PDA

View Full Version : Garden City Anime Festival 2005

Pages : [1] 2

Nagii
06-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Since basically some people posted other conventions in ON here, I though I would to. Next year, there will be a convention in St. Catharines, ON. Which is 1hr and 45 mins from Toronto, 15 mins from Hamilton/Niagara Falls and 5 mins from Niagara-On-the-lake.

It will be a 3 day convention, in a convention centre/hotel ( it has both). The dates and ticket prices haven't been showned yet, but there will be single/weekend admissions and it will be either early spring or during the summer.

It will have:

Dealers Room
Masquerade
Cosplay Contest
Artist Galleria
Guests (Canadian, American, Japanese)
Jpop/Jrock/Kpop/Canto-pop Dance
Hotel Discounts
Skit Contest
Asian Idol/concert
Gaming area
DDR Tournament/ DOA Tournament
Workshops
Panels
Single Day admission
Weekend admission
Charity Auction
Video Programming

All admission money will be donated to a local charity called RAFT. Which is a Drop in centre centre and crisis assistance for teens. http://www.vaxxine.com/raft/

There is a site for this convention. Sorry for the crappiness, our server kept crashing so this will do, until we fix it.

www.geocities.com/aaproductionsinc/convention.html

Hope to see you all there! ^^;

sasuke88
06-27-2004, 10:20 AM
This is GREAT

Cause I live in St. Catharines

hey

when are the dates for this convention, and where is it hosted

in the Sheraton suites??

IWantYouItachi
06-27-2004, 11:17 AM
OMG! ::clings to Sasuke:: You live in my area! You're the first one I've met! I live in Fort Erie! ^^

You should hang out will us at Cn Anime.

Amy the Yu
06-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Ahhh...I love southern Ontario. So many cons popping up now that we never need to worry about any shortages. XD

Forget travelling far and wide to find cons to go to, there's like what...7 cons in the area throughout the year now. O.O Most wonderful southern Ontario, how we love you for the abundance of cons.

IWantYouItachi
06-27-2004, 06:34 PM
There is a lot? I can't find any... ~.~; How far south? I'm in the Niagara Falls area.

Nagii
06-27-2004, 08:03 PM
^^; The con date hasn't been decided yet however it will be either mid april or in July. Were trying not to post it where we might have snow problems and around bigger conventions like Anime North. All this will be up on the site soon. Forgive the layout though, it's only temp until our server stops being mean. ^^;

sasuke88
06-28-2004, 09:51 AM
wow there are quite a few of you guys from the Niagara Region

That's great

is anyone here interested in NARUTO and going to CNanime 2004 in august as naruto or related character

just pm me or e-mail me

yu_fabian88@hotmail.com

Thanks

Nagii
06-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Umm.. A update that isn't on the site yet is that the convention will be hosted at Quality Hotel Parkway Conven. Ctr. in July 2005.

sasuke88
07-02-2004, 03:15 PM
that a long time away, but at least it like 10 mins away from where I live

What Kind of Guests do u expect do be searching, and who is incharge of orgainising the Con

is it independent or actually a group of people ??

Nagii
07-02-2004, 05:30 PM
It is a group of people. Our studio A & A Productions is working on it. We actaully are working on coverin costs to rent the place out. We have 2 dealers for sure already.

Hinata
07-05-2004, 12:26 AM
I live in Mississauga, but I go to St. Catherines regularly to visit my little sisters, so It's like my second home. She will be very excited, because she loves anime! I hope its not too expensive, though, since that side of the family is not at all well-off. ;_;

Nagii
07-05-2004, 12:44 AM
There are some prices flying around but alot seem to come up the same. So were aiming $20 single and $30 weekend. It will be official in Sept/Oct if that will be them.

Hinata
07-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Will you have children's rates? Some cons have lower prices for kids under 12, ect.

Nagii
07-05-2004, 12:54 PM
OK Updates here: It will be July 15-17 2005, Quality Hotel Parkway Convention Centre, St. Catharines. It will be $20 single, $ 35 weekend, $15 under 12. Events and other panels, workshops are posted on the site. There will be online registeration soon as well as online Artist form and online Masquerade form.

Go see the site for other info as well, the site is on the first post of this thread.

Schubuttercup
07-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Yippie Yip!

The more conventions the better, your site looks great and I can't wait to go. I just need to find how far St. Catharines is from North Bay. I filled in a Masquerade form and I'm gonna send it soon, so you guys better be checking your mailbox everyday until you get it. OoooooH I'm gonna like this, Anime North 2005, Northern Anime Festival 2005, Garden City Anime Festival 2005, CN 2005 and YAOI CON!

Babahbaba, I'm lovin this. ^_^

Nagii
07-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Yippie Yip!

The more conventions the better, your site looks great and I can't wait to go. I just need to find how far St. Catharines is from North Bay. I filled in a Masquerade form and I'm gonna send it soon, so you guys better be checking your mailbox everyday until you get it. OoooooH I'm gonna like this, Anime North 2005, Northern Anime Festival 2005, Garden City Anime Festival 2005, CN 2005 and YAOI CON!

Babahbaba, I'm lovin this. ^_^

TY for the nice comments. I am actually VERY excited to have this happening. It is in full blown work right now. I can't wait to see everyone from Cosplay.com that can make it there. I'll be Yue Ying, so make sure you stop by the Con Office, to say Hi!

**REmember, the site is updated regularly so look at if often. ^____^

Schubuttercup
07-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Your SOOOOOOOO Welcome. I just love Anime conventions, I'm a fanatic!

Schubuttercup
07-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Oops, me again, I just wanted to know If we can book hotels now and what kind of Eatery is around the area. I heard that eating at NAF was bad, but how is it at yours?

Jo_Canadian
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
eating at NAF wasnt bad it was a 2 mile hike to get to any where that sold food, so please make sure that there is something withing 5 minutes away

Nagii
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Well...I wouldn't say they were bad. Being I went. They were quite a distance being that I didn't even know where they were. I had never been to Oshawa before the NAF convention so It was abit bad for me. Depends on the person and if they knew where they were going and stuff.

I just wanted to know If we can book hotels now and what kind of Eatery is around the area.

You can book now. Hotel information is under the location section of the site.

Eating areas on Ontario Street (the street the Convention Centre is on) are : McDonalds, Burger King, Boston's Pizza, East Side Marios, Timothy's, JJ Kaps, Tim Hortons, CHEERS, Canton's Chinese Food, Magolia Chinese Food and a Wendy's. It's a business street that's why there's alot of food places in walking distance of the convention centre.

Um, if you are traveling from the Howard Johnson and Days Inn hotels to eat, which is on Lake St. There's a Tim Hortons, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, 7 11, Pizza Pizza, and a large mall down the street that has McDonalds, Subway,NY Fries, Garden Wok and Pizza Pizza.

Hope that was helpful.

Schubuttercup
07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Nice. I've never been to St. Catharines before...HEH no offence but I've never heard of this place before learning about the convention. Wow...that's alot of eating places. I'm gonna book my room tonight. ^_^

Nagii
07-23-2004, 11:41 AM
please make sure that there is something withing 5 minutes away

JJ Kaps, Tim Hortons, Boston's Pizza and Timothy's is right in the parking lot. Kinda like Kelsey's in the Raddison parking right beside the TCC. East Side Marios, Cheers, Burger King and Magolias are right across the street. There is least then 3min walk to McDonalds and Wendy's.

However, though Lake Street is the next street over, it is a 15-20 min walk from there to the convention centre. Wendy's is little then a min away from the Howard Johnson, 5min's for Pizza Hut, 10mins for 7-11 and Pizza Pizza, but the mall ( Fairview) is only 5mins from the Howard Johnson and 5mins from Days Inn.

I forgot to add there is a Kelsey's across the street from the Days Inn.

The Quality Hotel is at the convention centre. Day's in on YMCA Drive/Lake and Howard is on Lake, by ToyRus.

For more information about the hotel, that is not located on our site. The site ( the three hotels are owned by 3 brothers) is http://www.heartofniagarahospitality.com/

I'm gonna book my room tonight. ^_^

Days Inn and Howard Johnson are giving the same rates as the Quality I haven't posted that up there yet, but make sure you say you are attending the Garden City Anime Festival before you book. ^^;

SimiHe
07-23-2004, 03:03 PM
I was gonna put this under convention's planned, since I'm thinking of going, but Cosplay.com doesn't have the 2005 thingie up yet. I'll keep looking at the site and stuff until then though. I'm really wondering how this first con will be different then NAF's first con.

Nagii
07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm really wondering how this first con will be different then NAF's first con.

Well depends, I mean NAF was set up very nicely and ours will be set up differently. Being this is being held in totally different places. I was planning on putting it in a school, like NAF did, however it costed $100 a room and $200 an hr for gym use. Plus, not alot of people go to St. Catharines so some might not even go because this place is unheard of..... Bascially I think it'll be built on personal opinon like most conventions. All and All it's just all in good fun.

Brita_Lee
07-24-2004, 12:39 PM
I live just 15 minutes or so away from St. Catherines, and it surprised me that some people never heard of it. This being the case, I should warn all of you;
There is an Ontario street in St. Catherines, Beamsville and Grimsby, so be very aware of where you are. I get people coming down my street all the time asking where they are cause they get on the wrong turnoff thinking they are in one of the three cities.
So yeah, just some advise. I'm looking forward to this con!

Nagii
07-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I live just 15 minutes or so away from St. Catherines, and it surprised me that some people never heard of it. This being the case, I should warn all of you;
There is an Ontario street in St. Catherines, Beamsville and Grimsby, so be very aware of where you are. I get people coming down my street all the time asking where they are cause they get on the wrong turnoff thinking they are in one of the three cities.
So yeah, just some advise. I'm looking forward to this con!

That is good advice, I have put it on the site of which city this is in as well as in this thread ^^

Kaijugal
07-24-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm glad to see that there are other people working hard to try and get conventions, and particularly masquerades/costume contests/skit competitions going.

I'd like to make one suggestion. If this is the point system for judging the masquerade

Whether it is rehearsed or not--> 10pts
Clarity of Voice/voice tape-----> 5pts

Creativity------------------------> 10pts

Costume Bonus------------------> 5pts
Volume of Voice----------------> 5pts

That gives 30 points for the presentation portion of the entry and only 5 points for the costume itself. You should really advertise it as a Cosplay Skit Competition, and not a Masquerade since only 15% of the total mark is for the costume.

Nagii
07-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm glad to see that there are other people working hard to try and get conventions, and particularly masquerades/costume contests/skit competitions going.

I'd like to make one suggestion. If this is the point system for judging the masquerade

Whether it is rehearsed or not--> 10pts

Creativity------------------------> 10pts

Costume Bonus------------------> 5pts

That gives 30 points for the presentation portion of the entry and only 5 points for the costume itself. You should really advertise it as a Cosplay Skit Competition, and not a Masquerade since only 15% of the total mark is for the costume.

Oi, It seems there is something typo'd on the site, by our Masquerade Head, which she greatly is sorry for. This is the correction:

Whether it is rehearsed or not--> 5pts

Creativity------------------------> 15pts

Costume Bonus------------------> 20pts

It has been corrected on the site. Thanks, for finding them or it would of been gone unnoticed.

Zero_1369
07-25-2004, 07:42 PM
This looks great.. I am SO going. I only live about 15 from St. Catherines..

Nagii
07-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Another thing I am opening up in this thread is if there is anyone in Cosplay.com or know someone who would be interested in doing a panel or a workshop that has not been listed on the site. If you do wish this, please email our Extra Head at aaproductionsinc@yahoo.com with either Panel or Workshop in the subject line.

Kia
07-25-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd love to come, but GCAF is the SAME weekend as Toronto Trek next year. Bummer ... :(

Kaijugal
07-26-2004, 12:47 AM
I'd love to come, but GCAF is the SAME weekend as Toronto Trek next year. Bummer ... :(

Hm that counts me out as well. Ah well.

Jo_Canadian
07-26-2004, 11:54 AM
you know after looking at the pricings from t-trek this year there is no way in hell i am going to that next year. so GCAF here i come

SimiHe
07-26-2004, 07:52 PM
I've never liked Toronto Trek...I don't know It was just never really appealing.
HEY I booked my rooms at the Quality! As soon as the Online Registeration is up, I'll get one sent out! ^_^;

Nagii
07-27-2004, 03:35 PM
I thought this would be helpful, the purple triangles are food places and the Red star is the convention centre and the pink ones on Lake are the Holiday Inn and Howard Johnson.

ONTARIO STREET

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Nagii/untitleddgs.bmp

LAKE STREET

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Nagii/unitedfrtnj.bmp

SimiHe
07-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Sugoi! Thanks for the info! It would prove very useful.

Jo_Canadian
07-28-2004, 01:31 PM
yes quite so. in the immortal words of homer simpson "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm unprosessed fish sticks"

Schubuttercup
07-28-2004, 07:17 PM
LOL Hmm...donuts.

Nagii
07-29-2004, 12:28 PM
I love that Signature, SimiHe. Yummy DW Yaoi goodness.

neko rinchan
07-30-2004, 12:10 AM
how far is St. Catherine's from Ottawa?

hikarilight
07-30-2004, 01:06 AM
ooh... another con :D

not sure if i can actually go but i'll try my best to 'try' to attend~ it all depends on time and transportation for me, as well as money i guess ^^;;

Nagii
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Ottawa- 6hrs with good trafic

Mekou
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Just helpful suggestion, on the website under the "Locaton" section it simply says that GCAF is "July 2003" ^^ You should probably put the actual dates there (I know that the dates ARE there somewhere, but you have to do things as if people are very lazy XD)

I probably won't be able to make it fo this. =( But you still have my support! ^.^

SimiHe
07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
TYTY, I love my Sig too! ^_^; I am going to this con, since Toronto Trek isn't for me...mostly Sci Fi stuff.. I'll be going as Simi Yi so you better wave! Um..AND I am going to enter the Masquerade! MUWAhAHAHAHHAHHAHAHhAHAHAHA!!!

Schubuttercup
07-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Nanado, Does anyone know what the Masquerade awards are? OOooooh will there be souviers? Yummy gifties!

Oh I was wondering how much a normal convention centre rental is....my anime club is thinking of making one too....but i have no idea a regular cost...;-;

Nagii
07-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know what the Masquerade awards are

Beginner--->~ G.C.A.F. Champions,G.C.A.F. Best Costume Award,G.C.A.F Best Performance Award, ~ G.C.A.F. Platinum Award

Advanced-->G.C.A.F. Champions,G.C.A.F. Best Costume Award,G.C.A.F Best Performance Award, ~ G.C.A.F. Platinum Award

There are Red gold, White gold and Blue gold ribbions and the platium ribbion is white and silver.

OOooooh will there be souviers? Yummy gifties!

There will be GCAF tshirts plus convention bags and bag stuffers from bandai Entertainment

I was wondering how much a normal convention centre rental is....my anime club is thinking of making one too....but i have no idea a regular cost...;-;

The cost of convention centre rental we rented is $10,000.

SimiHe
07-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Wow...10,000 monies. Well anyway Good luck with your con, Schu. If you get it off the ground, I'll go. i'm gonna buy a tshirt...happy tshirt

Jo_Canadian
07-31-2004, 12:43 AM
have you guys figured out a entrance fee and have you guys put up an official hotel

Nagii
07-31-2004, 11:17 AM
entrance fee

On the website under Registeration

have you guys put up an official hotel

On the site under Location

Site-

Www.geocities.com/aaproductionsinc/convention.html

Jo_Canadian
07-31-2004, 01:40 PM
in the immortal words of bill and ted: EXCELLENT

Schubuttercup
07-31-2004, 02:09 PM
YUSH! I have booked at the Quality one since I don't want to walk far. You should post here when the online Reg is up, I'll fill one. I already did a Mas one but I will send them together.

Hinata
07-31-2004, 07:42 PM
My little sister wanted to enter the masquarade.. Does she HAVE to do a skit? She's really nervous, and wanted to know if she can just do a walk-on, instead. She only wants to be judged for the costume, since she worked hard on it.. will points be taken off for things I helped her out with?

JustinCredible
07-31-2004, 08:06 PM

Counts me out as well...

hopefully in the following years the cons will fall on different dates and the TT fanbase can support this con also!

Nagii
07-31-2004, 08:13 PM
My little sister wanted to enter the masquarade.. Does she HAVE to do a skit? She's really nervous, and wanted to know if she can just do a walk-on, instead. She only wants to be judged for the costume, since she worked hard on it.. will points be taken off for things I helped her out with?

After a hour long conversation with our Masquerade head- Gina. You don't have to. To everyone who is planning a walk on, Cross out the performance type and place 0.0 under the performance time. This will show us you are doing a walk on. The reason the form doesn't say it, because the majority is a skit of somewhat. if your sister wishes and to anyone on cosplay.com that will be attending and want to do a walk on, on the online form CROSS OUT PERFORMANCE AND PLACE 0.0 ON THE PERFORMANCE LINE.

I don't know why, but I am gonna fix it, but if your sister, is in the beginner category and she gets help, there will be no marks taken of. It will be changed shortly. However if in Advance, there will be some but only .5 things..nothing major.

Gomen nasai!!!

SimiHe
07-31-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd love to come, but GCAF is the SAME weekend as Toronto Trek next year. Bummer ...

Seriously, where did that info come from? Don't worry Nagii, kinda think about it there's always gonna be con's going on the same day , theres just to many. Plus, according to Anime-cons.com your con was put there first and the TT one isn't even up yet.

I'm bringing my Anime club in a school bus to your con, Nagii. I like going to new con's plus...I love ribbions....I am gonna enter your mas and THEN I'm gonna win one. I love them more then Rosettes like they have at AN. More pretty.

Another thing, I have a friend who wants to be on the Artist Galleria, is there an online form up somewhere?

Kia
07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Seriously, where did that info come from? Don't worry Nagii, kinda think about it there's always gonna be con's going on the same day , theres just to many. Plus, according to Anime-cons.com your con was put there first and the TT one isn't even up yet.

I originally posted that because I wanted to appologize for not being able to support GCAF fully by being there in person. I really would love to, as I believe in suporting newly developing cons, as the last thing I would want is for ANY con to go under. Unfortunatly the summer months are the height of con season and I have previous comitments for Toronto Trek 19 already. And probably the reason why Toronto Trek is not listed on Anime-cons.com is because it's a sci-fi convention and not an anime one, which is probably why it doesn't interest many of the cosplayers on this board. But sci-fi is my first love, and it's the only full fleged sci-fi con in Toronto. I appologize if I sound defencive, but I just wanted to clarify.

Anyways, I wish you luck with your con and can't wait to hear about it when it's all said and done. ^_^

Schubuttercup
07-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Geez.. I made some out of town friends on this thread o.o; But anyways, SimiHe stop being a suck up it's like your trying to smooch something like a free pass or what not >.>;;

Wow..10,000 dollars that's alot of money $_$ that's more then I make a year.

Jo_Canadian
07-31-2004, 10:42 PM
yea ten gs is a whole lotta money

Schubuttercup
07-31-2004, 10:44 PM
stupid Mcdonalds...cheap bums.

Hmm.. You know what, I think I'll do my Miyavi for this con.

Nagii
07-31-2004, 11:29 PM
That...is just for rental. We also have to pay for the ribbons,badges, program guides, and screen rentals.

Jo_Canadian
07-31-2004, 11:57 PM
if i could get my big screen outa my house i would bring it but that requires effort that i dont posses and also my dad noticing it was missing

Nagii
08-01-2004, 12:02 AM
LOL Thanks Jo, but don't stress yourself ^_^; There's still a month of summer left.

Jo_Canadian
08-01-2004, 12:05 AM
why not use a projection system, like have a laptop with a dvd drive with a projection system, would probably cost less

Nagii
08-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Good idea. You know I never thought of that....neither did our AV Crew... I wonder why I feed them for.. X.x

Jo_Canadian
08-01-2004, 12:15 AM
lol if you need some A/V help i can help you out i do it for my school

Nagii
08-01-2004, 12:24 AM
OK thanks. I took note of that.

Jo_Canadian
08-01-2004, 12:29 AM
it would be a similar idea if you plan on having a j pop dance, instead of switching cd to cd have a comp with a very very very large song library hooked up to the speakers through the control board, again saving money on the stereo equipment

Schubuttercup
08-01-2004, 07:04 PM
It seems Jo is sucking butt trying to get a freebie as well >.>

Mekou
08-01-2004, 07:56 PM
>> it would be a similar idea if you plan on having a j pop dance, instead of switching cd to cd have a comp with a very very very large song library hooked up to the speakers through the control board, again saving money on the stereo equipment

Er..not a very good idea. We tried that at NAF and but so many things went wrong with it. <_< Unless you are able to get in at least a day before the con and have whoever will be working the equipment to test and make sure their comfortable, I'd stick with the CDs.

Nagii
08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
>> it would be a similar idea if you plan on having a j pop dance, instead of switching cd to cd have a comp with a very very very large song library hooked up to the speakers through the control board, again saving money on the stereo equipment

Er..not a very good idea. We tried that at NAF and but so many things went wrong with it. <_< Unless you are able to get in at least a day before the con and have whoever will be working the equipment to test and make sure their comfortable, I'd stick with the CDs.

I'm gonna have to talk about it with my AV Head and my Dance Head to see how he and She want to do the whole thing. Through I will suggest these ideas with them ^_^

Jo_Canadian
08-02-2004, 09:26 PM
you just have to get a better sound board and maybe some people who know what they are up to. i mean if you hook the comp up through a stereo amplifier, like the one you would use for your home stereo system it would work better

Jo_Canadian
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
and i aint kissing butt

Kaijugal
08-02-2004, 09:32 PM

I think Kia was pointing it out because Toronto Trek is being held in close proximity on the same weekend. Sure there will always be conventions on the same weekends, however not a mere hour/hour 1/2 away from each other. The organizers may not have realized that, and I'm sure some of us would like to have attended both. ( ! ) It was a heads up, no need for you to be strident. As for TT being on Anime-Cons.com, It's not strictly an anime con, it's a Media Con, meaning all media fandom. They do however have a very , very good masquerade, I'd be confident in saying the best one in Ontario.

SimiHe
08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Oh well. Anyways, Nagii in your best opinon which hotel is better to stay in?

Nagii
08-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Depends where you wish to go. Holiday Inn and Howard Johnson is like 15mins away, a street over. The Quality Hotel is at the convention centre and the Travelodge is just down the street

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 04:49 PM
man i just hope i have money enough to get a hotel room

Nagii
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm actually glad there as cheap as their are. At AN It costed me $402 for 3 nights, luckily I still had 234 to spend.

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
well if i am gonna go i am gonna need to probably split a room with someone

Schubuttercup
08-03-2004, 09:33 PM
I booked one even though I have no idea if I'll have enough after AN, but if I had enough after AN 04 for the con's in the states, I think I'll be ok even though I live on a MCdonalds salary. I mean If I don't book and it's tooken up I'll have to book with one with no deal and I bet their more money. ;-; The lady on the phone at the Quality was quite nice though.

^_^ It's gonna be ok even if I have to go without food for 3days.

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 11:55 PM
you learn to will yourself not be hungry and if anyone wants to split a room pm me

Schubuttercup
08-04-2004, 12:05 AM
At Yaoi-con 03 I survived on water bottles and a sandwich baggy of miniwheats cause I didn't have enough for food.

SimiHe
08-04-2004, 06:38 PM
At Yaoi-con 03 I survived on water bottles and a sandwich baggy of miniwheats cause I didn't have enough for food.

Holy poo stain, Well....I have alot of cupons for Boston's Pizza so I'll live off of that. :woah:

Nagii
08-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah, at AN I had my parents there and they supported my Food Department.

Yeha! I'm so happy, I just put the downpayment down on the convention centre. It's now 1000% GCAFs for that weekend.

Schubuttercup
08-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Horray! Good job, Nagii. I already booked I'm so happy

Nagii
08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
TY Schu. I'm kinda worrying about it now, seeing that TT19 has booked theres the same days as ours and TT19 is alot bigger and known. ;-;

Jo_Canadian
08-06-2004, 12:33 AM
dont worry nagi i will be there

Nagii
08-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks a bunch Jo and everyone else for their support. I know it's gonna be tought, but you all convinced me that's it's gonna be ok.

Kia
08-06-2004, 12:42 AM
TY Schu. I'm kinda worrying about it now, seeing that TT19 has booked theres the same days as ours and TT19 is alot bigger and known. ;-;
If I were you I wouldn't worry much, as it seems most people on this board are more anime fans than sci-fi fans. Toronto Trek has their loyal fan base, all you need to do is start developing one of your own. You have a lot of room to grow, and with good planing and just as great of a turn out you should be able to work on that fan base in coming years.

BTW - Toronto Trek announced their dates for next year the day before you posted yours on this thread (the con ran this year from July 2nd-4th). So it was just a coincidence. No one knew about each other.

Schubuttercup
08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
If I were you I wouldn't worry much, as it seems most people on this board are more anime fans than sci-fi fans. Toronto Trek has their loyal fan base, all you need to do is start developing one of your own. You have a lot of room to grow, and with good planing and just as great of a turn out you should be able to work on that fan base in coming years.

Yeah, I doubt AN started out with a whooping 8,000 people during their first year. All you need is to fill out up the rooms that hotels gave ya and next year it'll be even bigger, no doubt in my mind.

Kia
08-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I doubt AN started out with a whooping 8,000 people during their first year. All you need is to fill out up the rooms that hotels gave ya and next year it'll be even bigger, no doubt in my mind.
Honestly, I think the first two years Anime North was just a dalers room. It was probably closer to last November's TAC than anything.

Schubuttercup
08-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Wow, all I knew it was only 1 day and it started in 1997

SimiHe
08-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Yup every con has to start somewhere o.o;

Jo_Canadian
08-07-2004, 09:39 PM
ah well better somewhere then no where. as long as you have some fun while your at it

SimiHe
08-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Yush! Do not get discourage there staff of GCAF ^_^

Michi
08-08-2004, 06:21 PM
... So yeah anyway ... XD I'd like to check this out next year. As long as it's late in July like this year was, I can make it.. since I plan on attending Anime Expo next year too. @_@;

Nagii
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
^_^ TY TY minna!

So yeah anyway ... XD I'd like to check this out next year. As long as it's late in July like this year was, I can make it.. since I plan on attending Anime Expo next year too. @_@;

Dates are at the begining of this thread and on the website.

Michi
08-08-2004, 11:43 PM
The beginning of the thread said the dates hadn't been picked. x_x The website doesn't have anything but 2005 either, unless I'm missing something.

Nagii
08-09-2004, 12:13 AM
The Website does, it's under Reg.

Michi
08-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Shouldn't date information be on the front of the website? ^_^;;

But hm.. mid July.. If we have enough money after we get back from AX, my boyfriend and I will be able to attend. We'll see. ^^

Nagii
08-09-2004, 12:29 AM
It was there, but evil Geocities took it off for some reason, I'll correct it.

Jo_Canadian
08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
why not try setting up an account on like yahoo or friendpages or something like that

Nagii
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Geocities is Yahoo

Aetherna
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Well firstly, I'd like to say hello to all you Ontarians out there :)

I live in Vaughan, and after reading about GCAF, I'd very much like to attend if possible... money being the evident issue.

As for your webhosting worries (Geocities = teh suck.)... Would you be able to set aside $5US a month for a proper website (subdomain=$5US)? I found a webhost that is pretty cheap and may be worth a look? The url is found here. (http://www.rydia.net) I'm actually considering getting a subdomain there, and thought it'd be worth a mention to you. Heck, if I do get a subdomain, I wouldn't mind making GCAF a site, although it would fall under my subdomain.

If you need a hand, let me know.

- Aetherna Ebondawn.

SimiHe
08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey Nagii, I've never been to St. Catharines before and I heard it's all farm land, could you give me an outlook of the city?

Nagii
08-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey Nagii, I've never been to St. Catharines before and I heard it's all farm land, could you give me an outlook of the city?

Um well... St. Catharines is split into 6 parts. Port Weller, Meritton, Main St. Catharines, Downtown St. Catharines, Farm St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie. Ah, according to the sign that says Welcome to St. Catharines we have a population of 127,000 people.

We host many famous events such as Grape and Wine Festival, Henry Renatta Rowing Championships, some Golf championships, boat conventions and Cogeco Cable was born here. Um we are also the ending site for the Underground Railroad.

We are 15 mins from Hamilton, 5 mins from Niagara on the Lake and 10 mins from Niagara Falls. We have everyone but a anime store and a admusement park. Oh and we house Women's Place, Niagara District School Board and Wise Guys. ( So I've heard)

Um, we have a popluar Ship Building called Port Weller Dry Docks... and if you need anything else about St. Catharines just go see our site at:

www.stcatharines.ca

^_^

Schubuttercup
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Henry Renatta Rowing Championships

Holy Poo! I know where that is! I did my highschool rowing championship there abit back. Ok, I know where I am going for this convention now ^_^

Jo_Canadian
08-11-2004, 09:53 PM
hey i know this may sound stupid but,,,,,,,,,,i need someone to share a room with, i'm quite i'm clean and i dont eat much.

Schubuttercup
08-11-2004, 11:49 PM
hey i know this may sound stupid but,,,,,,,,,,i need someone to share a room with, i'm quite i'm clean and i dont eat much.

...Hmm..Do I want to share with you...Well, I can't let you know at this moment, Jo. Cause I got to see how many I'm taking from home.

kenhidaka
08-11-2004, 11:57 PM
yay another con. I gotta get on here more often -_-; and so close to me ^_^. I'll remember to save some cash for there too when it rolls around. I hope you get a DJ that takes requests and actually plays them (not gonna mention which cons have not done any of my requests and they were easy ones -_-)

Nagii
08-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Just alittle notice---> We are still looking for panels and workshops, information of ones that are already there are on the site. Contact us.

Anyone here that is a Media representive or whatnot and wish to cover the con, please email Becky at aaproductionsinc@yahoo.com ^_^;

SimiHe
08-13-2004, 12:37 PM
TY for the info, Nags

dani
08-14-2004, 02:12 AM
I'm sure you guys are organizing everything properly. Just to pull from past experiences I think it's VERY important to advertise OUTSIDE of the "hard-core" cosplaying circuit. Something I noticed at the Oshawa con last month (where I was both a panelist and a vendor) is that you can't fill a con with just the "usual suspects". Lots of innocent passerbys are needed to crowd aisles, pack panels and keep vendors busy.

Just an unsolicited thought...

Dani

Kia
08-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Building off of what Dani suggested. Perhaps handing out flyers for your con with the date, location and website address at CN would be a good way to advertise.

Nagii
08-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm sure you guys are organizing everything properly. Just to pull from past experiences I think it's VERY important to advertise OUTSIDE of the "hard-core" cosplaying circuit. Something I noticed at the Oshawa con last month (where I was both a panelist and a vendor) is that you can't fill a con with just the "usual suspects". Lots of innocent passerbys are needed to crowd aisles, pack panels and keep vendors busy.

Building off of what Dani suggested. Perhaps handing out flyers for your con with the date, location and website address at CN would be a good way to advertise.

Thank you for the suggestions. Our Marketing Staff is working on advertising posters, pamplets and flyers as we speak. We are planning on advertising in all the schools in the Niagara Region with the school boards help. We are also going to do some at CN, Paracon, Yaoi-con, MTAC and Anime North 05. As of business help in advertising, the Convention Centre's owner, who also owns all the JJkaps, Timothys, Holiday Inns and Howards Johnsons will be placing our flyers in every hotel in ON and northern-eastern areas of the states.

We are also looking into local TV, Radio and newspapers to help as well. We have ads on anime-cons.com, cosplay.com, cosplaylab.com and Deviantart. Another good thing is sponsors place events they are sponsoring on their websites and their flyers.

I'm just happy advertising it well is not gonna be a problem. I'm more worried about dealers.

Jo_Canadian
08-15-2004, 12:45 AM
have you tried 1 000 000 comix, the silver snail, the hairy tarantula..the some mainstream ones....see what they say. if need be it write out a proposal and i will deliver it to them

Schubuttercup
08-15-2004, 07:38 PM
If you wish, you can send me a flyer. I'll photocopy them and hang them up around town!

Jo_Canadian
08-15-2004, 08:53 PM
there you go nagii, free advertising

SimiHe
08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm gonna enter the Tshirt contest ^_^

Nagii
08-16-2004, 08:05 PM
have you tried 1 000 000 comix, the silver snail, the hairy tarantula..the some mainstream ones....see what they say. if need be it write out a proposal and i will deliver it to them

If you wish, you can send me a flyer. I'll photocopy them and hang them up around town!

SANKYUU!

I'm gonna enter the Tshirt contest ^_^

YATTA! :dance:

SimiHe
08-18-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm going I'm going. I just booked myself...well my dad did. So bascially that's 8 people coming to your convention, cause my family is really big. Oh I booked at Travelodge. ^_^

kenhidaka
08-19-2004, 09:33 PM
I can always ask my local comic shops if they can help fill up some vendor slots for you. If it's close by I don't think they mind the drive. ^_^

SimiHe
08-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Hmm. I doubt it'll be hard to fill venders, come on..they make money doing it. What company doesn't like making money?

Mekou
08-19-2004, 10:02 PM
>> Hmm. I doubt it'll be hard to fill venders, come on..they make money doing it. What company doesn't like making money?

Some vendors are just jerks. ^^ There were a couple vendors we tried getting for NAF, but they didn't want to have anything to do with a con that was "doomed to failure" <-- exact words. O_<; Ouch...

But you really don't need those types of people anyway. ^^

...I wish we had this kind of public support. o_o Maybe next year? ^_^!

SimiHe
08-19-2004, 11:08 PM
If that me and they said that I would doom their business >.< how totally uncalled for. Like they can't say that if they didn't want to help because if they didn't notice alot of people just attend cons for the dealers room...

Nagii
08-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Hm Yes that is pretty cold.

Schubuttercup
08-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Well maybe those Dealers were uh..Cn supporters? I don't know, don't ask. Anyways, I think you'll be alright. I mean once they seen what this con and other newbie cons can do they will be wanting to jump on the band wagon.

SimiHe
08-22-2004, 08:51 PM
That is true and that's what always happens. They say things now but once it becomes something, they'd with they were part of the action.

Nagii
08-23-2004, 11:50 PM
That's what I was told to by my Dad about Sponsors. They don't get this whole Anime thing and won't help out but they would glady take the clients. My Dad said once they see how popular these events are, they would be wanting in on the whole thing in 2006.

Schubuttercup
08-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah I hate that. Businesses are money hungry.

SimiHe
08-26-2004, 05:46 PM
I have decided in doing Sun Shao for this convention.

Schubuttercup
08-27-2004, 12:17 AM
I am cosplaying on Fri- Zhou Yu Sat- Mitsuhide Akechi and Sun- Utada Hikaru

Hinata
08-29-2004, 07:18 PM
I will be attending with my sister, Erin. She'll be Fuu, and I'll be Shizune. ^^;
Sara might come, as well, if I can get her cosplay done in time. (Ino from Naruto)

Hinata
08-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Ah, I can help advertise, if you don't mind. By word of mouth, mostly, but still. ^^;
If there's anything I can do to help out, just ask! I'll probably write a letter to my local newspapers, as well. ^o^

Schubuttercup
08-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I am bringing Shawn and Rachel who you met at CN, Nags. I am also dragging my highschool's Anime Club of 35 members ^_^; I called our dude today and he was dancing so he says, but of cause I couldn't see him! ^_^;

SimiHe
08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I will be there with my family which is big. Hey Schu, how come you can go to so many conventions and why?

Brita_Lee
08-31-2004, 02:24 PM
I told my friend who lives in St. Catherines about this con and she is excited. She's been tellin' her friends aswell, so word of mouth is just as powerful. She'll be my hotel, teehee.

Nagii
08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
I am working on getting some Japanese Guests at the moment, The Japan-Canada fund is gonna help us out so I can see who we can get, so don't get to excited yet.

AkumaRaven
09-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Nice post Nagii. ^^ I'm a fellow staff member of the GCAF for those of you who don't know. I'm in charge of the Masquerade.

My friend from England, and two friends from Japan are planning to come to the GCAF. They told me to let you know that they plan on bringing thier families as well. I also have a group of friends in the USA who have told me they will be there. ^^

SimiHe
09-01-2004, 06:17 PM
-prods Akuma- Aaa...nice. Hey Does anyone know how you sign up for panels or workshops?

Schubuttercup
09-01-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm am so excited, I hope you guys good luck with getting guests!

Hey Schu, how come you can go to so many conventions and why?

I take alot of risks. My family isnt very rich with money giving because of the many siblings, but with risks we can. For An 2004, We had to live off of Granola bars and banana's to afford Dealers room stuff and registeration. Even with College fees and my job it's still tight. You know you have to also pay for hotel, and gas.

I like going to all conventions because it shows support. Fan support is what makes a con grow and get better, if their is no support the con will die and I really don't want that to happen. Compare the states to Canada's conventions and you will see they have alot of fan support. If Northern Anime Festival and Garden City Anime Festival fail it wouldn't be the staff's fault because they are doing something they love but the fans of anime because they were not showing support to something they love.

Where ever there's a new con, I will be there even if I have to walk and camp. I have to show support to new conventions and even old ones. It takes alot to make a con and we have to show that all their work isn't in vain. Anime and Manga is a growing pop culture that needs to show it's mightly muscle. I think everyone should take their part in flexing it.

^_^ Sankyuu!

Nagii
09-02-2004, 07:01 PM
You have a great view and your very convincing, Schu. Have you ever thought of writing?

SimiHe
09-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh I see. Well I can't wait to meet all of you finally! We should all do something at the convention, maybe DDR or DOA...Oi! The volleyball!

Nagii
09-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Yes the volleyball will be quite interesting

AkumaRaven
09-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I'd like to do the Volleyball too, except for the fact that I will be wearing a very short skirt... Oh well! =^.^=

Straywind
09-04-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be going to this con yet. It might be nice to go to one that's in such a lovely part of the province. (^^) I'll have to see how busy my summer is looking when we get into 2005.

Nagii
09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
To SimiHe, if you have a panel or workshop idea you wish to do, then just email our head office, aaproductionsinc@yahoo.com with Panel or Workshop in the subject. Make sure you write the title and a brief intro so we can put it on the site.

Jo_Canadian
09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
i still need someoen to stay with, even if i am forced to sleep in a bathtub i will do it, i have done it before

Schubuttercup
09-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Sorry Joe, I'm filled up.

Jo_Canadian
09-06-2004, 01:04 AM
*wimpers* anyone else who is going i can stay with

SimiHe
09-06-2004, 07:44 PM
No doubt when other's start to talk about GCAF as it comes closer to July, someone will have room for you Jo.

Nagii
09-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah, maybe others who aren't even on Cosplay.com

Jo_Canadian
09-07-2004, 09:07 PM
............so i should start advertising for the con and also that i need a place to stay?.................

Kitchen
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I am going but I won't be staying in a hotel. I'm gonna set up a camp nearby and stuff.

Nagii
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds like fun, Kitchen

Schubuttercup
09-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Camping o.O;;; But anyways..does anyone else notice....I killed everyone on this thread...........

-sniffles- Ever since I put that comment about Anime Fandom, no one but a few have actually kept posting in here ;-; I'm sad now, I think I offended someone. Gomen Nasai, Nagii and Akurma I killed off all the people, punish me if you will...Gah..I'm such a bad person T______________T;

SimiHe
09-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Aww. Don't cry, Schu. I doubt it was you don't be so hard on yourself. ^_^; put a smile on!

Kitchen
09-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah well, it's cheap

Jo_Canadian
09-12-2004, 09:12 PM
you know kitchen i was thinking about doing that but unless its well hidden i would be afraid of having my stuff stolen

Nagii
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Sleep in your car?

Jo_Canadian
09-13-2004, 03:35 PM
i dont have a car........thanks for the reminder *cries in the corner in the fetal position*

Nagii
09-13-2004, 09:07 PM
;-; Sorry............ I didn't meean to offend -gives a flower- Forgive me?

Jo_Canadian
09-13-2004, 09:32 PM
its ok....i'm still trying to save my money to get one....but i know i wont have one by the time GCAF rolls around

Nagii
09-13-2004, 11:53 PM
It's ok, I don't even drive yet e.e; afraid to

SimiHe
09-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Ok questions!

1. What type of music are you playing at the dance (types and some lists of artist or bands)

2. Where do you sign up for the Volleyball and Handball?

3. Will there be Japanese and English screening?

4. Will you get to do Karate or just watch (workshop)

5. Will there be program guides in bags with goodies?

6. How many rooms is this convention?

ANSWER! ASAP

Nagii
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
1. What type of music are you playing at the dance (types and some lists of artist or bands)

This is a Jpop, Jrock, Kpop, Cantopop, Cantorock,Taipop dance.

Bands we will be playing include: Twomix, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Megumi H, BoA, Kelly Chen, Coco Lee, Ken Hirai, TM Revolution, X Japan, Keiko, Cheiko, Mew Ayaka, Gackt, Dir En Grey, Aaron Kwok, Faye Wong, Koda Kumi, Graviation, Sailormoon, Hama Chisaki, Erin Cheung, Pencillian, Namie Amuro, Verbal, Se7en, Baby VOX, SeeSaw, Yoki Kumgami,Keiko Kitagawa, Sawaii Myu, Morning Musume, DREAM, Excile, Pretear, Saiyuki, Escaflowne, Love Hina, Project Weiß, Minwoo, Speed, Kenshin, Bonnie Pink, Dong Bang Shin Ki, J, Lee Hyori,
Shyne, Do As Infinity, Kuraki Mai, Malice Mizer, Deux des Quartz, L'Arc en Ciel
X, Luna Sea, Seraphim, Magic Knight Rayearth, IntialD, the brilliant green, TommyFeb6,Shiina Ringo, Puffy Amifumi, Eriko Imai, Pretty Guardian Sailormoon, SMAP and various other animes and games.

There are over 4,000 orginals, remixs and duets to request from.

2. Where do you sign up for the Volleyball and Handball?

These events can be signed up for in the registration room.

3. Will there be Japanese and English screening?

Yes. There will be one video room for Japanese screening of anime and one for English, the rooms are right beside each other and both come with surround sound.

4. Will you get to do Karate or just watch (workshop)

Yes you will be able to do it. The guest doing it, will show you a techinque and let you perform it with others, the workshop is an hour or so long, so you will learn alot of karate for fun and even for defense.

5. Will there be program guides in bags with goodies?

Yes there is. In the bags you will find a nice program guide with cupons and the entire list of events and where and when they will be on. There will also be infomation about guests, events,panels and workshops. As well as rules and what not. Goodies are provided by Bandai Entertainment in the bags as well as the bags themselves.

6. How many rooms is this convention?

This convention will be in 30 rooms that are carpeted, air condition and was just remodeled with chandielles hanging from the ceiling. The atuim room, is a long hallway connecting the biggest rooms with lined with glass windows, couches, chairs and is a perfect place for cosplay pictures.

Hope that helps.

Schubuttercup
09-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Twomix, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Megumi H, BoA, Kelly Chen, Coco Lee, Ken Hirai, TM Revolution, X Japan, Keiko, Cheiko, Mew Ayaka, Gackt, Dir En Grey, Aaron Kwok, Faye Wong, Koda Kumi, Graviation, Sailormoon, Hama Chisaki, Erin Cheung, Pencillian, Namie Amuro, Verbal, Se7en, Baby VOX, SeeSaw, Yoki Kumgami,Keiko Kitagawa, Sawaii Myu, Morning Musume, DREAM, Excile, Pretear, Saiyuki, Escaflowne, Love Hina, Project Weiß, Minwoo, Speed, Kenshin, Bonnie Pink, Dong Bang Shin Ki, J, Lee Hyori,
Shyne, Do As Infinity, Kuraki Mai, Malice Mizer, Deux des Quartz, L'Arc en Ciel
X, Luna Sea, Seraphim, Magic Knight Rayearth, IntialD, the brilliant green, TommyFeb6,Shiina Ringo, Puffy Amifumi, Eriko Imai, Pretty Guardian Sailormoon, SMAP and various other animes and games.

Yippie! The dance is a must. Most likely I'll meet a cute guy there and dance the night away in style.

Nagii
09-15-2004, 07:22 PM
^_^; I think there even gonna be a Laker Cheerleader presentation at the Opening Cemories.

Kitchen
09-15-2004, 10:10 PM
O_O @ Cheerleaders

Jo_Canadian
09-15-2004, 10:11 PM
how did you manage to get the laker cheerleaders...also kitchen is it ok if i set up a tent in your area

Kitchen
09-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Sure, knock yourself out.

SimiHe
09-15-2004, 11:50 PM
I request that there be not Dragonball or anything of that series at this dance.. PLEASE!

Nagii
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
O_O;; sick of it already?

My highschool is called Lakeport Lakers

Schubuttercup
09-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Yay! I can't wait for this to take place.

Kitchen
09-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Can I request some Glay?

SimiHe
09-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Oooh Glay. DBZ music....is annoying me now.

Schubuttercup
09-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Yay you guys have a guest ^_^ - looks at website-

Nagii
09-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes, Les Major has confirmed to come ^_^;

SimiHe
09-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Oooh I wanted to meet him at AN, but I couldn't x.x;

Konrad-Chan
09-19-2004, 01:18 AM
Although I can't give any guarantees, I likely will attend this convention if I'm available.

SimiHe
09-19-2004, 01:21 AM
I like your box Konrad.

Hey I have a question!!!!

Will the music be out of date stuff or will there be alot of new ones that not many have heard yet?

Nagii
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Music ranges from 1999 and over.

Schubuttercup
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Will you guys be showing Advent Children?

Kitchen
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
That would be a good idea

Jo_Canadian
09-21-2004, 03:19 PM
that is an uber sweet idea

Nagii
09-21-2004, 08:42 PM
The Japanese verison yes and the english a maybe. Though Square has confimed it's release will be in May 2005 in NA we can only hope. Though we do have an imported Japanese verison curosty of Leisya Minako our Japanese coworker.

Jo_Canadian
09-21-2004, 09:10 PM
SWEEEEETTTTTTT *happy dances*

SimiHe
09-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Excellent! I claim a front seat!

Schubuttercup
09-22-2004, 10:23 PM
-dances- I'm gonna see AC..I'm gonna see AC

>_>;;;; Reno...*drool*

AkumaRaven
09-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Nanado, Does anyone know what the Masquerade awards are? OOooooh will there be souviers? Yummy gifties!

I'm in charge of the Masquerade for the convention. Right now I'm working on getting some prizes. Anyone have any ideas for possible prizes? I'll see what i can do.

SimiHe
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
GCAF here I come -sings-

Kitchen
09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Is there a Video Programming list up yet and if not will you give the timbits on what you will be showing and how it will be set up?

SimiHe
09-24-2004, 02:34 PM
How about when online reg will be up >_>;;

Ochika
09-24-2004, 02:41 PM
im the NAF masqurade director, and at our con Bandi sent us a bunch of stuff soe we saved a few prizes for best in show and workmanship, but seeing as we had a small budget everyone else got a certificate, but next year we're thinking of buying some of those japanese koi wind socks to give out ^_^v uber cuteness. so i sudjest sinc its a first year con and you dont know how many people will be in the masq ( we only had 7 groups, and like 2o people all together x.x) i would sugest simply getting some small cheep prizes, like ribons and stuff. >.>

SimiHe
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
umm... I will just like to point out to those discussing about prizes (Akuma, Ochika, Schu, Kitchen) Umm back a few pages ago, Nagii said they were getting ribbons for the vent o_O;; just wanted to point that out...don't get mad at me!

Ochika
09-24-2004, 04:40 PM
XD well i havent been reading this so i just saw the post and just decided to post ^_^v give my two cents on prizes for masqs

Schubuttercup
09-24-2004, 11:56 PM
SimiHe and Kitchen rushie rushie? It's only Sept...it's not even 2005 yet, don't rush them. >_>;;; -puts them in a cooler-

Nagii
09-25-2004, 12:13 PM
First I would just like to say...............Ribbions are not cheap...well not here anyway but were getting them. >.<;;;

Is there a Video Programming list up yet and if not will you give the timbits on what you will be showing and how it will be set up?

Yeah yes there will be. At the moment we have-> Gravitation,Weiss Kreuz, Gluhen, Fruits Baskets, Escaflowne the movie, Utena the movie,Love Hina,Magic Knight Rayeath, Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden, Fushigi Yuugi, PGSM, Sailormoon 1,2,3, Saiyuki, Gravi OVA, Princess Monouke, Kiki's, Spirited Away, ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Angel Sanctuary, Advent Children, Cowboy Bebop the movie. Will have more thats just right now.

How about when online reg will be up >_>;;

Soon, Simi Soon

Kitchen
09-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Sweet, You guys should think of getting some Gundam stuff...and.uh..Galxay Angel and umm.. hellsing.

AkumaRaven
09-26-2004, 08:30 PM
umm... I will just like to point out to those discussing about prizes (Akuma, Ochika, Schu, Kitchen) Umm back a few pages ago, Nagii said they were getting ribbons for the vent o_O;; just wanted to point that out...don't get mad at me!

Yeah, we do, but I was thinking to maybe get something more for the first place groups. I don't know, I'll figure something out.

Kitchen
09-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Hmm... well at least that's settle. I will like to do a panel for you guys, I have this fun little VA panel if you guys are interested.

AkumaRaven
09-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Hmm... well at least that's settle. I will like to do a panel for you guys, I have this fun little VA panel if you guys are interested.
^^ I'm sure Nagii wouln't mind that. I can bring it up to her right now.

Kitchen
09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Yatta. ^_______^

SimiHe
09-26-2004, 09:34 PM
I need an idea for a third cosplay for this con, someone help

Schubuttercup
09-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Depends, what kind of Anime you like or game?

Nagii
09-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Why not do a Fatal Frame character?

Kitchen
09-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Ohh yes you guys should have Fatal Frame in a dark room at this convention

AkumaRaven
09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Fatal Frame is so scary! >.< I almost pee'd myself watching Nagii play it! XD

Kitchen
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
LOL I know. But you guys might need a medic on hold if you do that. Fatal Frame's may have causing of stroke, panic attack, seeing dead people irl, heart attacks, bladder problems, nightmares and even death sideeffects in some cases.

Jo_Canadian
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
*ish a certified saint johns ambulance medic*

Kitchen
09-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Well there you guys go, Jo will be able to help anyone suffering some the FF2 sideeffects ^^

SimiHe
09-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Fatal Frame @ GCAF will be killer!

Jo_Canadian
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
i know how to deal with broken bones and minor injuries i hope no one dies

SimiHe
09-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah I don't think so...maybe just alot of nightmares.

Nagii
09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Fatal Frame or Fatal Frame 2?

Jo_Canadian
10-01-2004, 12:01 AM
fatal frame two was the scarier one of the two....that and the first silent hill game *shudders at the nights he spent alone playing that cause he was too afraid to sleep* the slogan for the game was "dont bother closing your eyes cause what you dont see isnt half as disterbing as what you do"

Nagii
10-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Fatal Frame 2 ok. Hey, you know those plastic coverings that you use for the badges does anyone know what their called?

Schubuttercup
10-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Sorry hun, I don't know

ikegami
10-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Fatal Frame 2 ok. Hey, you know those plastic coverings that you use for the badges does anyone know what their called?

Badge holders and pass holders are the two names I've heard for them

Kitchen
10-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Will there be an Opening and Ending Cermony and where do you sign up for things at the con?

SimiHe
10-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I will like to annouce I booked myself at the Travel lodge, it's cheaper and on the same street.

Nagii
10-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Will there be an Opening and Ending Cermony and where do you sign up for things at the con?

Yes and Yes. All contests and Mas and even Reg will be done in one large room called the Reg room, everything will be there so don't worry

Jo_Canadian
10-03-2004, 11:16 PM
i would still like to announce that i have no where to stay

Schubuttercup
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Poor Jo, someone give poor Jo a ride.

Jo_Canadian
10-04-2004, 10:55 PM
oh i can get there its a matter of having somewhere to stay when i do get there

SimiHe
10-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Sleep with Kitchen in his car?

Jo_Canadian
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM
................i think i am gonna opt against that

Nagii
10-07-2004, 07:57 PM
hehe, well anyways Does anyone have any suggestions on Dealers?

AkumaRaven
10-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Hm, how about these guys? You could give it a shot... http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/

Edit: I'd try to get a hold of 'em, but everytime I try to talk to a business and such, they never reply to me! >.<

SimiHe
10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Dealers Dealers Dealers...well..here's my list:

Kikawai, DMK, Hairy Tanula(or whatever, you know what I mean),Copic, Fast Food Anime, some place that sells Japanese snacks...maybe try Japansnacks.com, Sakura Media, uhh Geneanimation...Dani's shoppie,Jpop House and uh..uhh..

Schubuttercup
10-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Yess I love Kikawai

Wakaba
10-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi, my cousin (Beatrix) and I were thinking about making some Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors costumes for GCAF too. Beatrix will probably be either Okuni or Noh and I would probably be Lu Xun, Gan Ning, or Kunoichi.

Kitchen
10-10-2004, 07:01 PM
If someone is going with Noh, I might have to flirt. Oh and I wouldn't mind Jo, though we'll have to sleep in different areas of the car, I claim the front though...I don't need you driving off to Mcdonalds in the middle of the night with me snoozing in the backseat.

Jo_Canadian
10-11-2004, 02:29 PM
trust me when i say you know i would be driving cause i got a bit of a heavy foot when in the car. lol anyway besides what are you driving anyway

Nagii
10-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I wanted to tell you all the site is updated with new events and soon will have a radio blog.

I also wanted to throw out the pre-reg is up, though isn't showing. (-stab geocities-) for some odd reason. So I am gonna say it here:

Before March 2005 the Weekend Price for admission is $25
A Single Price for admission is $15

After March you can still pre-reg however prices will be:

Weekend-> $35
Single-> $20

Those are the total prices, there will be no events or contests where you will need to pay extra. The badge you wear gets you too all 250 events/contests, depending on the pass you buy will say how many days. Water and snacks will be available during the begining off every day, mosty because of the lines and the July heat which is slightly different then Toronto.

Panels/Workshops- I ask alot of this I know, but i've noticed people only read the last page instead of going though the whole thread, but if you want to do a panel or workshop you have to March 2005 to email our PAWS crew.

Uh..that's it for now.

Schubuttercup
10-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I am so happy yes I am, uh I will just like to say the Pre-Reg form...doesn't seem to open.

SimiHe
10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
PAWS...what a creative name. I bet they feel special now. Well yeah agreeing with Schu here, no workie.

Kitchen
10-13-2004, 11:14 PM
My friend sells those Dollfies things in his shop which are 100%imported by Volks. Should I ask him to be one of the dealers?

Hinata
10-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Um, what's the policy on animals? like guide animals, etc?

Schubuttercup
10-14-2004, 10:04 PM
I doubt they won't let your guide animals in, I mean if they don't you can sue their butts off >_>;;

Nagii
10-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Animals such as guide animals are allow but are to be completely watched, they must be a dog that is well trained and will not eat or cause a problem. The dog must be looked after and be short leashed at all times.

SimiHe
10-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I thought of another....KONZEN from Saiyuki Gaiden.

Kitchen
10-17-2004, 08:35 PM
That is a very good idea for a cosplay, there isn't many Saiyuki Gaiden cosplays out there

Schubuttercup
10-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah I agree. Hey does anyone want to have a get together eat out?

Jo_Canadian
10-19-2004, 02:42 PM
i'm up for it

AkumaRaven
10-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Ooh! That would be mucho cool! ^^

SimiHe
10-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Ohhhhh, I liked it would be so cool to march into Mcdonalds as our anime charas ^^; Ooooh East Side Marios...

AkumaRaven
10-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Ooh! Yeah! That would be so fun ^^ I just finished my costume today as well!

Jo_Canadian
10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
we hit eastside marios every year at cna

Nagii
10-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Out off all the restrurants on ON street...I would suggest...Tim Hortons or Mcdonalds...for fast food since the staff are really nice and fora more nice meal, Jack Astors..but that's just my opinion

Jo_Canadian
10-21-2004, 11:31 PM
jack astors is incrediabbly expensive and you dont really get much by way of portions