PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean 3 -- Till the End of Time!

katrinastrife
11-29-2002, 05:07 AM
Hi there everyone! I was checking out the spiffy site for the new Star Ocean game... all the info's in Japanese, but you can very easily get to the character models. The system on the page is really spiffy (except the loading time...). Check it out!

http://starocean.net/

:thumbsup:

Pool Cue Ronin
11-29-2002, 08:52 AM
You can never have TOO much Star Ocean.
Now, to get my friend to translate that page!
*shameless moocher*

Recca-kun
11-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Star Ocean 3 is going to be awesome! I already want to cosplay Fate... ^_^;

Adella
11-29-2002, 10:04 PM
I actually can't stand the character design. I think allt he characters are just.. REALLY ugly. I loved SO2 so I'm a little biased I guess.

katrinastrife
11-30-2002, 12:05 AM
hmm... I liked SO2's better, but the new ones are okay. ^^*

haru
11-30-2002, 02:15 AM
yeah yeah i wanna buy star ocean 3.

i think so3 will much better than 2 -
first the graphic! 2nd - game play - the system look like quite fun!
i like the new character design, nice!!! especially fate!

nails
11-30-2002, 04:16 AM
I wish they would make another star ocean tv series to go along with the new game launch.. of course that is asking too much.

Sakura
11-30-2002, 09:50 PM
eee! I can't WAIT for Star Ocean III - I'm cosplaying as Nell/Nel as soon as I get the game and then beat it. I hope it comes soon!

Yui
12-02-2002, 03:03 AM
Weren't they suspending the second half of SO2 in order to jump ahead and do an anime of SO3? Or maybe they were skipping to Blue Sphere. Maybe my info's old on that. I just remember there was going to be a gap somewhere. I must consult with the experts, but that is what I somewhat recalled being told.

The character designs of SO2 are mega-fab, and their actual sprites in game are awefully cute. It's just their PSX-version 'illustrations' are kinda ugly, too, if you look at 'em again. I mean, poor Ashton looks like he's having digestion troubles. So don't judge the new characters by just their illustrations...the 3D models ingame are rather good-looking (the eyes don't look guite so freakishly dominant on the girls). And Fate in particular is very glompable indeed. XoX

Celine
12-02-2002, 10:39 AM
I don't really like the character illustrations, but the in-game screenshots look adorable. ^^ So, I'm not really going to judge the game one way or another. Grandia 2 had the same problem, in my mind... the official art is pretty icky (Elena looks like a man. This annoys me.) but all the characters are so cute in the game itself. In my opinions, the character designs themselves are just kind of blah... but at least they aren't horrid like Blue Sphere. -_-

>Weren't they suspending the second half of SO2 in order to jump ahead and do an anime of SO3?

I thought they flat-out cancelled the second half of the SO2 anime... not a bad call, because it wasn't particularly good and it was terribly inconsistent with the game's events. I believe there was mention of animating Blue Sphere, but I haven't seen anything concrete about it.

>I mean, poor Ashton looks like he's having digestion troubles

Knowing Ashton, he probably is. ^_^;;

I'm expecting SO3 to be fantastic, and if it's anything less, I'll be seriously disappointed. Both of the other Star Oceans are personal favorites of mine (SO2 is better than the original, but they are both excellent).

I decided to cosplay Souffle back when the game was first announced. I don't care if she's the worst character ever. It's just because her name is Souffle.

Adella
12-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Celine said it all for me. especially about star ocean ex. the manga is SOOOOO much better. ::cry::

Anyway back to Star ocean 3.. yeah.. the char designs are boring and look ilke any other game.