PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay winners?

oninomiko
06-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Who won the Best Craftsmanship award? Fans View says they didnt show up to accept... and I entered, but wasnt there - so Im crossing my fingers... I cosplayed as Shampoo... anyone know? I will worship you.

<3 Sheli

Lil
06-20-2004, 10:03 AM
I wanna know who won too! I was in the cosplay and had to leave early because it was a long drive home, and they started 1 hour late it ran at least an hour over what it was supposed to be. It hit 10:00 and I knew with traffic i'd take me 2hrs to make it home. Anime NEXT really needs to get more organized, they've become more and more disorganized every year.

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Lol, I love how they stalled the anouncements with the Anime competition that the people didn't even know what they were doing. =/

I don't remember who won, but I was there. I was so tired. >.<;; My group got an award for knowing our skit the best or something ... which is funny because we prepared it like three hours earlier, and I was freaking out about it the entire time ... I know other people plan these things for weeks. =/

Sorahana
06-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I had to leave the cosplay before it started too -_-. I miss AN!! *cries* All I know is I won the karaoke contest!! *bounces around* My friend called me last night to tell me I won *_*. Anyway I also wonder who it was, I hope it was my friend ;_;.

oninomiko
06-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah. Haha congrats on winning - at least your friend called you. I wanted my friend to call me even if I/they didnt win, I wanted to hear who did. None of them called me, and they didnt answer when I called them. *sigh*

Lil
06-20-2004, 10:39 AM
As for the winner for craftsmanship.... I called my sister to have her find out for us all. She calls me back crying saying that we won. I'm really embarassed now. -_-0

oninomiko
06-20-2004, 10:44 AM
WAI!!! Congrats!! I think I saw you there as the Sailor Star _____ (healer?) chick! It was awesome! Sugoi!!!

Lil
06-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Thankies!!! I think I saw you when you were in the bathroom. Your shampoo was awsome. I saw you later in the con too and I think I shouted Shampoo. I wanted to find you a ranma and be all like.... Shampoo can marry Ranma now!! There was 2... 1 I didn't see till the masquerade, and the other was the Rougya (I know I spelled that wrong -_-0) in the masquerade.

oninomiko
06-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Haha yeah - I saw a few Ranmas. The one that was Ryouga in the masq. was my friend Ranma.

http://www.fansview.com/2004/animenext/0619b90078.jpg

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Wow, I didn't know that guy put things up so quick ... o.O;; Well here's the link to my picture ... May be you saw me?
http://www.fansview.com/2004/animenext/0619e90087.jpg

Lil
06-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Yes I definatly saw you ;) You were with the Mistral and Tifa that I met in the bathroom. I met alot of people in the bathroom. I guess It was the place to be. Lol.

Niku-Sama
06-20-2004, 04:06 PM
I wanna know who stole the craftsmenship award, and I wanna see what they wore! I did not win >_> standing in the entore cosplay, gameshow, award ceremony (what was that, 4 hrs?) for nothing. feh. stupid large cage skirt.That is the last time I waste my time making complicated metal props.

Sorahana
06-20-2004, 04:14 PM
I thought you got an award. Fansview has a pic of you that you got the Judges Award or something o_O;. I'm pissed because my friend won nothing *sigh*. He was Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary. His costume was kick ass but I saw some of the costumes that won awards..........I don't like how the judging was done just let me say. I'm also pissed I had to leave before the thing started -_-. Damn sound problems delaying it.

Niku-Sama
06-20-2004, 04:26 PM
:/ I did get judges award, and I am happy with it, I was just realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly trying so hard for craftsmenship. oh well, I just want to see the people who actually DID win becuase I want to know what I lost against.

Sorahana
06-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Check out fansview to see who won awards is all I can say, although I'm not too thrilled with who won 2nd place for craftsmanship -_-. But anyway its not my place to be judging people anyway.

visulstimultion
06-20-2004, 05:41 PM
actually Maester Seymour won something for his Lucifer costume i think. not, sure i'll ask him when he gets home.

Niku-Sama
06-20-2004, 06:06 PM
I think he got judges or something... I know he got something, I am glad he was great!

Lil
06-20-2004, 06:35 PM
*runs into hiding* Going back to cage-Chii, I'll have pics up soon of my costume and my sis's that won for craftsmanship. We were really surprized we got anything because there were sooooo many more awsome costumes there. I really liked the cage too. I saw it and was like..... Ooohhh cage....

rogue
06-20-2004, 07:15 PM
actually Maester Seymour won something for his Lucifer costume i think. not, sure i'll ask him when he gets home.

Actually, he won a hall cosplay award for his Maester Seymour costume.

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
The Tifa and Muriel I was hanging out with were friends I barely met at I-Con and met up with at AnimeNEXT. We made the skit in three hours. How the hell were we prepared? And I thought Seymour commissioned his costume ... I'm confused by a lot of decisions ... and I really really really liked your cage skirt. =D

Uhm, was our skit funny or just plain stupid? Also, could you hear anything? I know I could barely hear anything with everyone else's skits. =/

KaineMaxwell
06-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey any fansview pics of me with the Sailor Moon groups?

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Cage Chii, I thought your costume was amazing. *_* Like, really, really amazing. My costume took me forever I can`t even imagine how long that took you! (Or how you got it to the con. ^.^; )

Yay Sailor Star Healer!!! Your costume was realy good!! I was poking around the SM photoshoot with the other Mew Mew`s an` I saw you. =D

Just so everyone knows, I was the Pudding, in the Tokyo Mew Mew Group. ((We won best youth, Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! (((and cutest karaoke! XD)))) *Dances with joy-ful-ness-ness.*

Lil
06-20-2004, 10:09 PM
I loved your whole tokyo mew mew group! The skit was soooo kawaiii!!!!! I love pudding. I wish I knew more about the series though, I need to still watch it.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Thank you!!! We had Sooooo much fun doing the skit you can`t even imagine, our Mint`s practiced the slappy fight at school for so long. XD

Pudding is my idol, I only answer to being called Pudding now. XD *Sideways glances back at Pudidng shrine* *coughcough* I`m not...completely obsesseeeeed...Well, yeah, I am. ^.^ It`s a great series! You`ll love it. (I know `cuz you love Sailor Moon. ^.^)

Your Yaten costume came out awesome!

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Lol, I want the tail, whoever was the one who took nearly invisible string and strung it to your head or something, that was so smart ... my tail was making me angry all day.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Yep, that was me. ^.^ I LOVE my tail! I wanted it to stay by itself but, I tried so many wires that I just resorted to the thread. XD It wagged when I walked!! But, after I took it off, I`ve been waggin` my butt all day hoping my tail that I no longer have will wag. ;_; XD

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Your tail looked perky too though! At AnimeBoston, I had to finish my friends Zakuro costume in the hotel room and I didn`t know what to do, now THAT was a dead tail. x.x But, I`m gonna fix it before she wears it again. x.x

Ginnychan
06-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone...I was the Nami in the One Piece group that won best presentation. I still can't get over it. Last night was crazy for me...I am still so stunned..my amv was the One Piece one...and...oh god...I couldn't stop crying last night I was just so happy.

I just wanted to say I think everyone did a great job, I know everyone worked really hard - and congradulations to those who won.

Mew_Pudding
06-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Congrats to you!!!

Your skit was really funny and your AMV was awesome!!! It made me cry. ^.^;;

Ginnychan
06-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Congrats to you!!!

Your skit was really funny and your AMV was awesome!!! It made me cry. ^.^;;

Thank you! Congradulations to you as well! Your skit was totally adorable, even though I'm not familar with Tokyo Mew Mew, it made me want to check it out ^_^

And thank you about the amv as well..I was in complete and utter shock. I hadn't expected people to understand the video...but I guess the emotion got through.

Koumori
06-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Check out fansview to see who won awards is all I can say, although I'm not too thrilled with who won 2nd place for craftsmanship -_-. But anyway its not my place to be judging people anyway.

The second place craftsmanship award was given specifically for the molded leather shoulder armor.

Akezumante
06-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I am a perfectionist. With cosplay that is such a curse and gift at the same time. =/

Rikku84
06-21-2004, 12:58 AM
the ppl who did win for craftsmanship werent really that good... was ac cloud and sephiroth... and their wolf head wasnt nearly as good as the one i made for my friend

Ginnychan
06-21-2004, 01:01 AM
the ppl who did win for craftsmanship werent really that good... was ac cloud and sephiroth... and their wolf head wasnt nearly as good as the one i made for my friend

I personally thought they were effing amazing.

Rikku84
06-21-2004, 01:07 AM
i wasnt that impressed. they were good, but they didnt deserve to win, esp when there were other people who had better versions of the same costume, like my friend.

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi all. Yeah I ended up getting a judges award for seymour, just like rogue said. (valerie kuna thank you i love you XD) but i was pretty dissapointed that i went through the torture of wearing lucifer on saturday, and had to sit through that god awful game show before hearing that i didnt even get anything for lucifer when out of all my costumes, that was the first one i did all by myself and it seemed for naught. I'm just planning on entering lucifer at the next con i go to. oh well.

neoangelwink
06-21-2004, 11:36 AM
^_^ yeaheee on the winners.

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Aren't you disqualified for entering a costume you didn't make into the competition? >.<;;

Ginnychan
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Aren't you disqualified for entering a costume you didn't make into the competition? >.<;;

It depends on what part of the judging you're being considered for. Skit based awards can be store bought (or, in the case of my group, partially made, partially bought) Craftsmanship should be made by the person, or at least the award should be given to the creator. However, it is also possibly for a person to recieve a craftsmanship award for a specific part of their costume that was made by them. Sometimes one detail or piece can take more effort and work then several costumes put together.

Mew_Pudding
06-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Really? o.o; I thought no matter what it wasn`t allowed....That means I coulda had some help on my costume. >.< Oh well. XD

Also I have to say Mew pudding, your acting is wonderful. I just find it very cute and I've yet to see the anime. Congrats to you and all other winners this con.

Thank you!!!! =D

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 12:37 PM
Yes but didn't Maester Seymour win an award for their Hall Cosplay on Friday? They commissioned that ... as they mentioned "Lucifer was my first made" ... o.O;;

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Yes but didn't Maester Seymour win an award for their Hall Cosplay on Friday? They commissioned that ... as they mentioned "Lucifer was my first made" ... o.O;;

I got judges award for seymour, and i was involved in the processes of making the part that i had help with and also had full permission from the girl who helped me to enter it into contests, and the judges knew i had help with the robe part. its not like it didnt take any work on my part, if you thought that you're far off. and yeah, lucifer is the first one i did the entire costume all by myself.

Sorahana
06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I got judges award for seymour, and i was involved in the processes of making the part that i had help with and also had full permission from the girl who helped me to enter it into contests, and the judges knew i had help with the robe part. its not like it didnt take any work on my part, if you thought that you're far off. and yeah, lucifer is the first one i did the entire costume all by myself.

You got my support ^^. True the outfit may have been commissioned but he did do alot of other things for it as well. He was assisted and he had permission to enter contests so he won that award fairly. I hate how people get so damn uptight if they don't win a contest. Ok so you worked hard on your costume and you didn't win. It's not the end of the world. There's always other cons and cosplay isn't all about awards. Cosplay is about having fun and making friends and being your favorite character and showing off your fandom. Thats all I have to say so feel free to get pissed at me if you so do desire.

vinyacuwen
06-21-2004, 03:01 PM
I never seen so many sore losers in my life. Don't hate, congratulate. w3rd.

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 03:02 PM
I never seen so many sore losers in my life. Don't hate, congratulate. w3rd.

short and sweet, vinyacuwen. nice ^_~

rogue
06-21-2004, 06:51 PM
i wasnt that impressed. they were good, but they didnt deserve to win, esp when there were other people who had better versions of the same costume, like my friend.

Personally, I think you're being pretty rude. What if these "people" are here on the message board and are reading this? How would you like to win an award and then have someone say something like this to you. You weren't there when the judges were judging these costumes. The judges were very picky and weren't just going to pick anyone to win.

VampyreMiyu
06-21-2004, 09:46 PM
For those of you who seem to have a problem with how I judged my personal award, let me give you a bit of insight. It was a very tough decision between a few gems but I finally decided on Seymour. Seymour's costume was not commissioned (read: paid someone to make the whole thing), he had some help with the sewing, which he did tell me as I was poking and prodding him during judging. He did however know exactly how every single piece was put together when I asked him (and I did grill him) unlike most of the people who had "help" with theirs. He had to have been there for the whole construction and would have had to have a hand in it to be able to answer my questions. Plus he put in quite a bit of work on it himself. The staff was well constructed, almost flawless, and some of the little details and tricks on the robe were great! For those complaining, did you see the amazing airbrushing work he did? I would have sworn it was dyed into the material. How about the cord setup in the front? It looked good, was sturdy, and he could get in and out of it. He even figured out how to make the hairdo. The costume was damn good, period. I realize the complainers didn't get the "hands on" I got but the implication that I didn't know what I'm doing is a little bit insulting.

~Valerie

Maester Seymour
06-21-2004, 11:10 PM
For those of you who seem to have a problem with how I judged my personal award, let me give you a bit of insight. It was a very tough decision between a few gems but I finally decided on Seymour. Seymour's costume was not commissioned (read: paid someone to make the whole thing), he had some help with the sewing, which he did tell me as I was poking and prodding him during judging. He did however know exactly how every single piece was put together when I asked him (and I did grill him) unlike most of the people who had "help" with theirs. He had to have been there for the whole construction and would have had to have a hand in it to be able to answer my questions. Plus he put in quite a bit of work on it himself. The staff was well constructed, almost flawless, and some of the little details and tricks on the robe were great! For those complaining, did you see the amazing airbrushing work he did? I would have sworn it was dyed into the material. How about the cord setup in the front? It looked good, was sturdy, and he could get in and out of it. He even figured out how to make the hairdo. The costume was damn good, period. I realize the complainers didn't get the "hands on" I got but the implication that I didn't know what I'm doing is a little bit insulting.

~Valerie

I definitely learned a lot even though I had help with the robe part (everyone at some point has to get some kind of help when they start their first cosplay ever) , however i must correct one thing, I didnt do the airbrushing, but i do know exactly how she did it and I am fully capable of doing a replica of it on another costume if something similar comes around one day. I did do the ropes in the robes and everything else. I hope this ends the dispute over mine and valerie's processes, and im also a little offended at such rude accusations. its not like i lied or anything. sorry about this thing for those of you who are just browsing the forums.

Rikku84
06-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Personally, I think you're being pretty rude. What if these "people" are here on the message board and are reading this? How would you like to win an award and then have someone say something like this to you. You weren't there when the judges were judging these costumes. The judges were very picky and weren't just going to pick anyone to win.

im simply stating my opinion on the matter. and if you saw the wolf head that i sculpted you would agree with me on that part at least. i'm not saying their costumes were terrible or whatnot, they were good but there were just certain aspects of the costume that i thought were lacking, and it particularly bothered me when the judge mentioned the excellent sculpting of it... i was more impressed with the freya cosplayer with the metal hoop skirt, or the ff phoenix cosplayer, or demri's shion cosplay, and a few others that i cant think of right now but those were amazing costumes imo that i thought deserved awards (or in the case of the freya a better award)

Akezumante
06-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Sore losers? I didn't even enter in the Friday Cosplay competition. Hell, I only entered in Saturday because I was dragged into it. And I was just making sure. >.<;; I think it was a good costume, I just remember you saying someone made it for you ... and I've already given my congratulations. I've no problem with the winners. If you want to see sore losers, look for the people saying "I should have won, not so-and-so, their costume was not as good as mine" because there's plenty of those here ...

inertia
06-22-2004, 12:21 AM
I was one of the winners that didn't appear onstage to accept the award, and I'm really sorry and embarrassed that I wasn't there for it. My Kamijo costume (from the jrock band Lareine, black "Metamorphose" version) won the hall cosplay "Best of Weekend" award. I don't know how anyone feels about whether my costume was deserving or not, but I spent around 60 hours on the beads and sequins alone...

Koumori
06-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Post removed while I try to figure out a more articulate way to say it.

Lil
06-22-2004, 10:39 AM

Yes If you read the beginning of this thread they are. I think it's time to put this thread to rest. Everyone's cotumes were beautiful. And some of them original IE... treasure box chest. But all the winners have my congrats and to all the participants my adoreation. It was alot of fun meeting all of you, and watching the skits. The arguments here are something that it pains me to see. I thought pretty much everyone here liked to support each other. Thanks to the people who are standing up for the cosplayers being bashed. But, I think it is time to let this thread die and for everyone that thinks they should have won, or their freinds should have won..... to take all that energy and start getting ready for next year. Complaning does nothing, action does something. If you work hard you are bound to win something next year.

Dragonrage
06-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Wow I'm completely shocked at all the people being sore loosers, the judges had a tough time and they grilled people like they were a cheese sandwhich in a skillet, so please stop complaining and whining. And for those that keep up the complaining I say Waaaa waaaa to you because that's what it sounds like from here. I have to give the judges credit on their processing and effort. By the way I loved the Nami Costume! XD

Akezumante
06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok, first off, allow me to apologize for any misunderstandings regarding me and my posts. My post about the costume was NOT directed as an "OMG that is not fair, I should have won" post. It was directed as a question ... I am new at cosplay. This was my second convention, second costume, and first time entering any contest. I was confused about the rules and I had no idea asking something would get so many people flaming me when I returned like six hours later.

Also, my post was NOT meant to sway any judges' decisions ... I loved each and every costume I saw, and I agreed with the judges' decisions. There were some costumes I was saddened did not recieve special recognition, but I'm not about to say anyone is more deserving than others, because THAT is rude. That's all I have to say, and I'll let the thread rest now. Please don't asume anything about me. I wouldn't be a sore loser for something I did not even enter ...

So, congratulations to everyone who won. Well deserved. And everyone else ... stop assuming. It makes me sad. =(

StarDustShadow
06-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Holy God there's a lot of rage going on in here. Everyone stop for a second and take a deep breath. *Gives Pocky to everyone* ^___^ Let's start a remedy here.

Don't be discouraged if you didn't win anything, there's always another con. There were a lot of super great costumes, if i was a judge i would have been tearing my hair out trying to make a decision about who won. Something i noticed about the judges, ALL of them had super awesome bitchin' costumes (lol--i felt very intimidated during hall cosplay judging ^^;) so they obviously know what they're doing and what to look for in a costume.

It's ok to be disappointed (hell--my brain didn't function AT ALL during the con since i'd stayed up 2 night and days before without sleep to finish those little teeny tiny details on my Summoner Yuna costume) but it's ok, just don't get hostile (and i'm definitely not incinuating anyone or pointing fingers, i'm just saying) and hey, we learn more from defeat than from victory, right?

Love and peace! ....and DONUTS TOO!

*~Yunie~*

Akezumante
06-22-2004, 03:43 PM
I want Coconut Pocky. I ran out. =(

freakyarcher
06-22-2004, 04:24 PM
i was not in entered in the masquerade and i believe i was too confused with the schedule on friday for the hallway cosplay...but if you saw me on saturday as lulu, what did you think of my costume? would i have had a shot at any awards? pics are up on my gallery.

Maester Seymour
06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
i was not in entered in the masquerade and i believe i was too confused with the schedule on friday for the hallway cosplay...but if you saw me on saturday as lulu, what did you think of my costume? would i have had a shot at any awards? pics are up on my gallery.

woo i met you in the dealers room when i wasn't in lucifer costume on saturday, we talked for a while about ur costume. it was cool ^_~ Lulu is such a cool char.

tempest_strife
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I saw you!!!! I started crying your costume was so beutiful. The belts were immaculate and the detail of the flowers of the edging was insane!!!

Akezumante
06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
I really loved your costume. One of the better Lulus I've ever seen. =D

Biku-Chan
06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Shaina! -cling- I was pretty shocked when we won that best skit award thinger. I was the Advent Children Tifa is anyone is wondering. Wheeeeee! And everybodies costumes were so pretty! WAAAAAAAAH! XD

Arenyth
06-23-2004, 01:23 AM
who saw me on saturday lifting the giant pocky to the camera? I hope that gets in the video.
But I didn't even bother staying to find out who won. Honestly, after being there for four hours, and then dealing with the crap that was there, I just left at 10. But congrats to anyone who won in the competition, I'm sure you all deserved it.

Goggle
06-23-2004, 07:45 AM
I didn't stay to see the contest or anything, but through looking around the site I noticed the the Cloud and Sephiroth (played by women) from FFVII Advent Children won Best Craftmanship. I saw those two in the bathroom at one point and I have to say your costumes were really good. I showed my brother the picture of you two and now he wants to be like Cloud 24/7. I don't know why. Oh well. Great job!

Evrae
06-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Biku-chan: Were you the Tifa who was talking about how Squaresoft needed better character designs? :toothy:

Evrae
06-23-2004, 02:38 PM

I saw you! ^^ I loved your costume.

ShoyesaiNoMiko
06-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Biku-chan: Were you the Tifa who was talking about how Squaresoft needed better character designs? :toothy:

No, that was me ^_^

Sorahana
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm glad people are starting to settle down about this. This is why I never enter costume contests. I'm afraid people will make harsh comments afterwards (such as with John's Seymour. I feel horrible that he had to go through that. It just sickens me that people would be so critical. I mean how many of you have entered a contest without or without help on a costume? The cosplay world is taking a turn for the worst in my opnion since people are being so damn critical ><) and I'm just not good enough for them anyway. But I hope everyone is over their opinions and can move on. There are tons of other cons out there that you can enter your costume in, so everyone calm down and move on. It's a contest. You win or you lose. Who cares? There's always other contests so let's stop acting like babies and move on with our lives. Thats all I have to say. Thank you and feel free to flame. me if you find what I have to say offensive or something along those lines because honestly I don't care. I said what I have to say.

Adella
06-23-2004, 05:32 PM

Wow. This really just hit below the belt for me. The girl who won second place has been one of my best friends since we were 15 years old. I can tell you right now that she worked incredibly hard on her costume, just as hard as anyone else in that contest, and it's incredibly meanspirited and unfair to say something like that.

Cyn
06-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, who thought? People with opinions that others don't agree with. What is this world coming to?

Sarcasm aside, if people have opinions, they have them. Nobody is going to agree, so, just let them express themselves and move on.

Sorahana
06-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Wow. This really just hit below the belt for me. The girl who won second place has been one of my best friends since we were 15 years old. I can tell you right now that she worked incredibly hard on her costume, just as hard as anyone else in that contest, and it's incredibly meanspirited and unfair to say something like that.

Sorry for that comment. It was due in part to my crappy attitude after AN. I'm sorry *bows* I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut and to keep my opinions to myself. Sorry about that Adella and I'm also sorry to your friend for the harsh comment I made.

And Cyn you are absolutely right. I wish cosplay was more comment friendly butt sometimes it turns into a bash fest which is just really sad.

Biku-Chan
06-23-2004, 07:02 PM
People can be real jerks, that's why I don't happen to like very many. But what's it matter when you know you're better then them. -Glomps all- No, I wasn't the one talking about how squaresoft needed better character designs... I was the one in the skit with the FF11 Mithra and Mistral from .hack. We were the Final Fantasy Hacked group. I got to kick the Mithra and scare Mistral... yay. ^.^

Akezumante
06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
CCAmanda, why did you use my question as an example? Did you read my apology? Did it not make sense? And after going through all that ... how can you say "But I'm not too thrilled about ..." I mean, c'mon, I thought this was over? I also personally apologized in a PM for anything I said too.

I'm sad you'd still bring it up ... I guess my sucking up wanting to knock a few teeth out for people assuming my intentions really meant nothing afterall?

Maester Seymour
06-23-2004, 10:23 PM
this thread is messed up. everyone needs to just can it with this whole thing. im definitely done coming back to this forum for a while but for whats its worth an was cool, thx for the time everyone. cya later.

tempest_strife
06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I didn't stay to see the contest or anything, but through looking around the site I noticed the the Cloud and Sephiroth (played by women) from FFVII Advent Children won Best Craftmanship. I saw those two in the bathroom at one point and I have to say your costumes were really good. I showed my brother the picture of you two and now he wants to be like Cloud 24/7. I don't know why. Oh well. Great job!

Waiiii!!!! I'm inspiring!!! Danke, danke!!! I actually saw a pic of us in the bathroom... was that yours?

LOL, your brother will probably have an easier time being a man than I did. Being binded was tight enough.... then Sephiroth decided to sit on me during the Final Fantasy cosplay shoot on Friday..... She got off when she realized I was having trouble breathing... -_-o... It was bad enough that she was sitting on my hands so I couldn't use them to get her off me, but she was also putting her full body weight on my chest....

At least it made for some interesting photos... Hehehehe...

Sorahana
06-24-2004, 08:41 AM
*comes in* I came to apologize. I'm sorry for all the harsh comments I made, for getting people pissed off, and just bringing the subject back up. So I hope you can all forgive me for what I did. *bows*

Ravien
06-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi :)

Yeah, I know I'm late...I just got back from NYC :P

Anyhoo...congrats to all the winners and nonwinners. I think you all did an awesome job, including the ones that didn't get the piece of paper. Making a costume is hard work so the fact that you put effort into making something you can call your own is worth recognition at least.

I love everybody so much ;_; ...no wonder people say I'm too nice :P

Good job everyone *claps*

~Ravien
2nd Place Craftsmanship - AnimeNext 2004

Chocochick
07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Congrats to all of the winners!

Ginnychan
07-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I just want to thank Chocochick for editing that last post. I unfortunately recieved an e-mailed copy of it, and it was completely and utterly unnecessary. particularly since the issue had been brought up and resolved over a week ago in another post.

visulstimultion
07-02-2004, 12:13 AM
i unfortunatly recieved an emailed copy of it as well and thank chocochick for editing it. i jsut people would jsut get over themselves. cosplay isn't about making a costume just for the purpose of winning an award. it's about having fun with something you love. *shrug* but that's just me.

Lost_Darkness
07-02-2004, 12:57 AM
I was unfortunate enough to have read that ill-written post and would like to say that it is a flat-out lie. That is in fact the seamstress that helped him with his costume, but I guarantee you that he was there during the whole thing helping out as well. He spent meticulous hours completing it before our eyes. Therefore, we found the post to be very offensive (especially to the Pyreflies) and we thank Chocochick for her editing. As was resolved before, he deserved the award, he won it, and that's it. Cosplay's not about winning, anyway. Very sorry for the uncalled confusion. If you wish to even ask the seamstress, you may and she will gladly verify that what I say is in fact the truth; he made his costume (only with a little help; everyone needs help their first time). I hope we end this discussion here.

And yes, congratulations to the winners!

Akezumante
07-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Uhm, again people, could you please READ my explanation of my intents! I'm not calling anyone a liar. You're the one who keeps making me look like an idiot for bringing it up ... and I guess you didn't even READ my apology about mis-interpreations of what I wanted to know. I didn't enter cosplay to win ... didn't think I was going to either. I was just asking because I remember on another forum him saying he had an awesome seamstress doing his costume and I was confused about the rules. Do you want to read all the posts now and call me rude?

Blah, I don't want to come to AnimeNEXT anymore if I'm not allowed to ask a question without like 10 people jumping on me without even knowing my intent. I really hate politics and I guess this convention is full of them. >.<;;

Flippy
07-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Gives giant pocky to all!!! (still can't believe they ran out of it so quick in the dealers room)...anyway calm down people...cosplay was in good showing at AN....if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it...unless it's a comment to improve the costume to make it better....let's play all nice nice kiddies.

Ginnychan
07-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Uhm, again people, could you please READ my explanation of my intents! I'm not calling anyone a liar. You're the one who keeps making me look like an idiot for bringing it up ... and I guess you didn't even READ my apology about mis-interpreations of what I wanted to know. I didn't enter cosplay to win ... didn't think I was going to either. I was just asking because I remember on another forum him saying he had an awesome seamstress doing his costume and I was confused about the rules. Do you want to read all the posts now and call me rude?

Blah, I don't want to come to AnimeNEXT anymore if I'm not allowed to ask a question without like 10 people jumping on me without even knowing my intent. I really hate politics and I guess this convention is full of them. >.<;;

Whoa, calm down. We weren't talking about you, everything was resolved there! Someone decided to resserrect the BS again using Chocochick's account - but she thankfully deleted it. It had nothing to do with your posts.

Maester Seymour
07-03-2004, 11:47 AM
I was unfortunate enough to have read that ill-written post and would like to say that it is a flat-out lie. That is in fact the seamstress that helped him with his costume, but I guarantee you that he was there during the whole thing helping out as well. He spent meticulous hours completing it before our eyes. Therefore, we found the post to be very offensive (especially to the Pyreflies) and we thank Chocochick for her editing. As was resolved before, he deserved the award, he won it, and that's it. Cosplay's not about winning, anyway. Very sorry for the uncalled confusion. If you wish to even ask the seamstress, you may and she will gladly verify that what I say is in fact the truth; he made his costume (only with a little help; everyone needs help their first time). I hope we end this discussion here.

And yes, congratulations to the winners!

under request of the seamstress who helped me with the main robe part, I would like to clarify a few things that this post says that are wrong.
i was not there during the making of the robe, that was her, yet I was always involved and talking to her about the processes and learning in myself. it was my first cosplay and learning is an important part of it too. i told her exactly what i told the judges, and she said that was perfectly fine, so there should be no more arguments on this thread after this post. even though the post is deleted i do want to say that the obi was cut hemmed lined and partially colored by me. the staff, i was there during the making, transferred designs onto wood for the top piece, im not allowed to use power tools so my uncle cut my design out for me, and the bottom two pieces are but a dowel rod and spindel, so he put all three pieces together there. I then hung and spray painted the piece. and thats the end of this thread, let it go, people.

now everyone take their nice otaku medicine. :drink: and ill see you all next year.

Ginnychan
07-03-2004, 11:59 AM
now everyone take their nice otaku medicine. :drink: and ill see you all next year.

That's the spirit! I'm very glad that you're not letting all the BS deflect you from going to AN or another con again. Keep on cosplaying! Practice makes perfect, my mother helped me a lot in my first few years of cosplaying, and watching her alter and sew things helped me learn the skills I use today in my costumes when I make them myself.

Mucho :heart: to you, and all the winners and participants. I'll be seeing you at Anime USA!

And my AN review and responses to posts are overdue...forgive me!

Maester Seymour
07-03-2004, 12:06 PM
That's the spirit! I'm very glad that you're not letting all the BS deflect you from going to AN or another con again. Keep on cosplaying! Practice makes perfect, my mother helped me a lot in my first few years of cosplaying, and watching her alter and sew things helped me learn the skills I use today in my costumes when I make them myself.

Mucho :heart: to you, and all the winners and participants. I'll be seeing you at Anime USA!

And my AN review and responses to posts are overdue...forgive me!

yeah, at first it did deflect me, figuring that everyone thought i was horrible and my reputation was ruined there, but i think after my explanation people can learn to put it behind them and move on. and..yay for anime usa! you should go post in that forum too ^_^

bee nekosama
07-03-2004, 02:41 PM
John, personally I loved your Seymour. I don't care who made it, but all I know is that you looked really good in it, and you deserve it. That's what some people should be worrying about... How good it can get. ^_^ On what you did do, you did a kickass job on it!!!!! I couldn't of said it better than myself. Being honest about it and having pride of what you have is the finishing touch to your costume to make it great... and that is what they say... is that. The end.

Akezumante
07-04-2004, 03:23 AM
Well Thank the stars. >.<;; See you next year.