PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII

Tifa
11-29-2002, 11:22 AM
Hey, I just had a question..has anyone gotten any of their characters, in FFVIII, to do a 9999 attack? Like, not critical, but a regular attack.. I was just wondering, 'cause the most I can get Zell to do is 5000-something, though 9999 at critical. He's already got full strength (255) and nearing level 60, but I dunno if level really makes a difference in my case... Sorry, I have yet to become strong in VIII =--'=

Kamui Motoaki
11-29-2002, 10:50 PM
have you leveled up your characters to the max and gotten all or some Ultimate weapons?

Michi
11-30-2002, 01:07 AM
EEP. Leveling up to the max isn't the best idea unless you want it harder. :P I went into the last battle with Zell/Squall/Selphie levels 100/100/50 to even it out...

*shrug* I dunno, at the end of the game Squall's Limit Break is really all you need. ^______^

Kamui Motoaki
11-30-2002, 02:27 AM
Michi - Word. . .well said. .^_^

nails
11-30-2002, 03:11 AM
You can get pretty much every member of your party to hit that much damage if you have them maxed at level 100, and have their attributes linked with the best magic. There are a couple other factors I can't remember off the top of my head, like how you have your GFs distributed among your characters and such.

Michi
11-30-2002, 05:20 AM
Yeah if you want the enemies to be very, very hard. :P In FF8 the enemies are however strong you are, except for Omega Weapon. Their level is an average of your own party level... or something. So I'd keep a good member not too high and stock them with junctioning to get their HP/strength up, and then do whatever with everyone else. You wanna keep it evened out somehow, unless you're looking for a challenge. u.o

Will - Heheh. RENZOKUKEN!!.... mmm Lionheart~ And you die now. >_>

nails
11-30-2002, 05:34 AM
I have a save game of most of the main characters maxed out to level 100 well before the end of disk 1. Of course everyone knows how to do this.. you just get uber loads of Blind and fight T-rex for 50 hours on end. But its a good chance to listen to all that music you've been meaning to listen too.. Hell you start getting so used to fighting t-rex you can watch anime while your fighting! I have passed my game time limit twice over. its stuck at 999 hours. I spent 60% of that time doing all of the card quests.. (which was not fun because I suck at that game).

Reset, Restore save game, rince, repeat.

KaineMaxwell
11-30-2002, 10:43 AM
FF8 I never really liked- the drawing magic and having to steal or obtain weapon and armor parts really messed me up game-wise.

Chosuke
11-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Hm.
I never actually used Zell that much.
My team for fighting Ultemecia is Selphie,Squall and Rinoa.
Both Squally and Rinoa take off 9999 normally,but Selphie never attacks.

It's all part of my invincible strategy of DOOM
That also enable you to beat that biotch Sorceress in less then five minutes.

KaineMaxwell
11-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Chobrat
That also enable you to beat that biotch Sorceress in less then five minutes. [/B]

...Or your Gil back!

Chosuke
11-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Guranteed! <--I have a feeling the spelling isn't right,my mind went el blanco.

Tifa
11-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Zell's my strongest chracter =--'= Squall only does 500 attacking (including the shot).... Anyway, I already have 100 Ultimas equipped to his strength, his ultimate weapon, and even Strength+60% equipped. His strength is at max, so I'm just confused that leveling him up will help... I mean, in my sister's game (I juction all the games we have, 'cause she's not that great at it..all she does is optimize) I somehow got Squall, Zell, and Quistis to all attack for 9999..and they're all at level 40-something, and Quistis is FAR from having her ultimate weapon. Soo..that's just weird.. =--= And I just realized that yesterday, too..I was bored, so I was going through all our FF8 games...

Oh, and talking about the card game..I can't seem to find the Quezacoatl card... All the sites I've gone to say that the mayor's wife (in Fisherman's Horizon) has it, but I've challenged her nonstop and have yet to ever see it in her possesion.. And I could use help in finding most other GF cards.. For some reason, I just can't find Boss and GF cards in my current game..

nails
11-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
FF8 I never really liked- the drawing magic and having to steal or obtain weapon and armor parts really messed me up game-wise.

heaven forbid you should have to earn your weapons hehe.

Originally posted by TifaOh, and talking about the card game..I can't seem to find the Quezacoatl card... All the sites I've gone to say that the mayor's wife (in Fisherman's Horizon) has it, but I've challenged her nonstop and have yet to ever see it in her possesion.. And I could use help in finding most other GF cards.. For some reason, I just can't find Boss and GF cards in my current game..

The strategy guide states:

Quezacotl: Location Fisherman's Horizon.

Challenge Mayor Dobe in FH. Try to get this card when you first arrive at FH..

So it looks like you can only get it while Balamb garden is getting fixed.

Tifa
12-02-2002, 05:54 PM
=--= Well, I did try challenging him, too, but he didn't have the card either.. But oh well..I'm already too far in the game, and all 15 of my saves are disk 3 and 4 O.o I don't exactly know how that came to be... I'll prolly start another game soon, though, since I've missed a million things I could've done already..

nails
12-02-2002, 07:50 PM
I play FFVIII on the PC cause I like playing it with 3d exceleration. Since then I have played and beat the game 8 times from scratch. So don't mind me, I'm just crazy.

Tifa
12-02-2002, 10:50 PM
O.o Geez.. I can't stand the final boss...takes me half a century to beat her x.x I guess it's prolly just because I'm so weak, but even if I were strong, I wouldn't wanna beat the entire game 8 times.. >< Me and my sis only have, at the most, 4 games saved, and we've only beaten one..although I'm in Ultimacia's castle in my game..(won't take long, either..highest level I've been in any game before..; a very, very sad 70 =--'=)

Squall Leonhart
12-02-2002, 11:04 PM
You can do it!! ^_^

Tifa
12-02-2002, 11:08 PM
Wow, someone actually believes in me..! =^^'=

nails
12-03-2002, 12:34 AM
she's actually not that hard, and once you get really good at it.. (like beat her 20 times for fun) you can start playing around while fighting her... I actually recorded a video of me beating the final boss. its 1 hour and 20 mins long. I think I only watched it like once after that.. It will be fun to dig out and watch 10 years down the road. :chatah:

L to the 3rd
12-03-2002, 03:21 AM
when i beat the game i think squall and rinoa were at 100 level and i think i had zell with me and he was like 90.

omg i LOVE the card game (triple triad). i almost have very one. i go back to play it sometimes. too bad the card game in FFIX sucked.

OMG..this post is my 666th one. scary.

Trunks61
12-03-2002, 03:55 AM
I never really cared for FF8. It was the worst out of all Final Fantasys ... even worse then Mystic Quest or the dubbing in FFX. The characters were a snore, especially "Mr. Personality" Squall. The characters just had no depth. When they tried to show any feeling, it just seemed really wrong. Or they had changes for no apparent reason, but that's a different post all together. Plus, it's WAY too easy to power up in that game. -.-

As for the topic, yes.. I have.

For an easy way to beat the final boss, turn the Laguna Card into 100 Soldiers. Keep using them in battle to make your characters invincible. It's almost impossible to die.

If you want to play a far superior game, try the Suikoden series on the PS/PS2. The graphics might not be as impressive, but the plot/characters/EVERYTHINGELSE is better then the past 4 FFs (Not that the past 4 FFs were THAT bad with the exception of FF8, they just weren't as good as any Suikoden game).

Square never could make a FF quite as good as 2 and 3 (US)(which WERE on Suikoden's level, prob. better considering it's release date) :hafha:

Though FF Tactics was pretty damn good (Even with dif. gameplay

Well, that's just my two cents, I'm heading to sleep...

Or as Mr. Personality would put it:

"............." :bouncer: :juggler:

Deathscythe
12-03-2002, 03:46 PM
The most difficult creatures in the game were the Ruby Dragons. Those were some tough dragons to fight if you were at level 100, but you only fight them in the underwater lab before you get good ol' Bahamut.

I found the game rather easy even when my characters were already about level 100 at the middle of disc two. Triple Triad was the only reason why I even went throughout the whole game. That was one of the greatest mini-games of all time. Especially when you get both Brothers cards. One on the top right hand side and one on the bottom right side. Nothing could beat them, except for Edea(I think she had one 'A' on top, and one 'A' on the left). There were so many traps in the card game, that it just got to the point where I didn't want to play anymore due to the fact that everyone became my bitch in that game. Yes. Even the Queen of Cards. I got like almost every card except for 2 I think. Actually, no. I was only missing the Laguna card because this girl didn't want to play it.

The FF9 card game was just too boring and too damn confusing to play.

Dark Vision
12-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Actually I believe the best way to do the game is to fight the least amount of battles possible. Then when your GF have learned all their abilities you have Squall juntion as many bonuses as possible. Usually not strength but vitality is most important. Vitality determines how much damage they really take which helped me against the ultima weapon.

Arc_The_Lad
12-03-2002, 04:16 PM
the most damage i've done with no critical hit is 8900 or something with Zell but I was fighting Cactaurs and I had 100%Water on my Elem-Att. Does using Meltdown count?

Tifa
12-03-2002, 05:11 PM
The only reason I haven't gotten to Ultima Weapon yet is because of those ruby dragons.. x.x They're each are like a boss fight! Usually, to make my characters, especially Zell, pretty strong is make their strength 255, which is pretty easy, and just equip Death to their status attack, and he's killed pretty much every enemy that I've encountered on first or second attack (Zell's speed is also near max, so he attacks REALLY fast..). I barely ever use GFs. They aren't very strong compared to Zell..and I usually draw (or cast magic) with my other characters.
The FFIX card game made absolutely no sense..it was totally random, which seriously confused me. I USED to understand it..and I had almost every card (and I could name each and everyone of them by just looking at the picture..well, I still can x.x'). FFVIII's card game was soooooooooooo much better. It was fun, though I still haven't gotten all the cards in just one game... =--=

Tifa
12-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Oh, and about the FFVIII card game..does anyone know a good FF, or whatever, store where I can buy real FFVIII cards (which I do know are real)? I've always wanted to collect them..they look so neat, and it'd become a nice collection.

nails
12-04-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Trunks61
I never really cared for FF8. It was the worst out of all Final Fantasys ...

No matter where I go, or who I talk too. There is always a very thin line between liking and hating FFVIII. Its funny too, because I do not get this kind of reaction from any other game. Its like split 50/50 either you like it or you don't.

L to the 3rd
12-04-2002, 01:32 AM
omg..the stupid card game in FFIX is like..really random and it's not like about skill..it's more like on chance. And it makes no sense.... and the really dumb thing was that you were forced to play to win or you can't go on in the game.

3-D
12-04-2002, 01:51 AM
Hero potions and Irving's Armor Piercing/Pulse Ammo. You can rip HOLES in Ultimecia with that.

Tifa
12-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Lol, it's so sad...in my game, Squall, Quistis, and Zell are all at 70-something, Rinoa's at 20-something, and Irvine and Selphie are both at 10, I think. >< I have never used Irvine's or Selphie's limit breaks.. Well, when I tried to use Irvine's limit break, I got totally lost... I always use Zell's limit break, because he does 8000-something with every hit, and I'm pretty good at hand-eye coordination, so I usualy get to hit her at least 10 times.

Yuna
12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
I killed Ultima Weapon no sweat. Squall just broke limit and kicked its ass with Lionheart and that was that... was harder to accually *get* to it. Eden isn't even worth all the trouble if you can't boost it past 230...

L to the 3rd
12-08-2002, 11:03 PM
yea.. and Eden has along ass summon sequence takes forever too.. damn..i keep falling asleep n' stuff. ^_^;;;

Yuna
12-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Shadow element isn't even that strong against half the monsters at that point in the game, I just stick with Aura when I want to cause massive damage.

artemis316
12-09-2002, 12:55 AM
Man, thinking about Edea's summonings remind me of Knights of the Round summoning in FFVII...so long. X__X

Yuna
12-09-2002, 01:24 AM
Not to mention Ark from FFIX x_x I only summoned Ark when Garnet tranced that way it was worth sitting through the 10 minute summon x_x

artemis316
12-09-2002, 01:33 AM
OMFG...how could I forget Ark from IX?! Gawd...I actually went to sleep while waiting for it X__X

L to the 3rd
12-09-2002, 02:01 AM
i feel asleep twice.. i woke up and i was like holey sheet!

artemis316
12-09-2002, 02:07 AM
LOL, I don't remember you waking me up :D

Well, at least FFX didn't have long arse summonings...well, Bahamut and the Magus sisters were kinda long, but like, not. I think Odin from FFVII was also long, but man Knights of the Round was like, 'Would you hurry up already?!' >_<;;

L to the 3rd
12-09-2002, 02:34 AM
oops..typo..*fixes* ^_^;

Yuna
12-09-2002, 03:47 AM
but the thing with FFX was that you had the option of putting your Aeons on short mode.

artemis316
12-09-2002, 07:14 PM
*Smacks forehead*

...now you tell me. XD~

Yuna
12-09-2002, 10:33 PM
Go to your menu and the option is in like controls or something, it's like under "Customize" XD

Tifa
12-10-2002, 05:32 PM
How much does Squall's limit break do in your game... Oh, and, I thought you can shorted GF and Eidolon sequences, too... I just never minded to.. *lazy* MY BIRTHDAY'S TOMORROW. *cheers* =--'=

artemis316
12-10-2002, 07:24 PM
Yunie Nessa: *Nods* Hai...tells ya how much I use the 'customize' option, LOL!

Yuna
12-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tifa
How much does Squall's limit break do in your game... Oh, and, I thought you can shorted GF and Eidolon sequences, too... I just never minded to.. *lazy* MY BIRTHDAY'S TOMORROW. *cheers* =--'=

this was a while ago, but it totally wasted him; use aura when fighting heard monsters, makes it a bit easier.

Happy Birthday!!

Tifa
12-10-2002, 10:55 PM
*lost* Oh, erm, I was just wondering as a random thing. Hard monsters aren't very hard to find when ZELL'S on your team.. =^^'= GO ZELL. And fankies. But, Yunie, da best way to express a happy birthday is to give da person 10 bucks. YOU HAVE..*look at the clock*..24 HOURS TO GIMME DA MONEY, OR ELSE. *runs of like the crazy person she is* Sorry, I think I get hyper at night sometimes..