2002, 02:48 PM
I like the new character designs but of course, it's the plot that matters right? ^_^ well, I'll definately buy the vinyl statues of this when it comes out.

Celine
12-02-2002, 02:59 PM
Huh? I thought that FFX-2 was still a PS2 game... Square's still making games for Sony, and has stuff in the works with Nintendo. Where did Xbox come from?

Yuna
12-02-2002, 03:07 PM
I must agree with you Celine o.O

Nine
12-02-2002, 07:46 PM
heh... FFX-2 is coming out for the ps2, not x-box. :P

Alaria
12-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Celine
I actually like her design best of all of them. Haha, like that strategically-placed heart... What's up with the funny hair ornaments? It seemed to make some sense when Lulu had them, since she had long hair that was styled, but this chick has short hair with random ornaments shoved into it. Silly. Those guys she's with do look like total dorks, though.

::::chuckles::: u never know, she might have on long braid that we can't see coming from the back of her hair, either that or she's got some really good hairspray and bobby pins ^__^

Arc_The_Lad
12-03-2002, 04:49 PM
isn't it coming out for X-Box first? I'm pretty sure that it was X-box who asked Square for a original game, or else I need to find a new source for information.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I just don't like X-Box.

Rey-Rey
12-03-2002, 04:50 PM
I don't recall Square even working for the X-Box.

Arc_The_Lad
12-03-2002, 05:09 PM
well, Square making Final Fantasy Tactics 2 on Game Boy Advance so I guess anything is possible

Rey-Rey
12-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Yeah, but Square a while back confirmed that they were going back to work for Nintendo. It would be news if they were going to go work for Microsoft.

Back to the topic at hand.